• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Dr.brain64

Alright CanGAF, I just want to make sure I am not missing any of these amiibos.

I'm checking now on amazon.ca and I see:

PIT
LUIGI
LITTLE MAC
DIDDY KONG
CAPTAIN FALCON
ZELDA

have been recently added. So that brings the total to 18 right? OMG my wallet!!

Will shoppers stock the Playstation TV?

They will eventually have it but nobody knows when, it might be release day or even before and it might also take them months to get it!

Speaking of PS TV, any idea how to get it for less than full price?
BB isn't even taking preorders anymore!

Sealtest

They will eventually have it but nobody knows when, it might be release day or even before and it might also take them months to get it!

Speaking of PS TV, any idea how to get it for less than full price?
BB isn't even taking preorders anymore!

Last time i saw it for anything less then $99 was on amazon when a good chunk of electronics were $10 cheaper.

Luckily for me since amazon screwed up my call of duty preorder they're giving me mine for $69.99 ( Since i now have 2 pay full price if I wanted it first week. )

MARNEY

Heads up guys!

Using promo code DUAL420 at BestBuy.ca will net you $20 off Dualshock 4 controllers (or PS4 camera). If you're still hurt like me that you couldn't score any at Staples, this might ease the pain a little.
Also, promo code PSHST40 will net you $40 off Gold Wireless Stereo Headsets.
Thank you. Bought a blue & a white ds4.
& the promo code works for in store pick up too.

For all the crap Amazon, rightfully, gets about shipping I love how their price protection works.

Alien dropped to $45.49 sometime (XB1 version) after I ordered it as part of the E3 sale and Amazon still applied the E3 discount to it making the total (with 15% tax in) $35.04.

daevv

Heads up guys!

Using promo code DUAL420 at BestBuy.ca will net you $20 off Dualshock 4 controllers (or PS4 camera). If you're still hurt like me that you couldn't score any at Staples, this might ease the pain a little.
Also, promo code PSHST40 will net you $40 off Gold Wireless Stereo Headsets.

I snagged a white one last night! Reminds me of Portal 2. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: White is sold out now, Blue is down to 3 left. :)

iphys

Hmm, just got a $20 RZ certificate I didn't think I was close to and still have 349 points in my account, so I think I must have got 800 RZ points for my 2011 order of Smash Bros. It was so long ago I totally didn't remember that we were going to get these, but that probably makes sense.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My PS4 shipped early, wooo! :D

They updated the date from Oct 20 to Oct 14, but now it's getting here tomorrow.

Wish there were some decent sales for PS+ and maybe Garden Warfare at least right now D; Now that my E3 pre-orders ran out, seeing $70 games everywhere is making me apprehensive to even get a game to play x_x

iLLmAtlc

They updated the date from Oct 20 to Oct 14, but now it's getting here tomorrow.

Wish there were some decent sales for PS+ and maybe Garden Warfare at least right now D; Now that my E3 pre-orders ran out, seeing $70 games everywhere is making me apprehensive to even get a game to play x_x

Killzone Shadow Fall's on sale right now for 20 at FS and Amazon. Willing to give it a shot at 20.

Takuan

I'm shopping for a new TV and this one day sale at Futureshop has this Sony 48" model for $629.99

How is it for gaming? Anyone have experience with Sony LCD TV's?

31ms according to displaylag.com, which if faster than my 55" HX850 (42ms). I don't notice lag at all, not even for fighters, but I'm not good enough at fighters that I'd notice.

Arzehn

Best buy has a PS4+Driveclub+TLOU for $450 starting tomorrow, not sure if Future Shop will do the same.

GIZhWgx.jpg

WARNING: shipping discussion, feel free to ignore

I can't believe pre-ordering with Amazon.ca could get this bad. So I finally received my copy of Theatrhythm: Curtain Call today. All it took was three weeks of waiting. One Amazon rep told me the product was out of stock and who knows when they'd get more. Then another Amazon rep said yes, that second Theatrhythm Curtain Call SKU you found on our site is actually the same, so I can switch you to that one. Then a THIRD Amazon rep said we removed the E3 promo on the replacement item because that promo is so over dawg, but because you've been such a great customer we'll make a one-time exception and put the discount back on, and oh by the way what was the discount supposed to be again.

So today I get my copy of Theatrhythm Curtain Call and unlike the pre-order version, which is supposed to come with a music CD, this version comes with diddly squat. So after three weeks and three Amazon reps, I still don't have the product I pre-ordered back in June. It's like fuckin' amateur hour in North Korea e-commerce over there.

I put in one last request to salvage something out of this idiocy, but I'm so tired of dealing with this. And worse, the Future Shop $10 off sale is over so I can't get the LE from them for $34.99 either.

Theatrhythm better be the best fucking game ever. What a nightmare.

EDIT: though I guess the limited edition bonus CD is only five tracks so I guess whatever.

Sealtest

amazon has gotten so bad within the last 2 years.

Screwing people over, delaying orders or not sending them at all..

Hell I don't even have an estimated delivery date for my Bayonetta 2 guide and Bayonetta bloody fate blu-ray that comes out this month.

lupinko

I posted this in the Pokemon thread too, but ORAS is still coming out on the 21st on eshop at least. I don't know about retail since the fear over the delay due to broken XY street dates last year.

DJ_Lae

I order enough stuff from them and gift enough items to make Prime worthwhile, although there is still the occasional shipping delay so it must be a product/warehouse thing at times. Xillia 2, for example, was delayed a few days. Other games have come on release day, and movies almost always arrive the night before.

I also didn't realize Curtain Call was $35 at Future Shop recently. I just bought it last week and paid the full $45...although I had to visit two different locations before I actually got one with the bonus CD. And in hindsight...not really worth the effort, the CD is garbage.

diaspora

I posted this in the Pokemon thread too, but ORAS is still coming out on the 21st on eshop at least. I don't know about retail since the fear over the delay due to broken XY street dates last year.

Bestbuy's ORAS date for my pre-order is the 21st too.

SickBoy

I like Amazon in general, but for preorder games it seems like the worst. I've never had any notable issues with ordering other items from them

Ondore

Thanks to Amazon, I now have part of my Alpha Sapphire trade bait in the form of the Sonic Booms. I sure hope whatever trade deals are out there work for the eShop version (looking at you EB) so I can skip that step.

---

So I grabbed the Bayo 2 demo and of course, that brought the news that we're paying $55 for Bayo 2 out of the gate.

eShop view:

So be prepared to call Nintendo and get your $5 back, unless Bayo 1 ends up $4.99 after the discount. Or, y'know, $14.99.

Qwyjibo

Mine was bumped up to Oct. 16 as well. It seems like we're the last batch of these orders before they fixed the pricing error.

stolin

amazon has gotten so bad within the last 2 years.Screwing people over, delaying orders or not sending them at all..
I like Amazon in general, but for preorder games it seems like the worst.

Yup,
I just contacted them about my Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor E3 pre-order which still hasn't shipped.... there's another 5-6 games releasing this month on that E3 pre-order.

Hello from Amazon.ca, I'm so sorry, the released items has not yet shipped. I can confirm the below items are released and we've stock of the items:
I can confirm that we still expect to ship your order in time to be delivered to you by October 16​

Cynar

Any idea when the next spend your points event is going on at shoppers drug mart? I have enough for a vita or I could put them towards a Wii U.

jzbluz

Any idea when the next spend your points event is going on at shoppers drug mart? I have enough for a vita or I could put them towards a Wii U.

Hahaha, good luck finding a vita. Anyway, I've read that bonus redemptions happens every 3 months so the next one is probably December.

XBP

WARNING: shipping discussion, feel free to ignore

I can't believe pre-ordering with Amazon.ca could get this bad. So I finally received my copy of Theatrhythm: Curtain Call today. All it took was three weeks of waiting. One Amazon rep told me the product was out of stock and who knows when they'd get more. Then another Amazon rep said yes, that second Theatrhythm Curtain Call SKU you found on our site is actually the same, so I can switch you to that one. Then a THIRD Amazon rep said we removed the E3 promo on the replacement item because that promo is so over dawg, but because you've been such a great customer we'll make a one-time exception and put the discount back on, and oh by the way what was the discount supposed to be again.

So today I get my copy of Theatrhythm Curtain Call and unlike the pre-order version, which is supposed to come with a music CD, this version comes with diddly squat. So after three weeks and three Amazon reps, I still don't have the product I pre-ordered back in June. It's like fuckin' amateur hour in North Korea e-commerce over there.

I put in one last request to salvage something out of this idiocy, but I'm so tired of dealing with this. And worse, the Future Shop $10 off sale is over so I can't get the LE from them for $34.99 either.

Theatrhythm better be the best fucking game ever. What a nightmare.

EDIT: though I guess the limited edition bonus CD is only five tracks so I guess whatever.

Tell them you got the wrong version and they'll refund 20-30% of the game's cost. I did the same with MGS legacy edition and got back 25%.

Sealtest

Heads up, Best Buy Canada added the wave one amiibos to their site.

Well it now makes me wonder.. Do i trust futureshop/best buy to get me mine on at all/on launch or trust amazon.

Does futureshop exchange an item if it comes damaged? I have no plans on opening these and would love prestine condition.

Tell them you got the wrong version and they'll refund 20-30% of the game's cost. I did the same with MGS legacy edition and got back 25%.

That's what I ended up doing. They also offered to replace it with a version that had the CD, but given how long it's taken for them to get new stock of that version, there was a distinct possibility that I might never see a limited edition copy from them. Whatever, at least it's over, and in the end I did get a pretty sweet price on the game.

Top Bottom