• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

schlew

You guys think there will be another deal at EB games like the trade 5 games get 100$ towards a Xbox one/Playstation 4? I wish I took advantage of that :/

That exact deal is going on right now. I just did it two days ago for an Xbox One. That page has been updated between now and Wednesday, as the images are different and that promo used to read valid until Nov. 20 or around there. It says Nov. 2 for whatever reason now, but I would call the store or ask their Twitter account. On top of their Trade More Get More deal, I only paid $140 for my Xbox One. It worked out great, considering the minimum trade in value is $8 for the trade 5 for $100 deal, and just $5 for the Trade More Get More.

So, if I want to download DA:I on Xbox One it's 49.00 CAD (ish) from the INR store, is there any associated risks with this? Also, is EA Access tied only to my home store?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Anyone in the GTA get their Dragon Age or WWE 2K15 orders charged from Best Buy? They charged me for GTAV but not those other 2, and dealing with customer service has been hell.
Everything is fine on my card's end, but I find it strange that despite those 3 being released on the same day, only 1 would be charged.

Moltenix

They are doing a double trade amount for a last gen version of GTA V. Last I checked they were offering $11 so with the double trade it would be $22.

I don't see any mention of that online anywhere on their site. I do see they're having a "Trade 3 worth $10 or more, get $70" towards a bunch of November releases. Anyone know if you can trade in 1 or 2 and get 23.33 each?

I might get some PSN cards to get Bloodborne for a bit cheaper than retail, but I might wait and hope for a 25% off promotion before march.

I would never buy too many eShop cards though, I just dont trust Nintendo with downloadable games. I only get small denominations for DLC and exclusive eShop titles.

antibolo

Banned
So just to be sure, can I get a 1 year PS+ sub card with this promo?

Thinking about getting $50 card + 1y PS+ card.

EDIT: Wait why even bother, I can just buy two $50 cards and buy PS+ from the resulting funds, and it will be exactly the same.

Sora_N

They are doing a double trade amount for a last gen version of GTA V. Last I checked they were offering $11 so with the double trade it would be $22.

Where's it say that?

Do they still let u swap preorder? Maybe I'll trade in my ps3 copy then switch to smash in a few days

suikodan

Bestbuy has a deal for a combo GTAV and Far Cry 4 purchase

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/farcry-4.aspx

Save $20 off Far Cry 4 if you buy it with GTAV. I'm jumping on it.

Getting them both from BestBuy as well except that it was ordered back in June. I can't wait to see the Kyrat edition that I ordered at regular price.

Anyone knows if those games will ship today to arrive Tuesday or they will ship on Monday and arrive Wednesday and later?

Next week is going to be intense, very intense...

So cancel or return your preorders and buy it again...?

Nah, they are E3 pre-orders! ;) I still bought both in the same order like they ask you to and they don't say that it's limited to one promo only or that you must pay GTAV at full price. I am just doing some RFD talks, not going to bother with trying any of this! haha

I am under the impression that EB hates to sell new items. Except for obvious stuff like Call of Duty or Halo, they seem to stock the absolutes minimum possible, or even less. It's as though they love to say "if you didn't preorder, I don't have a copy for you", while the next door Best Buy or Futureshop has plenty of stock.

EB doesn't have the shelf space of the bigger retailers. I was at one recently and they had quite a few AC/Watch_Dogs CE's on their floor. At $100+ they're just taking up space. It makes sense to limit inventory to pre-orders.

d1ddy

That exact deal is going on right now. I just did it two days ago for an Xbox One. That page has been updated between now and Wednesday, as the images are different and that promo used to read valid until Nov. 20 or around there. It says Nov. 2 for whatever reason now, but I would call the store or ask their Twitter account. On top of their Trade More Get More deal, I only paid $140 for my Xbox One. It worked out great, considering the minimum trade in value is $8 for the trade 5 for $100 deal, and just $5 for the Trade More Get More.

Just called my local store and a person told me just the "trade more get more" is the only promotion but I think I'm gonna go down and try it out myself see whats up. I was hoping to trade all my PS4 games towards a xbox one and paying ~200 and grabbing mcc. The games I wanted to trade are , COD: AW , Destiny , Evil Within , TLoU and Diablo 3 UEE. The extra $100 towards is very tempting and I still have GTA pre purchased and Oneechanbara Z2 Chaos coming so I wouldn't be completely dry for games on the console... oh why is the MCC so appealing ? :(

stn

Any word on Black Friday deals yet? Also, what days will it fall under? I've never done a Black Friday before. Assuming I don't camp in front of a store, would I still be able to get some games on sale?

Returners

Getting them both from BestBuy as well except that it was ordered back in June. I can't wait to see the Kyrat edition that I ordered at regular price.

Anyone knows if those games will ship today to arrive Tuesday or they will ship on Monday and arrive Wednesday and later?

Next week is going to be intense, very intense...

Errr.....

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Would I be able to take my sealed copy of Smash Bros from the E3 deal to Future Shop and get a refund?

I'm getting a strong urge to go digital with this game, and I hear cancelling games from an order is a pain in the ass.

Lexxism

Would I be able to take my sealed copy of Smash Bros from the E3 deal to Future Shop and get a refund?

I'm getting a strong urge to go digital with this game, and I hear cancelling games from an order is a pain in the ass.

Yup. You can call or email them to cancel on of your games.

Returners

If its from the E3 deal, has it past 30 days from the date it shipped?

Jinto

Finally got my Wii U pro controller and DKTF from the Source. FS also charged me for The Monopoly Family Fun Pack. Awesome.

Ryde3

Hey anyone in the GTA want AC: Unity for PS4? I preordered it during E3 from Amazon, but when I realized I didn't want it - I only had 3 games left in my order and couldn't cancel any games or I'd lose the discount. Will let it go for what I paid just don't want to return it to Amazon if I don't have to. Pm me.

Hyunkel6

Hey anyone in the GTA want AC: Unity for PS4? I preordered it during E3 from Amazon, but when I realized I didn't want it - I only had 3 games left in my order and couldn't cancel any games or I'd lose the discount. Will let it go for what I paid just don't want to return it to Amazon if I don't have to. Pm me.
You can easily sell it on Kijiji. The game is really hot at the moment. I easily sold my opened copy for $55 a day after launch. I received about 10 replies in less than 12 hours.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, Sony really must have paid for the Last of Us trade in offer if that's the case. I guess Take 2 has no reason to discount a GTA game though.

Read the last page of this thread. Last two pages if you're on 50 ppp.

Hmmmm, well then. I suppose that kinda sucks, haha. I would love to pick the game up this week but I just don't know about paying 70$ after getting Unity and MCC. I do have my free Rogue unopened still but I know they won't give me full price for it.

ohlawd

Hmmmm, well then. I suppose that kinda sucks, haha. I would love to pick the game up this week but I just don't know about paying 70$ after getting Unity and MCC. I do have my free Rogue unopened still but I know they won't give me full price for it.

The things I'd do to transfer my E3 order status of Far Cry 4 to DA:I

eff, I should have just preordered EVERYTHING.

Does anyone know if this is actually a Canadian flyer? The price of the amiibo is $13.99, which is our price, but they spell favourite without a "u".

Vf0zewx.jpg

zroid

Banned
Does anyone know if this is actually a Canadian flyer? The price of the amiibo is $13.99, which is our price, but they spell favourite without a "u".

Oh man... it's going to be hard not to pick up 3 amiibo with this deal. Originally the only one I wanted from the first wave was Samus.

I don't think the spelling means much, if is says $13.99 it must be ours

Sora_N

I got $23.33 for GTA PS3 toward PS4 version lol. I paid $20 so I made the $3 lol. Hope I can switch preorder but I know I can just refund the game too.

Oh man... it's going to be hard not to pick up 3 amiibo with this deal. Originally the only one I wanted from the first wave was Samus.

I don't think the spelling means much, if is says $13.99 it must be ours

Same here. If it is for Canada, I will have to get 3. Originally I was going to get just Yoshi, but now I am thinking of getting Yoshi, Mario, and one other, maybe Kirby, because of them being $10 each.

zroid

Banned
Same here. If it is for Canada, I will have to get 3. Originally I was going to get just Yoshi, but now I am thinking of getting Yoshi, Mario, and one other, maybe Kirby, because of them being $10 each.

Yeah maybe I'll get Link and either Mario, Kirby, or Yoshi. I don't really like the Link amiibo but it'll get me that bonus weapon in Hyrule Warriors soooo...

what store is that? Wal-mart?

Toys R Us, apparently

Ventara

Damn, that's a pretty good deal on the Amiibos. $14 was a tad too much, but $10 a piece would be pretty tempting. But Toys R Us is a bit out of the way for me. Walmart will price match this, right? I don't have the flyer on me. Do you guys think they'll accept me showing them that picture?

Top Bottom