• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

xanavi

WARNING: shipping discussion, feel free to ignore

Man, my copy of theatrhythm hasn't shipped from them either. I suspect I'm in the exact same position you were in. You think I should just give up on it and go with the other SKU? Did they make it seem like they were never going to get anymore stock of the CD edition? What a pain in the ass.

Vibranium

Banned
According to RFD Wii-U deluxe's at target for $149.99

It seems like it was only at certain stores, I haven't seen anything about it happening on the west coast in the thread either.

I may check out Target tomorrow but my guess is they won't have it (but they should!).

mamoui

It seems to be a price error on the gold wireless at best but. The 40$ rabate applied twice. It makes it 20$
Édit: OK mot anymore. I hope my store pick up will go through

It seems to be a price error on the gold wireless at best but. The 40$ rabate applied twice. It makes it 20$
Édit: OK mot anymore. I hope my store pick up will go through

Seems that Bestbuy is actually having a sale on these headsets ($40 off), but the promo code still works. I just tried it and got it for around $20.

Heads up guys!

Using promo code DUAL420 at BestBuy.ca will net you $20 off Dualshock 4 controllers (or PS4 camera). If you're still hurt like me that you couldn't score any at Staples, this might ease the pain a little.
Also, promo code PSHST40 will net you $40 off Gold Wireless Stereo Headsets.

Just in case people need it. I didn't notice any ds4 on sale sadly.

Just got my confirmation mail from Bestbuy. $22.59 tax included. They may have realized this was possible and fixed it if you can't reserve it anymore.

*Edited for clarity.

Grimsen

Also got my email confirmation form best buy.

We'll see if they honor it tonight. If they do, I'll be less wary of my kids breaking my current gold headset. :D

khaaan

Aw man, I bought them for $60 earlier this week. I'm completely happy with them but it would have been awesome to get them for $20 =(

SickBoy

They locked that down in a hurry :)

I preordered one and got a cancellation from a store that won't be open for more than an hour yet. Now, reservations don't work at all.

Not a huge deal - don't need one, but would've been nice.

DJ_Lae

Where's the best place to buy PC parts in Vancouver? Shopping for a new graphics card.

Not sure where it's located but you've got NCIX there. I've only ever purchased from them online but they're still one of my favourites.

I'd still make most of my orders from them if there weren't a Memory Express nearby.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto-Raptors-vs-Boston-Celtics.jpg

GAF, my dad bought tickets for the Toronto Raptors game today but won't be able to make it. I'm selling them last minute for $50. I don't have a hard copy but I'm physically located in Vancouver, so there's no way anybody else but you could use them. PM if you're interested.

Where's the best place to buy PC parts in Vancouver? Shopping for a new graphics card.

NCIX or Memory Express in Richmond

Man, my copy of theatrhythm hasn't shipped from them either. I suspect I'm in the exact same position you were in. You think I should just give up on it and go with the other SKU? Did they make it seem like they were never going to get anymore stock of the CD edition? What a pain in the ass.

I wouldn't say never, necessarily; when I spoke to them initially they said they were surprised at how fast it sold out and they were working to get more copies as soon as possible. That said, it may have been a canned reply, and the evidence I saw suggests they don't know when they will get extra copies, if ever.

How much do you care about the extra CD, given that it's only five tracks and remixes at that? If you do care, consider buying the LE elsewhere with a good return policy and trying to wait Amazon out. If you'd rather just be done with the whole mess like me, take whatever additional discount you can get and call it a day.

Anyone got information if we're getting the LBP 3 Plushie edition in Canada?

Doesn't seem like it :(
I was checking the other day and even though Amazon.com have the plushie, crappy Amazon.ca doesn't have it!
Honestly I've been waiting for a CE like LBP2 cause if there is no physical CE I'm buying it digitally especially with the current Spend $100 get $15 back on PSN!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

ca.pcpartpicker.com will give you the cheapest prices as well as price history. Browse through there.

I know CanadaComputers has a sale on the 700 series. Not sure if its the cheapest though, saw it last night.

Returners

Doesn't seem like it :(
I was checking the other day and even though Amazon.com have the plushie, crappy Amazon.ca doesn't have it!
Honestly I've been waiting for a CE like LBP2 cause if there is no physical CE I'm buying it digitally especially with the current Spend $100 get $15 back on PSN!

Yeah it's pretty shitty. I tweeted to retailers and to playstation Canada so hopefully we'll hear something.

SickBoy

Wow. I got really lucky with that Gold headset deal. I reserved at a local store and knowing the nature of these sorts of deals told my wife I was going to try to reserve one under her name at a different location.

My order went through, hers errored out at the checkout screen. A few minutes later I got an email saying my order couldn't be fulfilled. Figured that was the end of it. Flash forward to this afternoon, my wife has a confirmation email on her phone. Sweet. And really lucky.

Grimsen

Wow. I got really lucky with that Gold headset deal. I reserved at a local store and knowing the nature of these sorts of deals told my wife I was going to try to reserve one under her name at a different location.

My order went through, hers errored out at the checkout screen. A few minutes later I got an email saying my order couldn't be fulfilled. Figured that was the end of it. Flash forward to this afternoon, my wife has a confirmation email on her phone. Sweet. And really lucky.

Congrats!

I was also able to nab one, and two of my friends also (we all went to our local bestbuys). No hassle for two of us, but one had to argue a bit to get the price.

Unbelievable deal.

Congrats. I got mine as well. Using it right now actually. They caught on pretty quickly for this deal.

Returners

Do you have a US address? Or do they ship to Canada? And how much it costs? Thanks
Cause I tried Amazon.com a few days ago and they won't ship it to Canada!

I had it shipped directly to me from Gamestop. 14.99 US shipping.

Hmmm perhaps I should use GamesForCanada again, it's been a while since I've done anything through them.

EDIT: also because I'm sort of wishing that Playstation Canada could give me a definite answer.

Cynar

Hahaha, good luck finding a vita. Anyway, I've read that bonus redemptions happens every 3 months so the next one is probably December.
Got my vita. It's a pch 1001 as well. It had been sitting there a long time at this shoppers but since you said good luck getting one I decided to jump on it without the event anyway. Destiny works great with it! :D

Lexxism

Got my vita. It's a pch 1001 as well. It had been sitting there a long time at this shoppers but since you said good luck getting one I decided to jump on it without the event anyway. Destiny works great with it! :D

How much? I heard they are selling it for $100.

Top Bottom