• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well you could get two $20 cards so the theoritical minimum amount is $40 for $36.

In my case I intend on buying $155 worth of stuff on PSN over the next month so this was the best course of action.
Yeah, I still have some money left over from the last sale. lol

I thought about buying some Xbox cash, but the discount isn't really enough for me to want to keep money on an account.

Wait, Black Friday is the 28th? Lol, I thought it was today.

The forth Thursday of every November is thanksgiving and the day after is Black Friday.

Yeah, I still have some money left over from the last sale. lol

I thought about buying some Xbox cash, but the discount isn't really enough for me to want to keep money on an account.

Pretty much the same thoughts, I somehow missed the last deal but saving $20 on $200 isn't a good incentive for me, especially when I don't buy retail games digitally.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
What's everyone's experience with day one deliverys from BB/FS?

I am trying to gauge when my pre order of Dragon Age will arrive. I believe my Tales of Xillia 2 E3 order arrived day one but around 3pm.

I have tues and weds off work next week. I haven't even started Keep yet!
I always get my stuff one day one from Best Buy. Even got a couple the day before. Speaking of Dragon Age, have they charged you for it?

Ondore

I'm not worried about Black Friday... but I'll actually have money for Boxing Day. Should I start really looking about the 15th of December?

MesH

Hmmm. Got a Future Shop email saying my payment for for Far Cry 4 didn't go through, but it's Paypal and the order previously successfully charged for NHL. Phoned them and the dude didn't know what was going on but said it's probably an authorization problem. Anyone have experience with this? Is this a thing I need to clear with Paypal? Nothing showing up as a problem there...

Had the same problem 2 weeks in a row now, problem is my Bestbuy orders keep reverting back to my old address so they don't match with my PayPal address then It errors out when charging me, so Had to call and have them update my address again on there end so it matches with my PayPal again. The frustrating part is half the time you get some idiot that doesn't know what they are doing, I had to walk the person I talked to yesterday through the process and still waiting on the confirmation email. It is a pleasant surprise when you get someone that knows what they are doing but it is hit or miss.

So checking on my order for the Smash bundle from Eb Games. I checked for Expressing shipping to hope that I'd get it on the Friday.. but it says Order date is the 23rd.

I'm trying to play it throughout the weekend though. Wonder if I should cancel and try buy the items separately from EB? Or will Best Buy be selling it?

Dr.brain64

So checking on my order for the Smash bundle from Eb Games. I checked for Expressing shipping to hope that I'd get it on the Friday.. but it says Order date is the 23rd.

I'm trying to play it throughout the weekend though. Wonder if I should cancel and try buy the items separately from EB? Or will Best Buy be selling it?

Don't know if this helps but the smash bundle might be considered rare, at least here in Canada. I ordered it too but i don't know if I'll be reciving it friday too...

Do you know any game deals or prices that's happening on Black Friday?
still nothing yet posted on our site. but as i said in the above post we got alot of Assassin creed XB1 bundles off todays truck so im guessing there might be a price cut on it. (i.e $349.99?)

Hey just want to say thanks for the updates! Grabbed a couple of cards again.

no probs, next weeks one (21-28th) is pretty bad. Just $20 giftcard for the $299 WiiU Super Mario 3D World Bundle. Nothing else.

Edit: forgot to say we got a ton if Ipad's mostly minis and i think some Airs. Guess they'll obviously be on sale again too for Black Friday. Didnt know which version they were sorry.

Sora_N

Getting a WiiU soon but is there any digital only stuff worth getting? I might get some eshop cards for VC stuff maybe. Not really looking to get digital disc games since I don't save enough.

Don't know if this helps but the smash bundle might be considered rare, at least here in Canada. I ordered it too but i don't know if I'll be reciving it friday too...

Ended up just pre ordering the 3 items separate at EB so I can play it on the Friday. When I asked the guy there he said I should expect to have it by the Thursday after :/.

He also did say that when I received the package, I could just return it back to EB Games and get a full refund.

Also, just grabbed a Wii U. Ended up using $85 of Optimum points at Shoppers drug mart to save a bit, then got around $70 worth of points back from the purchase.

khaaan

Do we know which stores are getting the PS4 black Friday bundles?

I don't want any of the games offered in either bundles. I'll probably be able to get more money selling GTAV and TLoU than if I were to sell Lego Batman and LBP3, right?

Getting a WiiU soon but is there any digital only stuff worth getting? I might get some eshop cards for VC stuff maybe. Not really looking to get digital disc games since I don't save enough.

Outside of Virtual Console stuff? Nothing I can really think of except Pushmo.

-Deimos

Picked up a Wii U and got enough points now for $200 during the bonus event. Gonna pick up Smash during the event and a couple of controllers.

MesH

Had the same problem 2 weeks in a row now, problem is my Bestbuy orders keep reverting back to my old address so they don't match with my PayPal address then It errors out when charging me, so Had to call and have them update my address again on there end so it matches with my PayPal again. The frustrating part is half the time you get some idiot that doesn't know what they are doing, I had to walk the person I talked to yesterday through the process and still waiting on the confirmation email. It is a pleasant surprise when you get someone that knows what they are doing but it is hit or miss.

Bestbuy apparently is having issues with paypal and preorders, DA has now been cancelled and I was told to re order and they would apply the discount as a refund in 7-14 days. Went to reorder and it errors out with paypal as payment. I get my order cancelled because they just happen to have issue with paypay at the moment. Beyond annoyed right now, this was the last game on this order thank the gods, but what if it was from one of my orders that I still have many games on, this is frustrating when you preorder with a promise of discounts and than lose it because there systems is fucked ATM. Or have to jump through hoops an hope you get a refund for 21 dollars in 2 weeks. Get Bent Bestbuy, now I will wait till it goes on sale or hope for a better price before Christmas.

All this after 2 games charged and shipped in the same day with the same method of payment on 2 separate orders. O well at least Far Cry 4 and GTAV are on there way.

Firestorm

forgot to say we got a ton if Ipad's mostly minis and i think some Airs. Guess they'll obviously be on sale again too for Black Friday. Didnt know which version they were sorry.
Oh nice. I've been hoping to pick up an iPad Mini 2 or Air 2 next weekend and if that means not going to the US it'll be a lot better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are you sure that's Drive Club or just a sticker under Drive Club? lol

According to the thread, Knack is also 20 bucks, but I'm still holding out for it to be PS+.
Someone in the thread says the sticker is misplaced.

EDIT: Went into my local SDM and only Ghosts had the sticker. They had other games in stock (Diablo, Watch_Dogs) but I wasn't interested in them so I didn't bother scanning them in. Driveclub full price.

krae_man

Knack is fine. Don't get your hopes up about plus. Plus games have moved away from $60 retail games. Its all small stuff now. Especially on PS4.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Knack is fine. Don't get your hopes up about plus. Plus games have moved away from $60 retail games. Its all small stuff now. Especially on PS4.
Then again, PS4 is getting Injustice, which was a full retail game. I don't put Knack passed it.

EDIT: Beaten.

Don't know but...

Thanks. I bought the Wii U and a pro controller today under the 20X deal. Do you think it's a better deal to instead get the pro controller when redeeming points in the bonus event? I haven't opened either of them yet.

It's my first time doing the optimum thing so I'm not really sure what makes the most sense.

When the hell are Xbox One controllers going to go on sale? It's always PS4 ones.

Also, for some reason, Walmart doesn't even stock coloured ones for Xbox.

-Deimos

i have a $40 dollar discount from paypal if i spend more than $100 in shop.ca

anyone else has this?

No but that would have been useful. Was the email from paypal or shop.ca?

Thanks. I bought the Wii U and a pro controller today under the 20X deal. Do you think it's a better deal to instead get the pro controller when redeeming points in the bonus event? I haven't opened either of them yet.

It's my first time doing the optimum thing so I'm not really sure what makes the most sense.

I guess it depends on how many points you had already and the amount you're going to spend. I already had enough points so that the Wii U purchase would put me over 95000 which I'm going to use to get Smash and a controller (maybe 2) plus some junk.

Top Bottom