• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

I shouldn't expect to get my Smash/GC Controller/Adapter bundle on the Friday should I?

First time ordering from EB and I really have no hope for it

Quick

Banned
I generally have good experiences at EB Games.

The only reason I haven't gone 100% digital is because of trade-ins. I have a pretty good rotating system going, so my trade-ins paid for my pre-orders with plenty of credit left over to gety more new games. The only game I had to pay for in full was Assassin's Creed Unity, but thanks to the E3 sale, it was only $55 in total (I ended up cancelling most of my E3 pre-orders, and the price didn't adjust back to full).

krae_man

Complete series of Firefly on Bluray for $8?

Buy that shit if you haven't already.

Edit: My mistake it's $8.99. Still buy it damn you.

bryt

Is it possible to return something I ordered online at ebgames.ca to a physical store? I accidentally ordered two copies of Tales of Hearts R somehow and would like to return one.

Varshes

Is it possible to return something I ordered online at ebgames.ca to a physical store? I accidentally ordered two copies of Tales of Hearts R somehow and would like to return one.

Yup, you can do that, just bring the shipping label receipt thingy.

i-Jest

Does this work as a replacement PS4 hard drive? I planned to get one on Black Friday. Do you think there will be better deals than this?

PS4? No clue. Wii U? I think so. I'm not sure about he criteria one must follow when looking for these things. IMO decent TB HD deals are a little uncommon. I think I got my same HD for around that price from Futureshop around February this year.

PS4? No clue. Wii U? I think so. I'm not sure about he criteria one must follow when looking for these things. IMO decent TB HD deals are a little uncommon. I think I got my same HD for around that price from Futureshop around February this year.

OK, thanks. Would be great if someone else could let me know whether it works for PS4. Might get it then. $80 for 2 TB seems pretty good.

Returners

OK, thanks. Would be great if someone else could let me know whether it works for PS4. Might get it then. $80 for 2 TB seems pretty good.

PS4 works with any 2.5 inch SATA drive, recommended is 5400 RPM I think.

I was looking at these external hard drives because they are almost in line with the OEM drives prices I saw at canada computers.

It seems pretty big in unboxings, might be a 3.5 inch drive which doesn't work for sure.

PS4 works with any 2.5 inch SATA drive, recommended is 5400 RPM I think.

I was looking at these external hard drives because they are almost in line with the OEM drives prices I saw at canada computers.

It seems pretty big in unboxings, might be a 3.5 inch drive which doesn't work for sure.

Thanks for the explanation. Seems a bit odd that the size isn't mentioned in the product description. Too bad that this one is too big - the price was right. Hopefully I can get one that is 2.5 inches for a similar price on Black Friday.

Arzehn

Hm...

The PSN store on my PC suddenly started loading into en-ca instead of en-us.I also noticed that the Canadian site has it's own game ratings (ie Freedom Wars). Did it always do this and my cookies were just messed or did they change something recently. I'm worried they might tax us on PSN now, lol.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ca/home/main

My Vita still loads the US version of the store (gots more game ratings).

Complete series of Firefly on Bluray for $8?

Buy that shit if you haven't already.

Edit: My mistake it's $8.99. Still buy it damn you.

Nice. I missed it on TV and have wanted to see it for a while.

I wonder why their listing for Serenity says "Version française" though. As far as I know QC doesn't get their own releases so it should just be the typical "French version included" sticker on the case, but it's weird they'd add that to the title. Don't think I've ever see it before.

jholmes

zroid

Banned
Finally have 100k optimum points again, after spending them all earlier this year.

I'm ready for the New 3DS now, Nintendo! C'mon!

Just to confirm:

FS has a "buy 2 3DS games over 35$ and save 10$" deal.
I can buy a game I want and preorder a game I don't care about (or that will never come out, like Tekken).
In cart the 10$ off is applied to the first game.
Whenever the first game is shipped, I can cancel the remaining order.
I can do this any number of times and buy any 3DS games for 25-30$?

If that's true, so much for the Target deal, this is about as good considering the time factor and the hoarders. Heck, it's almost as good as the E3 preorder deal also.

flkraven

I scored Ryse from SDM yesterday for $19.99. Looks like they are clearing it out. I know it's probably shit, but I need a graphical showcase game for my system.

Hm...

The PSN store on my PC suddenly started loading into en-ca instead of en-us.I also noticed that the Canadian site has it's own game ratings (ie Freedom Wars). Did it always do this and my cookies were just messed or did they change something recently. I'm worried they might tax us on PSN now, lol.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ca/home/main

My Vita still loads the US version of the store (gots more game ratings).

It's been doing this for a while for me. It's probably because the Canadian Playstation store has higher prices for some items. I get the US version of the store if I don't sign in with my Canadian account.

Dazzler

I scored Ryse from SDM yesterday for $19.99. Looks like they are clearing it out. I know it's probably shit, but I need a graphical showcase game for my system.

I had a lot of fun with Ryse. $20 is the right price point for it. Play through it once and that's all you'll want really

reminder for Target starting this Friday, tommorow last day for B2G1 free deal

Target
Nov 14th-20th

- Buy GTA V or Far Cry 4 XB1/PS4 ($69.99 each) and get $10 giftcard

- Buy any PS4 console/Bundle get watch dogs free

-Buy any prepaid gaming card full price(psn+/xbl/eshop/ month subs) and get the other 20% off

Does this mean no good deals for boxing day either? All I want is an Xbox 1 with a free game that isn't assassins creed for less than 400

Sunset Overdrive bundle for $399? sell the game code for $50 on ebay if SO isnt your type of game

That's still regular price. It will definitely go on sale for $350 with a game by the end of the year.

I don't know man, the sunset overdrive bundle even though it's in stock everywhere right now, they aren't getting anymore shipments. It's sold out everywhere in the States.

If you just want an Xbox One under $400 with a game like you said, it's already there and yeah there will be another free game thrown in by a retailer before years end.

ohlawd

Sunset Overdrive's fucking good brehs. Anyone who has any interest in an Xbox One should get that bundle.

Wait... so buy 1 get another 20% off?

pretty much. buy one at full price, get the other 20% off. discount should apply to the lower priced one, I think.

Top Bottom