• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Oh well. Wanted to do it before today so I know I don't have to worry about the PSN credit not qualifying.

Either way, awesome news about the XB1 discount being valid for Canada. Idk how Microsoft is making it happen but great news for gamers.

MS is doing all they can to get their nose ahead of Sony before the holiday season, which is all good for us! I have a Xbone and I'm still tempted by the prices then again I rarely use my Xbox let alone buy a second lol

HL7oHLh.jpg

I'm putting my 360 up on Craigslist to help go towards an Xbone, but I'd figure I'd put it here in case any Gaffers were looking to to grab one on the cheap. Console is a 250GB Slim, still works perfectly, comes with HDMI cable (no component), headset, and wired controller. Also comes with 8 games; Nier, Half-Life: The Orange Box, Fallout New Vegas, Shadows of the Damned, Timeshift, Condemned 2, Kane & Lynch 2, and Burnout Paradise.

Asking $160, for pickup in downtown Vancouver. Message me with questions!

Azuran

Banned
Man, some EBGames are so scummy. I went to the one in Dufferin Mall to get a Diancie code, and as soon as I enter the store, I see them telling a middle school girl that she needs to pre-order ORAS to get one. Poor girl walks out of the store dejected and that pissed me off.

Anyways, after some arguing with the person at the counter I got the code and ended up tracking and giving it to the girl. Later went to Eaton and got another one without problems.

Moltenix

Awesome, my Sunset Overdrive bundle was waiting at the front door when I got home. It's pretty big but the white color looks REALLY nice.

Going to try out some Destiny tonight and get Sunset Overdrive downloaded. Thinking of grabbing an EA Access subscription too.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just had Sunset Overdrive delivered, I don't think I've ever had anything delivered this late in the evening before.

Madness

Its US only.

Not necessarily. It's pretty much for sure happening at Microsoft Store on November 2nd onwards, and since Superstore, Best Buy, Future Shop all price match, you can effectively get it for $349, this includes things like the Unity bundle.

I just can't see how Microsoft Store would have ability to do such a price drop, and from November 2nd onwards no less, and not have any other retailers follow suit.

Like I posted in my thread which is now buried, the lady read it off her computer that it starts from Nov 2nd at Microsoft Store, said it was a price drop. Whether it's nationwide or just MS Store remains to be seen now.

Not necessarily. It's pretty much for sure happening at Microsoft Store on November 2nd onwards, and since Superstore, Best Buy, Future Shop all price match, you can effectively get it for $349, this includes things like the Unity bundle.

I just can't see how Microsoft Store would have ability to do such a price drop, and from November 2nd onwards no less, and not have any other retailers follow suit.

Like I posted in my thread which is now buried, the lady read it off her computer that it starts from Nov 2nd at Microsoft Store, said it was a price drop. Whether it's nationwide or just MS Store remains to be seen now.

Yeah, the lady I was talking to was reading it off of somewhere too, "US and Canada, starting November 2". Not sure why they haven't confirmed it yet.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Anyone know which retailer has a Wii U deluxe on sale below MSRP? Just got delivery of Bayonetta 2 which I pre ordered last year, and I have yet to buy the console.

Sora_N

Man, some EBGames are so scummy. I went to the one in Dufferin Mall to get a Diancie code, and as soon as I enter the store, I see them telling a middle school girl that she needs to pre-order ORAS to get one. Poor girl walks out of the store dejected and that pissed me off.

Anyways, after some arguing with the person at the counter I got the code and ended up tracking and giving it to the girl. Later went to Eaton and got another one without problems.

Such an asshole

The Xbox One price cut being in Canada too contradicts dozens of sources who asked Microsoft for clarification and were told no. I will be so pissed at them for not announcing it with the US promotion, as I just bought the Sunset Overdrive bundle today from ebgames and I know they will do nothing for me with regards to a $50 price cut.

So my packages from Future Shop and Best Buy from Friday still haven't arrived despite the tracking saying delivered. My package from Future Shop from Monday says it has been delivered, but did not show up at my house or mailbox. Now, my brother's Sunset Overdrive from Best Buy says it has been delivered, but there is no package! Other mail has been in my mailbox, so the delivery man is clearly doing something wrong. Canada Post doesn't care, they say to take it up with Best Buy/Future Shop, even though they are the ones lying about delivering it.

BB/FS say if they cannot resolve this in their 2-3 week period, they will credit me the money for my packages. I don't want that as then I don't get my games with the E3 deal. Anyone have anything like this happen before?

Ventara

So my packages from Future Shop and Best Buy from Friday still haven't arrived despite the tracking saying delivered. My package from Future Shop from Monday says it has been delivered, but did not show up at my house or mailbox. Now, my brother's Sunset Overdrive from Best Buy says it has been delivered, but there is no package! Other mail has been in my mailbox, so the delivery man is clearly doing something wrong. Canada Post doesn't care, they say to take it up with Best Buy/Future Shop, even though they are the ones lying about delivering it.

BB/FS say if they cannot resolve this in their 2-3 week period, they will credit me the money for my packages. I don't want that as then I don't get my games with the E3 deal. Anyone have anything like this happen before?

Oh man, I might be in a similar situation. Both Bayonetta 2 and Fantasy Life shipped out Thursday from BB. I got Bayonetta 2 on Friday, but still no Fantasy Life. I actually bought a copy from the store and was planning to return the one that came in the mail. I suppose Fantasy Life is worth the full price, but still sucks, though.

Oh man, I might be in a similar situation. Both Bayonetta 2 and Fantasy Life shipped out Thursday from BB. I got Bayonetta 2 on Friday, but still no Fantasy Life. I actually bought a copy from the store and was planning to return the one that came in the mail. I suppose Fantasy Life is worth the full price, but still sucks, though.

Does your Fantasy Life still say it is in delivery, though? All 4 packages that haven't arrived at my house have their tracking say they were delivered.

I've lost 3 games this way in the last 12 months. It's extremely frustrating. Luckiy, Futureshop and Best Buy have been good about refunding me my money so hopefully they will be for you as well. Something fishy is going on over at Canada Post though.

Also, any deal on the Master Chief Collection anywhere?

i-Jest

That was really nice of you. I know these stores need to meet preorder quotas but common. That's just underhanded. You don't need to road block people from free DLC to keep the lights on. There is something seriously wrong with EBGames business model if that's become a common practice.

Sweet Ivy

Its US only.
The deal will happen in Canada too.
I phoned MS and they confirmed, then I went to the MS store and they confirmed again that the reduction will happen on Nov 2nd. I could buy the Sunset bundle and get a partial refund after that.
They only had one available though and I needed two (for me and my partner).

So I went to EB games (where I had my pre-order) and the store manager said EBGames will "likely" match MS's offer. I grabbed the Sunset bundles, I'll have to go back once it's official to get the "money back", which will actually be a refund and re-purchase since they don't have an official price protection policy.

The thing is, the cat if out of the bag, so they are dealing with those informed in a friendly way.

That was really nice of you. I know these stores need to meet preorder quotas but common. That's just underhanded. You don't need to road block people from free DLC to keep the lights on. There is something seriously wrong with EBGames business model if that's become a common practice.

While I agree that he should have just given her a code, because who gives a fuck, he's technically right in that while Gengar was free for all, the Diancie is a pre-order bonus. I got shafted from one for the same reason. No one came to my rescue :(

i-Jest

While I agree that he should have just given her a code, because who gives a fuck, he's technically right in that while Gengar was free for all, the Diancie is a pre-order bonus. I got shafted from one for the same reason. No one came to my rescue :(

I didn't. Maybe I was just lucky. Going back for my second code soon.

XBP

A rather non-gaming related question. Has anyone here used itfactory.ca to buy anything? I'm thinking of getting an office 365 license from them.

DJ_Lae

Awesome, my Sunset Overdrive bundle was waiting at the front door when I got home. It's pretty big but the white color looks REALLY nice.

Going to try out some Destiny tonight and get Sunset Overdrive downloaded. Thinking of grabbing an EA Access subscription too.

I like the white too. I'll have to nab a white stand for the PS4, however, as I think the fan intake is (stupidly) on the bottom when upright.

iqqwai3rc9pBO.jpg

Is your One's hard drive fairly noisy? I don't think mine's broken, it's just...very audible. And it's the worst possible frequency.

Ondore

Some deals from this week's flyers:

Target:
- Get Call of Duty: Advance Warfare (PS4) free when you by the Last of Us Remastered bundle
- Buying a copy of AW on any platform gets you two free bags of Doritos (not making this up)

FutureShop/Best Buy:
- PS4 Destiny bundle is $479.99 ($20 off?) and includes a free game "between $49.99 and $69.99"

Some deals from this week's flyers:

Target:
- Get Call of Duty: Advance Warfare (PS4) free when you by the Last of Us Remastered bundle
- Buying a copy of AW on any platform gets you two free bags of Doritos (not making this up)

FutureShop/Best Buy:
- PS4 Destiny bundle is $479.99 ($20 off?) and includes a free game "between $49.99 and $69.99"

That's actually $10 more, it's $469. Still not bad, considering it comes with a game fo your choice. Although with the deal I'm trying to wrangle with the Xbone, it's hard to look at prices so high lol. Im so tankful I got my PS4 before the price hike.

Moltenix

I like the white too. I'll have to nab a white stand for the PS4, however, as I think the fan intake is (stupidly) on the bottom when upright.

Is your One's hard drive fairly noisy? I don't think mine's broken, it's just...very audible. And it's the worst possible frequency.

The hard drive hasn't been too bad but I think something's up with my fan. There's this really odd (and rather annoying) whining noise coming out of the top vent. It sorta sounds like it's that coil whine issue but it likes this the entire time its on whether it's on the dashboard or in-game.

Edit: Mine sounds exactly like this

Ventara

Does your Fantasy Life still say it is in delivery, though? All 4 packages that haven't arrived at my house have their tracking say they were delivered.

Just checked, and yeah, mine says it was delivered Friday. Damn. Gonna give them a call tomorrow. Should I call Canada Post first?

Just checked, and yeah, mine says it was delivered Friday. Damn. Gonna give them a call tomorrow. Should I call Canada Post first?

Canada Post told me that I have to contact the shipper. Which is funny because it is Canada Post that was the one that 'delivered' it. Bet Buy said I have to wait 5 business days before they open a investigation.

MarkusRJR

So apparently the only local EB Games ran through it's entire stack of Pokémon codes in a day. Fuck this I missed both Gengar and now Diancle due to this stupid change to incredibly limited codes.

Ventara

Canada Post told me that I have to contact the shipper. Which is funny because it is Canada Post that was the one that 'delivered' it. Bet Buy said I have to wait 5 business days before they open a investigation.

So I'll have to wait until Friday? That sucks, though I hope it does show up before then. While I was checking my tracking number, I noticed it said "Do Not Safe Drop." That means someone needs to be home to receive the package, right? That certainly was not what happened here.

MarkusRJR

Random question: Wii U's can do a 3DS-esque system transfer, right? I'm planning to buy a new one after work tomorrow (game pad broke and I'd like having back up white console now that they're discontinued). Just wanted to make sure that if I felt the need to change consoles over in the future it'd work.

Lexxism

Random question: Wii U's can do a 3DS-esque system transfer, right? I'm planning to buy a new one after work tomorrow (game pad broke and I'd like having back up white console now that they're discontinued). Just wanted to make sure that if I felt the need to change consoles over in the future it'd work.

Or you can call Nintendo for help. They can help you transfer your old stuff.

diaspora

I had the same problem with a different game, turns out the guy dropped it off at the wrong house. I found out by asking the courier himself when he made a new delivery.

ovii

Anyone interested in the digital version of Sunset Overdrive? I just picked up the bundle but I already have and prefer physical copies. I'm located in Calgary, but I'd be up for EMT if you don't mind dealing with a stranger online. Send me a message and we can work things out.

**SOLD**

For the mods, please delete if I'm not allowed to post stuff like this.

Anyone interested in the digital version of Sunset Overdrive? I just picked up the bundle but I already have and prefer physical copies. I'm located in Calgary, but I'd be up for EMT if you don't mind dealing with a stranger online. Send me a message and we can work things out.

Looking for $40 firm.

For the mods, please delete if I'm not allowed to post stuff like this.

PM'd

So I'll have to wait until Friday? That sucks, though I hope it does show up before then. While I was checking my tracking number, I noticed it said "Do Not Safe Drop." That means someone needs to be home to receive the package, right? That certainly was not what happened here.

Thursday I believe. They cannot leave the package if it says do not safe drop, unless you have a community mailbox.

I had the same problem with a different game, turns out the guy dropped it off at the wrong house. I found out by asking the courier himself when he made a new delivery.

I had this happen with Destiny, but it was just a delivery note that was left at the wrong house. It would be weird if the delivery person left 4 packages, 3 days in a row, at the wrong house. My mail also goes to a community mailbox when I am not home, so I cannot ask him.

Well, I just called Microsoft and was told the price cut will be available from Nov 2nd, and that if I bought today I could go in with the receipt after that date for partial refund.
To avoid the refund thing, maybe the store staff already applies the cut.

Sorry for the strange question but I'm a little confused with all the Xbox price drop threads. For canada, is it $349 with halo collection? Or sunset? Or neither? And it starts after Nov 2?

I would so jump on $349 with Halo :)

mdubs

Banned
Sorry for the strange question but I'm a little confused with all the Xbox price drop threads. For canada, is it $349 with halo collection? Or sunset? Or neither? And it starts after Nov 2?

I would so jump on $349 with Halo :)

There is no Halo bundle.
There is a now $349:
-Sunset Overdrive Bundle
-Assassin's Creed Unity without Kinect bundle,

and for $449:
-Call of Duty AW 1TB HD Bundle
-Assassin's Creed Unity with Kinect Bundle.

Plus the existing Forza 5 sku.

Top Bottom