• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Lexxism

bVRxCeH.jpg

We will know on Friday if this is misprint or not.

i-Jest

Probably... but hey at least we can use the ad to price match!

Exactly. Take your wins where you can get them boys and girls. Now that PS4's are back in stock just price match the fuck out of retailers. Who knows how long this $399 possible misprint will last.

Jinto

Xbox 360 wired controller is $29.99 at Best Buy. Sold out online, but there's plenty in store here, so probably the same most everywhere else.

LINK

isny

napkin dispenser
Glad you're ok, thought something happened to you!

Hahaha, thanks. I still have your game sitting on the bubble mailer from FS. Life is busy, between school and the fact that I'm leaving the country for six months at the end of April life has been insane.

PM me again with your email if you still want the game and I'll invoice ya.

Was able to PM the source flyer at a target in winnipeg about 30 mins ago. Plus got he 5% off with using red card. Had 2 when I got there, guy walked in as I was walking out who had the same plan.

isny

napkin dispenser
Wow, I forgot all about the Cobalt Flux pads. I remember when I wanted one back in 2004.

Yup, I wanted one for years and was so happy to finally get one. Got it brand new from them the year before they closed, paid around $600 for it. Was welllll worth the price considering how much I'd pay at the arcade for DDR, lol

Hahaha, thanks. I still have your game sitting on the bubble mailer from FS. Life is busy, between school and the fact that I'm leaving the country for six months at the end of April life has been insane.

PM me again with your email if you still want the game and I'll invoice ya.

Ok cool, I'll PM you :)

zorbsie

EB is giving $20 per game for trades toward a PS4. Minimum $8 TIV and up. I have 150 in credit already. I might bite on this if I have enough games that are worth $8. Here is a link to the promotion.

Megasoum

Banned
anyone know if there will be higher capacity hdds to put in the PS4? i think 1tb is the limit so far correct?

You can put any 2.5in SATA HDD in a PS4. There's no size limite afaik. I think the limit right now is with the actual drives available on the market and not the PS4.You can put a 2TB drive in there no problem.

Anony

does anyone know where to get a (wii/u) balance board for cheap?
i know that target had it on clearance a couple months back for like 20$, not that i'm expecting that since they were prob clearing out the old sku for the wiiu one

You're right. Just horrible trade in values. I thought this might be a deal but not really.

Haven't traded anything yet. Couldn't find enough games to make this worth my time.

I wouldn't be surprised if FS and BB quit offering trades soon. They haven't had a single trade deal since the $40 for next gen games, which I think is what spurred the majority of trade traffic for them. I feel like it probably just makes them lose money. I can honestly say that unless it has been on some insane deal, I have NEVER bought a used game at FS or BB, only traded with them. Could be wrong though.

Housh

I wouldn't be surprised if FS and BB quit offering trades soon. They haven't had a single trade deal since the $40 for next gen games, which I think is what spurred the majority of trade traffic for them. I feel like it probably just makes them lose money. I can honestly say that unless it has been on some insane deal, I have NEVER bought a used game at FS or BB, only traded with them. Could be wrong though.
Seriously. I did that deal in the winter where I traded in 3 junk games and got AC4, Ghosts, and BF4 for PS3. Walked into ebgames and paid $30 in total to upgrade them all to PS4 versions.

I played through them all then traded them into FS for over $100 in store credit.

anyone know if there will be higher capacity hdds to put in the PS4? i think 1tb is the limit so far correct?

You can put any 2.5in SATA HDD in a PS4. There's no size limite afaik. I think the limit right now is with the actual drives available on the market and not the PS4.You can put a 2TB drive in there no problem.

Yeah there isn't a limit on how much you can put in there but 2.5in drives I think the highest you can go for is a 2TB.

Nah, I'm sure they are still doing pretty well

You're right. Just horrible trade in values. I thought this might be a deal but not really.

Their values have been ridiculous, I was debating trading for infamous but it was basically trade 3 very recent games for it as they were they only ones that would qualify and with tivs.ca barely getting updated its just not worth my time to bring in a pile of games that *might* qualify into the store. At this point i'm just gonna go all digital and if I can't afford a game i'll just hold off instead of trading for it.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Oh shit, should grab a spare.

EDIT: Aaaand Winnipeg is sold out.

I've only seen ONE PS4 in Winnipeg since Nov 2013, and it was at EB games. No thanks, I'll buy from somewhere with a solid return/exchange policy just to be safe.

Top Bottom