• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

There is no Halo bundle.
There is a now $349:
-Sunset Overdrive Bundle
-Assassin's Creed Unity without Kinect bundle,

and for $449:
-Call of Duty AW 1TB HD Bundle
-Assassin's Creed Unity with Kinect Bundle.

Plus the existing Forza 5 sku.

I thought this wasn't confirmed for Canada?

Any good deals on CoD Advanced Warfare on PS4?

Anyone want to share a screenshot of any cheap E3 pre-orders for it? Yes it works, did it for plenty of games before.

Brofield

Just stopped at Shopper's today, and I noticed they had the PS4 with TLOUR for $450...I remember the price of the PS4 getting raised a while back, but is this a good deal? I'm only just signing up for an Optimum card now so I can hopefully get some points and save some coin

Returners

SSReborn

Just stopped at Shopper's today, and I noticed they had the PS4 with TLOUR for $450...I remember the price of the PS4 getting raised a while back, but is this a good deal? I'm only just signing up for an Optimum card now so I can hopefully get some points and save some coin

That's the normal ps4 and price, Last of Us is bundled into PS4's in Canada by default now.

Lexxism

They currently have the 20x event(you need the coupon). 450 * 200 = 90000 pts. Which is equivalent to $200 during mega redemption day?

nordique

The Xbox One price cut being in Canada too contradicts dozens of sources who asked Microsoft for clarification and were told no. I will be so pissed at them for not announcing it with the US promotion, as I just bought the Sunset Overdrive bundle today from ebgames and I know they will do nothing for me with regards to a $50 price cut.

I also had a chat with MS...they actually told me it could be combined with the trade-in deal, which is supposed to end Nov 2, 2014 but I was told it now ends Dec 31, 2014....

There is some misinformation going around, but one this for sure is we get the 50$ drop too

Sora_N

They currently have the 20x event(you need the coupon). 450 * 200 = 90000 pts. Which is equivalent to $200 during mega redemption day?

Actually need 95,000 but 5,000 is not that hard to get I guess.

The coupon points are added Nov. 12th.

I'm gonna help my friend grab a 3DS XL and I'll get 25,000 or so points. :)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Why did I buy 4 3DS games when I have so many E3 orders showing up over the next few days/weeks?

Haven't even found the time to play Bayonetta or Sunset Overdrive properly.

Sweet Ivy

Sorry for the strange question but I'm a little confused with all the Xbox price drop threads. For canada, is it $349 with halo collection? Or sunset? Or neither? And it starts after Nov 2?

I would so jump on $349 with Halo :)
I went to the MS store (and same info was given me when I called earlier on) and they would sell the Sunset bundles for $399, however, after Nov 2nd they will give you a partial refund if you go back with your receipt.
When is the Halo bundle releasing? If it's within the time-frame of the price cut, it's likely to be valid for that too.

I had my Sunset bundles pre-ordered at EBGames and they told they'll likely match that :). Otherwise I can always return and get it from MS.

I don't think there is an official Halo bundle for the Xbox One that is announced. A retailer could bundle it with the console or another bundle but this holiday bundles are just with Sunset Overdrive, COD: AW and Assassins Creed: Unity.

Would anyone who got/is getting the Sunset bundle be interested in trading the Sunset code for an AC Unity code? I want, Sunset, but want a black system, so I was going to get the AC bundle and try to sell/trade the code.

i-Jest

Future Shop is having 50% off used 3DS games today, and BB has 50% off used Wii U games. Everything good is basically out of stock, but somehow there are still two copies of OOT3D available: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=ab4094afbec3a32eee4a9277594f9d02en02

Also, a whole bunch of copies of NSMBU: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=eb0dcc0f16e8c40ea06d6347ad846e8fen02

Damnit! Why am I always to late for these bargain bin deals? Welp. Congrats to those who got 3D Land and Ocirina Of Time for a steal.

ElNino

Future Shop is having 50% off used 3DS games today, and BB has 50% off used Wii U games. Everything good is basically out of stock, but somehow there are still two copies of OOT3D available: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=ab4094afbec3a32eee4a9277594f9d02en02

Also, a whole bunch of copies of NSMBU: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=eb0dcc0f16e8c40ea06d6347ad846e8fen02
Thanks. I was able to grab ZombieU (again), Arkham City and Just Dance for $7.50 each.

Edit: I should add that I was just looking for Just Dance 2014 for my son as he plays it at school and wanted it for home as well. I was going to grab either of the Xbox (360 or One) versions simply for the Kinect support, but I don't think I would have been able to find them this cheap.

Tapejara

Do we have any confirmation of The Order 1886 Premium Edition not coming to Canada? I just got a promotional e-mail from Sony advertising the Collector's Edition, but there was no mention of the Premium Edition.

nordique

just wanted to update my previous post for those who are interested in Xbox one deal, and if you have a microsoft store in your area (I am in Calgary)

I called the MS store and confirmed a few things:

- Regarding the 100$ Xbox 360/PS3 trade in offer expires, I was told that it no longer ends on Nov 2, it now ends Dec 31
- The 50$ discount will come to Canadians Nov 2
- The 100$ trade in works towards any Xbox One console, including the bundles (I was originally told it would only apply to the non-bundled systems)
- you can combine the 50$ off with the 100$ trade, so potentially get 150$ off in total

This might push me towards the Sunset bundle, and maybe others too.

i-Jest

just wanted to update my previous post for those who are interested in Xbox one deal, and if you have a microsoft store in your area (I am in Calgary)

- Regarding the 100$ Xbox 360/PS3 trade in offer expires, I was told that it no longer ends on Nov 2, it now ends Dec 31
- The 100$ trade in works towards any Xbox One console, including the bundles (I was originally told it would only apply to the non-bundled systems)
- you can combine the 50$ off with the 100$ trade, so potentially get 150$ off in total

HOLYSHIT.

WE'RE GETTING THE $50 OFF? OH. OH NO I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER CONSOLE NOW

... Where's the Halo Bundle...

Lexxism

DS4 for 39.99? Holy shit.
the-source-flyer-october-30-to-november-12-10.JPG

Wow. I would probably actually do this if the nearest MS Store wasn't 2 hours away.

On the other hand, I have an update on my Canada Post situation. All 4 packages that weren't delivered got delivered today. I have no idea why they were delivered today, but it is a good thing they were. My one used game from FS came in a Wii cases even though it is a Wii U game, so that is quite sad.

Wait is the $50 discount only at MS stores??

i-Jest

$17.99 and up, I believe. The normal price for PS+ 3-month cards is $17.99, if I remember correctly, so I don't think any of the cards are on sale.

Oh. Okay. Was blinded by residual full year PS+ boxing day deal hype. GAWD. I hope that comes around again. Those PS4 controller prices doe? Mah GAWD. Might just be time to cop a third.

Ventara

I see a lot of people talking about the X1. Can someone give me the rundown on this deal? Is the final price gonna be $250?

Edit: Oh wait, you need to trade in a 360/PS3. So what, it's $350? I guess I'll pass.

Top Bottom