• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

diaspora

Canada Post never ended up delivering Smash so I'm still playing the demo. Best Buy told me to fuck off since the tracking number was marked as delivered.

Well. Okay. There goes $35? =/

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Canada Post never ended up delivering Smash so I'm still playing the demo. Best Buy told me to fuck off since the tracking number was marked as delivered.

This happened to me... Had to call Futureshop multiple times to FINALLY get a refund. Worse case scenario, tell them you will do a chargeback on your credit card...

Do not give up; you paid that money for a product you didn't receive, they owe you that money...!

By the way, you can try calling Canada Post but it was useless in my case. I was told the sender (in that case, Futureshop) had to deal with them, they didn't want to help me at all.

Spike

So, Best Buy decided to ship my Project Spark, with their E3 preorder price of 48.99. Of course, the game is actually 39.99.

Not sure if any of you are catching that.

You have to call them and complain. It's the only way.

They are going to try to weasel their way out of refunding you, but stick to your guns and make sure they understand that you 'entered into an agreement for the cost of the game less the discount, but they had a placeholder amount when the game was announced' and that they should 'deduct the promotional discount from the correct msrp.'

Be firm and if need be, go up the chain to get what you want.

Riptwo

It may help to visit your local depot if you can. I recently had a package that was marked as delivered despite never arriving, and the official CP response was that I needed to contact the sender to initiate an investigation. The sender was MIA, so I talked with staff at the local post office, and they told me to check out the depot.

The depot staff investigated the package and got in touch with my mail carrier and their supervisor to figure out what had happened. Turns out that the carrier had delivered my package in one of the oversized compartments of my community mailbox, but had forgotten to give me a key. They ended up having the package at my front door by the time I made it home from the depot.

It's worth a shot!

You have to call them and complain. It's the only way.

They are going to try to weasel their way out of refunding you, but stick to your guns and make sure they understand that you 'entered into an agreement for the cost of the game less the discount, but they had a placeholder amount when the game was announced' and that they should 'deduct the promotional discount from the correct msrp.'

Be firm and if need be, go up the chain to get what you want.
It's either that or return it with that exact same reason. I'll be fine. I'm just surprised that it's actually launching.

New EB Deals went live today

WCSptq.jpg

XtraLS.jpg

khaaan

Saw a pink 2DS at my local target on clearance for $89.99 (price applied only to pink one). Obviously ymmv.

No call from The Source yet =(

Do you need the case if you want to trade in a 3DS game at EB, Future Shop or Best Buy?

Edit: Lol speak of the devil, I guess you do. Oh well.

Neki

Super Mario 3d world appears to be marked down to 29.99 at super store, not sure if it's been posted yet, pretty good price but it was the ugly red case

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone who ordered Smash 3DS from Amazon during E3 received their order yet? They still haven't shipped mine out yet and now the game is marked as "usually ships within 8-9 days". :/

Ondore

Has anyone who ordered Smash 3DS from Amazon during E3 received their order yet? They still haven't shipped mine out yet and now the game is marked as "usually ships within 8-9 days". :/

Just got mine today.

I'm guessing the Pokemon ORAS trade deals aren't up yet?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Samesies.

Also for Amazon PS4 deal people whose codes weren't working, they are all activated now as of today.
Damnit, was looking forward to getting my 20% back. :(

Some people who got it shipped early got super lucky, as they got both the discount and their codes are working now.

Damnit, was looking forward to getting my 20% back. :(

Some people who got it shipped early got super lucky, as they got both the discount and their codes are working now.

I tried to get mine and they deflected me to Sony support. Damn it.

In any case, if anyone wants to buy a TLOU remastered code...send me a PM I guess lol.

My WiiU Pro Controller came this morning from The Source, their shipping is so slow that it took a week to get here! Packing is good though, not a cheap bubble bag!

diaspora

This happened to me... Had to call Futureshop multiple times to FINALLY get a refund. Worse case scenario, tell them you will do a chargeback on your credit card...

Do not give up; you paid that money for a product you didn't receive, they owe you that money...!

By the way, you can try calling Canada Post but it was useless in my case. I was told the sender (in that case, Futureshop) had to deal with them, they didn't want to help me at all.

Same thing here. They told me to piss off. The new updated situation now is that I need to order and pay for a new game, and once their lost parcel investigation concludes in like 2-3 weeks they'll refund me the cost just in time for early november.

This is the second time they've fucked me on a preorder, they're 2 for 2 now.

Tagg9

My WiiU Pro Controller came this morning from The Source, their shipping is so slow that it took a week to get here! Packing is good though, not a cheap bubble bag!

Yeah, mine is still in the "Processing" stage at the Source. Makes Future Shop / Best Buy look actually competent.

kasane

i know tivs has values for games but are they updated?

also do you have to pay tax when you use that trade in offer?

i dont really trade games but this time i might

TimeKillr

How good is Best Buy when it comes to E3 deals and games being cheaper than they thought they would be?

I pre-ordered Captain Toad during the E3 deal when they said it was 65$ - on my cart it says I'm paying 45 for it.

Now since the game's been announced as being 40$ in the states (which will probably mean 45 here for Nintendo games), what's gonna happen to the rebate on the game? Are they going to readjust it?

zroid

Banned
How good is Best Buy when it comes to E3 deals and games being cheaper than they thought they would be?

I pre-ordered Captain Toad during the E3 deal when they said it was 65$ - on my cart it says I'm paying 45 for it.

Now since the game's been announced as being 40$ in the states (which will probably mean 45 here for Nintendo games), what's gonna happen to the rebate on the game? Are they going to readjust it?

They will not adjust the discount. You'll pay whatever the lower price is between the E3 price or the MSRP.

Takuan

Experience tells me no. Amazon, however, will adjust the price for you automatically, so you get the lowest price in between the date of your order and the date of shipping.

So, +1 Amazon, but -1 for their "qualifies for release date shipping" nonsense.

mr_ectomy

Neo Member
Heads up guys!

Using promo code DUAL420 at BestBuy.ca will net you $20 off Dualshock 4 controllers (or PS4 camera). If you're still hurt like me that you couldn't score any at Staples, this might ease the pain a little.
Also, promo code PSHST40 will net you $40 off Gold Wireless Stereo Headsets.

How do you cancel an order now on the new ebgames.ca website? Am I forced to call customer service and do it that way?

Or am I missing some well hidden button on the order page?

Anth0ny

I have Captain Toad sitting at $45.49 with the E3 discount.

Are those mother fuckers going to lower it to $44.99? THEY BETTER.

iphys

Not sure if others noticed yet, but Amazon.ca dropped another $2 off the Smash GameCube controller and adapter prices, so currently $33 and $23 respectively.

Heads up guys!

Using promo code DUAL420 at BestBuy.ca will net you $20 off Dualshock 4 controllers (or PS4 camera). If you're still hurt like me that you couldn't score any at Staples, this might ease the pain a little.

Fuck, while I love my Golds, this is like the 8th time this year these things have been $60. I really need to wait to buy things sometimes.

Heads up guys!

haha what the fuck the Gold Wireless Headset is on sale AGAIN?

At this point I still want to get one for my PS4 and PS3 but I actually feel safe knowing that I can probably wait until late November and it'll be on sale AGAIN for $50-60.

Anth0ny

Not sure if others noticed yet, but Amazon.ca dropped another $2 off the Smash GameCube controller and adapter prices, so currently $33 and $23 respectively.

I think I'm just going to head out to a midnight release and grab the $99 bundle with the game, controller and adapter.

There's no way I can cancel my $46 E3 pre-order of Smash U without cancelling the other game I ordered with it, right? meh.

I'm thinking about just trading my three games (worth $20, $22 and $9 EB TIV as of late last week) into EB with the 30% bump since I can't get the trade 3 for $70.

It sucks that I'm just a dollar short on the one.

espher

Getting real tired of playing the pricing merry-go-round w/ these pre-orders, ugh.

Got screwed on the shipping from BB (they only for the one product they didn't yet ship, so that's a small victory), and have played the pricing game with Future Shop twice to an unsatisfactory resolution (returned the product in store both times). Just going to call this time and say "will you extend the equivalent 30% discount to the new MSRP; if not, remove the item from my order" rather than get bounced around with "maybes" and "let me forward this to group x".

Lexxism

Yup. Which means there is actually a savings now buying this instead of them all seperate.
Even if you have a e3 preorder.

Yeah, just checked the price. I wonder if they will change or not. I checked my amazon pre-order. I think I'll be able to save $8 after tax if I will just buy it separately though I don't know if I really need this game :/

I guess it goes without saying it includes the adapter as well, right?

It does. The packaging is pretty much the same in the US. So, yeah, it does come with adapter as well

It does. The packaging is pretty much the same in the US. So, yeah, it does come with adapter as well
Yeah, totally going to cancel my Best Buy E3 preorder and go to EB now. Thanks.

I think I'm just going to head out to a midnight release and grab the $99 bundle with the game, controller and adapter.

There's no way I can cancel my $46 E3 pre-order of Smash U without cancelling the other game I ordered with it, right? meh.
Even if they require you to keep your order you can just return it to your closest Best Buy for a full refund.

Sealtest

Yeah, just checked the price. I wonder if they will change or not. I checked my amazon pre-order. I think I'll be able to save $8 after tax if I will just buy it separately though I don't know if I really need this game :/
l
Oh yeah if u got in on the crazy amazon e3 deal this bundle doesnt save you anything

RE_Player

I wish I could go into my local EB to use these deals but I had a fight with the manager a couple years ago and never went back in. On a random day I went to a separate EB and there he was... apparently he manages a couple of them.

Takuan

Dammit Amazon, what's the holdup with NBA2K15? Shit's been in "preparing for shipment" status the whole damn day. Might have to drop by Target later so I can (hopefully) play tonight.

Maybe they'll have cameras in stock.

diaspora

I wish I could go into my local EB to use these deals but I had a fight with the manager a couple years ago and never went back in. On a random day I went to a separate EB and there he was... apparently he manages a couple of them.

How does one get into a fight that bad with an EB manager unless you knew him personally?

Top Bottom