• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

The "Spend $100 get $15 back on PSN" promo ends tomorrow. I spent $70 this month, any suggestions to get to $100?

So...

I'm sitting at $71 on that deal. Is it confirmed anywhere that we aren't going to get fucked over if we spend $100 CAD because it isn't equal to $100 USD? The fine print says USD...

zroid

Banned
So...

I'm sitting at $71 on that deal. Is it confirmed anywhere that we aren't going to get fucked over if we spend $100 CAD because it isn't equal to $100 USD? The fine print says USD...

idk but considering they're giving back $15 CAD, it should be fine?

So my Fantasy Life from Best Buy says it was delivered on Friday, along with Bayonetta 2 from Future Shop. Today, the used games I bought from Future Shop on the weekend say they were delivered. However, not one of the three packages has been in my mailbox, or a key to the package box, and none have been delivered to my door. Canada Post is definitely getting a call...

Guess all they care about is the US since everywhere else is hopeless.

To be fair, I'm surprised Microsoft took a hit up until now with their $400 price point. So we pretty much had the price cut all along if the dollar was to be converted.

If anybody in here is buying the white XB1 Sunset Overdrive bundle and doesn't want the game I might be interested into taking it off your hands for a good price.

I might. I will let you know.

Doesn't look like either of Sunset Overdrive or Lords of the Fallen will ship from Amazon today... first time they burn me so far on E3 orders.

I just notched that my lords of the fallen Amazon pre-order has been cancelled. Anyone know why?

Sorry to break the shipping discussion but I'm trying to find an ASUS GTX 970 GPU. Are they even available in Canada? I had ordered from shoprbc after hearing good things about them as the card was on sale for 380 ish and was in stock but after a week they've charged my card nothing happened. Contacted customer service and they are apparently incompetent and oversold their allocation and instead of contacting their customers by email they've decided to do nothing. They've told me they might get some this week or next month but they can't say how much.

So I'm kind of missing only this part to complete my PC and I'm irritated right now T.T

I'm not very sure of what's going on but I did happened to notice that RFD has a deals thread about this and I think it would be wise to check that out considering all the discussion would be Canadian based shipping.

Here's the link.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/new-gtx-970-gtx-980-video-cards-various-models-1558815/

Anybody with iPhone 6/6+ had problems with their data usage?
My 6gb cap was consumed 10 days into my billing cycle with $26 of overage as well and now I had to call Koodo and ask for a break this month but I'll have to stick to WiFi for two weeks!

I think I read about this in the iPhone 6 OT. Data going over the limit pretty fast. I tried looking for it and I can't seem to find it.

The Xbone is already $350 USD in Canada, so I'm not sure what kind of discount they'd apply here.

Pretty much. If they wetter to sell the X1 in Canada at $350, means they would have to let it go for $300USD. That's just not logical for Microsoft and highly unlikely.

Edit: man I've been double and triple posting all over the place today.

Had that problem. Solved it with Peggle 2 and double dip on Guacamelee PS4.

Was going to buy DriveClub 's season pass but unsure of legs at this moment.

I have both games on Xbone, the first with EA Access and the second with games with gold.
Ended up buying Destiny Season Pass AGAIN, since I have one with my Ghost Edition which I'm willing to sell now.

Anybody willing to buy PS4 Destiny Season Pass for $30 instead of its $35 normal price let me know :D

I just notched that my lords of the fallen Amazon pre-order has been cancelled. Anyone know why?

For some reason Amazon removed the game from the store for a couple days which cancelled folk's orders. I had a pretty easy time getting amazon to reinstate the order at the E3 price when I contacted them about it.

Sweet Ivy

Guys, I'm looking for:

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy - Nintendo 3DS by Nintendo
Nintendo Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 3DS

I need them new as it's for a gift, but I'm hoping for a fair price.
Don't know much about online VG stores though (apart from the usual chains), any suggestion?

For anyone sitting on shop.ca coupons they have more product up for preorder this week.

I might snag Little Big Planet with my $20 off from the Leafs Facebook promo.

My Sunset Overdrive shipped on time from them and I should hopefully have it today.

For some reason Amazon removed the game from the store for a couple days which cancelled folk's orders. I had a pretty easy time getting amazon to reinstate the order at the E3 price when I contacted them about it.

Alright that makes sense actually. I'm going to have to talk to them today about it. Thanks.

mdubs

Banned
Guys, I'm looking for:

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy - Nintendo 3DS by Nintendo
Nintendo Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 3DS

I need them new as it's for a gift, but I'm hoping for a fair price.
Don't know much about online VG stores though (apart from the usual chains), any suggestion?

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/professor-layton-and-the-miracle-mask-3ds-p-18420.html

Probably the best price you are going to get, they are reliable too (just use paypal)

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=32577306

Alright that makes sense actually. I'm going to have to talk to them today about it. Thanks.

I just called Amazon and somehow the PS4 version of the game isn't in stock and he has no clue why it was removed in the first place, he kept mentioning how it went out of stock and hence removed.

Anyway, since the game is out of stock now, he wanted me to place the order when it is back in stock and the discount would be honored. Sucks though.

@Wreck

anybody else get this message in thier FS order?

Shipment 4 Scheduled for Standard Delivery
Qty. Product Description Total
Lords Of The Fallen Limited Edition (PlayStation 4)

Item Status: Out of Stock
Review & Rate Product $46.42

lol and i pre-ordered it e3 how can it be out of stock

oh well got freedom wars from amazon coming today

Moltenix

Any deals on the XB1 launch titles?

Kinda sad I missed out on $10 Forza and Dead Rising at Target when they had them on clearance in August. Didn't think i'd be getting a new system at the time.

PS4 launch games like Killzone and Knack have been $20; haven't really seen the same for XB1 games though.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
For anyone sitting on shop.ca coupons they have more product up for preorder this week.

I might snag Little Big Planet with my $20 off from the Leafs Facebook promo.

My Sunset Overdrive shipped on time from them and I should hopefully have it today.

Do we know how often they add stuff? I have a coupon expiring on Friday, but I'm still holding hope that they'll add Wii U Pro controllers and/or the Gamecube adapter for Smash...

Probably not gonna happen, but still...

EDIT: Is there at least a way to see newly added items without looking through every single category? Their site is pretty convoluted...

Endy MacK

So, has anyone received their Source orders yet? I finally decided to give them a call regarding my WiiU Pro Controller order, since:

Date Ordered:
26/09/2014 10:16:54 PM

Order Status:
PREPARING ORDER

Rep just told me that the item is "discontinued; end-of-life" ??

She was actually really great, though. She put me on hold, found a controller available at one of their stores, and arranged to have that store ship it to me under my existing order. I'm pretty impressed, actually.

Lexxism

Any deals on the XB1 launch titles?

Kinda sad I missed out on $10 Forza and Dead Rising at Target when they had them on clearance in August. Didn't think i'd be getting a new system at the time.

PS4 launch games like Killzone and Knack have been $20; haven't really seen the same for XB1 games though.

Wait for Nov 7th at Target. They are going to have B2G1.

zroid

Banned
Something I'd ordered went "out for delivery" yesterday...

...and its still out for delivery. :/

Hope it somehow arrives today

Do we know how often they add stuff? I have a coupon expiring on Friday, but I'm still holding hope that they'll add Wii U Pro controllers and/or the Gamecube adapter for Smash...

Probably not gonna happen, but still...

EDIT: Is there at least a way to see newly added items without looking through every single category? Their site is pretty convoluted...

They weren't adding content for months now it seems like they add two or three things every Monday/Tuesday. It's probably just for the holiday.

I end up looking through all the categories.

baconcow

Something I'd ordered went "out for delivery" yesterday...

...and its still out for delivery. :/

Hope it somehow arrives today

Is it from Staples? I had the same issue with Staples. If so, contact Staples and they will give you a UPS tracking number. Otherwise, it means they have left their Amherst depot (on their own Staples truck), and you would have received it yesterday. I had my package go Out for Delivery on Sunday morning and received it this morning at 9:14 am.

zroid

Banned
Is it from Staples? I had the same issue with Staples. If so, contact Staples and they will give you a UPS tracking number. Otherwise, it means they have left their Amherst depot (on their own Staples truck), and you would have received it yesterday. I had my package go Out for Delivery on Sunday morning and received it this morning at 9:14 am.

Naw, Future Shop. I thought it was peculiar that an item which I ordered over the weekend would be delivered on Monday (implying Canada Post picked the item up on Sunday), but the tracking info is what it is. Unless it's not? Well if it doesn't come today I might have to start making phone calls.

So, has anyone received their Source orders yet? I finally decided to give them a call regarding my WiiU Pro Controller order, since:

Date Ordered:
26/09/2014 10:16:54 PM

Order Status:
PREPARING ORDER

Rep just told me that the item is "discontinued; end-of-life" ??

She was actually really great, though. She put me on hold, found a controller available at one of their stores, and arranged to have that store ship it to me under my existing order. I'm pretty impressed, actually.

I was just wondering about this today, I also have a dead-in-the-water Pro Controller order. I guess I'll have to contact them too.

FrsDvl

Ugh bestbuy/Canada post. So last month my Destiny got lost and eventually showed up in Calgary rather than edmonton. and i finally got it 2 weeks later.

Now my tracking for Sunset Overdrive isn't updating either. I hope this isn't happening again...

Vinc

I had to re-order the game and get the price adjusted about a month back, the publisher of the game changed in Canada so the previous SKU got cancelled, then it popped back up under a different SKU a few days after.

DJ_Lae

Well, my uncertainty is coming back to haunt me - I will have two Sunset Overdrive bundles arriving at my place by the end of day if the tracking information is to be believed.

Will have to return the Future Shop one. I can't believe they processed my order so quickly.

I would try and throw it up on Kijiji but I don't think they're going to be in short supply and I don't like being that person.

Ryde3

Is it good for gaming? How's the input lag?

Benchmark sites put it at 15ms I believe? But I think Game Mode takes that down considerably. I got this a few months ago after having a 60hz LCD TV and the difference is light and day. It's really awesome and the image quality is great for games and movies. I'm nowhere near an authority but a good friend help me narrow down my choices and for the price at the time it was a great buy. Sites say the input lag is high, but I don't notice it at all and I always do very well in online FPShooters. *shrugs*

Not sure if it's the EXACT same model, but this is the TV I had gotten - from the looks of it the one he just bought is in the same line (sorry if I'm mistaken)
http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-pn51f5300/

BadWolf

Benchmark sites put it at 15ms I believe? But I think Game Mode takes that down considerably. I got this a few months ago after having a 60hz LCD TV and the difference is light and day. It's really awesome and the image quality is great for games and movies. I'm nowhere near an authority but a good friend help me narrow down my choices and for the price at the time it was a great buy. Sites say the input lag is high, but I don't notice it at all and I always do very well in online FPShooters. *shrugs*

Not sure if it's the EXACT same model, but this is the TV I had gotten - from the looks of it the one he just bought is in the same line (sorry if I'm mistaken)
http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-pn51f5300/

Thank you :)

Top Bottom