• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

vulva

got my 57$ish dollars refunded from MS to support the xbone discounted price for my sunset overdrive bundle.

Thank you based jake.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
you will be very disappointed with this one
Umm OK? I've been following the game for quite awhile so I know exactly what I'm getting into. Sadly, I don't expect anything from Yukes these days so I'm pretty just buying it because my friends and I still enjoy them together.

What the fuck. So many people getting games early in the mail. How do retailers selling the same item online justify having street dates in store. So stupid.

Shipping companies are probably in full Christmas mode now so there will be more workers to handle the increased load. I remember someone said they received something on Sunday, which rarely happens.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Noooooooooooo.

Y7rKF93.jpg

got my 57$ish dollars refunded from MS to support the xbone discounted price for my sunset overdrive bundle.

Thank you based jake.

What exactly are you referencing here? Any info on how to get an extra $50 back on my X1 Sunset Bundle would be nice. I ordered from MS though and got the Destiny + Gift card bundle. I suppose I'd be a jerk to ask for more...

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Is anyone going to be doing the Toys R Us buy 2 get 15% off games deal tomorrow? I don't really know if I feel that it's worth it with black Friday so close..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Received my dlc code for lbp 3 but still no shipping or billing from future shit!!!
Same for me here. Order page says I've been charged but I'm fairly confident they're going to spend the entirety of the next day fumbling around with my game right next door before finally getting it to me Wednesday.

NYR

So fun playing games a day early, my inbox goes nuts on ps4. Got LBP3 tonight, fun game! This is the 3rd game I've got early - watch dogs, AC: Unity and this one. Kudos best buy shipping.

Got my code for lbp3 from future shop and doesn't seem to work when I redeem it in the app, anyone else having issues?
My pre order code didn't work either, bummer. It says on the sheet it is active as of 11/11, but couldn't get it to work.

So Guys is GMG the cheapest place to get Unity and inquisition?

Yep. As part of the VIP thing on GMG you can get AC Unity and Far Cry 4 for around $50 CAD, and I think DA:I for around $56-57 somewhere around there I guess. GMG's been REALLY good to me for the past 2 years, especially now since the prices can sometimes be significantly cheaper. Got BF4 for $50 bucks on release last year. Got Civ 5 BNW for I think $20 at its time of release. Got Civ BE and Sniper Elite 3 for $40 on release.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

Thank you based jake.

Same here :D

Essentially I got the bundle for 367$ (with deductions & taxes).

Sold Destiny for 60$

Got 60$ in Xbox LIVE Gift Card

Happy customer!

Cynar

So fun playing games a day early, my inbox goes nuts on ps4. Got LBP3 tonight, fun game! This is the 3rd game I've got early - watch dogs, AC: Unity and this one. Kudos best buy shipping.

My pre order code didn't work either, bummer. It says on the sheet it is active as of 11/11, but couldn't get it to work.
Going to try again tomorrow and if that fails email support. Frustrating but glad to know I'm not alone. :) hope it works for us.

iphys

Looked at a bunch of flyers for next week, and looks like amiibo will be $14 everywhere.

TRU is going to have some sort of moonlight madness sale where the Mario 3D World Wii U bundle is going to be $250.

Wait a minute, did Best Buy just cancelled my order for FC4 Kyrat Edition? I remember getting it at E3. It says 'Shipment Cancelled'.

Did anyone else order around the same time?

Fuck! I was actually looking forward to it!

Ventara

Wait a minute, did Best Buy just cancelled my order for FC4 Kyrat Edition? I remember getting it at E3. It says 'Shipment Cancelled'.

BB sent an email to everyone who ordered that a while back that it was a mistake and the order would be cancelled.

Tagg9

Yeah, I just noticed the same thing. And no, I did NOT get any cancellation email. I thought they'd just downgrade it to the regular edition once they twigged on, not cancel the entire friggin' order.

bryt

Anyone else use Paypal during E3 to preorder with BestBuy? They just tried to charge me for a game (assuming it's Smash) and it was unable to process.

The other games in the order before this was charged fine though...

Another big release = another BB or PayPal bug?
Got "Unable to Process your BESTBUY.ca Order" email for my Smash Wii U

Well that's dumb, looks like it's a Paypal problem then?

the3ye

Anyone else use Paypal during E3 to preorder with BestBuy? They just tried to charge me for a game (assuming it's Smash) and it was unable to process.

The other games in the order before this was charged fine though...

Well that's dumb, looks like it's a Paypal problem then?

The funny thing is there's no way to change/edit PayPal info in BB order details

BB sent an email to everyone who ordered that a while back that it was a mistake and the order would be cancelled.

Is that true? I didn't get any such email and my order never showed up as cancelled prior to recently. In fact, the last time I got an order alert was on August and it mentioned no such thing as cancellation.

Yeah, I just noticed the same thing. And no, I did NOT get any cancellation email. I thought they'd just downgrade it to the regular edition once they twigged on, not cancel the entire friggin' order.

Yeah, I expected the same. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what's up.

Ventara

Didn't they say that was a mistake right after? I thought it was officially canceled later.

Not sure about that. I only got that one email from them. It included a code to get 30% off the regular edition.

Just to clarify, when I say they cancelled the order, I mean just Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition, not the rest of the games that were in the order.

Here's the email I got on July 7:

Dear (My Name),

Regrettably, we’re contacting you directly to inform you of a pricing error that occurred online on June 12, 2014. The product Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC WebID: 10295271, 10295394, 10295168, 10295375 and 10295354 was mistakenly advertised online at the wrong price of $69.99 when it should have been at $129.99 or $149.99 depending on the platform. We caught the error early and fixed it immediately; however, we cannot honour this price and will cancel your order for this product

From time-to-time these pricing mistakes can happen as a result of weekly price changes to the thousands of products we carry online. As a values-based organization, we look to our guiding principles to help us make the right decisions and corrections quickly. Your trust is paramount to us, and we’ll do everything we can to provide excellent customer service.

Again, we’re sorry we can’t complete your order at the incorrect price. If you haven’t already, you’ll soon receive a cancellation notice via email. If there were any other items in this order, they will not be affected by this cancelation. All other pre-order items in your cart will still receive the applied discount, as per the promotion.

As a token of our appreciation and sincere thanks for your loyalty to bestbuy.ca, we’d like to offer you a discount e-certificate for you to apply to the standard edition of Far Cry 4, as advertised during our pre-order promotion window or to the Kyrat edition of the game you originally ordered This discount will be valid until August 15 2014.

With the following code you will receive 30% off Far Cry 4 or $20 off the Kyrat Edition of Far Cry 4 for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 or PC.

Your eCertificate code is:
FARCRY45BDYTBC

It's possible this email went to your spam folder.

-Deimos

Not sure about that. I only got that one email from them. It included a code to get 30% off the regular edition.

Just to clarify, when I say they cancelled the order, I mean just Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition, not the rest of the games that were in the order.

Here's the email I got on July 7:

It's possible this email went to your spam folder.

Yeah I got that email as well but I remember either receiving another email or reading people say it was "fake"(according to the email).

Sora_N

Got two Kirby Triple Deluxe and one Zelda. Used the $10 off coupon so $50 for all 3 games. :) pretty sweet

FS charged me for Smash already, I was gonna do the trade-in at EB lol. Oh well gotta make a trip there and refund now! :p

CRA5H

My LBP3 from Bestbuy didn't ship and I'm actually not mad. I have GTAV on the way plus I just bought a Wii U so it can take as long as it wants....
but not too long.

Top Bottom