• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

curb

Banned
I am not billed too. Maybe shipping are on hold ?

How far are you from the distribution centre? I'm about a 2 hour drive from the Mississauga distro and I rarely get shipping notices from BB before the night before release. I also don't usually get them on release date either *womp womp*

How far are you from the distribution centre? I'm about a 2 hour drive from the Mississauga distro and I rarely get shipping notices from BB before the night before release. I also don't usually get them on release date either *womp womp*

I'm in Mississauga and I received Tales of Xillia 2 on launch day this year. I got the notice at 3pm and the item around 4pm.

Tomorrow is a busy launch day so I'm not getting my hopes up until I see others get their games shipped (Dragon Age I is what I want).

antibolo

Banned
Nice, I forgot to cancel my months-old pre-order for Project Diva F 2nd at amazon.ca (so I can order from VGP instead and get the game actually shipped at launch instead of a week later or something) and now it says it's too late to cancel, despite the fact that the current delivery estimate is in two fucking weeks.

Yeah fuck you too Amazon.

Has anyone had little big planet 3 shipped by future shop/best buy ? i want my copy tomorrow

I called Futureshop to ask, and was told it was backordered. So I cancelled the game from my E3 order and got a note on the order to give me $20 off my next preorder, went to target and bought psn cards for BOGO 20% and ordered it digitally off psn. They shipped out GTA V from the same order no problem, but not sure what's up with LBP 3. :(

curb

Banned
I'm in Mississauga and I received Tales of Xillia 2 on launch day this year. I got the notice at 3pm and the item around 4pm.

I find the variety in BB shipping stories around here very interesting. Some people get their games consistently on time and some people don't. I'm in the latter category myself. The norm for me is to get the shipping notice overnight on Monday and have the game show up Wednesday or Thursday and like I mentioned, I'm within a two hour drive from where they ship from.

Wow! It's looking like I just may get GTA V, DA:Deadly Alliance and Far Cry 4 today. Items have been processed at local facility. Best Buy and Canada Post have been on fire for me the last couple of weeks!

explodet

... now it says it's too late to cancel, despite the fact that the current delivery estimate is in two fucking weeks.
I'm getting the same thing from my orders at amazon, all my orders are being delivered 2 weeks from now. Although they said that with Destiny and I got that release day. So either they're being coy to force users to upgrade shipping or they're just being dumb.

Yeah fuck you too Amazon.
Strewth.

Damn, no trade in old gen GTAV for a discounted new gen GTAV deals?

I haven't seen anything. Heard a rumor there was gonna be a trade in credit at EB but no sign of any deal as far as I can tell. I'm going to hold on a bit and hope something comes up since this week is already jam packed but if there isn't anything announced by now it feels like a bad sign...

When do Black Friday deals for Canada, if there are any, generally start going/ leaking out? I traded in Destiny at FS and got $35 back (not bad, half of what I paid I guess) and I'm kinda hoping Diablo 3 for PS4 goes on sale.

The only thing I've heard from by going in stores and asking employees is that they just doubled the trade in value if you put it towards the current gen versions of GTA V. Unfortunately they also said it was only $22 if you did trade in a past-gen version of GTA V towards the PS4/XBone version. I was kinda hoping for a similar scenario with the Last of Us on PS4.

I'm getting the same thing from my orders at amazon, all my orders are being delivered 2 weeks from now. Although they said that with Destiny and I got that release day. So either they're being coy to force users to upgrade shipping or they're just being dumb.

Strewth.

Bring up chat and complain, thats what I did. The site describes free shipping as taking between 4-8 days (basically, the length of regular mail assuming it's shipped within 24 hours). So for them to be making longer estimations means they are holding shit back.

I talked to them and complain that that was much too long, and they upped it to priority shipping for free.

DJ_Lae

When do Black Friday deals for Canada, if there are any, generally start going/ leaking out? I traded in Destiny at FS and got $35 back (not bad, half of what I paid I guess) and I'm kinda hoping Diablo 3 for PS4 goes on sale.

Shoppers has Diablo 3 for $19.99, although I doubt there's a single location left in Canada with a copy as that PS4 version can be traded in for $35. I could picture the RFDers scooping them up and bringing them to Future Shop when I saw the deal posted.

(I tried to get a copy yesterday morning but no luck)

Sweet Ivy

Guys,
does Best Buy offer product switch on games?
I want to return Far Cry 3, but want another copy of Dragon Age: Inquisition for the online. Would they switch Far Cry to Dragon Age so I can keep my E3 price?

Otherwise what's the best deal to buy DA:I at the moment?

Just an update, I chatted with Amazon, as my Far Cry 4 shipping estimate was between Nov 27-Dec 3, which is a ludicrous 10-15 days, and I got zero help. Their website specifically says the free shipping option should take between 4-8 days, which is why I contacted them (and just in case you think I'm jumping the gun, this isn't the first order to take that long).

I asked her straight up "Do you guys not guarantee that in stock items will be shipped within 48 hours of either the order being placed, or its release date?", and she said no. Basically, she said that Free Shipping orders are given low priority over the one and two day shipping orders.

In MY mind, shipping speed indicates the amount of time an item spends on the road, not the amount of time it takes to leave the warehouse. I don't see any reason all copies of Far Cry 4 (or whatever game) shouldn't be mailed out tomorrow (or within 48 hours of tomorrow), and the one/two days shipping options are just on the more direct trucks. But Amazon is basically saying they are artificially holding free shipping orders back for longer, obviously to make the premium options more appealing.

I live In Vancouver, and the warehouse is in Richmond. The Amazon people could literally drop my game in a mailbox tomorrow, and I would have it on Thursday. 10-15 days is fucking insanity. Hell, 4-8 days is insanity, but I can't complain about that because those are the terms I agree to when I choose the free shipping option.

Moltenix

EB Games has a Trade 3 get $70 for select games including GTA5. The regular trade value has to be over $10 and someone earlier posted that they got 23.33 for trading in last gen GTA5 so I guess it works with 1 or 2 games too.

Jinto

Got a bunch of games early for the first time today. I put my extra copy of GTA V on Kijiji for $60, promised this dude I would meet up with him later, and now some guy is offering me $85 for it. lol. I feel like I can't really screw over the other dude.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Got a bunch of games early for the first time today. I put my extra copy of GTA V on Kijiji for $60, promised this dude I would meet up with him later, and now some guy is offering me $85 for it. lol. I feel like I can't really screw over the other dude.

Well, just let the other guy know someone offered $85, and he can meet that offer or you will have to go with the highest bidder.

It's business.

Gritesh

Fist come first served is my hard and fast rule for kijiji you turn down the 85 dollar guy and the 60 dollar guy doesn't show your screwed, go with the highest bidder and the fastest to get you the money every time

Jinto

Yeah, I understand what you guys are saying. I just dislike going back on my word for whatever reason, especially because I was screwed over like that before. Ah well, I messaged the guy back to see how serious he was about the $85.

Had I known I would be getting the games early, I would have pre-ordered like 20 copies. lol. I don't think I've ever gotten this many responses in such a short amount of time before. No one's even tried to haggle me either.

Jo-El

Just an update, I chatted with Amazon, as my Far Cry 4 shipping estimate was between Nov 27-Dec 3, which is a ludicrous 10-15 days, and I got zero help. Their website specifically says the free shipping option should take between 4-8 days, which is why I contacted them (and just in case you think I'm jumping the gun, this isn't the first order to take that long).

I asked her straight up "Do you guys not guarantee that in stock items will be shipped within 48 hours of either the order being placed, or its release date?", and she said no. Basically, she said that Free Shipping orders are given low priority over the one and two day shipping orders.

In MY mind, shipping speed indicates the amount of time an item spends on the road, not the amount of time it takes to leave the warehouse. I don't see any reason all copies of Far Cry 4 (or whatever game) shouldn't be mailed out tomorrow (or within 48 hours of tomorrow), and the one/two days shipping options are just on the more direct trucks. But Amazon is basically saying they are artificially holding free shipping orders back for longer, obviously to make the premium options more appealing.

I live In Vancouver, and the warehouse is in Richmond. The Amazon people could literally drop my game in a mailbox tomorrow, and I would have it on Thursday. 10-15 days is fucking insanity. Hell, 4-8 days is insanity, but I can't complain about that because those are the terms I agree to when I choose the free shipping option.

Show them this.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/same-day-free-shipping/hc8268.aspx

Ask them why they have such an inferior shipping policy and why you should continue making purchases from them in the future. They probably won't do anything, but there is at least a chance they'll do a "one time" upgrade to priority shipping for your order.

Yeah, I understand what you guys are saying. I just dislike going back on my word for whatever reason, especially because I was screwed over like that before. Ah well, I messaged the guy back to see how serious he was about the $85.

Had I known I would be getting the games early, I would have pre-ordered like 20 copies. lol. I don't think I've ever gotten this many responses in such a short amount of time before. No one's even tried to haggle me either.

Yea, a couple more bucks than retail price to play a day in advance is nothing for some fans of a game like GTA V!

I understand your point, though. Kijiji is a mess... and you don't want to be the guy who change is mind on someone. I waited for 2 hours the other day for someone who was supposed to come get AC Unity for 65$, a day before release. He never showed up and never wrote to say sorry. Sold it for 60$ the next day since I had lost my "pre-release" edge. I don't know how many time people told me they were taking my games then went silent or just had me wait a few days to finally change their mind. My priority is now the first one who can show up with the money. (Sorry, this ended up being longer than I thought!)

Jinto

Yeah, I've had similar experiences as well. Too bad they didn't have some sort of system where you can rate the seller. I guess that would be too complicated.

But, I'm actually pretty dumb. The solution is easy. Just sell my extra copy for $60 like I promised, and if the other guy wants to pay $85, he can have my copy. lol

I called Futureshop to ask, and was told it was backordered. So I cancelled the game from my E3 order and got a note on the order to give me $20 off my next preorder, went to target and bought psn cards for BOGO 20% and ordered it digitally off psn. They shipped out GTA V from the same order no problem, but not sure what's up with LBP 3. :(

Ive just called and they said the same thing ! BACKORDERED. She told me that i can go to any store tomorrow with my order number and they will price match it.

My LBP3 copy shipped out Friday (from Futureshop) and got delivered this afternoon. It's waiting for me in my mailbox.

So I'm thinking some of you might be out of luck....sounds like supply issues

jayu26

So I was at best buy today and I go to check out the Axiom Verge demo they have there. A couple gets near me and start checking out the PS4 as I was playing. They then call a best buy employee and ask her the difference between the Destiny and the Last of Us bundle. I figure I'd help them out a little by telling them about the Black Friday Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto deal. Best buy lady goes to confirm it with her manager and comes back and says, "I'm not saying you are wrong, but we don't know if we will get that deal." I say to her that that's what it says on PlayStation blog, but she repeats what she said earlier. Now, I feel like I should not have opened my big mouth...

Oh and the couple walk out with the Last of Us bundle.

So I was at best buy today and I go to check out the Axiom Verge demo they have there. A couple gets near me and start checking out the PS4 as I was playing. They then call a best buy employee and ask her the difference between the Destiny and the Last of Us bundle. I figure I'd help them out a little by telling them about the Black Friday Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto deal. Best buy lady goes to confirm it with her manager and comes back and says, "I'm not saying you are wrong, but we don't know if we will get that deal." I say to her that that's what it says on PlayStation blog, but she repeats what she said earlier. Now, I feel like I should not have opened my big mouth...

Oh and the couple walk out with the Last of Us bundle.

Theres a deal in Canada? What is it?

MesH

GTAV and FC4 Shipped friday, out for delivery today. Called BB about WWE2K15 and was told it was on backorder, so will most likely pick it up tomorrow and return the copy I get from my E3 order.
Also reordered DA:I and they gave me the E3 discount but it takes 3-5 buisness days before I get the refund.

My LBP3 copy shipped out Friday (from Futureshop) and got delivered this afternoon. It's waiting for me in my mailbox.

So I'm thinking some of you might be out of luck....sounds like supply issues

More like most of us... What the hell?

It’s convenient. Skip the lines at the store! You can go to work or go on vacation on release day knowing that your pre-order will be shipped right to your door.
It’s guaranteed. Pre-ordering ensures that you’ll receive the hottest products as close to (but not before) the release date as possible.

When do they plan to tell us that we are not getting our game like we are supposed to? Do they usually send a mail on the day of release?

baconcow

More like most of us... What the hell?

When do they plan to tell us that we are not getting our game like we are supposed to? Do they usually send a mail on the day of release?

Unfortunately, at least at Best Buy, the guarentee is proce related:

Pre-Order Guarantee. Our Pre-Order Guarantee ensures that if the price of an item you pre-ordered drops before it ships, you will automatically be charged the lower price. It also ensures that if you pre-ordered your item at $49.99 and the price rises to $59.99, you still only pay $49.99.

So I got a missed delivery notice from Canada Post and they said I can pick up my package tomorrow after 1pm. Do you think I can just go to the post office this evening to pick it up?

FrsDvl

So I got a missed delivery notice from Canada Post and they said I can pick up my package tomorrow after 1pm. Do you think I can just go to the post office this evening to pick it up?

Check tracking status. It'll let you know when they got it in. I can usually pick my stuff up around 7pm on the same day.

My delivery notices always say pick up next day, but I always to go to the post office after 6 pm to grab it and never had an issue.

Top Bottom