• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Anybody know if the GameCube Adapter for Wii U is exclusive to EB or can we get it from other retailers too? I'm hoping that and the new GameCube controllers will be available on launch day.

Lexxism

Anybody know if the GameCube Adapter for Wii U is exclusive to EB or can we get it from other retailers too? I'm hoping that and the new GameCube controllers will be available on launch day.

No. It is also available at Amazon and Walmart. I haven't check the other retailers though

Jinto

Amazon has the adapter. I think only the bundle with game and controller is an EB exclusive.

Jinto

I'm pretty sure I'm buying an Xbox One this month. Just debating whether I should I buy the SO Bundle for $375, buy one from Shoppers this weekend during the 20x event, or wait until Black Friday.

Maximus.

Ugh, I was just on the phone with BB customer service for like 45 minutes trying to cancel some of my E3 orders. The dude was beyond useless. Guess I'll just wait for the games to ship and return them in store.

Yea calling them usually sucks. Once the person refused to fix a pricing error from a random online sale, and used every excuse in the book to justify why he shouldn't help me until he realized he was wrong. Wasted 30+ mins of my time. Other time had to update my credit card for some preorders and I had a feeling the rep fucked up because they didn't ask enough questions. Called back the next day and the rep was very helpful and said the person prior clearly messed up. Good thing I called back. I don't know why they have bad customer support on the phone in most cases that I've dealt with them.

i-Lo

Metro Redux is on sale on both PSN and Amazon canada. I am contemplating buying it but I have forgotten if the CA PSN store charges US dollars during the transaction since there is only a single NA store.

kasane

Metro Redux is on sale on both PSN and Amazon canada. I am contemplating buying it but I have forgotten if the CA PSN store charges US dollars during the transaction since there is only a single NA store.
What?

This is news to me

They charge you us???

farisr

What? No. They charge canadian dollars. Unless you've specifically set your account to US or something.Easiest way to tell, looks up Far Cry 4 on the store. If it's 69.99, that means you're getting charged Canadian dollars. If it's 59.99, that means US.

Jinto

Yea calling them usually sucks. Once the person refused to fix a pricing error from a random online sale, and used every excuse in the book to justify why he shouldn't help me until he realized he was wrong. Wasted 30+ mins of my time. Other time had to update my credit card for some preorders and I had a feeling the rep fucked up because they didn't ask enough questions. Called back the next day and the rep was very helpful and said the person prior clearly messed up. Good thing I called back. I don't know why they have bad customer support on the phone in most cases that I've dealt with them.

Yeah, next year I'm gonna pre-order everything from Amazon. The games might take longer to ship, but at least they have better customer service. They have price protection for E3 pre-orders too.

Where can you buy it for 375?

I have a $25 coupon for The Source I got when I purchased a DS4 from there last week.

Mikey Jr.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Cineplex store is offering a free movie voucher for orders that are $19.99 or more, and two free vouchers for orders $29.99 or more.

I just ordered The Prestige, Snowpiercer and two vouchers for around $34 (after tax)

I can't buy Pacific Rim on Bluray.

Lol, fuck that site.

i-Lo

What?

This is news to me

They charge you us???

No, I just checked again. Pardon my error.

What? No. They charge canadian dollars. Unless you've specifically set your account to US or something.Easiest way to tell, looks up Far Cry 4 on the store. If it's 69.99, that means you're getting charged Canadian dollars. If it's 59.99, that means US.

Ah, thanks.

iphys

Also, if you're planning to take part in the Cineplex movie ticket promo, there's a promo for buying Cineplex gift cards that gets you extras, and then you should be able to pay for your order with the Cineplex cards:

http://cineplex.com/Promos/giftpack/learnmore

None of the extras really interest me a great deal, but the $10 off a $40 Toysrus purchase in the spring might come in handy for picking up a few amiibo or pre-ordering Majora's Mask 3D or something.

Ugh, I was just on the phone with BB customer service for like 45 minutes trying to cancel some of my E3 orders. The dude was beyond useless. Guess I'll just wait for the games to ship and return them in store.

Ugh! Seems like it's all messed up with BB, I emailed them yesterday with a couple games to cancel and they never responded until now! Amazon looks so attractive sometimes with how crappy FS/BB websites are!

ElNino

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Cineplex store is offering a free movie voucher for orders that are $19.99 or more, and two free vouchers for orders $29.99 or more.

I just ordered The Prestige, Snowpiercer and two vouchers for around $34 (after tax)
Hmm, I was just about to do this and use the two movie tickets to take my son to see Big Hero 6 but it says the tickets can't be redeemed until January 1. I'll probably pass for now in that case.
But I'll still take my son to see Big Hero 6.

Megasoum

Banned
If anybody has a NVIDIA code for ACU/FC4/The Crew and want to get rid of it, I could paypal 40$ CAN easily.

I know this is more for the BST thread but it's flooded with people wanting those codes right now so I'm trying my luck with CanadaGAF.

The SO XB1 bundle is "limited", so get it while you can.

Yeah I've been saying that the last couple of pages. I was going to get on next week when I go to the States but seeing its sold out everywhere down south of the border, I just grabbed one here.

Wish I got an additional game like FH2 or MCC with it by the retailer. Oh well...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is BestBuy still giving $35 for Destiny trade-ins? Their online estimator still says that but i'm not sure if it's accurate.

Got the game free with my XB1 and i'm like level 12 now. The game looks nice but it hasn't really got me hooked. I'm guessing things aren't likely to change much if I continue to level 20+. If I can still get $35 for it, i'd wouldn't mind putting it towards something like Dragon Age next week.

Btw, any trade-ins promos for trading in old-gen GTA5 towards next-gen? EB had something like that when TLoU Remastered came out but that wasn't $70.
I think I got about 20-25 for my 360 copy of Destiny a few weeks back. X1/PS4 versions might be more but I doubt it.

Check tivs.ca for something more accurate.

FS got rid of my Watch Dogs Wii U order (yeah lols) hours after I emailed them about it. This was on the 8th.

Well, I emailed them again today and hopefully they will do it cause if they don't I'll keep the games for 29 days then return them Just to piss whoever is processing the return!

Jinto

Ugh! Seems like it's all messed up with BB, I emailed them yesterday with a couple games to cancel and they never responded until now! Amazon looks so attractive sometimes with how crappy FS/BB websites are!

You can't access some of your orders online either, right? Do they give you a hard time when you return the games without a receipt? I'm gonna be returning a few games this month.

farisr

Really? Wow, I've called in a few times to do this and never had any problems. Unless the games were already charged to your credit card and being prepared to ship out cancelling them should be no problem.

You can't access some of your orders online either, right? Do they give you a hard time when you return the games without a receipt? I'm gonna be returning a few games this month.

As long as you bring in the card it was charged to and the game is sealed no problem at all, it takes a little longer than a return with a receipt would take though.

Sora_N

Well, I emailed them again today and hopefully they will do it cause if they don't I'll keep the games for 29 days then return them Just to piss whoever is processing the return!

Lol you'll be the one who's pissed. A few years ago this manager gave me a hard time even though I had one day left and he couldn't count correctly. Moron.

emgeejay

You guys think there'll be a better Black Friday deal on PS4 hardware than Amazon's $450 Last of Us bundle with any other game for free? (It's ending tomorrow and a friend is tempted.)

Megasoum

Banned
?$/"%?$%?/$%?/$%?$/%?$/%?

So I cancelled my Origin Far Cry 4 order last night and decided to buy a NVIDIA promo code instead. Got one code from the BST thread this morning and redeemed it successfully on the NVIDIA website. It gave me a Ubi Store promo code that I then used on my cart to reduce the price to 0. I put the Season Pass in the cart at the same time since they were offering a 20% off promotion. I picked Paypal as my payment method. I went through the paypal website but then when it redirected me back to the Ubi Shop site my payment was declined for some reason.

I thought "Hmm that's weird... oh well I'll retry the transaction"... Yeah except that now my Promo code doesn't work anymore since I already used it...

So now I'm out of the game and the code.... I sent a ticket to Ubi support but I'm fucking pissed right now.

Tagg9

You guys think there'll be a better Black Friday deal on PS4 hardware than Amazon's $450 Last of Us bundle with any other game for free? (It's ending tomorrow and a friend is tempted.)

There will undoubtedly be a better bundle on Black Friday. But you're probably not going to save any more than $50 off the deal you mentioned.

DJ_Lae

Was planning to buy my family a Blu-ray player for Christmas and I see FutureShop has a sale on Sony players. The Wi-Fi payer is $80; any chance I could get a better deal on Black Friday?

Possibly, although you'd be within your return period so I'd go ahead and nab it now and if it drops later on just switch the return or something.

Costco seems to carry it for $10 more, regularly, so seeing lower prices wouldn't be unheard of. I wonder if that means it would be $80 in warehouse.

Lexxism

Canada might/will get the 399.99 + one game. We are going to be lucky if it's going to be two.

khaaan

Canada might/will get the 399.99 + one game. We are going to be lucky if it's going to be two.

That's a bummer, but I guess if I think of it as $350 American dollars + tax it's not so bad...I just really don't want Destiny, GTAV, COD or TLOU but I'm pretty sure if there's a bundle going on it'll be a pick from that set.

Anyone in Montreal want a sealed copy of the Sunset Overdrive? I got it from the E3 pre-orders of Best Buy and I already have one, so going to return this one unless someone wants to take it off my hands at cost.

Should be around $55.

Luigi87

If anything I'd expect the 7XX and 6XX series of GPUs to see deep(er) discounts. There's no way anyone's going to drop the price on the 970s for BF or even Boxing Day, IMO. Not while there are still older GPUs to clear out.

Pretty much this.
Especially adding on top with brands like ASUS' 970 constantly selling out at its full price.

... February... I will get one in February...
plus a whole new rig.

Seik

Banned
Welp, just got an email from The Source saying they cancelled my Wii U Pro Controller order because they were out of stock. :(

Too bad, it was the first thing I bought when they had that '-20$ on item that are worth more than 50$' deal...

At least I already have one, this was mostly for my friends.

Top Bottom