• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

IndustryX

Ps4 available at westbrook Walmart in calgary along with some ps4 cameras! Just picked up the camera first time I've seen it since release.

Lexxism

There were quite a sale of PSV for $150 last February. Too bad you didn't visit this thread during that time.

does anyone know where to get a (wii/u) balance board for cheap?
i know that target had it on clearance a couple months back for like 20$, not that i'm expecting that since they were prob clearing out the old sku for the wiiu one

EBgames are selling used balance board for $20. If you are fine with used though.

Megasoum

Banned
Well I just walked in Futureshop on Ste-Catherine in Downtown Montreal with my boss and he walked out with a PS4. Looks like they had something like 10 in stock. First time I've ever seen one "in the wild" (I got mine from FS in the mail).

Got in the PS4 camp today with a price match at Target using the misprint from The Source ($399). Plus I got about $40 in Target gift cards so I lowered my cost to just a hair over $400. No Eco fee either. Now I got to hunt down a cheap copy of MGS V on Kijiji.

Well I just walked in Futureshop on Ste-Catherine in Downtown Montreal with my boss and he walked out with a PS4. Looks like they had something like 10 in stock. First time I've ever seen one "in the wild" (I got mine from FS in the mail).

futureshop.ca finally has some in stock now. that is the first time I've seen the Add to Cart button since launch.

saw my first ps4 in a store today since launch, at the target by my house. crazy that its so hard to find still

called my buddy as he has been trying to find one, he was calling them to put it aside until he got off work

Got in the PS4 camp today with a price match at Target using the misprint from The Source ($399). Plus I got about $40 in Target gift cards so I lowered my cost to just a hair over $400. No Eco fee either. Now I got to hunt down a cheap copy of MGS V on Kijiji.

How did you manage to price match today? I thought they have corrected the flyer's price.

Haines

Banned
Yup. PS4 is in stock at my location too. Too bad about that 50 dollar price hike, no way Im buying one for more than launch people did. No way.

ohlawd

Yup. PS4 is in stock at my location too. Too bad about that 50 dollar price hike, no way Im buying one for more than launch people did. No way.
should have bought one at launch, sucker!

yeah, paying fifty bucks more just because I decided to wait... that don't jive with me. And with the way its selling, we're a long way off any deals and stuff.

Haines

Banned
should have bought one at launch, sucker!

yeah, paying fifty bucks more just because I decided to wait... that don't jive with me. And with the way its selling, we're a long way off any deals and stuff.

I got an XBONE instead.

I actually saw a PS4 in store a month later but the GF said no, than she decided yes after we left, went back and gone lol. She will never live that down hehe especially now! :D

Hmmm.... not really an Elder Scrolls guy but...

I think this is what you've been waiting for and it's actually the best deal out there now :)
Saw this at my SDM!

LZY7Iy5.png

Yes a PS4 bundled with Knack for $449 which is not a bad way to make people pay the extra $50. Combine that with a 20X coupon or event and you got yourself some 160-200$ worth of points.

zroid

Banned
I think this is what you've been waiting for and it's actually the best deal out there now :)
Saw this at my SDM!

LZY7Iy5.png

Yes a PS4 bundled with Knack for $449 which is not a bad way to make people pay the extra $50. Combine that with a 20X coupon or event and you got yourself some 160-200$ worth of points.

Nice! Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to go scouting nearby stores to see if they're available. My plan was to drag one of my parents there some Thursday and bag the senior discount while redeeming my points.

I guess a free game is better than nothing, even though it's Knack. :lol

Saw this at my SDM!

LZY7Iy5.png

Oh nice. Probably the first official PS4 bundle. I'm guessing that's Canada only?

What happened to that inFamous bundle that was announced a while ago?

i-Jest

Saw this at my SDM!

LZY7Iy5.png

What location is this? It's rather annoying that different locations don't carry the same stock of electronics/games. Some don't carry electronics/games at all.

Oh nice. Probably the first official PS4 bundle. I'm guessing that's Canada only?

What happened to that inFamous bundle that was announced a while ago?

First PS4 bundle in Canada probably. If I remember correctly, Europe got a PS4 Vita bundle. Anyway, not sure if this justifies a price hike but Sony's got to do something before they lose ground to the Titan Fall bundle.

First PS4 bundle in Canada probably. If I remember correctly, Europe got a PS4 Vita bundle. Anyway, not sure if this justifies a price hike but Sony's got to do something before they lose ground to the Titan Fall bundle.

Yeah Europe did get quite few bundles already. I think that's the first I've seen in North America. As far as I know, that is Canada only to counter the price hike and the Titanfall bundle.

Shamefully, yes. I was prepared to be denied but the rep at Target did not bat an eye and proceeded to take the system out of the glass cabinet and price matched it for me. She didn't even call or wonder out loud if The Source would have stock or not. Pure luck. I also got a 8x $10 gift cards from a flash drive promotion that Target ran about a month ago so my net cost came to a hair over $370.

Passed off an incorrect flyer as legit?

Vibranium

Banned
Bundling PS4s with games seems like a good compromise for the price hike I guess, that's what I was hoping Sony Canada would do. If Microsoft keeps doing the bundle thing with the Xbox One maybe Sony will put different games with the PS4 too. I hope things get better for those of you who weren't early adopters.

koopas

Hey PS4's are in stock right now on BB and FS. I wonder if the $50 price hike has anything to do with it.
PS4s have been pretty much everywhere since about Wednesday. I think you're right in that they waited until the 50 dollar bump to supply canada ...

Sort of a weird question but has anyone had success in using best buy gift cards on fshops site?

You can use BB gift card on FS or vice versa. I haven't tried it yet in-store but some people were able to do it. I always do it online.

I've used the gift cards of both these companies at each other stores. Works online and in store, I've tried it. In store, some sales reps do not know that ot works but just ask them to swipe the card.

khaaan

Doesn't look like there's anything particularly exciting on the gaming end.

Rayman Legends Xbone - $30
COD Ghosts Prestige Edition - $100
Disney Infinity Randall - $7
Disney Infinity Syndrome - $7
Disney Infinity Villain Pack (Randall/Syndrome/Davy Jones) - $15

A handful of PS3 games also seem to be on sale but I think it's unrelated.

kennah

Wtb ambassador 3ds. Colour doesn't matter. I don't want to pay more than $100 shipped but could negotiate on ones that have more digital games installed.

i-Jest

Doesn't look like there's anything particularly exciting on the gaming end.

Rayman Legends Xbone - $30
COD Ghosts Prestige Edition - $100
Disney Infinity Randall - $7
Disney Infinity Syndrome - $7
Disney Infinity Villain Pack (Randall/Syndrome/Davy Jones) - $15

A handful of PS3 games also seem to be on sale but I think it's unrelated.

Yeah, It's really slim pickings this year in comparison to last year. WTF happened? I'm sure they'll have another this year. They had two of these sales last year so why not. I just hope the next one isn't such a bore.

Top Bottom