• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Yasumi

Banned
Found a $150 WiiU at Target, bought it, realized I'd probably only get Bayonetta 2 and maybe Smash, and returned it. Slight twinge of regret, but there's just not enough third party on that thing to keep me satisfied.

maneil99

Found a $150 WiiU at Target, bought it, realized I'd probably only get Bayonetta 2 and maybe Smash, and returned it. Slight twinge of regret, but there's just not enough third party on that thing to keep me satisfied.

Same thing for me pretty much. Bought one with MK8, Donkey Kong, 3DWorld, Windwaker and NSMB. Played it with a friend for a day and sold it the next day.

whitehawk

Banned
How?!?! I'd buy one at $150 in a heartbeat.

whitehawk

Banned
They were Nintendoland bundles marked for clearnance. Next time I went past there, the shelf was empty. Windsor btw.
God damn. That's incredibly good considering the refurbished systems are going for $200 online. $150 new is a steal.

edit: Just found out that this was a clearance at a whole bunch of Targets. I missed the deal by a day or two. dammit.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know where I can get a Y Cable for a portable HDD to work for the Wii U? I want to go digital only going forward. I was going to pick up this HDD from Best Buy since it's 1.5TB for $89.99 (on sale till Oct 16th btw).

The only Y Cable I found was on Amazon for $4.95, but with shipping it's like $14. I'm wondering if I'd be able to find it in store anywhere.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Does anyone know where I can get a Y Cable for a portable HDD to work for the Wii U? I want to go digital only going forward. I was going to pick up this HDD from Best Buy since it's 1.5TB for $89.99 (on sale till Oct 16th btw).

The only Y Cable I found was on Amazon for $4.95, but with shipping it's like $14. I'm wondering if I'd be able to find it in store anywhere.
Just go to any electronics store. Some hard drives come with Y cables so double check first.

Big Chungus

Smash Bros 3DS still hasn't shipped from Futureshop...

I called their customer service and they said they would contact their head office to see what was up and would get back to me in 3 days.

Anyone else have this problem?

Magnus

Same thing for me pretty much. Bought one with MK8, Donkey Kong, 3DWorld, Windwaker and NSMB. Played it with a friend for a day and sold it the next day.

Damn. That killer library is worth grabbing the system at full price, nevermind $150.

I'm still huggin my Wii U.

HeelPower

I really want to get a Desktop PC for under $ 1000 that's better than the next gen consoles...

I am STRUGGLING to find any decent deals after scouring the net for days.

It looks you need something like $1300(including taxes) to get anything remotely decent.

Can you guys point me to the right direction ? Everyone says you can destroy the PS4/XB1 with 700$...I find that impossible.

Or is the Canadian market simply more expensive ?

gogoud

If you build it. Then yeah. Buy one premade... Nope. They add ontop of what's there. Charge you for software.

Just build it. They made building computers so much easier than in the 90s. Everything is colour coded and labeled. Only a blind person would screw up.

trifelife

I really want to get a Desktop PC for under $ 1000 that's better than the next gen consoles...

It looks you need something like $1300(including taxes) to get anything remotely decent.

Can you guys point me to the right direction ? Everyone says you can destroy the PS4/XB1 with 700$...I find that impossible.

To meet a budget you really need to watch PC Parts Picker and buy your parts here and there when they're cheap.

RS4-

Buy something recent, but not current. Like previous Intel chips. If you're looking around 1k - 1300, mark 150 -350 for a GPU. You can probably find a 6 or 7 series GTX for sub 250.

You can always luck out on Kijiji and RFD (lol) as well. And there's always the chance you can salvage stuff from your current PC if you have one. HDDs and PSU for the most part.

I bought this one http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007ZYVYE0/ Shipping is .99 but it took 2 weeks to get it

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody in here ever ordered a game on Origin in India?

I've done in in the past for Watch_Dogs and Dragon Age but it was in Mexico and I could use Paypal. Now when I try to pre-order Farcry 4 from India the only payment option available is Credit Card and I'm a bit nervous buying something over there using my CC with a proxy.

Apathy

Show us what you're looking at and we might be able to help out a bit more with recommendations

i-Jest

Smash Bros 3DS still hasn't shipped from Futureshop...

I called their customer service and they said they would contact their head office to see what was up and would get back to me in 3 days.

Anyone else have this problem?

No. That's terrible though. A await like that deserves an explanation. Your credit card hasn't been charged yet right?

Stage On

Judging by the posts on the previous page, I should probably wait for Black Friday to pick up XBL Gold, correct?

I don't know, I'm thinking of picking up a 13 month card that's $40 right now on Cdkeys after you use the 5% off coupon you get for liking their facebook page. They usually don't get much cheaper then that do they?

ohlawd

I don't know, I'm thinking of picking up a 13 month card that's $40 right now on Cdkeys after you use the 5% off coupon you get for liking their facebook page. They usually don't get much cheaper then that do they?

hoping for 30 bucks like PS+ was from last year's BF.

Nibiru

Banned

This sounds ridiculous to me.

Stage On

hoping for 30 bucks like PS+ was from last year's BF.

PS+ normal price is $49.99 where Xbox Gold is $59.99 so it makes since that when the base price is already lower to start with that the sale price would be lower as well.

For researching it looks like Gold was about $39 last year for black Friday, at least in the states anyhow.

ohlawd

PS+ normal price is $49.99 where Xbox Gold is $59.99 so it makes since that when the base price is already lower to start with that the sale price would be lower as well.

For researching it looks like Gold was about $39 last year for black Friday, at least in the states anyhow.

I see. My bad.

Go for it then since what you say makes sense. Yeah, all about the US since they can just email the code and we don't get shit here.

Who know though. My Live isn't running out until next June so I'm gonna wait for Black Friday and see if we can get it cheaper than 40.

Apathy

That is a crazy good deal. Easily an instant buy if I ever saw that.

QaaQer

If anyone is interested in a new tv for gaming, the Sony 42" w700b is on sale at Best Buy this weekend, Sony Store also because they price match. The 700s use the same panel and innards as the w800 but they removed the 120hz option. It also has best in class input lag, so for 1080p 60hz gaming, it's a really good deal @ $599 (reg. $799). I bought one yesterday and like it so far.

zroid

Banned
Best Buy online only sale starting at 5pm ET

UkG7vlt.png

i-Jest

It says charged on my orders page.

Are there any signs of a replenished stock? If they have no stock then I can understand the wait. If they have stock and haven't sent you the game past a certain point then it's time to kick some doors down. Call them, continuously if you have to, and email them to clear this up.

Banned

I just built a mock one for you on newegg.ca with Ontario taxes and shipping for $1072. If you pick it up yourself in mississauga you save on shipping and it goes down to $1050. But I didnt include a mouse, keyboard, mousepad or software like windows. It's $912 without taxes so if you're outside Ontario just add the tax rate.

I emailed the order to myself so if you give me an email address I can send it to you.

Quadratic

If anyone is interested in a new tv for gaming, the Sony 42" w700b is on sale at Best Buy this weekend, Sony Store also because they price match. The 700s use the same panel and innards as the w800 but they removed the 120hz option. It also has best in class input lag, so for 1080p 60hz gaming, it's a really good deal @ $599 (reg. $799). I bought one yesterday and like it so far.

I just got the 48" W600B on Friday. I wonder what the differences are. Even if it's a smaller screen if the gaming features are better I might return and get get this one instead.

SSReborn

I really am contemplating buying a Wii-U. I was wondering if you guys think however that it would be best to wait till Black Friday to make such an endeavor. I wouldn't mind getting it for a discounted price. The only discount now I can get is 10% from my workplace, I'm sure however there will be better deals come then right?

Anyone here subscribe to NHL game centre?

I've heard of the whole $75/year if it thinks you're in Russia trick, so I'm intrigued, but is there an easy way to trick a PS4 or XB1 into thinking you're in a different market? I'd only go for it if I can avoid regional blackouts.

I really am contemplating buying a Wii-U. I was wondering if you guys think however that it would be best to wait till Black Friday to make such an endeavor. I wouldn't mind getting it for a discounted price. The only discount now I can get is 10% from my workplace, I'm sure however there will be better deals come then right?

Unless you have something you want to play right this instant, I would wait. That 10% discount will always be around, after all. The Wii U isn't selling so poorly that Nintendo will sweep it under the rug (hello Vita) but not nearly well enough to get through Black Friday without some sort of discount.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here subscribe to NHL game centre?

I've heard of the whole $75/year if it thinks you're in Russia trick, so I'm intrigued, but is there an easy way to trick a PS4 or XB1 into thinking you're in a different market? I'd only go for it if I can avoid regional blackouts.
If you're with Rogers, use their free offer to get it til Jan 1. Otherwise, fuck them. Get Hockeystreams instead.

speiky

Once the new Zelda game releases, that slights twinge will turn into something bigger. :|

Top Bottom