• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

djblue89

Thief worth 30$ ?

April is pretty slow for PS4 so might want to get it as a filler game for the month. Any one have some comments on it ?

Deadly

Broke my moral code and cancelled my Amazon order of RoS that didn't have the 5$ price hike and ordered from FS goddamnit. Why do they take so long for games?

Lexxism

It did? I don't remember the $10 credit, is there an expiry?

Yes. PS4 comes with a $10 credit, 30 days music unlimited and 30 days PS+. It will expire by the end of the March I think.

10732012643_362b8236a3_z.jpg

Thief worth 30$ ?

April is pretty slow for PS4 so might want to get it as a filler game for the month. Any one have some comments on it ?

Yeah both the PS4 & XB1 don't have any big retail releases in the next or so up until Watch Dogs. Either Tomb Raider or Thief would definitely help.

Yes. PS4 comes with a $10 credit, 30 days music unlimited and 30 days PS+. It will expire by the end of the March I think.

10732012643_362b8236a3_z.jpg

Well I guess I might have lost mine, damn it, could have made those purchases even sweeter.

I just checked online and my order still says "Shipping Soon" but I got it delivered this morning. Hopefully yours comes in soon.

Same happened to me yesterday, I'm happy! No biggie, there's very few games I deperately need to play on release day.
Between Shop and VGP(and pricematching locally if necessary) I think we'll be ok with these false $70 games which smart shoppers will never end up paying anyways.

Jblanks

Looks like every store now has a stock of PS4. They really waited for that $50 bump before shipping those PS4 :lol

Did you get yours at launch?

Music unlimited automatically renewed and took my $10, maybe it happened to him.

Will be buying tomb raider for $30 on the weekend.

gpRYme

Regarding EB honouring the price they had at the time you put a in-store preorder, it's not happening! Tried that yesterday when I wanted to pick up my second CE of Infamous preorder for a friend and they refused so I told them to eat it and got my deposit! Shamelessly he tried to make me put the money towards another preorder, a stupid offer I declined of course!

That's garbage. Terrible way to do business.

Not to head up The EB Defense Force, but they didn't adjust my online preorder price.

Kalren

Regarding EB honouring the price they had at the time you put a in-store preorder, it's not happening! Tried that yesterday when I wanted to pick up my second CE of Infamous preorder for a friend and they refused so I told them to eat it and got my deposit! Shamelessly he tried to make me put the money towards another preorder, a stupid offer I declined of course!

Send a tweet to @EBGamesCanada. They might do something? I've seen some tweets asking for more info from those who paid more

From @EBGamesCanada
Hi there, if you pre-ordered at $59.99, you should have only paid $59.99 + tax. Please send me a DM with your name/phone number EB Games Canada (@EBGamesCanada)

Hope that helps.

i-Jest

Have there been any decent deals for televisions? I was considering getting one, as I'm planning on having a Mario Kart 8 party with a group of friends (as soon as the game is released, that is).

Check tiger direct's Canadian site. I use a toshiba 32L1300UC. I only use it for gaming and it does that well enough.

I picked up Tomb Raider: DE on PS4 last (couldn't resist even though I have the 360 version). Felt a bit dumb that I forgot to look into the 10 dollars that I had coming to me from the $60-$10 deal a couple of weeks back (d'oh). They never sent me my code so I had to contact support this morning to get it. Guess I'll find something to use it on before next week's expiry date.

isny

napkin dispenser
I know this is pretty random, but anyone interested in a metal DDR pad? Moving and it has to go. Cobalt Flux, impeccable condition. Just PM me!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I picked up Tomb Raider: DE on PS4 last (couldn't resist even though I have the 360 version). Felt a bit dumb that I forgot to look into the 10 dollars that I had coming to me from the $60-$10 deal a couple of weeks back (d'oh). They never sent me my code so I had to contact support this morning to get it. Guess I'll find something to use it on before next week's expiry date.
The code expires on March 31st but once you redeem it the money in your wallet doesn't expire. You can take your time to spend it.

Any Canadians looking for an Xbox One, I'm selling on for $400. Bought it for Titanfall, but I don't see anything else worth getting on the horizon.

I'm located in Ontario in the Vaughan area.

I'm also selling a copy of Xenoblade for $50.

Any Canadians looking for an Xbox One, I'm selling on for $400. Bought it for Titanfall, but I don't see anything else worth getting on the horizon.

I'm located in Ontario in the Vaughan area.

I'm also selling a copy of Xenoblade for $50.

Bah, shame you're not in vancouver or I'd bite for sure.

ref

If anyone knows of a place that has the MGS: Legacy Collection in stock, let me know. Only place I see that has it in stock is EB Games and it's used =(.

I saw it was in stock at Amazon a couple days ago but was hoping it'd be in stores, missed out on my opportunity to get it there.

i-Jest

It says not factory sealed, in the top left corner!

Sdsu2yC.jpg

Doesn't necessarily mean it's used. From my experience, if the product is used there would be a re-certified statement in the description. I'm not seeing that so I don't think these are used. They are however unsealed. Either way a great price for those who don't have it yet.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into Futureshop/BestBuy?

Doesn't necessarily mean it's used. From my experience, if the product is used there would be a re-certified statement in the description. I'm not seeing that so I don't think these are used. They are however unsealed. Either way a great price for those who don't have it yet.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into Futureshop/BestBuy?

Good to know, I'm waiting for my first order from them to be delivered (3 Blurays and MGS Vita) and I was worried the cases might be roughed up or something! All items were marked as not factory sealed too!

i-Jest

Good to know, I'm waiting for my first order from them to be delivered (3 Blurays and MGS Vita) and I was worried the cases might be roughed up or something! All items were marked as not factory sealed too!

I've bought one other product from them. It's used but it works great.

Vinc

So guys, it looks like the PS4 is going back down in price, someone posted an image from the Source flyer at RFD.

I'm just hoping this isn't just a misprint, and if not... I'm really hoping this extends to games.

I bet it's a misprint. Why would they put the price back down after such a short time after it was increased. Especially since no one could find any.

Top Bottom