• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

khaaan

Speaking of The Source, anyone get their orders yet from that $20 off deal last week? I chose the deliver to store option and the status is still preparing order. Seems kinda weird that it hasn't shipped yet. It's the first time I've ever purchased anything from their website.

Nope. I got in-store pickup and I haven't heard anything this week. I actually went down to a store just to ask them how long it usually takes and the woman at the counter told me that up to two weeks isn't unheard of for them but if it doesn't come by mid next-week I should come back and they'd figure something out.

espher

> BB shows ship date as Oct 1, expected delivery Oct 3 - get hyped
> Check Thursday morning before work, expected delivery Oct 06
> Check Thursday after work, no change, expected delivery Oct 07
> Check Friday afternoon before leaving work, no change, expected delivery Oct 08
> Go to Walmart, buy copy so I can play Mon/Tue (won't really get a chance to before then), plan on returning BB copy, crack open game, do some stuff before leaving
> Get home today, open tracking info, see info added from Friday morning, expected delivery Oct 06. :|

Oh you guys.~

But seriously, I hate Friday release dates now because it always means I have to wait a week before I get a weekend to play or have to deal with double-dip-and-return shenanigans. :(

Nope. I got in-store pickup and I haven't heard anything this week. I actually went down to a store just to ask them how long it usually takes and the woman at the counter told me that up to two weeks isn't unheard of for them but if it doesn't come by mid next-week I should come back and they'd figure something out.

Hmm...Makes me wonder if pre-ordering from them during the deal was a good idea or not.

Looks like I can price match my E3 Amazon preorder for Alien Isolation at Target. Didn't know they price matched Amazon Canada but it's on their website in the PM policy as one of the retailers they PM. No 10% of the difference or anything special like that like Future Shop tho.

$55.24 minus the $10 gift card I got for Shadow of Mordor (PM my E3 preorder for that too so I got it for $48.99 plus that gift card) making it only $45.24 for the PS4 version, and they confirmed all the launch copies they are getting will be Nostromo Editions since they don't do preorders.

Woohoo!

Still skeptical of the cheating Alien AI and the manual save points making for trial and error rinse and repeat gameplay.

Returners

Looks like I can price match my E3 Amazon preorder for Alien Isolation at Target. Didn't know they price matched Amazon Canada but it's on their website in the PM policy as one of the retailers they PM. No 10% of the difference or anything special like that like Future Shop tho.

$55.24 minus the $10 gift card I got for Shadow of Mordor (PM my E3 preorder for that too so I got it for $48.99 plus that gift card) making it only $45.24 for the PS4 version, and they confirmed all the launch copies they are getting will be Nostromo Editions since they don't do preorders.

Woohoo!

Still skeptical of the cheating Alien AI and the manual save points making for trial and error rinse and repeat gameplay.

They don't tack on shipping like Bestbuy / Futureshop does? Interesting.

I might just do that because it's so YMMV at BB/FS.

Ondore

Speaking of The Source, anyone get their orders yet from that $20 off deal last week? I chose the deliver to store option and the status is still preparing order. Seems kinda weird that it hasn't shipped yet. It's the first time I've ever purchased anything from their website.

Missed this - I got mine on Friday. Delivered to Halifax.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Amazon has free shipping, FS and BB will only add shipping if there is a cost, Target does the same.
FS/BB will try to add shipping costs to Amazon.ca price-matches because the free option isn't next-day delivery. Some CS reps try harder than others.

Lexxism

Sometimes FS/BB are laughable the way they handle their PM policy. Tried to PM thesource price and it happened the nearest store was currently out of stock. They checked and call the next 2 stores to see if there's any stocks (and it was on stock) and they used BS reason like they can't PM a game if it is not in stock with the nearest store.

Takuan

I'm still waiting for movement on the order, had it shipped to my home address and haven't gotten any notifications since. They're taking their sweet ass time.

Magnus

I'm really really regretting trading SM3DW and DKC:TF away for Destiny. Looking for great deals this fall to nab them both back for cheap.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sometimes FS/BB are laughable the way they handle their PM policy. Tried to PM thesource price and it happened the nearest store was currently out of stock. They checked and call the next 2 stores to see if there's any stocks (and it was on stock) and they used BS reason like they can't PM a game if it is not in stock with the nearest store.
From the stories in this thread, it sounds like such a nightmare and inconsistent that I don't even bother.

I'm really really regretting trading SM3DW and DKC:TF away for Destiny. Looking for great deals this fall to nab them both back for cheap.

Good god that wasn't a wise idea at all. If anything you should have kept them and held off on Destiny until around Boxing Day.

Yeah BB/FS's PM policy is in the realm of YMMV in that it depends on if the guy/girl working there decides to give a shit or not.

I PM'd Destiny at BB to get it down to the past usual $59.99 price and the guy at the counter said he had to find out where VGP (the place I was PMing) got their stock from. I just stood there and in my head saying "Well... What?"

Sora_N

I rarely ever get a CSR that calls stores and stuff, but I haven't had any difficult PMs, usually flyer or website match lol.

I love Destiny but this trade is just too bad, man!
You will eventually be able to buy them back for ~$70 both, but you need to keep an eye cause they rarely go on sale! Haven't bought DK yet because I'm waiting for a good deal and it's kinda rare to happen!

From the stories in this thread, it sounds like such a nightmare and inconsistent that I don't even bother.

Same here, I've seen enough BS from them that I don't bother anymore!

DaBoss

Yea, PMing games has mostly been unsuccessful for me. I think I've only gotten 4 games price matched. The worst part is games are really the only ones that have them being so strict about price matching.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just noticed that Canadian currency is coming to Steam on the 7th. I wonder if the prices will be jacked up and if we'll have to start paying taxes.

ElNino

My Pro controller from The Source was delivered last week. I'm pretty sure it came Tuesday along with Horizon 2 (from BB).

Strange. Neither my Alien Isolation ordered from Bestbuy during this year's E3 or my Driveclub ordered from Futureshop (E3 2013) have shipped. Usually I get a shipping notification by Sunday evening at the latest. I wonder if something is up with their shipping operations this week? (given that they're the same company)

Anyone else notice this with this week's orders?

djblue89

Strange. Neither my Alien Isolation ordered from Bestbuy during this year's E3 or my Driveclub ordered from Futureshop (E3 2013) have shipped. Usually I get a shipping notification by Sunday evening at the latest. I wonder if something is up with their shipping operations this week? (given that they're the same company)

My NBA 2k15 from BestBuy shipped this morning, but my pre-order for NBA from Amazon won't ship until after release.

Got my CC updated for my Smash order and it still hasn't been charged or shipped. Granted I changed it Thursday night, but I would've expected something by now.

No sir, my smash 3ds arrived on time Friday, from BB!

And now waiting for drive club to ship, though from amzn. (Preparing to ship it says, free ship option).

I have a copy of Alien: Isolation for Xbox One on its way from amazon that I no longer need. I was charged ~$35 for it (dat e3 discount). I've tried cancelling the order but it looks like its too late.

If a Canadian GAFer wants to paypal me $40 to cover the cost of postage + the game, Ill happily send it your way once it arrives. Just shoot me a PM and we can work it out.

djblue89

I have a copy of Alien: Isolation for Xbox One on its way from amazon that I no longer need. I was charged ~$35 for it (dat e3 discount). I've tried cancelling the order but it looks like its too late.

If a Canadian GAFer wants to paypal me $40 to cover the cost of postage + the game, Ill happily send it your way once it arrives. Just shoot me a PM and we can work it out.

If only this was the PS4 version....

simpleton

Wonder if the PC version of Doom BFG is Steam activated, I might go get it but not even sure if the Gas is worth it.

According to others on rfd it is steam. I just wanted the 360 version as I collect for that system.

Looks like the 360 version is sold out on bestbuy and futureshop already. Didn't take long.

So, Best Buy decided to ship my Project Spark, with their E3 preorder price of 48.99. Of course, the game is actually 39.99.

Not sure if any of you are catching that.

Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut is 4 bucks on Green Man Gaming

There's a 20% off offer code

VBHGBM-JS2VN9-0J5OFM

Deal expires tomorrow

zroid

Banned
So, Best Buy decided to ship my Project Spark, with their E3 preorder price of 48.99. Of course, the game is actually 39.99.

Not sure if any of you are catching that.

I think they might refund you the difference. Check the digital receipt and see if it says something different, and if not keep an eye on your credit card transactions. Just speculation on my part, but that seems to be how Best Buy and Future Shop handle price changes after the fact.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I'm having issues sending PMs, but I'm interested. :D

I think they might refund you the difference. Check the digital receipt and see if it says something different, and if not keep an eye on your credit card transactions. Just speculation on my part, but that seems to be how Best Buy and Future Shop handle price changes after the fact.
Nope, receipt right now shows that price.

Takuan

My NBA 2k15 from BestBuy shipped this morning, but my pre-order for NBA from Amazon won't ship until after release.

Your post made me check the status of my order and interestingly enough it's not projected to ship until 10/15. A week after release. Amazon, you so crazy.

In a way this is a blessing in disguise, since any fuckery will be exposed this week when people start playing.

Top Bottom