• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

just wanted to update my previous post for those who are interested in Xbox one deal, and if you have a microsoft store in your area (I am in Calgary)

I called the MS store and confirmed a few things:

- Regarding the 100$ Xbox 360/PS3 trade in offer expires, I was told that it no longer ends on Nov 2, it now ends Dec 31
- The 50$ discount will come to Canadians Nov 2
- The 100$ trade in works towards any Xbox One console, including the bundles (I was originally told it would only apply to the non-bundled systems)
- you can combine the 50$ off with the 100$ trade, so potentially get 150$ off in total

This might push me towards the Sunset bundle, and maybe others too.
glad i waited a little bit to trade my black XB1 for the white sunset bundle :)

nordique

^ you should find out if that's the case!

Holy shit indeed.

So what they're saying is that we can give them our unused Xbox 360 that's sitting idle and collecting dust and on November 2nd pay them $249 to receive the Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle?

Yes, this is what I was told. i asked the person I spoke with several times to confirm if that's the case just to be sure. Hopefully they were not giving false info!

Either way Nov 2 I will likely try this out.

Wait is the $50 discount only at MS stores??

That should be with any store that carries the console, but I only called the local Microsoft store

I guess we shall all see Nov 2 if this ends up being the case. Hopefully!

SSReborn

just wanted to update my previous post for those who are interested in Xbox one deal, and if you have a microsoft store in your area (I am in Calgary)

I called the MS store and confirmed a few things:

- Regarding the 100$ Xbox 360/PS3 trade in offer expires, I was told that it no longer ends on Nov 2, it now ends Dec 31
- The 50$ discount will come to Canadians Nov 2
- The 100$ trade in works towards any Xbox One console, including the bundles (I was originally told it would only apply to the non-bundled systems)
- you can combine the 50$ off with the 100$ trade, so potentially get 150$ off in total

This might push me towards the Sunset bundle, and maybe others too.
Is it any PS3 because the last game I was planning to buy for it was persona 5 and now that there's no need I will do this. But I have a phatty.

Sweet Ivy

Well, I got my Sunset bundle from EBGames, and the store manager said they will likely match MS price reduction.
He also said they don't officially have a price protection policy, but he will make me a return-repurchase thing to grant the new price. Probably because I asked about this before grabbing my two pre-ordered bundles.

Not sure if I want to trade in my 360 or not. There are still some games on it that I like, although that number is smaller now that Bayonetta is on the WiiU I guess.

Looking at used 360s around the area, I think we would be better off with just selling them than giving them to M$ for $100, then again selling shit on kijiji or eBay is not exactly pleasant.

Looking at used 360s around the area, I think we would be better off with just selling them than giving them to M$ for $100, then again selling shit on kijiji or eBay is not exactly pleasant.

If I only had a 360, I'd just go to MS Store. Trouble is, I also have like 8 games I want to get rid of, and I know EB will give me like $20 for all of them. So I'm better off to try and sell it all in one bundle.

MDSLKTR

Anybody dealing with acanac in Montreal? How is the service? After 7 years I finally fucked off from bell because of their bullshit raises, I looked around and acanac seems the best value + unlimited data

Ryde3

hey everyone not sure if there's a thread for this, but I love this thread SO: I Got 2 extra Evolve Alpha codes for PS4, PM me if you want 1.

edit: all gone, sorry dudes.

Target has a deal where you can pre order CoD Advanced Warfare for $1 and get a $5 Target gift card that can be used towards the game as you get the card when you preorder.

Razdek

Banned
Bought a SO bundle even though I already have an XBone so hoping that the $50 off rumor is true. The white console one is really nice.

There's one opening soon in the Eaton's Centre, and I believe it's, ironically, where the Sony Store used to be.

Yep. It's opening sometime in November, and yeah the fact that it took the Sony Store's spot is kind of funny. They finally get to upgrade from that small booth near the escalators that go into the food court.

Returners

Yep. It's opening sometime in November, and yeah the fact that it took the Sony Store's spot is kind of funny. They finally get to upgrade from that small booth near the escalators that go into the food court.

November 20-something IIRC.

And yeah, finally something to compete against the busy Apple Store.

Yorkdale is hilarious, they're so close to each other.

RS4-

Maybe, I wonder if they will take just the console or if they want cables, boxes, etc. I guess someone has to try or read the fine print if they have one.

Power, video cables, controller and I believe the HDD depending on the model. Has to boot up, disc tray needs to open, etc etc.

Ricker

Anybody dealing with acanac in Montreal? How is the service? After 7 years I finally fucked off from bell because of their bullshit raises, I looked around and acanac seems the best value + unlimited data

Never heard of it...stick with Bell or did you try Videotron?

Looks like its prety much confirmed that BestBuy and EBGames are going to sell the X1 for 350 starting November 2nd...

http://www.game-focus.com/xbox-one-...83.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Canon

Banned
Picked up Tearaway, Killzone PS Vita and Fortune Street for $6.99 each at shoppers. Should've waited for a points day though.

RS4-

Why not see if Teksavvy works for you? Or electronicbox

espher

We wanted to let you know there's a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on June 12, 2014 (Order# x).

"Splatoon - Wii U"
Estimated ship date: January 04, 2016

What, that Dec 31 2015 placeholder date was a problem? :3

Montreal or Toronto?

Toronto.

I thought that as well but the Sony Store in Montreal is (was) near the escalators leading to the food court.

What a strange coincidence the old Sony store in the Eaton Center here in Torontp was only a bit further down from the escalators going down to the food court. Microsoft currently have humble little booth basically across from the escalators as well.

I think before the Eatons Center one opens, the only MS store in Toronto was the one in Yorkdale Mall, and the Eatons Center is closer to me. I guess I'll buy an Xbox One there. Now I kind of regret not getting those $50 360's from the EB Games Booth at Fan Expo cause I could have traded it in to get the XBone cheaper.

Would anyone who got/is getting the Sunset bundle be interested in trading the Sunset code for an AC Unity code? I want, Sunset, but want a black system, so I was going to get the AC bundle and try to sell/trade the code.

I'd be up for that! I want the white system but not sunset :) this could work out!

I'll message you next week once we know for sure the $349 - $100 trade in deal is on.

Top Bottom