• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

reminder for Target starting this Friday, tommorow last day for B2G1 free deal

Sunset Overdrive bundle for $399? sell the game code for $50 on ebay if SO isnt your type of game

I remember you said the SSO bundle at Target wil be on sale for $369 but you didn't know when. Is this still the case?

That's still regular price. It will definitely go on sale for $350 with a game by the end of the year.

I wonder how much will be left by then. FS doesn't have it listed at all and BB is sold out online.

DaBoss

I just want to confirm this. If I were to get 4 $20 cards, then I would get 20% off on two of them, right? So I would save $8 in total?

Should I order my Wii U from the Nintendo website to get it refurbished for $200?

Or just go buy it in stores?

Has anyone gotten a refurb Wii U from Nintendo?

iphys

Should I order my Wii U from the Nintendo website to get it refurbished for $200?

I heard a lot of people complain about it taking forever to get them. Personally, I'd rather pick one up at Shoppers this Saturday, because the points from the 20x are worth about as much as you're saving getting the refurb, and you're getting Super Mario 3D World too.

I remember you said the SSO bundle at Target wil be on sale for $369 but you didn't know when. Is this still the case?

I wonder how much will be left by then. FS doesn't have it listed at all and BB is sold out online.

yeah, what i heard only ended up being $369.99 for the standard XB1 console at certain targets

I just want to confirm this. If I were to get 4 $20 cards, then I would get 20% off on two of them, right? So I would save $8 in total?

yep. plus if you have a redcard add 5% to each of the 2 cards on (20%) sale and the 2 full priced ones

Anyone happen to know some reputable mom & pop stores in Toronto that might have gtx 970s? I'd like the asus strix, but all the big retailers are out of stock.

I heard a lot of people complain about it taking forever to get them. Personally, I'd rather pick one up at Shoppers this Saturday, because the points from the 20x are worth about as much as you're saving getting the refurb, and you're getting Super Mario 3D World too.

No warranty with Shoppers tho

ohlawd

nah, just Canadians. Reading the posts in the first refurb thread, the majority were satisfied with delivery speed.

Anyone happen to know some reputable mom & pop stores in Toronto that might have gtx 970s? I'd like the asus strix, but all the big retailers are out of stock.

It's hard to find one of these, I guess the price ratio to performance makes it attractive and hence the demand outstrip the supply.

iphys

No warranty with Shoppers tho

Why would you need a warranty with Shoppers when Nintendo already gives you the warranty? Only problem is no returns on electronics at most Shoppers, which means you'd deal with Nintendo directly, which is identical to what would happen if you bought the refurb from Nintendo.

Savitar

My god. I had to share this since I'm so stunned.

You know how amazon.ca pretty much usually ships the day a game is released? Half the time has a bad habit of doing so in the evening, and some times will even wait until the day after?

It actually shipped my copy of WoW CE today despite it being out tomorrow.

I so did not expect that I stared at my email notification when I saw it.

It was like seeing a unicorn.

Why would you need a warranty with Shoppers when Nintendo already gives you the warranty? Only problem is no returns on electronics at most Shoppers, which means you'd deal with Nintendo directly, which is identical to what would happen if you bought the refurb from Nintendo.

You are right..

You are damn right.

My god. I had to share this since I'm so stunned.

You know how amazon.ca pretty much usually ships the day a game is released? Half the time has a bad habit of doing so in the evening, and some times will even wait until the day after?

It actually shipped my copy of WoW CE today despite it being out tomorrow.

I so did not expect that I stared at my email notification when I saw it.

It was like seeing a unicorn.

Are we ordering from the same Amazon.ca? They ship for release day less than half the time for me. I think the average delay so far this year for the games I've pre-ordered is a week or so. And I live in downtown Toronto.

Savitar

Are we ordering from the same Amazon.ca? They ship for release day less than half the time for me. I think the average delay so far this year for the games I've pre-ordered is a week or so. And I live in downtown Toronto.

Yup same amazon.ca

I never get anything shipped before the day it comes out. Always the day it's released, even then only in the evening or the day after...if not two or three.

So for me this was again, like seeing something mythic.

Moltenix

Is BestBuy still giving $35 for Destiny trade-ins? Their online estimator still says that but i'm not sure if it's accurate.

Got the game free with my XB1 and i'm like level 12 now. The game looks nice but it hasn't really got me hooked. I'm guessing things aren't likely to change much if I continue to level 20+. If I can still get $35 for it, i'd wouldn't mind putting it towards something like Dragon Age next week.

Btw, any trade-ins promos for trading in old-gen GTA5 towards next-gen? EB had something like that when TLoU Remastered came out but that wasn't $70.

Cactus

Banned
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Cineplex store is offering a free movie voucher for orders that are $19.99 or more, and two free vouchers for orders $29.99 or more.

I just ordered The Prestige, Snowpiercer and two vouchers for around $34 (after tax)

Big Chungus

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Cineplex store is offering a free movie voucher for orders that are $19.99 or more, and two free vouchers for orders $29.99 or more.

I just ordered The Prestige, Snowpiercer and two vouchers for around $34 (after tax)

Does it work for tv shows on blu ray?

Aske

Grabbed an MK8 WiiU today. Boom. Glad I jumped on it, because while the Walmart I hit had plenty of Super Mario 3D bundles, I got the last MK8 one.

Tried to get some games in the buy 2 get 1 sale at Target, but it was picked clean. Going to see if I can find the Wonderful 101 cheap at Futureshop.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

Thanks.

Just ordered Guardians of the Galaxy Blu-Ray with two vouchers - Amazing deal.

iphys

I think Cineplex had an even better deal last year if you waited for black friday. This deal is good till Dec 22nd, so might as well wait for black friday at least.

zroid

Banned
I think Cineplex had an even better deal last year if you waited for black friday. This deal is good till Dec 22nd, so might as well wait for black friday at least.

I'm not sure about Black Friday, but on Boxing Day they did 50% off virtually everything, plus an Admit One voucher if you spend $14.99 or more

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
you should look at Futureshop's Guardians steelbook

it's a cassette deck!

It's terrible though ;.;

The Captain America was so much better. I usually buy all Marvel Steelbooks but the Guardians of the Galaxy is just horrible to look at.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

For what it's worth I bought a 3DS XL from Nintendo and it's in perfect condition. Came pretty quickly too, a week I think.

I haven't seen it posted, but Future Shop has some games on clearance/sale.

Demon Gaze for PSV - $10
Etrian Odyssey IV for 3DS - $10
Fast & Furious for Wii U - $5
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge for Wii U - $5

They also had some other $5 Wii U games sold out at my local FS. I am sure I missed some games too, but Demon Gaze and Etrian Odyssey are both good deals for $10.

i-Jest

Sunset Overdrive's fucking good brehs. Anyone who has any interest in an Xbox One should get that bundle.

pretty much. buy one at full price, get the other 20% off. discount should apply to the lower priced one, I think.

My funds just won't allow for it atm. *sighs* Don't know how limited these things are but if I can a good deal sometime next year then for sure.

Demon Gaze for PSV - $10

They also had some other $5 Wii U games sold out at my local FS. I am sure I missed some games too, but Demon Gaze and Etrian Odyssey are both good deals for $10.

GAWD. I still have to go over to the Stock Yards and see what they have

zroid

Banned
I also saw Art Academy 3DS (not the Pokémon one) for $5 at FS the other day. They didn't have any in stock but the label on the shelf was still there.

edit: also Soul Sacrifice. $5 label on the shelf, but they were sold out.

Oh sweet! Got Guardians of the Galaxy and 22 Jump St! Their prices on both are actually really good as well, and shipping was free! Can't complain for two free movies!

I also saw Art Academy 3DS (not the Pokémon one) for $5 at FS the other day. They didn't have any in stock but the label on the shelf was still there.

edit: also Soul Sacrifice. $5 label on the shelf, but they were sold out.

Yeah, I also some Art Academy, but they had stock where I went. It is too bad their website doesn't show all of the games they do carry.

Jinto

Ugh, I was just on the phone with BB customer service for like 45 minutes trying to cancel some of my E3 orders. The dude was beyond useless. Guess I'll just wait for the games to ship and return them in store.

Sora_N

Ugh, I was just on the phone with BB customer service for like 45 minutes trying to cancel some of my E3 orders. The dude was beyond useless. Guess I'll just wait for the games to ship and return them in store.

Damn. I never had problems canceling. He must be new.

Yup same amazon.ca

I never get anything shipped before the day it comes out. Always the day it's released, even then only in the evening or the day after...if not two or three.

So for me this was again, like seeing something mythic.

Heh, what I was saying was that your usual expectation that Amazon.ca would actually ship on the day of release is what's mythic to me. Amazon.ca rarely manages to ship me a game that quickly. If they do, it's a huge surprise.

Demon Gaze for PSV - $10

I hope I can find EOIV, wasn't uber crazy about the demo, but for $10 that sounds good to me. :)

Also I want to find Amazing Spidey on Wii U (first one) for $10 but you can't check stores at FS. :(

zeitgeist

My funds just won't allow for it atm. *sighs* Don't know how limited these things are but if I can a good deal sometime next year then for sure.

GAWD. I still have to go over to the Stock Yards and see what they have

Just checked out Stockyards and they didn't have W101. I saw it was mentioned a few pages back.

Jinto

Damn. I never had problems canceling. He must be new.

Yeah, probably. That's why I just left the order as is. Didn't trust him to cancel without messing up the rest of my order. It would have been fine if he didn't know the answers to my questions, but he was pulling answers out of his ass.

Me: Hi, I would like to cancel some items from one of my orders. Here's the order number.

BB: For verification, can I get some information, and how much is the total of your order?

Me: Approx. $1080

BB: That's correct. It says the item, EA Sports UFC, has already shipped, so you can no longer cancel.

Me: Um, wanna double check that? I don't think the game costs over $1000 by itself.

BB: Ok, can I put you on hold?

BB: UFC is the only thing you ordered and it shipped already. Do you want me to create a new order?

Me: Not unless I get them for the same price as before and my previous order is canceled.

Goes on like that for over 10 minutes until he finally finds the rest of my order.

Me: Can you tell me the prices of all the games as I can’t access this particular order from your website.

BB: Yes, the prices are...

Me: Is that all of them? You seem to be missing some games like GTA V.

BB: Sorry, I didn’t realize there was more. The rest of the prices are...and GTA is $102.89.

Me: Is that for 1 copy or 2?

BB: That’s for only 1 copy.

Me: Can you check again because that’s double what it should cost.

BB: Sorry, yes, that’s for 2 copies.

Me: Is there a reason why I keep getting an error message when trying to access this particular order? The other ones seem to work fine. I know other people have had the same problem with orders over $1000.

BB: Let me check that for you. Yes, it’s because some of your items have already shipped, so you can’t check your orders anymore.

Me: You sure? I can check my other orders fine and some of those have shipped as well.

BB: Let me check that for you. It’s because our site is currently under maintenance. You will be able to check your orders after that.

Me: That doesn’t explain why I can check my other orders, and why it’s been like that for months.

BB: Yes, is there anything else I can help you with?

Me: Er...never mind. I’ll call back some other time or just return the items when I receive them.

Hopefully I won’t have any problems with returns, since I won’t be able to print off the receipts. :/

Top Bottom