• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Arzehn

Anyone else finding it really hard to find a Destiny bundle? How long they'll be producing them?

I'm gonna be sad if I can't find a bundle before its discontinued. Been waiting 2 weeks and it doesn't seem like they are restocking anywhere. Didn't think it would be this bad in BC...

Protoman's forum has 75 total posts(40 from him). That's not "Here's a good place to buy/sell/trade your nerd stuffs", it's "help me get my site off the ground". You kind of need to build up a track record before you can expect people to do that.

It could use a better name.

gamerscanada or gamercanada? Is there a word in between gamers and canada? Is canadagamers or canadiangamers taken? Should I be putting these words in quotes?

i-Jest

Retail:

-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-Shinobi
-Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Soul Hackers
-SMT4
-Cave Story 3D
-Etrian Odyssey: Legends of the Titan
-Code of Princess

eShop:

-HarmoKnight
-Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
-Mighty Switch Force 1/2
-Azure Striker Gunvolt
-Edge
-Dillon's Rolling Western

Has anyone even seen Code of Princess in the wild or online for a reasonable price?

Proto_Man

Neo Member
Anyone else finding it really hard to find a Destiny bundle? How long they'll be producing them?

I'm gonna be sad if I can't find a bundle before its discontinued. Been waiting 2 weeks and it doesn't seem like they are restocking anywhere. Didn't think it would be this bad in BC...

Sony has another bundle planned for the holiday season, it's in the computer at Gamestop/EB Games, if it's Destiny reshipped is yet to be known

Madness

I'm so mad I misses out on the sunset xbone bundle deal. Thinking of getting it but I want to catch a swag deal on it

What Sunset bundle deal? Fuck, did I miss it? It's the only reason I haven't driven down to Washington during the last few weeks and getting one of those Madden + destiny + gift card deals. I want the white Sunset console. I'll probably sell Sunset Overdrive digital edition like $40-$50 straight cash locally. Buy the game later. I only care about the master chief collection right now.

Additionally, I still have my slim and my older elite. I'll probably keep the slim because I always like to keep old consoles, but do you know where would be the best place to trade in my old elite? I think ebgames or future shop only give $60, which I'll probably just do.

Sora_N

Eh there's one or two at the Shoppers I work at. I'm in Vancouver.

SickBoy

What Sunset bundle deal? Fuck, did I miss it? It's the only reason I haven't driven down to Washington during the last few weeks and getting one of those Madden + destiny + gift card deals. I want the white Sunset console. I'll probably sell Sunset Overdrive digital edition like $40-$50 straight cash locally. Buy the game later. I only care about the master chief collection right now.

Additionally, I still have my slim and my older elite. I'll probably keep the slim because I always like to keep old consoles, but do you know where would be the best place to trade in my old elite? I think ebgames or future shop only give $60, which I'll probably just do.

The Sunset bundle for $399, plus a free game from a list (included Destiny to start) and a $50 card (XBL credit, I believe... could've been MS Store GC... can't recall)

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Final Fantasy

fucking get this game

I remember when I had it on the BB E3 pre-order and I was all "Ehhh..." even though I really liked the demo of the first game.

Then the game shipped and I got it and I played it probably for half a day and did nothing else. It actually pulled me away from Destiny and Quake Live's Steam launch for a while. God it's so good.

My 5s is getting me $435. I am letting them do the selling. It was valued at $555.

They are sending me the box now. I should get the money October 10th.

Vancouver Sun article on Orchard as of yesterday.

iPhone 5 64gb could be sold for a decent price. Definitely download the app and at least get a quote.

I just tried it for my factory unlocked iPhone 5 32GB and all I'm getting is $190 which seems quite low.

However, I can't seem to select the "Unlocked" feature and I'm just getting options of breaking contract and all.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Just a quick update, so I ordered Silver 3DS XL Bundle with Mario & Luigi Dream Team from Walmart. 180$ with tax.

Its sold out in store so will have to wait for the delivery now. Refurbished 3DS was 135+TAX+Shipping and was coming out to be 160$ I think. So extra 20$ you get this game is not bad I guess. I hope the game is good though lol

DJ_Lae

The Sunset bundle for $399, plus a free game from a list (included Destiny to start) and a $50 card (XBL credit, I believe... could've been MS Store GC... can't recall)

Anyone tried exchanging the game at a Microsoft store? I thought I was being all clever by picking Destiny as I figured it would be worth the most if I wanted to sell it (and I did, I already bought the Destiny bundled PS4 back around E3), but if I could swap it for Forza Horizon 2 I would.

And I will definitely try once it releases.

since Playstation TV is coming i can finally get that DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc game i had my eye on, i guess i already missed any decent sales for it? $40 is still cool tho

DaBoss

Amazon.ca Just put up pictures for the WII U Adaptor and Gamecube Controller

So I would expect a price change coming shortly. Also I see if you search for Smash Bros WII U the date is November 21st.

I doubt it's real but worth noting.
lol I checked it earlier today and didn't realize that there weren't pictures up for it before that.

With so many stores worldwide putting Nov 21st, it seems like that is the date. "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

From the previous thread...

For Trade/Sale...
Download Code for The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD for Wii U

Looking For...
$20 in eShop or PSN credit (I'm open to other offers too.)

Note: I live in Canada, so please be mindful of that when making your offer. PM me if you are interested.

Edit:
Price reduction.

Cross post from the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. I got this code as part of the Mario Kart 8 promo and it expires at the end of this month, so I've reduced the price. I'm open to other offers as well. I don't want it to go to waste. (I don't have a Wii U yet, and won't for a while still.)

Cross post from the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. I got this code as part of the Mario Kart 8 promo and it expires at the end of this month, so I've reduced the price. I'm open to other offers as well. I don't want it to go to waste. (I don't have a Wii U yet, and won't for a while still.)

I don't think this the best place to post this, plus $20 isn't really the best deal I've seen for the game!
Good luck though :)

Sealtest

Hmm I find it odd futureshop hasn't charged or atleast put a hold on my card for hyrule warriors yet.. Usually they do it on the monday for a friday release.

You can get more than $20 on eBay (even though they frown upon digital codes).

I don't think this the best place to post this, plus $20 isn't really the best deal I've seen for the game!
Good luck though :)
I am open to other offers. I just want to get the code to someone who can actually use it and get a little out it myself.

You can get more than $20 on eBay (even though they frown upon digital codes).
I'm not going down the eBay rabbit hole. Too much hassle. Thanks for the suggestion though.

poodpick

Does amazon.ca usually take this long to put limited editions up? Emailed amazon.ca and they told me that they don't know when its going up.

I pre-ordered all my games through amazon.com when the loonie was doing better

Top Bottom