• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, just got an email from The Source saying they cancelled my Wii U Pro Controller order because they were out of stock. :(

Too bad, it was the first thing I bought when they had that '-20$ on item that are worth more than 50$' deal...

At least I already have one, this was mostly for my friends.

Same, damn.

I don't think I got a refund yet though, and I was charged.

Moltenix

Hmm, managed to get the $35 credit for XB1 Destiny at Best Buy after all. Didn't see anything online but turns out there was a Trade 2 for 70 this week (ends today).

Anyone know if I can add a gift card to a partially shipped E3 order? Nothing happens when I click to apply gift card.

Hawkmosis

Banned
Anyone else have problems with Shop.ca? I ordered two games so i could use the $40 paypal credit and it was canceled two days later for no reason, the Shop.ca rep said "I am so sorry about the frustrations you have gone through on this order - the explanation of why your order was cancelled is completely unclear and not satisfactory.

I am going to reach out to our merchant partner and find out precisely why this order was cancelled (it has been entirely cancelled) - I believe it may be due to the shipping address being a PO Box."

Ohh well.

Also, I have a spare AC IV: Black Flag code for Xbox One (already have it on ps4) so if anyone with an Xbox one hopefully in British Columbia wants to PM your xbox name so i can give you this game and hopefully play some multi player with you in the future!

Lexxism

Hmm, managed to get the $35 credit for XB1 Destiny at Best Buy after all. Didn't see anything online but turns out there was a Trade 2 for 70 this week (ends today).

Anyone know if I can add a gift card to a partially shipped E3 order? Nothing happens when I click to apply gift card.

If you can't add manually, you need to call their customer service.

Also got a cancellation email from The Source. I think I'm going to call and complain: no communication that it was backordered or anything, just an order confirmation and then nothing for over a month.

I ordered the white one but the black one is still on their website. Going to try to get that colour.

theRizzle

I am going to reach out to our merchant partner and find out precisely why this order was cancelled (it has been entirely cancelled) - I believe it may be due to the shipping address being a PO Box."

I have this problem all the time since I live in Nunavut, and there is no mail delivery at all. Everything has to come to your P.O. Box. I just started making up fake addresses, like "123456789 Fake Address Way" and stuff. As long as the P.O. Box was also on the shipping address, I always got it.

DaBoss

Didn't receive an e-mail about the black Wii U Pro controller. I called The Source the other day (I think Tuesday) with a number that someone posted here (thanks for that). They said it would be delivered to the closest store within the next 5 business days, so just waiting for them to call when it is ready to pick up.

Hawkmosis

Banned
I have this problem all the time since I live in Nunavut, and there is no mail delivery at all. Everything has to come to your P.O. Box. I just started making up fake addresses, like "123456789 Fake Address Way" and stuff. As long as the P.O. Box was also on the shipping address, I always got it.

Alright I'm going to try that out if I use them again, I think my auto Paypal discount is gone tho......

Jinto

Welp, just got an email from The Source saying they cancelled my Wii U Pro Controller order because they were out of stock. :(

Too bad, it was the first thing I bought when they had that '-20$ on item that are worth more than 50$' deal...

At least I already have one, this was mostly for my friends.

I called them regarding my controller and game. They found stores which had them in stock and shipped the items to a store close to me. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them since. My card was charged at that time too. I need to call them again tomorrow.

Seik

Banned
I called them regarding my controller and game. They found stores which had them in stock and shipped the items to a store close to me. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them since. My card was charged at that time too. I need to call them again tomorrow.

Well I just called them earlier after I posted this, because I went on their website and it said that there was a new batch coming for November 14th.

The CSR I catched seemed confused as hell, but in the end he made a new order for another controller for the same price. I'm happy. :D

iphys

According to the EB Games web site the first two waves of amiibo have sold out of pre-orders. Meanwhile, Toys R Us, Best Buy, Futureshop, and Walmart don't even have the 2nd wave up for pre-order yet. Is this just EB Games limiting pre-orders because they're hoping to "recycle" them for greater profit, or are these things seriously going to sell out right away? Just wondering if I should pre-order from amazon.ca or not, because I was kind of hoping to see them in store to decide what to get, but I'm pretty sure I want to get Little Mac and Pit.

Jinto

Well I just called them earlier after I posted this, because I went on their website and it said that there was a new batch coming for November 14th.

The CSR I catched seemed confused as hell, but in the end he made a new order for another controller for the same price. I'm happy. :D

That's good lol. Yeah, just checked their website and they don't have the white ones anymore, which is what I ordered. I'll ask them about that tomorrow. Whatever, don't really need the controller either. With the Gamecube adapter coming out, I have way too many controllers that work with the Wii U anyway. I want my game though. Skipped out on the Target B2G1 free deal because I thought Tropical Freeze was already coming.

Dr.brain64

The third wave of amiibo on amazon!!

Though I did not find:

lucario
shulk
meta knight
rosalina.

If I understand they are releasing at a later date and/or are retailer exclusives right?

So, my copy of Assassin's Creed: Unity from Amazon.ca hasn't shipped out yet so I decided to contact Customer Service since all of friends, and even my brother, who ordered the game after the E3 sale have had their copies arrive today (shipped out on Tuesday).

I contacted support and asked them when they expect my copy of the game to ship out. I explained to the person that a bunch of my friend's copies have already shipped out (and arrived). The customer service representative told me that it's "Impossible" that the copies have shipped out since for my friends and family because Amazon hasn't received their initial stock and isn't expected to arrive until November 14th, 2015.

I told the representative that you are mistaken since the game was released on November 11th, and a bunch of people I know have had their copies arrive today, and was shipped out on Tuesday. So you guys have had stock, but maybe sold out and awaiting more. And he said I was mistaken about my friends having the games. So I supplied the CS agent with my friend's Order # and Tracking Number # and the CS agent said that I'm a liar and these are not real order numbers. Boy was I furious. So I stayed calm and asked, when can I expect my game to ship out. The rep then said:

"Your game should ship out with the other game in your order, which is Uncharted 4: A Thief's End so in 2016".

I politely said thanks and quit the online chat. I can't believe that the CS rep called me a liar, despite sending them proof of valid orders that have shipped out.

After these E3 orders are finally completed, I am officially done dealing with Amazon.ca until they have their stuff sorted out properly. I've never had an issue with any of the other Amazon sites (.com, .co.uk, .de, .fr, .co.jp, .it) and it's only the Canadian branch that seems to screw everything up.

Sorry to rant, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had issues with Amazon with this damn E3 sale.

Jinto

PlayStation TV + DS3 + Lego Movie = $99.99 @ Amazon.ca

[url="http://www.amazon.ca/Sony-Computer-Entertainment-3000469-PlayStation/dp/B00KFS3PN6]PlayStation TV only for 79.99[/url]

Figured it would be on sale pretty quickly. I bought one even knowing that and don't regret it one bit. Doesn't matter what people say about it, everyone thinking about buying one should at this price, especially if you need an extra DS3.

Edit: Or they can wait until it's even cheaper, which it probably will be. lol

Ventara

So, my copy of Assassin's Creed: Unity from Amazon.ca hasn't shipped out yet so I decided to contact Customer Service since all of friends, and even my brother, who ordered the game after the E3 sale have had their copies arrive today (shipped out on Tuesday).

I contacted support and asked them when they expect my copy of the game to ship out. I explained to the person that a bunch of my friend's copies have already shipped out (and arrived). The customer service representative told me that it's "Impossible" that the copies have shipped out since for my friends and family because Amazon hasn't received their initial stock and isn't expected to arrive until November 14th, 2015.

I told the representative that you are mistaken since the game was released on November 11th, and a bunch of people I know have had their copies arrive today, and was shipped out on Tuesday. So you guys have had stock, but maybe sold out and awaiting more. And he said I was mistaken about my friends having the games. So I supplied the CS agent with my friend's Order # and Tracking Number # and the CS agent said that I'm a liar and these are not real order numbers. Boy was I furious. So I stayed calm and asked, when can I expect my game to ship out. The rep then said:

"Your game should ship out with the other game in your order, which is Uncharted 4: A Thief's End so in 2016".

I politely said thanks and quit the online chat. I can't believe that the CS rep called me a liar, despite sending them proof of valid orders that have shipped out.

After these E3 orders are finally completed, I am officially done dealing with Amazon.ca until they have their stuff sorted out properly. I've never had an issue with any of the other Amazon sites (.com, .co.uk, .de, .fr, .co.jp, .it) and it's only the Canadian branch that seems to screw everything up.

Sorry to rant, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had issues with Amazon with this damn E3 sale.

Whoa, that's a terrible experience you had there. O would've asked to speak to their supervisor. That's certainly not how their supposed to handle things as far as I'm aware.

d1ddy

You guys think there will be another deal at EB games like the trade 5 games get 100$ towards a Xbox one/Playstation 4? I wish I took advantage of that :/

FrsDvl

Anyone posted the deals from the new target flyer yet?

All cards psn XBL eshop etc is buy one get one 20% off!

Also 10 dollar giftcard with gta v and farcry 4.

And toys rus has buy 2 save 15%, buy 3 save 20% on all games.

Ventara

It's almost 1 am and I'm debating whether to stay up to see what if there are any good Black Friday deals or if I should sleep.

The poor flyer sales, our weak dollar and my eyelids are telling me to sleep, so sleep it is.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Think the EB-exclusive Tales of Hearts R will become hard to find if I don't buy it soon...?

Just wondering, is there some sort of a time limit on exchanging one of the unopened games you get from the B2G1 deal from Target? Gonna try to exchange one of my games for either Dragon Age or GTA next week

Grimsen

Does anyone know the trade value of Unity at EB, BB or FS? I kinda feel bad trying to sell this game to another person.

FS/BB's trade-in calculator says 35$. :/

Does anyone know the trade value of Unity at EB, BB or FS? I kinda feel bad trying to sell this game to another person.

FS/BB's trade-in calculator says 35$. :/

Come on, the game isn't broken. Put it on craigslist/kijiji for $50 and you'll get takers within the hour

Zing

Banned
According to the EB Games web site the first two waves of amiibo have sold out of pre-orders. Meanwhile, Toys R Us, Best Buy, Futureshop, and Walmart don't even have the 2nd wave up for pre-order yet. Is this just EB Games limiting pre-orders because they're hoping to "recycle" them for greater profit, or are these things seriously going to sell out right away? Just wondering if I should pre-order from amazon.ca or not, because I was kind of hoping to see them in store to decide what to get, but I'm pretty sure I want to get Little Mac and Pit.
I am under the impression that EB hates to sell new items. Except for obvious stuff like Call of Duty or Halo, they seem to stock the absolutes minimum possible, or even less. It's as though they love to say "if you didn't preorder, I don't have a copy for you", while the next door Best Buy or Futureshop has plenty of stock.

evanmisha

PSA: Target's buy 1 PSN/XBL/eShop card get another 20% off (so, 10% off) deal starts today. The cashier said the max amount was 1000$ worth a day but I capped at 950. Feel pretty much set for the next couple years. Gotta admit, I was mad jelly that I couldn't afford the last similar sale.

Zing

Banned
I was going to say, that is essentially just 10% off, which is the usual. I bought $400 worth during the crazy 25% off sale. Thanks to this thread!

PSA: Target's buy 1 PSN/XBL/eShop card get another 20% off (so, 10% off) deal starts today. The cashier said the max amount was 1000$ worth a day but I capped at 950. Feel pretty much set for the next couple years. Gotta admit, I was mad jelly that I couldn't afford the last similar sale.

Holy shittttt.

khaaan

$950!????

Holy crap man. I mean I guess it makes sense if you were going to be spending that money on games either way but $950 in one go...jeez.

ohlawd

buying $1000 worth saves you like $100. You're set for a while now tho.

I decided not to get some cards. Barely getting any hours at work.

DaBoss

I just got $140 of eShop cards (4 $35 cards). Was thinking about getting PSN cards, but decided not to since it'll probably be a while till I get a PS4 and I can just get most games on the Vita through PS+.

$1000 is overkill for me lol.

kitzkozan

I was going to say, that is essentially just 10% off, which is the usual. I bought $400 worth during the crazy 25% off sale. Thanks to this thread!

I bought over 100$ worth last time which is more than enough. I don't buy that many digital copies of full retail titles, so there's no need for a virtual wallet packed with money. I'm probably going to focus on WoW time card since it's cheaper with a 10% rebate than paying with a credit card given our weak dollar (even with a 3 or 6 months plan).

What's everything that you bought?

Whoa, that's a terrible experience you had there. O would've asked to speak to their supervisor. That's certainly not how their supposed to handle things as far as I'm aware.

Yeah I wasn't happy at all, and I really should have. Hopefully my game gets sent out today as this is when they are expecting stock. If it hasn't shipped out by Tuesday, they are going to be hearing from me once again.

EDIT: My fingers were freezing this morning while typing this at the bus stop, causing some spelling mistakes. It was -24 with windchill in the lovely city of Winnipeg this morning

Top Bottom