• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Stage On

Aren't you being a tad impatient? The day isn't even over, and as others have said, the tracking number and status mean little. I've seen a "delivered" status that just meant "we dropped a card off so you can pick it up tomorrow at the post office".

By the time the 10th rolls around you should have your game.

BS. The tracking number is supposed to mean something. They aren't supposed to scan the damn thing as delivered until it's actually has been delivered. Otherwise if shit goes wrong as it has in this case it's an utter pain in the ass to resolve.

I mean how do you even get in contact with someone at Canada Post? The Phone number just goes to a useless robot that tells you to file for support online only for the online support to not let you file because your status is delivered.

Then it tells you to go to the seller to initiate a online service ticket. Swell except the blood sender (Futureshop in my case) wants to wait 5 business days just for the heck of it.

It's over 10pm and I still don't have my game. And now they might not even start looking into it until the 10th. So because some jackass couldn't do his job properly I'm double screwed over because that's the Thanksgiving long weekend.

Realistically speaking that would mean Canada post won't even look into the damn thing until the 14th and knowing how slow they it'll be even longer before this is actually resolved.

Madness

I thought all the shipping complaints were going to be toned down in this thread? I get that it's sort of a Canadian community here but come on, why so much whining and anger over something the rest of us here have no control over?

Post hot deals, potential deals, discounts and discuss them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I thought all the shipping complaints were going to be toned down in this thread? I get that it's sort of a Canadian community here but come on, why so much whining and anger over something the rest of us here have no control over?

The thread would be empty if we could only talk about deals. People like airing their frustrations with others going through the same thing.

i-Jest

Indigo Chapters:

110079_FWSS_FallMarkDown_v3.jpg

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/sale?ref=headband-sale

Seik

Banned
If anyone is interested, Playstation Gold Headset is on sale at thesource.ca at 79,99$ instead of 99,99$.

2.jpg

I regretted not buying it with the 20$ off code from last week, this time I bought it. :lol

diaspora

BS. The tracking number is supposed to mean something. They aren't supposed to scan the damn thing as delivered until it's actually has been delivered. Otherwise if shit goes wrong as it has in this case it's an utter pain in the ass to resolve.

I mean how do you even get in contact with someone at Canada Post? The Phone number just goes to a useless robot that tells you to file for support online only for the online support to not let you file because your status is delivered.

Then it tells you to go to the seller to initiate a online service ticket. Swell except the blood sender (Futureshop in my case) wants to wait 5 business days just for the heck of it.

It's over 10pm and I still don't have my game. And now they might not even start looking into it until the 10th. So because some jackass couldn't do his job properly I'm double screwed over because that's the Thanksgiving long weekend.

Realistically speaking that would mean Canada post won't even look into the damn thing until the 14th and knowing how slow they it'll be even longer before this is actually resolved.

I hammered 0 in the Canada Post phone menu to get to an operator. After some "digging", I was told that Best Buy sent the game to Canada Post after the cutoff time for getting it here in time for... today. I'm thinking your situation might be the same as mine since I had to fucking interrogate like 4 people at BB and Canada Post to get a damn answer.

If anyone is interested, Playstation Gold Headset is on sale at thesource.ca at 79,99$ instead of 99,99$.

2.jpg

I regretted not buying it with the 20$ off code from last week, this time I bought it. :lol

God I swear they go on sale at least 2-3 times every month now and it's always between $69.99 and $79.99.

I can't believe I was only a few minutes late during that time when BB and FS had them for like... $20 bucks.

Seik

Banned
God I swear they go on sale at least 2-3 times every month now and it's always between $69.99 and $79.99.

I can't believe I was only a few minutes late during that time when BB and FS had them for like... $20 bucks.

Haha, yeah I heard about that one, though I was something like a couple of days late. :p

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

2.jpg

anyone else know if any other deals on these somewhere or another code? Trying to find something for my gf to buy me for my bday

Sorry, but I don't think anyone really agreed to tone down or stop shipping discussion. Some people were upset with shipping discussion (likely because it doesn't pertain to something applicable to them) and they wanted to set the direction of the thread. But as noted here:

The thread would be empty if we could only talk about deals.

Which is true, because of how badly our deals went downhill following our dollar. The more notable deals have been posted, and now people are discussing the shipping behind those particular deals.

Stage On

I hammered 0 in the Canada Post phone menu to get to an operator. After some "digging", I was told that Best Buy sent the game to Canada Post after the cutoff time for getting it here in time for... today. I'm thinking your situation might be the same as mine since I had to fucking interrogate like 4 people at BB and Canada Post to get a damn answer.

If it was just some shipping issue where Canada post simply didn't get the game until it was too late to deliver it until Monday that would have been one thing. I could have lived with that, it's being lied to with the tracking info that's really pissing me off.

I've been having a lot of issues with Canada Post lately, my magazines never come on time anymore and they've delivered next doors mail to me several times, for the house both to the right and the left of me and even a house on another street that happens to have the same number for their address.

It doesn't help that they've lost stuff on me in the past as well like with my copy of Dragon Age 2. So now I'm worried that it might not even show up on Monday.

diaspora

If it was just some shipping issue where Canada post simply didn't get the game until it was too late to deliver it until Monday that would have been one thing. I could have lived with that, it's being lied to with the tracking info that's really pissing me off.

I've been having a lot of issues with Canada Post lately, my magazines never come on time anymore and they've delivered next doors mail to me several times, for the house both to the right and the left of me and even a house on another street that happens to have the same number for their address.

It doesn't help that they've lost stuff on me in the past as well like with my copy of Dragon Age 2. So now I'm worried that it might not even show up on Monday.

I agree, and that's why I'm pissed myself. I'm just saying it could be a similar case for you where both it got to Canada Post a few hours too late and they bullshitted the tracking number.

Any eshop card deals going on? I skipped out on the target one stupidly.

Who agreed to this? I don't remember doing that.

Seik

Banned

More like discussing about deals AND discussing about games.

Whining because Smash is coming in late because hype is comprehensible.

Xenoflare

I completely forgot about the target deal also applies to eShop cards , then again, all my remaining free cash was siphoned out by it from the discounted PS+/PS cards.

Jinto

Speaking of The Source, anyone get their orders yet from that $20 off deal last week? I chose the deliver to store option and the status is still preparing order. Seems kinda weird that it hasn't shipped yet. It's the first time I've ever purchased anything from their website.

Lothars

Speaking of The Source, anyone get their orders yet from that $20 off deal last week? I chose the deliver to store option and the status is still preparing order. Seems kinda weird that it hasn't shipped yet. It's the first time I've ever purchased anything from their website.
Same my order is still processing

Seik

Banned

I got my copy of Destiny Thursday, but the Pro Controller is still not shipped.

I guess they got too many resquests in one shot and they didn't have enough for the demand.

Jinto

Same my order is still processing

I got my copy of Destiny Thursday, but the Pro Controller is still not shipped.

I guess they got too many resquests in one shot and they didn't have enough for the demand.

That makes sense. I wanted to play Tropical Freeze this weekend. I wonder if they'll give me a store copy, since they have it on stock. Doubt it.

Did you get an update when it shipped? I was kinda hoping they shipped it without updating, so there would be a chance I got it on Monday.

bryt

Got my Wii U pro controller today.

Socreges

Banned
Initially I thought you got both of them and it was still a bad deal.
Same! Which kind of made sense because it seemed like it was just tricking people into thinking $1134 was the math while the actual math was in the fine print below. And I get that. This, this I don't get. Who alive is dumb enough to fall for this?

Socreges

Banned

2.jpg

Is this worth getting for just PS3 gaming? And I'd guess it works for PC as well?

Seik

Banned
That makes sense. I wanted to play Tropical Freeze this weekend. I wonder if they'll give me a store copy, since they have it on stock. Doubt it.

Did you get an update when it shipped? I was kinda hoping they shipped it without updating, so there would be a chance I got it on Monday.

Yeah, they sent me an e-mail for Destiny when it was shipped with a tracking number and all that jazz.

Is this worth getting for just PS3 gaming? And I'd guess it works for PC as well?

I wasn't sure either, but I made this thread yesterday and it seems to the best headset all-around for that price.

Pugsley

Neo Member

I called them about that, my game had been backordered. They didn't have an estimate as to when they game would be in stock so I cancelled.

koopas

I'd be shocked if someone was stupid enough to buy this.
Completely stupid. But consider some people buy consoles using other credit products (retailer credit card, visa etc) ranging from 12 to 25 percent interest and yet only pay the minimum payments.

Equally as dumb?

Of course: I have three games I want to trade in to EB, since Kijiji isn't being fruitful. Two of them are worth $20 and $22 in trade-in-value, respectively, while the other is only $9. So, because that one is only $9, they don't qualify for trade 3 for $70.

My Pro Controller has already being processed by Canada Post in Calgary so it should be delivered on Monday.

iLLmAtlc

anyone know how duties usually work? I just ordered a Saul Goodman bobblehead from amazon.com >_> for 19 US dollars. Can I expect to pay duties?

anyone know how duties usually work? I just ordered a Saul Goodman bobblehead from amazon.com >_> for 19 US dollars. Can I expect to pay duties?

I believe that Amazon.com has an Import charge that you pay when you check out, which should cover all duty charges.

And with all my orders, I usually get around 50-75% of that charge refunded.

zroid

Banned
I believe that Amazon.com has an Import charge that you pay when you check out, which should cover all duty charges.

And with all my orders, I usually get around 50-75% of that charge refunded.

I think that's just for tax, not duty. But you aren't gonna get charged duty on a bobblehead, lol.

Top Bottom