• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Madness

Two questions. Anyone know if Canada is getting the xbone temp price cut? And if so, if I ordered now off Amazon would I be able to price protect it if the sale started a week after?

Probably won't. The potential sales base is already so small, and unlike Sony, Microsoft had never raised the price of the Xbox One to offset the declining dollar. For example, $399 USD equals about $448 CAD, but we only paid the same even with the change in the dollar. $349 USD equals about $392 now.

Canadians actually have it pretty great compared to others. The UK equivalent of their 329£ Xbox One price is $595 Canadian, and Australia pays like $599 AUD which comes to $592 Canadian. Not that it really means anything. The US is just the most important games market, and the population is almost ten times that of Canada and our dollar is declining.

TimeKillr

Stupid Best Buy.. I guess it shows I shouldn't have ordered a PC game from them, but Civ: Beyond Earth is still out of stock there, no idea when they're actually gonna get stock, so...

Oneself

I know about goo gone (and related products) but I don't remove sticker gunk enough to justify getting something just for that. Lemon juice has worked pretty well for me. I might give olive oil a try though.

I've read so many weird stuff about removing stickers here,wow!

Windex works best!

Anyone have Sunset Overdrive preordered from any of th E3 deals?

Looking for a screenshot of your order so I can price match tomorrow at either Target or Future Shop.

Thanks!

I understand not getting the xbox price cut for the christmas shopping season, but what about Boxing Day?

Does anyone think there'll be a price cut there?

I understand not getting the xbox price cut for the christmas shopping season, but what about Boxing Day?

Does anyone think there'll be a price cut there?

That would purely be on a store by store basis. You can probably find one, but you're more likely to find an included game or year of live instead.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hmmm the sunset overdrive bundle comes out tomorrow.

There hasn't been a definitive answer on whether we are getting the $50 off the Done bundles.

zroid

Banned
5yr1GJk.png

Zeeman

Has anyone seen Azran Legacy anywhere? I was waiting for a sale, but no one online seems to even have stock of it anymore, never mind any sort of sale.

I'm also OCD about my games so I just swap cases. If I'm going to trade in a game I'll use an old case for it and keep the newer case for another game.

Anyone have Sunset Overdrive preordered from any of th E3 deals?

Looking for a screenshot of your order so I can price match tomorrow at either Target or Future Shop.

Thanks!

This is basically Photoshopping...

Megasoum

Banned
If anybody in here is buying the white XB1 Sunset Overdrive bundle and doesn't want the game I might be interested into taking it off your hands for a good price.

NYR

If anybody in here is buying the white XB1 Sunset Overdrive bundle and doesn't want the game I might be interested into taking it off your hands for a good price.
Yep, me.

If anyone interested is interested in my digital copy of Sunset Overdrive, I would sell it for $60 CAN via PayPal.

I prefer a physical copy, so the cash would simply be going to that. I bought the XBONE bundle direct from Microsoft, so I should have it by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest, they shipped it to me on Saturday.

I'm also OCD about my games so I just swap cases. If I'm going to trade in a game I'll use an old case for it and keep the newer case for another game.

This is basically Photoshopping...

I guess? I've done it before and was provided one from this thread and it worked. One of the couple games I missed to preorder during the E3 deals.

Jinto

I wouldn't worry too much about not getting the Xbox One price cut. If I remember correctly, It's been on sale plenty of times recently, so we're bound to get a similar deal somewhere.

Just got Bayonetta and Fantasy Life in the mail from BB and Freedom Wars is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Edit: Goo Gone is awesome, especially if you buy a lot of older games. Just make sure to take out the game disc, manual, and inserts before applying that stuff. I made that mistake once.

Montresor

How do you cancel an order on microsoftstore.ca?

I'm doing the whole pre-order up to 3 games and get 15 dollars of xbl credit per game deposited in your account.

I want to cancel one game and switch to another (cancel Minecraft, switch to Sunset Overdrive).

ElNino

How do you cancel an order on microsoftstore.ca?

I'm doing the whole pre-order up to 3 games and get 15 dollars of xbl credit per game deposited in your account.

I want to cancel one game and switch to another (cancel Minecraft, switch to Sunset Overdrive).
I had to phone them.

zroid

Banned
Does the Pokemon code start today? Ive been asking stores for a week lol. don't wanna go for no reason

If my experience is any indicator, the Diancie codes are probably all gone since a week ago :lol

(I'm sure some stores actually followed the rules though :p )

Sora_N

If my experience is any indicator, the Diancie codes are probably all gone since a week ago :lol

(I'm sure some stores actually followed the rules though :p )

They told me to come back though so who knows. This whole thing has been retarded.

lfc11

Neo Member
Hey does anyone know if it's possible to redeem Shoppers Optimum points and use a 20x points coupon in the same transaction?

I want to get a PS4 with my Shoppers points. I heard you get 20x the amount you paid, which is 449 - whatever amount I redeem.

zroid

Banned
I just remembered Freedom Wars comes out tomorrow. Apparently Amazon is preparing the shipment. I wonder if the reason my Bayonetta 2 hasn't shipped from Amazon yet is because they were waiting to send it along with Freedom Wars. They were purchased in two separate orders though. Would Amazon bundle shipments together for items in different orders? Eh.

I was near an EB today, so I decided to try to get a code. The person working was actually really nice. They gave me two codes after asking if I had X/Y/both when I said both. They also gave me two Gengar codes that they still have. None of the "you have to pre-order" garbage I have heard other people mention.

frequency

I just remembered Freedom Wars comes out tomorrow. Apparently Amazon is preparing the shipment. I wonder if the reason my Bayonetta 2 hasn't shipped from Amazon yet is because they were waiting to send it along with Freedom Wars. They were purchased in two separate orders though. Would Amazon bundle shipments together for items in different orders? Eh.

Yes.

I was near an EB today, so I decided to try to get a code. The person working was actually really nice. They gave me two codes after asking if I had X/Y/both when I said both. They also gave me two Gengar codes that they still have. None of the "you have to pre-order" garbage I have heard other people mention.

Lucky! I went to 2 stores and they already ran out of Gengar codes :(. They sure didn't get many. I'm not sure I'm going to try for the new ones.

The EB I went to today have been out of codes since the Gengar event started. They've been giving out the Diancie codes. too. : |

I do not understand why they're limited to actual codes. Who would have thought I'd miss the days of just going near an EB and selecting Mystery Gift.

My Amazon copy of Bayonetta was delivered today so I guess this shouldn't be the reason! But who knows? Amazon has been messed up for sometime, you can expect anything.

They did exactly this with my copies of Destiny and DanganRonpa 2: separate orders, shipped in the same package.

Vinc

Doesn't look like either of Sunset Overdrive or Lords of the Fallen will ship from Amazon today... first time they burn me so far on E3 orders.

Top Bottom