• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

explodet

The company's not exactly looking that sunny mang. The Markville location went belly-up too.
That Toronto Sony store was ass. I don't think there was a single thing in there I couldn't get cheaper at a nearby store.
Not that I get anything Sony besides Playstation stuff or maybe headphones.

What, that Dec 31 2015 placeholder date was a problem? :3
I got the same message for Yoshi. Maybe it's an exchange rate thing?

Jachaos

I'm hesitating between grabbing an Xperia Z3 Compact and an iPhone 6. So what's the best choice for me guys, if I grab the iPhone 6:

- Drop 860$ for it unlocked and get a Fido 2GB plan at 60$ -10% (for having an unlocked phone) so 54$/month
- Drop 375$ for it with 2 year contract and get the same plan but at 75$/month

I tried calculating and it seems I'd save around 30$ if I grabbed it unlocked, but what other benefits are there? Traveling?

RS4-

I'm hesitating between grabbing an Xperia Z3 Compact and an iPhone 6. So what's the best choice for me guys, if I grab the iPhone 6:

- Drop 860$ for it unlocked and get a Fido 2GB plan at 60$ -10% (for having an unlocked phone) so 54$/month

I tried calculating and it seems I'd save around 30$ if I grabbed it unlocked, but what other benefits are there? Traveling?

I'd go for the month to month, you'd be free to move to any carrier you want if something better comes along. But that initial cost is just killer.

Firestorm

Traveling is a big one imo. It's so much nicer to just stick in a T-Mobile SIM card when in the US and have unlimited data/voice/text for $3 a day whenever you need.

Jachaos

Thanks for your input guys, if I go iPhone 6, I probably will get it unlocked then (Z3 Compact I would get unlocked anyway). I got a nice unexpected extra disposable this month so the up-front cost I can afford right now.

MesH

Looking for a code for Evolve for PS4 if any one has an extra one you could PM me, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

So what are the plans for midnight launches for CoD Advanced warfare for various retailers?

It also seems that Target won't be doing the day zero edition despite taking preorders and giving a $5 GC for doing so. Really weird, was going to go with them even without a midnight launch but waiting an extra day to save $5 isn't worth it.

Edit: Seems their flyer for this week says Day Zero Edition available Monday. Don't know what the fuck the staff are taking about. I'll have to call them today. Again.

Swhalen

Where can you buy the z3 in Canada?

kasane

i guess im just gonna hold off on buying nba

or do i just buy it and return it before the 7th

whats targets policy on game returns

edit; just gonna wait. im so impatient

Luigi87

i guess im just gonna hold off on buying nba

or do i just buy it and return it before the 7th

whats targets policy on game returns

Games, Music, and Movies can only be returned within 30 days if sealed, or exchanged for the same product if open (though can be for a different platform).

$860 + $54 x 24 months = $2156
$375 + $75 x 24 months + $50 unlocking fee = $2225
I calculate a savings of $69 buying the phone upfront.

Howardsforums has an extensive thread about getting a Koodo Manitoba plan for $55/month (unlimited talk, text, with 4 or 5 GB/month). If you live in Ottawa or Quebec, you can go with Videotron for $80/month. Unlimited nationwide talk, text and 6 GB/month. I think $74/month gets you 4 GB. This gets you a subsidized iPhone 6.

Cheers

The guy who posted the thread said it should run for a week.

Well damn! Then I could get Assassins Creed Unity, The Master Chief Collection and Advanced Warfare.

It is new releases as well? No restrictions?

It would end up being cheaper than the $15 off E3 preorders I have for each.

Well damn! Then I could get Assassins Creed Unity, The Master Chief Collection and Advanced Warfare.

It is new releases as well? No restrictions?

It would end up being cheaper than the $15 off E3 preorders I have for each.

Haven't heard anything saying otherwise, I imagine you're good.

Target deal is great. Only trouble is, Target's selection (and stock amount) fucking sucks, and battling the pathetic folks at RFD means your chances of finding quality titles is basically zip.

antibolo

Banned
Target deal is great. Only trouble is, Target's selection (and stock amount) fucking sucks, and battling the pathetic folks at RFD means your chances of finding quality titles is basically zip.

Yeah it's pretty bad. Also I don't like buying games at a store where they lock all their games behind a glass panel. I don't feel like I'm not welcome there, it's like they assume that everyone who's into video games is a potential shoplifter.

ohlawd

Target deal would be so good if it went up to the 18th ;_;

iunno guys, doing returns tho I might be able to game the system but too lazy to do that. I still have those shop.ca coupons anyway. Just gonna use them after Black Friday.

Lexxism

With how the OP worded the B2G1, wonder if they will allow me to buy Wii Sports Club + Infamous SS and get Hyrule Warriors for free? Damn, probably the best time to buy it.

With how the OP worded the B2G1, wonder if they will allow me to buy Wii Sports Club + Infamous SS and get Hyrule Warriors for free? Damn, probably the best time to buy it.

You would get whichever game is cheapest free. That's how these things usually work.

I'd go for the month to month, you'd be free to move to any carrier you want if something better comes along. But that initial cost is just killer.

Traveling is a big one imo. It's so much nicer to just stick in a T-Mobile SIM card when in the US and have unlimited data/voice/text for $3 a day whenever you need.

I've been going no contact the past few years with a 10% off from Virgin. The convenience of having an unlocked device and if you're anything like me who loves to upgrade devices every now and then, I think it's definitely worth going for the factory unlocked option with any phone, not just with iPhone. Even better if you're a traveler to the states because you can just pop a SIM in there and you're good to go.

Where can you buy the z3 in Canada?

Yeah, I'm having trouble finding the Compact as well (unlocked).

Sony store had them directly but I think they can be had for cheaper if you import them. I remember seeing a huge thread on RFD about it.

Lexxism

oKJgsq6.png

They also 2% cashback on ebates.ca.

Dazzler

I've given up on trying to get any deals outside of the E3 pre-order deals.

You're battling the scum on RFD and they'll always go the extra mile to get it

This is why I like living in a smaller city. We have a Future Shop, Wal Mart, Target, etc. the main retailers. So I rarely have this issue and usually I am the ones educating these retailers of the deals they have... hahaha

Same here, I used to check it religiously , but after countless times of lining up with people that arrive at 2 am for deals, seeing hoarders proudly posting pictures of them "cleaning up" stores and selling shit on Kijiji, Im done, I felt like a fool.

Only check this thread now, yeah Im late for most deals but it also means Im not dealing with any bullshit.

Also started noticing that companies kind of "game" RFD to try to sell people on stuff that isnt even discounted, its all around a bad place honestly.

zroid

Banned
My Canada Deals GAF friends... I humbly present to you the GREATEST deal of ALL TIME

I can't believe brand new copies of this game are still in the wild

Sealtest

So... does mcdonalds no longer have streetpass for nintendo? I tried taking part of the streetpass weekend at 2 this morning and got nothing.

zroid

Banned
So... does mcdonalds no longer have streetpass for nintendo? I tryed taking part of the streetpass weekend at 2 this morning and got nothing.

I haven't gotten a McDonalds relay to work in a few months. Best Buy works though (Future Shop too, I think?)

Top Bottom