• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Sora_N

I have my doubts that flyer is Canadian.

The Canadian flyer design doesn't really look like that and the paper and size look different too. They also rarely do these kind of deals.

If it is I'll be getting 3 launch ones though. Good deal

Jinto

Oh man... it's going to be hard not to pick up 3 amiibo with this deal. Originally the only one I wanted from the first wave was Samus.

I don't think the spelling means much, if is says $13.99 it must be ours

Not necessarily. ToysRus.com has them for $13.99 as well. Looks like they're giving away one free with the purchase of Smash Wii U too.

Still, I'm considering canceling my Amiibo pre-orders from Amazon just in case.

Not necessarily. ToysRus.com has them for $13.99 as well. Looks like they're giving away one free with the purchase of Smash Wii U too.

Still, I'm considering canceling my Amiibo pre-orders from Amazon just in case.

You should cancel them anyway, and go buy them in person. The paint jobs on figures like this can vary wildly, and I want to be able to get ones that don't have gross imperfections.

Hawkmosis

Banned
Fellow Canadians, who has an Xbox One and an interested in playing Assassin's creed black flag?
I got the Xbone bundle but already have the game and DLC on PS4

First one to PM me, hopefully only if your actually interested in playing the game will get the code

Edit: gone to matthewwhatever

Seeming like Black Friday is a bust for Canada?

Why would you say that? Black Friday is November 28.

I mean, not that it couldn't be a bust anyways, but I don't think anyone's released their Black Friday info yet. Actually, it's a little weird to me that there were so many Black Friday US flyers out last week, seemed early.

Fellow Canadians, who has an Xbox One and an interested in playing Assassin's creed black flag?
I got the Xbone bundle but already have the game and DLC on PS4

First one to PM me, hopefully only if your actually interested in playing the game will get the code

As in, like, free? I've somehow never played an AC game on console, only on handhelds, so I'd be all over that. PMed!

Firestorm

Seems EB Metrotown will be doing their midnight launch at 9PM for Smash/Pokemon. Anyone know if the EB at Oakridge will be doing the same? That's where I have my controller bundle pre-ordered.

Jinto

Broke down and bought the Vita TV bundle. 95 bucks ain't too bad I guess.

Congrats! As long as you don't expect too much, I doubt you'll be disappointed. :D

You should cancel them anyway, and go buy them in person. The paint jobs on figures like this can vary wildly, and I want to be able to get ones that don't have gross imperfections.

Yeah, I went overboard and ordered all 12. Don't think I even want them all.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone in Brampton near trinity plaza interested in a used advanced Warfare for ps4 for $60? It still has that day zero pre-order items in it.

Trying to sell this game off. I fucking hate cod. Need money for dragon age.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone in Brampton near trinity plaza interested in advanced Warfare for ps4 for $65? It still has that day zero pre-order items in it.

Trying to sell this game off. I fucking hate cod. Need money for dragon age.
You're selling it for more than the retail price? Even if it has pre-order items, lol

iphys

I've seen the US Black Friday TRU flyer, and they have buy 1 get 1 70% off on Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures (didn't even see amiibo in the flyer nor the US Walmart Black Friday flyer either). Hard to imagine we would get a better deal on amiibo than the Americans though, so I have my doubts we'd really get a buy 3 for $30 deal.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Congrats! As long as you don't expect too much, I doubt you'll be disappointed. :D
Yeah, I probably should have just bout the 80 dollar version, but what the heck. I assume it'll be fine for playing random Vita games on the TV at some point... although I wish there was an easier way to just see what games I own and can load onto the system.

Dazzler

Popped into FS on the way home from work and they had cod ghosts hardened edition for Xbox 360 for 5 bucks. Also had star wars angry birds for ps4 for 5 bucks lol

Picked up both

Special edition of watch dogs for Xbox 1 was 50 bucks. Didn't bite on that

Mikey Jr.

You're selling it for more than the retail price? Even if it has pre-order items, lol

Well, I dropped it down to $60 soon after you quoted me. But regardless, not sure if you knew this, but games are $69.99 now.

Secondly, with tax, I paid $79.

So I'm selling it less than 2 weeks later for $15 less ($20 now).

k thx.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, I dropped it down to $60 soon after you quoted me. But regardless, not sure if you knew this, but games are $69.99 now.

k thx.

I think most people here see games as 50 because of all the e3 deals from before. lol

antibolo

Banned
Just went to Target and bought $200 of Playstation store credit for $180.

Feels good man

EDIT: lol I can't redeem the last code because there's a $150 limit on PSN account wallets and I'm still one cent over after renewing my PS+ sub ($49.99) *facepalm*

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Feels good man
I can't remember... was that better or worse than the Target misprice from a month ago?

I'm still eating off the $350 I got from Gamestop when they were doing that giveaway.
I blew all that on Forza, Sunset, Halo, and Fantasia. Just be careful because it expires a year from whenever you redeemed the codes.

I blew all that on Forza, Sunset, Halo, and Fantasia. Just be careful because it expires a year from whenever you redeemed the codes.

Thanks for the heads up. I still got a lot of time.. probably should have a Xbone by then.

Wasted a lot of money from it tho. Bought Destiny because everyone else was playing it..
kttcolisnoop

I can't remember... was that better or worse than the Target misprice from a month ago?

What misprice? They had them at 25% off, but was that an error?

Yaranaika

I don't think Xbox funds expire anymore since they switched from Microsoft Points to real money.
Promo codes do expire.
The gamestop ones can't be redeemed after December 31,2014, and expire 1 year after they are redeemed.
I'm waiting a few more weeks to redeem the rest of mine.

Joeku

Hmmm. Got a Future Shop email saying my payment for for Far Cry 4 didn't go through, but it's Paypal and the order previously successfully charged for NHL. Phoned them and the dude didn't know what was going on but said it's probably an authorization problem. Anyone have experience with this? Is this a thing I need to clear with Paypal? Nothing showing up as a problem there...

Madness

Seeming like Black Friday is a bust for Canada?

It was never a big Canadian thing, only in recent years as cross border and online shopping has really taken off and with higher dollar has it become big here too.

Either way, it's in two weeks, let's see if we get some cool deals.

Feels good man

EDIT: lol I can't redeem the last code because there's a $150 limit on PSN account wallets and I'm still one cent over after renewing my PS+ sub ($49.99) *facepalm*
wbats the target sale on that right now?

Savitar

Greetings from Amazon.ca.

You saved CDN$ 0.03 with Amazon.ca's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Collector's Ediiton
Price on order date: CDN$ 99.99
Price charged at shipping: CDN$ 99.96
Lowest price before release date: CDN$ 99.96
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: CDN$ 0.03

CDN$ 0.03 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

I really some times wonder if they think this sort of thing you know...helps.

What's everyone's experience with day one deliverys from BB/FS?

I am trying to gauge when my pre order of Dragon Age will arrive. I believe my Tales of Xillia 2 E3 order arrived day one but around 3pm.

I have tues and weds off work next week. I haven't even started Keep yet!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

k thx.
Shit, I completely forgot games are $70 now.

Now I'm sad.

antibolo

Banned
Which actually works out to be a 10% discount... but I guess this forces you to spend twice as much as you might want to. lol

Well you could get two $20 cards so the theoritical minimum amount is $40 for $36.

In my case I intend on buying $155 worth of stuff on PSN over the next month so this was the best course of action.

Top Bottom