• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

amrod

On amazon.ca

Final Fantasy XIII-3 Lighting Returns
Price: CDN$ 39.99 & FREE Shipping.
You Save: CDN$ 20.00 (33%)

Anth0ny

On amazon.ca

Final Fantasy XIII-3 Lighting Returns
Price: CDN$ 39.99 & FREE Shipping.
You Save: CDN$ 20.00 (33%)

fuck that was fast

still gonna wait until they release the inevitable FFXIII trilogy box set... then wait until that is $19.99 or less

Kunohara

Anybody having problems loading amazon.ca? It is really slow and even trying amazon.com is slow. Just wanna know if it is just me or not.

Luigi87

Ugh, I ordered a rather substantial package from Japan (shipping alone was $60), and checking my tracking history from this morning:
Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review.

-_-

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Reading a thread over on the DSLReports forums, it looks like some fibre got cut that affected a bunch of CDNs (like Amazon, Facebook)

The issue the other night was on Rogers end.
Is YouTube one of them?

Getting more stuttering than usual (I'm on ACN though).

Ugh, I ordered a rather substantial package from Japan (shipping alone was $60), and checking my tracking history from this morning:

-_-

Yeah, that always sucks. It's going to be held up in customs for a bit. It seems rather random for me as well. I've had expensive car parts fly through no problems. JDM car magazine? Arrives late with customs tape on the package.

kennah

Was going to start planning out my custom rig to order from Canadacomptuers, only to have their entire gaming side disappear because the "configuration" is not available... wait it out?

If you don't mind me asking, what are you planned specs? I haven't built a PC since college and I'm jealous :p

Ditto. My PC has parts going as far back as 2004. Looking to be around the $1500 range, Not sure if I should go i7 or i5
Join us in the "I need a new pc thread" friends or pm me for advice/help. We are in a pc golden age.

So I tried to pay my Rogers bill via the iPhone app, and it said "Process cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later." So I did it two more times, and when I checked my credit card... I was charged thrice. Is there anything I can do to get my money back? FWIW, I'm with CIBC for that card.

-Deimos

So I tried to pay my Rogers bill via the iPhone app, and it said "Process cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later." So I did it two more times, and when I checked my credit card... I was charged thrice. Is there anything I can do to get my money back? FWIW, I'm with CIBC for that card.

Rookie mistake! Call CIBC I guess. Or Rogers. Or both.

Chatin

I'm tight on money outside my remaining E3 preorders, but I'm excited to pick up Dangan Ronpa once it isn't grossly overpriced.

Ondore

Is this the part where I suggest going digital to at least save on the sales tax? Because Danganronpa is worth the $40.

ohlawd

oh man and I only just got away from that DR vs VLR thread, too!

Go there lol. My main criticisms are the crap murders and plot points, one-note characters and terrible courtroom battles. But to be fair, my expectations weren't high to begin with. Ace Attorney + Zero Escape sounds like something no one can do unless someone took so much drugs their brain power soared to scary heights.

I'm still buying DR2. If I end up liking that, great. If not, I'm out of the series forevah.

Join us in the "I need a new pc thread" friends or pm me for advice/help. We are in a pc golden age.

I am also somewhat on the market, already have a SSD, 750W PS, 1440p monitor, also a case but I'll probably end up upgrading it. Just wish I got some ram while it was cheap lol.

oh man and I only just got away from that DR vs VLR thread, too!

Go there lol. My main criticisms are the crap murders and plot points, one-note characters and terrible courtroom battles. But to be fair, my expectations weren't high to begin with. Ace Attorney + Zero Escape sounds like something no one can do unless someone took so much drugs their brain power soared to scary heights.

I'm still buying DR2. If I end up liking that, great. If not, I'm out of the series forevah.
I don't think DR is perfect, but I think it's pretty great. It's too bad you didn't enjoy it.

I can say that DR2 is considered to be, almost universally, better than the first one. In a major way.

ohlawd

I don't think DR is perfect, but I think it's pretty great. It's too bad you didn't enjoy it.

I can say that DR2 is considered to be, almost universally, better than the first one. In a major way.
well I liked it enough to try the supposedly super awesome sequel. No one answered me in that thread tho. Is DR2 a direct sequel to DR1?

iphys

3DS XL for $150 at Shoppers on Sat/Sun ($170 rest of week). 18500 bonus points for spending $75 Sat-Tues makes that an even nicer deal.

New? PS4 in stock at:

- Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=c6ab8eafe3ff653803eae2dd82a3e49cen02
- Future Shop: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=b54d479edfebd60b97aeb3e316d35bd3en02
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00BJB9ZT6/

Looks like you can reserve in store as well. PS4 Camera is in stock as well for $65. Good luck!

They've been in stock pretty much everywhere now. Ive seen a Knack bundle in Shoppers as well for $450.

I'm guessing everybody wants to see it drop the $50 in price.

Herlihy Boy

Neo Member
So, I was checking Kijiji and saw an ad for someone selling a PS4 for $300. I figured it was someone with buyer's remorse. I replied to the ad and here's what I got in response:

Yes we will be shipping the PS4 for you by FedEx Express Courier and it takes 2days for delivery to your doorstep, the shipping charges is included in the fee already.

Brand New Play Station 4 500GB.....$350CAD

How many do you want to buy and where?

Kindly send your full delivery address and telephone number now.

Await your mail asap.

I'm pretty sure this is a scam right? What's their end game? I send them the money and they just don't send anything? The PS4's are stolen?

flkraven

So I am moving in 2 months and I have ordered the Cogeco 120Mbps package. What am I in for? Will be sharing with my brother, so will I be disappointed or will it be everything I dreamed of?

Top Bottom