• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

if it was processed at a local delivery facility, you're gonna get it today. if not... RIP

2014/10/03 06:59 MISSISSAUGA Item processed
2014/10/02 17:34 MISSISSAUGA Electronic information submitted by shipper.
2014/10/02 17:21 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post

That's all I got.

I've been trying to change my payment method on FutureShop.ca for a few days now and it keep giving me an error message. "temporarily unavailable"

will this be resolved or do I need to phone them up?

zroid

Banned
2014/10/03 06:59 MISSISSAUGA Item processed
2014/10/02 17:34 MISSISSAUGA Electronic information submitted by shipper.
2014/10/02 17:21 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post

That's all I got.

Doesn't look good lol. Might still get it today though.

I've been trying to change my payment method on FutureShop.ca for a few days now and it keep giving me an error message. "temporarily unavailable"

will this be resolved or do I need to phone them up?

the site is broken as hell, you need to call to modify orders and payment info usually

My Smash was processed in my city at 7, but it isn't out for delivery and the estimated date is Monday. Looks like I have to go to FS and do a return on Monday.

Banned
GREENMANGAMING Final Fantasy XIII preorder for $10.80.

At checkout enter the 25% off voucher OCTOBE-R25OFF-GMGXXX

zroid

Banned
Mine went out for delivery a few minutes ago ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

still have to wait 5 hours for mail to arrive :(

GREENMANGAMING Final Fantasy XIII preorder for $10.80.

At checkout enter the 25% off voucher OCTOBE-R25OFF-GMGXXX

Decent deal, but it's hilarious how the Playfire Rewards program not being compatible with GMG vouchers has actually made me buy far, far less on GMG. I just keep hoarding the credit I have, waiting for the "right time" to use it, and in the meantime pass up all the 25% off vouchers I probably would've used otherwise.

bryehn

Anyone else get charged in full by best buy for e3 orders of games that are nowhere close to being released? I got nailed with $500 at once and I'm pretty pissed...a lot of those games are 2015.

Anyone else get charged in full by best buy for e3 orders of games that are nowhere close to being released? I got nailed with $500 at once and I'm pretty pissed...a lot of those games are 2015.

Did the charge show up on your credit card?

Some people have reported this happening on the website and then seeing it reversed. Nothing showing up on cards.

Decent deal, but it's hilarious how the Playfire Rewards program not being compatible with GMG vouchers has actually made me buy far, far less on GMG. I just keep hoarding the credit I have, waiting for the "right time" to use it, and in the meantime pass up all the 25% off vouchers I probably would've used otherwise.
This is the exact effect it has had on me too.

bryt

Happened to me too. The charge didn't show up on my CC though and it's been 3 days. Probably just a site error.

Same here. Although I'm reprepping my GMG account in the event that Steam: Canadian Edition decides to suck ass.

jholmes

My Smash is out for delivery, but thanks to the DO NOT SAFE DROP on it and the fact Best Buy is packing it in a giant cardboard sleeve, I'm waiting indoors all damn day until it comes. I left home for an hour for Theatrhythm and that's exactly when it came, and I AM NOT missing Smash, thank you very much.

My Smash is out for delivery, but thanks to the DO NOT SAFE DROP on it and the fact Best Buy is packing it in a giant cardboard sleeve, I'm waiting indoors all damn day until it comes. I left home for an hour for Theatrhythm and that's exactly when it came, and I AM NOT missing Smash, thank you very much.

Mine is also out for delivery. This was at 12, when lately the package would be deliver around 1.

I prefer the old bubble mailers. If someone else has a package, they can't fit these cardboard ones in the mailbox. And lately they haven't been trying to deliver it to my house, or going to the wrong house, or putting a slip when someone is home...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I already have Shadow of Mordor to play through.

I just bought Reaper of Souls for $20.

Yet you guys are tempting me to go out and buy Smash Bros right now instead of waiting till next week. The hype is too real.

Guesong

I feel your pain.

There is nobody at home at the moment, and I don't mind having to go pick it up at a Post Office later today, so long as I'm guaranteed to have it later today. No Saturday afternoon bullshit.

I'm trying to think of a plan to leave early and cross my fingers that the postman only comes at 4 PM ish like she did for Hyrule Warriors, but that looks unlikely.

Dammit BB, bubble mailers pls.

Jinto

Yay, just got Smash in the mail. I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. Also took me awhile to find the Club Nintendo code. Didn't realize they started putting them on the back of the cover now.

suikodan

SSB from FutureShop is also waiting for me at home, I'm surprised!

I'll go play it now thanks to the digital version I also bought.

Can you cancel part of an Amazon E3 order while retaining the discounts? I realize I have a duplicate Smash copy on pre-order. It hasn't shipped yet.

DJ_Lae

Hmm, wonder if there are any upcoming Shoppers coupons to use for Shadow of Mordor. I'm currently 117 in line for PS4 copies through the library, which means I'll probably get to play it by next March.

Seik

Banned
Yay, just got Smash in the mail. I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. Also took me awhile to find the Club Nintendo code. Didn't realize they started putting them on the back of the cover now.

Heh, had the same thing happening with Hyrule Warriors. :p

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Once again the delivery man came, rang the bell once and left as soon as he could. Will have to wait until tomorrow to play. :(

ohlawd

first time I noticed the CN code on the cover was on Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright and that came out on tailend of August.

and yo mail got here early for Smash. Bye fellas.

i-Jest

I noticed that with Hyrule Warriors. I guess it's cost efficient more than anything else.

Guesong

I'm trying to think of a plan to leave early and cross my fingers that the postman only comes at 4 PM ish like she did for Hyrule Warriors, but that looks unlikely.

Scratch that, I made it home.

keikaku.jpg

Lexxism

Can you cancel part of an Amazon E3 order while retaining the discounts? I realize I have a duplicate Smash copy on pre-order. It hasn't shipped yet.

No, the promo discount was automatically removed when I cancelled a game I didn't want from one of my orders.

Actually the discounts will retain for the whole order. The only thing will be remove is the discount of the item you cancelled. So if you have 18%, 30% etc discounts. It will retain for the remaining items unshipped.

Returners

Actually the discounts will retain for the whole order. The only thing will be remove is the discount of the item you cancelled. So if you have 18%, 30% etc discounts. It will retain for the remaining items unshipped.

not when it goes below 3 items per order...

Big Chungus

my smash bros hasnt even been shipped yet from futureshop.

can i just go buy a copy from my local walmart and then return the copy from futureshop?

or do they have different upc codes?

AzerPhire

my smash bros hasnt even been shipped yet from futureshop.

can i just go buy a copy from my local walmart and then return the copy from futureshop?

or do they have different upc codes?

UPC codes are the same unless there is some retail exclusive packaging (There isn't for SSB).

I do this all the time and never have any issues.

ohlawd

Smash is fun

I played for 20 mins then went back to Hyrule Warriors. I don't even like the latter all that much because the emphasis on levels is total bullshit.

love the difficulty bar, Sakurai dah gawd for adding that from KIU. I think I just stopped because the 1-2 second loading got to me for some reason and how most of the characters are unlocked from the start. Really shit ass reasons lol but it plays fucking well. I never doubted that aspect. gonna wait for my bro to get home so we can do co-op in Smash or something.

Mupod

Wow...anyone else preorder a Asus GTX 970 from NCIX? I ordered as soon as they went up on the 22nd, and everything was processed days ago. Card charged etc. I figured I'd go pick it up after work today or early tomorrow. But I just got an email saying they won't be in until october 30.

Good thing I went and bought one from canada computers the other day when they were briefly in stock. But I'm keeping the order for this one since I have a buyer for it already.

The funny thing is they also jacked the price up to $450. I'd imagine they won't just suddenly charge me an extra 70 bucks, at least.

Lexxism

DOTD: Pre-order LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4) for $49.99 ($20 off) @ FutureShop.ca - http://owl.li/CfN6Z - Add to cart for effect

edit: Oh, thesource shipped my driveclub but totally forgot it will ship to one of the stores nearby -_-

Top Bottom