• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Doesn't look like either of Sunset Overdrive or Lords of the Fallen will ship from Amazon today... first time they burn me so far on E3 orders.

BB only shipped Sunset Overdrive today, won't make it to AB tomorrow for sure! Not like I'm eagerly waiting for it lol
Destiny has dominated my gaming time for over a month now!

zroid

Banned

My Amazon copy of Bayonetta was delivered today so I guess this shouldn't be the reason! But who knows? Amazon has been messed up for sometime, you can expect anything.

They did exactly this with my copies of Destiny and DanganRonpa 2: separate orders, shipped in the same package.

aaaand there it is :lol

QNeoaRA.png

effing Amazon...

Doesn't look like either of Sunset Overdrive or Lords of the Fallen will ship from Amazon today... first time they burn me so far on E3 orders.

I'm waiting on these too. I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't come tomorrow. I'm in the GTA so if they ship out tonight I may still get them though.

Lucky! I went to 2 stores and they already ran out of Gengar codes :(. They sure didn't get many. I'm not sure I'm going to try for the new ones.

The EB I went to today have been out of codes since the Gengar event started. They've been giving out the Diancie codes. too. : |

I do not understand why they're limited to actual codes. Who would have thought I'd miss the days of just going near an EB and selecting Mystery Gift.

This seems quite weird. I could clearly see the drawer they had them in, and the Diancie ones seemed to be a stack a couple inches thick. I didn't see the Gengar ones as they were under the Diancie codes, but they must've had a few left. It was an EB Games in a mall too, so I would imagine they would have even more people asking.

I recommend calling or emailing Nintendo. I heard some did that when they didn't get their Electabuzz/Magmar codes or whatever, and Nintendo just emailed them a code.

I saw a price tag on a Walmart shelving unit, which said Magma PS4. The whole vertical slice of the shelf space where DualShock 4s are kept was empty, though, and only two white ones were available elsewhere.

It was also listed at $59.99 instead of $64.99

I hadn't heard of it making its way to NA, but here's hoping.

frequency

Canada Post messed up my shipment of Fantasy Life it seems.
Theatrhythm before that.

I think about half of my Canada Post shipments go to the wrong place before being redirected back to me.

I don't know why I have such terrible luck with them.

I complained to the ombudsman before who responded saying there is no issue and closed the case.

Lexxism

Canada Post messed up my shipment of Fantasy Life it seems.
Theatrhythm before that.

I think about half of my Canada Post shipments go to the wrong place before being redirected back to me.

I don't know why I have such terrible luck with them.

I complained to the ombudsman before who responded saying there is no issue and closed the case.

I'm currently having the same problem with them. I really hope I will get my copy and tomorrow because I'm tired seeing "item processed" for quite a while.

Vamphuntr

Sorry to break the shipping discussion but I'm trying to find an ASUS GTX 970 GPU. Are they even available in Canada? I had ordered from shoprbc after hearing good things about them as the card was on sale for 380 ish and was in stock but after a week they've charged my card nothing happened. Contacted customer service and they are apparently incompetent and oversold their allocation and instead of contacting their customers by email they've decided to do nothing. They've told me they might get some this week or next month but they can't say how much.

So I'm kind of missing only this part to complete my PC and I'm irritated right now T.T

Anybody with iPhone 6/6+ had problems with their data usage?
My 6gb cap was consumed 10 days into my billing cycle with $26 of overage as well and now I had to call Koodo and ask for a break this month but I'll have to stick to WiFi for two weeks!

vulva

Just used the MS store customer service chat thing:
You are now chatting with 'Jake'.
Jake: Hi! Thank you for chatting with Microsoft online, this is Jake! What can I work with you on today?
You: Hi, I was wondering if Canada will be receiving the discount on Xbox One consoles that was just announced for the United States starting next week, or if the offer is U.S. only?
Jake: Unfortunately, no info on that has been released as of yet!
Jake: I only have access to already public information!
Jake: Sorry, I'm not important enough to get told the good stuff!
You: Is there anyone I can contact for this information?
Jake: Any new info will be on news.Microsoft.com or Blogs.microsoft.com first!
You: Alright, thank you so much
Jake: Oh wait! Are you referring to the 50$ price drop?
You: Ye
You: *Yes
Jake: If so, then that is just the whole retail proce for Xbox is going down by 50$.
Jake: It's not just on MicrosoftStore.com US's site.
Jake: It's on all our sites!
Jake: And most places that sell the Xbox!
You: But will this be applied for Canadian retailers or just the United States?
Jake: This will be channel wide, meaning MS Store is not the one running this promotion.
Jake: It is everywhere that sells the Xbox.
You: So that means that I will be able to purchase an Xbox One for 349 CAD from a canadian retailer starting next week?
Jake: Also, customers that have pre-ordered Sunset Overdrive and COD Special Editions will be charged the full amount of the pre-order, but then $50 will be refunded back to their card within 10 business days of the GA date of the consoles.
You: As they currently retail at 399 CAD here
Jake: You can pre-order from our site right now, and still get that pricing.
You: If that's the case, i'll order the Sunset Overdrive bundle right now
Jake: Great!
You: but I just want to make sure that it will apply with canadian pricing as well
You: (sorry for the confusion)
Jake: You will be charged the full amount, as I said, But then the 50$ will be charged back to you within 10 days!
Jake: No worries!
Jake: AThat's what I'm here for!
You: Perfect, well thank you so much. I guess i'll order now. Is there a function built in to save this conversation, in case I have any issues receiving the $50 back? Just so I can reference this conversation
Jake: You can email this conversation to yourself with the button above this chat field!
You: Perfect, thank you so much

So I never got a direct answer about Canadian pricing... but at the same time he kept telling me I would get the discount?

vulva

The Xbone is already $350 USD in Canada, so I'm not sure what kind of discount they'd apply here.

It's not 350 USD, it's 399 CAD. As rates fluctuate it's important to discern the difference. Theoretically then I'll get 50$ back. He didn't specify USD or CAD but it's to be assumed that it would be the full 50$ of the region appropriate for the purchase.

Come on Jake, you're my boy here.

diaspora

It's not 350 USD, it's 399 CAD. As rates fluctuate it's important to discern the difference. Theoretically then I'll get 50$ back. He didn't specify USD or CAD but it's to be assumed that it would be the full 50$ of the region appropriate for the purchase.

Come on Jake, you're my boy here.

$399 CAD = $350 USD. We're already getting a discount which is why I'm not seeing this discount applied here in general.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
If 350$ CAD with a game happens here in Canada. I would seriously consider double dipping on Xbox One.

NYR

Jake: Hi! Thank you for chatting with Microsoft online, this is Jake! What can I work with you on today?
You: Hi, I was wondering if Canada will be receiving the discount on Xbox One consoles that was just announced for the United States starting next week, or if the offer is U.S. only?
Jake: If so, then that is just the whole retail proce for Xbox is going down by 50$.
Jake: This will be channel wide, meaning MS Store is not the one running this promotion.
You: So that means that I will be able to purchase an Xbox One for 349 CAD from a canadian retailer starting next week?
Jake: Also, customers that have pre-ordered Sunset Overdrive and COD Special Editions will be charged the full amount of the pre-order, but then $50 will be refunded back to their card within 10 business days of the GA date of the consoles.
You: but I just want to make sure that it will apply with canadian pricing as well
Jake: You will be charged the full amount, as I said, But then the 50$ will be charged back to you within 10 days!
You: Perfect, well thank you so much. I guess i'll order now. Is there a function built in to save this conversation, in case I have any issues receiving the $50 back? Just so I can reference this conversation
Jake: You can email this conversation to yourself with the button above this chat field!

So I never got a direct answer about Canadian pricing... but at the same time he kept telling me I would get the discount?

There is no way a chat agent would know anything. You're using confirmation bias to justify your point of view, this guy has no authority and from the convoluted message he sent, he doesn't know either.

Xbox.com is pretty clear:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

** Regional availability and timing outside the U.S. will vary.

vulva

edit: ^^ It's possible he knows, but it was obviously unclear. The only thing I got as any form of "confirmation" was him saying I would get 50$ back. So I ordered based on that. If that turns out to fall apart and I don't receive it, I'll contact MS about it. If it turns out this was in error then I'll just ask to send it back for a return. I'm just sharing what I found.

$399 CAD = $350 USD. We're already getting a discount which is why I'm not seeing this discount applied here in general.

399.00 CAD = 354.642 USD

It's not a direct conversion from one to the other and again, prices fluctuate as markets shift. I know our dollar works out to roughly enough to lead to your number, but that's not the only existing factor.

I get what you're saying and I understand the logic, but you're incorrect in us "already getting a discount". It's just a price for a region, that's all. In europe an xbone is €400. They're not paying an additional premium, they're paying their region's pricepoint. A discount or premium is something added or subtracted from their pricepoint.

Banned
Hey guys I just traded in my white ps4 for a black one. Couldn't stand the white next to all my black devices lol.

Anyways, it was TLOU remastered bundle but I already have a copy so I'm selling the code in the BST thread. Just PM for details.

$25 but willing to trade or negotiate.

If anything, you could try and get the discount just based on this conversation. He's wrong, but that ain't your fault.

vulva

If anything, you could try and get the discount just based on this conversation. He's wrong, but that ain't your fault.

Yeah, I figure I'm in the clear regardless with this conversation. I can't confirm for the rest of Canada of course, but given this discussion i'm pretty sure I'll be fine

ohlawd

Sunset Overdrive shipped...
sorry Imsomniac, gotta return it. I have no time to play it since I expect Bayo 2 to last me until Nov 4th D:

MS is dying to beat Sony's sales numbers, it's really a good time to buy Xbone.
Also I'd suggest getting EA Access for $30, it gets you some games to start off with including BF4, PvZ:GW, NFS and Peggle beside last year's sports games.

Megasoum

Banned
The agressive console pricing on the XB1 is great but I wish they would do the same with the games. After years of PC Gaming, paying full price for games really sucks lol.

The agressive console pricing on the XB1 is great but I wish they would do the same with the games. After years of PC Gaming, paying full price for games really sucks lol.

They've been pricing first party games at 64.99 instead of 69.99, so that's something I guess. I don't think anyone else is still doing that.

mdubs

Banned

Between E3 deals and Shop.ca coupons I can't fathom how there are people paying full-price.

i-Jest

Between E3 deals and Shop.ca coupons I can't fathom how there are people paying full-price.

Believe it or not, when it comes to E3 deals and Shop.ca promos, not many are aware of the significant savings to be had. I know my friends weren't until I told them. Even then, one didn't believe me and the other shrugged it off. These things just aren't known by many.

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I have a Vita Slim that I've barely used and honestly, don't want.

If anyone wants to buy a Vita Slim let me know. I have the box and everything, minus the Borderlands 2 code. I'd be willing to sell the following for $220.

- Vita Slim (in box)
- Persona 4: The Golden
- Tearaway
- 64GB card
- Carrying pouch

PM if interested, Toronto Area. Otherwise, it's off to EBGames I guess since I really have no need for it, thought I'd ask here first.

Check your PMs!

mdubs

Banned
Believe it or not, when it comes to E3 deals and Shop.ca promos, not many are aware of the significant savings to be had. I know my friends weren't until I told them. Even then, one didn't believe me and the other shrugged it off. These things just aren't known by many.

Yup, my friends who do game don't care enough/buy enough games to be bothered with the promos. I'm just incredulous that people on GAF are unaware of this.

Megasoum

Banned
Yup, my friends who do game don't care enough/buy enough games to be bothered with the promos. I'm just incredulous that people on GAF are unaware of this.

I'm aware of the promo but 1-I never really buy games in bulk and 2-I prefer digital over retail anytime I can.

Hopefully somebody who's getting the White XB1 Bundle will sell a copy for cheap in the next couple of days.

zroid

Banned

My friends know about the E3 deal and they still don't use it except maybe for the bare minimum number of games (three). I don't know why. Can't tell you how many times they've decided to buy something closer to release and had to pay full price, even though it was available at the prior E3.

i-Jest

I think, to a degree, it's just gratification outweighing value of the exchange to get the game. Hype blinds people to outrageous prices but as long as they get the game they could care less. I've seen this before. Not with friends but with strangers. Hell, people camp out for iPhones. They're prepared to pay full price when they could get the damn thing on Cyber Monday or Black Friday for a fraction of the price maybe. They just need to wait for a good deal. Patience is a virtue.

Anyways, it is what it is.

Top Bottom