• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

No but that would have been useful. Was the email from paypal or shop.ca?

I guess it depends on how many points you had already and the amount you're going to spend. I already had enough points so that the Wii U purchase would put me over 95000 which I'm going to use to get Smash and a controller (maybe 2) plus some junk.

Ah, I see. I had no points before, I just signed up today. I don't really shop at SDM but I plan on using it to get vidya game stuff.

-Deimos

Ah, I see. I had no points before, I just signed up today. I don't really shop at SDM but I plan on using it to get vidya game stuff.

I don't shop at SDM either, I just jacked my parents' points haha.

whenever i open my paypal theres a huge ass notice that i have a discount, i think the e-mail was also from paypal but im not quite sure. maybe ill check later

Well it looks like I was set not to receive promotions from Paypal so that might be it. I can't change the setting though cause the new website is shit and the "classic" site isn't saving my changes.

Anony

i bought the ds4 controller, i dont even know why, i dont have ps4 and i have perfectly good ps3/360 controller to use for pc

I don't shop at SDM either, I just jacked my parents' points haha.

Well it looks like I was set not to receive promotions from Paypal so that might be it. I can't change the setting though cause the new website is shit and the "classic" site isn't saving my changes.

Hah, awesome. I'm at 75k points right now. Do you know how much the bonus events usually get you? I found a random image showing 50k points for $100 (instead of $85) and 95k for $200 (instead of $170). Is it always like that?

I wonder if I should try to get 20k more points so that I can use the 95k option during the bonus days.... but I wasn't really planning on spending more money. :lol

Damn you SDM.

-Deimos

Hah, awesome. I'm at 75k points right now. Do you know how much the bonus events usually get you? I found a random image showing 50k points for $100 (instead of $85) and 95k for $200 (instead of $170). Is it always like that?

I wonder if I should try to get 20k more points so that I can use the 95k option during the bonus days.... but I wasn't really planning on spending more money. :lol

Damn you SDM.

Here's the list for the redemption tiers and their dollar values. Apparently on "Redemption days", the dollar values increase, so the 95000 tier becomes $200+ instead of the regular $170. There's usually a redemption day event at the end of November/beginning of December.

Dazzler

Got in on that 19.99 ps4 game promo at shoppers in DT van. Got their last copy of diablo. Some guy arrived two minutes after me looking for the same game, felt awful for snagging it

They had a limited selection of other games if people are on the hunt

Killzone
Knack
Ghosts

No Xbox games

Conceptor

Where are they $20??
SDM!!! Like mentioned earlier none of their newer stuff was discounted but the following showed up at $20: TLOU, Watch, D3, BF4, AC:BF, CoD:Ghosts, Infamous Second Son, Titanfall etc.

LoZ:Link Between Worlds is an absolute steal. amazing game.
Thanks, I picked it up.

If anyone in the GTA wants a copy of of LoZ I'll sell it to you at cost. If no one does I don't mind shipping it to someone who does!!

Smash is being prepped for release day - or so claims the Future Shop email I received earlier today. And thus will end my hoard of $39.99 launch priced Nintendo games...

khaaan

Walked over to my local shoppers and picked up the last copy of Infamous Second Son for $20.

Gonna head back tomorrow since the the guy forgot to ask me for my Optimum card and I forgot that I had it.

Conceptor

Walked over to my local shoppers and picked up the last copy of Infamous Second Son for $20.

Gonna head back tomorrow since the the guy forgot to ask me for my Optimum card and I forgot that I had it.
Go back before it closes because iirc it has to be done the same day!!

ohlawd

guys I'm clueless with this paypal discount with shop.ca

I tried yesterday by checking out with paypal and the $40 dollars off showed up on the checkout page. Kinda confusing, am I supposed to look at "TOTAL PRICE" and nothing else? random stuff was bolded in green so I got confused. I went through the order anyway. Got an email later saying they charged me the full amount without the 40 dollars off.

yeah well I had to cancel it. Good news is they got to me really fast and gave me my money back after I shot them an email.

will order for real on December tho.

iLLmAtlc

FS is now estimating MGSV will be out March 31 2015

when combined with the "mistake" posted by the guardian a while back (March 17 2015), Q1 seems like a safe bet. can't wait.

kasane

I tried yesterday by checking out with paypal and the $40 dollars off showed up on the checkout page. Kinda confusing, am I supposed to look at "TOTAL PRICE" and nothing else? random stuff was bolded in green so I got confused. I went through the order anyway. Got an email later saying they charged me the full amount without the 40 dollars off.

yeah well I had to cancel it. Good news is they got to me really fast and gave me my money back after I shot them an email.

i think paypal is the one whos refunding you or some shit

i read a bit earlier since i wanted to buy a guitar. paypal was saying that the discount will be automatically discounted by paypal when you check out using them

im kinda confused too

-Deimos

If I'm remembering right, Paypal will treat the discount like money from a separate balance. So Shop.ca will charge your Paypal account for the full amount, paypal will pay that amount using the money ($40) from your temporary "discount balance" and then the rest from your regular balance. Basically, Paypal is depositing $40 into your account and then paying the total amount.

I'm also confused about the shop.ca $40 discount. I see the offer when I log into paypal but when I process my order there is nothing showing. I emailed paypal about it but hopefully someone here who has redeemed in the past can clarify too.

Lexxism

Guys, try checking your paypal transaction to see more details. There should be a "special offer" indicated.

paypal.JPG

Yeah, the discount won't be applied on the shop.ca side of things, it's a credit on the Paypal side that is applied to your $100 purchase. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working.

ohlawd

I did check my paypal for the complete rundown. under related transactions, there's only the full amount. no mention of the special offer

but thanks for the pic. now I know what it'll look like with the discount applied.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I guess it's too late to start looking for a $20 copy of TLoU PS4, right? Must have been picked clean by the RFDers...

GAF help me out.

I'm interested in returning the magical realm of cable. but I HATE how you have to pick and choose packages to get the channels you want at least with Rogers who is my main provider.

Any alternatives? I want the following as a minimum:

YTV
Teletoon
Teletoon Retro
Disney XD
Nickelodeon
Cartoon Network (pretty sure they're in Canada now)

You get the idea.

And also their their East/West airings to watch something twice or if I miss an earlier showing, that was always handy.

To get all those you seemingly have to fork over like $70 a month, can't I just take those for like $20-$30 and be good to go?

Also, as I'm glued to the monitor all the time, is there a way to even have this integrated to the computer so I can just open a new tab to watch TV? But I'd of course like the option to watch on my TV, but honestly I think on my computer would be preferable due to convenience.

Dunlop

GAF help me out.

I'm interested in returning the magical realm of cable. but I HATE how you have to pick and choose packages to get the channels you want at least with Rogers who is my main provider.

Any alternatives? I want the following as a minimum:

YTV
Teletoon
Teletoon Retro
Disney XD
Nickelodeon
Cartoon Network (pretty sure they're in Canada now)

You get the idea.

And also their their East/West airings to watch something twice or if I miss an earlier showing, that was always handy.

To get all those you seemingly have to fork over like $70 a month, can't I just take those for like $20-$30 and be good to go?

Also, as I'm glued to the monitor all the time, is there a way to even have this integrated to the computer so I can just open a new tab to watch TV? But I'd of course like the option to watch on my TV, but honestly I think on my computer would be preferable due to convenience.

Where are you in Canada? There is Zazeen and Vmedia IPTV in both cases you need to use there internet

espher

Tried to see if Amazon would match the TRU 3/$30 amiibo promo. They said no, but I realized half-way through the conversation that was a US promo. Oh well.

Need to decide which ones to double-dip on since you can't use them in the packaging. :(

Tried to see if Amazon would match the TRU 3/$30 amiibo promo. They said no, but I realized half-way through the conversation that was a US promo. Oh well.

Need to decide which ones to double-dip on since you can't use them in the packaging. :(

For what it's worth, it doesn't look like any game will put them to any worthwhile use anyway. You're probably safe to just keep them in the packages ;)

I grabbed CoD: Ghosts and InFamous Second Son at Shoppers. Thanks for the heads up guys!

They had Assassins Creed as well but I'm not a fan of the series so I passed. I can't recall if I saw Diablo or not and no Watch_Dogs, but I didn't want either of those anyway.

Sora_N

When was it confirmed that you have to open them? That kind of sucks then.

DJ_Lae

I guess it's too late to start looking for a $20 copy of TLoU PS4, right? Must have been picked clean by the RFDers...

I had the same thought earlier and drove around to four Shoppers' locations before my Costco trip...absolutely nothing, unless I wanted Call of Duty Ghosts. One location didn't even carry more than the bargain bin games and another had no Xbox One stuff for some reason.

I went out hoping someone would still have a copy of Diablo 3 (either platform) and Forza 5...and expected that I might only find Forza.

Diablo 3 probably vanished immediately as it is still worth $35 trade in. I also saw people on RFD talking about selling the games immediately after for a profit...fuck that, I only wanted to buy them to play.

Top Bottom