• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

I just watched some game play footage of freedom wars and I think I'm going to refund it. It was just a bunch of people spamming skills and shooting rockets into a giant monster for 20 mins. Not my kind of game.

Was at EB getting a Diancie code (Oakridge and Metrotown are all out) and noticed 4 Borderlands 2 Vita bundles behind the counter. Looks like a new batch was shipped out.

Sora_N

I just watched some game play footage of freedom wars and I think I'm going to refund it. It was just a bunch of people spamming skills and shooting rockets into a giant monster for 20 mins. Not my kind of game.

I cancelled mine last month. Meh. Saving money for tales

Madness

Got $50 off my Sunset Bundle, so apparently the price cut will happen for us too, because the lady at the MS Store said it will happen from Nov 2nd. Thoughts?

Buy two, get one free on any game at Target according to this guy: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920413

Nice deal if it's literally on any three games.

yeah theres a big circle that says ALL games on the flyer (including PS4/XB1), cheapest game is the one you get for free, example XB1 game ($60), PS3 game ($30=free) 3DS game ($40).

if all 3 games are same price (64.99 or $49.99 etc) you pay that price obviously for the 2.

couldnt take a pic or anything but its legit ofcourse :)

Sealtest

Does chapters indigo delay charging your card after they send your package? it's been 3 days since my order shipped and they haven't charged me.

I would like to point out my first order never shipped so this is a replacement for that one and the original order was cancelled by them.

MesH

Is there any good deals for a Wii U pro controller out there, Playing Bayo 2 with the game pad is the worst, it is not designed for this kinda of game.

Madness

Sorry, I made a thread that goes into detail, but it kind of dropped off the main page. I was picking up my Sunset console, and I just asked if they knew about any sales/promotions, she right away said, don't worry we'll apply the price drop to your console. She said it was in the system to start since November 2nd, and I got like $56 back.

Now I can't say for sure it's only a Microsoft Store promotion, or a possible Canada one but it would make no sense for only Microsoft Store to do it, and even then, since Future Shop and Best Buy price match, I'm assuming they'll also either have price dropped or be forced to price match.

She said the price drop/promotion starts from November 2nd onwards. That's why I made the thread with a YMMV. She retroactively applied the discount to the console, and I also had the current promotion of $100 with old hardware towards new purchase, so I've effectively gotten the Sunset bundle for $249+tax.

Sorry, I made a thread that goes into detail, but it kind of dropped off the main page. I was picking up my Sunset console, and I just asked if they knew about any sales/promotions, she right away said, don't worry we'll apply the price drop to your console. She said it was in the system to start since November 2nd, and I got like $56 back.

Now I can't say for sure it's only a Microsoft Store promotion, or a possible Canada one but it would make no sense for only Microsoft Store to do it, and even then, since Future Shop and Best Buy price match, I'm assuming they'll also either have price dropped or be forced to price match.

She said the price drop/promotion starts from November 2nd onwards. That's why I made the thread with a YMMV. She retroactively applied the discount to the console, and I also had the current promotion of $100 with old hardware towards new purchase, so I've effectively gotten the Sunset bundle for $249+tax.

damn you making the store go broke lol

Sweet Ivy

Well, I just called Microsoft and was told the price cut will be available from Nov 2nd, and that if I bought today I could go in with the receipt after that date for partial refund.
To avoid the refund thing, maybe the store staff already applies the cut.

antibolo

Banned
Does EBGames price match?
I'm going out to pick up by Sunset bundle... maybe I can stop at the MS store first

They definitely do not, I gave them a particularly bad time about it last time I stepped inside one. They were the only place around where I could pick up Danganronpa 2, but they had a bullshit $45 price and they refused to price match it to FS/BB.

Madness

damn you making the store go broke lol

Yeah man, it's crazy to think the Console hasn't even been out a year yet and how cheap you can get one if you take advantage of the deals/offers.

Does EBGames price match?
I'm going out to pick up by Sunset bundle... maybe I can stop at the MS store first

Nope they don't price match, I asked recently because Microsoft Store has master chief collection for $59 while they have it for $69. I had trade in credit which I put towards mcc, but only after did I find out. I asked if they would price match, they said they wouldn't. Even then, if it's indeed only a Microsoft store promotion, almost certain superstore, Future Shop, best buy would price match.

Hmmmmmmm. If this is true, I'm in

I'm on the phone with Microsoft sotre right now too (terrible system, by the way), and they said it's US and Canada too. Goes into effect on November 2.

SunF50

Banned
I was planning on getting a ps4 but thought i'd wait a bit and see if I could get a deal on 399.. Checked stores today and.............

hazukash

No more Diancie codes at EBGames @ Complexe Les Ailes. I went this afternoon and the cashier told me they were all given away by 4pm yesterday.

Returners

I have both games on Xbone, the first with EA Access and the second with games with gold.
Ended up buying Destiny Season Pass AGAIN, since I have one with my Ghost Edition which I'm willing to sell now.

Anybody willing to buy PS4 Destiny Season Pass for $30 instead of its $35 normal price let me know :D

AND GUCAMELEE IS ON SALE TODAY. UGH.

EDIT: Part of "Sale of the Dead", but not listed last week as being on sale this week..... Sigh

MesH

Thanks guys, got one used at EB for 34.99, and still had my EDGE platnium card that happens to expire tomorrow so got another 3.50 off, they asked if I wanted to renew and I kindly declined, haven't bought a single thing from there since my launch night PS4, and winning a PS Vita from the sony rep that night as well, because of the E3 preorders and the trade 2 for 70 dollar gift cards at BB/FS.

Returners

Sorry man, it happened to me a couple times especially with how often Sony put so many games on sale!

Oh well. Wanted to do it before today so I know I don't have to worry about the PSN credit not qualifying.

Either way, awesome news about the XB1 discount being valid for Canada. Idk how Microsoft is making it happen but great news for gamers.

NYR

If anyone wants a digital code today for Sunset, send me a pm.

$50 US firm via PayPal. Need to get rid of the bundle by 8 pm est or I'll just install it - I prefer a physical copy though.

Top Bottom