• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Ledhead

Since we're on the topic of shipping, looks like my Far Cry 4 and LBP 3 will be here tomorrow. Was hoping for today, but i'll settle with playing some DA:I tonight once it unlocks

baconcow

So I got a missed delivery notice from Canada Post and they said I can pick up my package tomorrow after 1pm. Do you think I can just go to the post office this evening to pick it up?

My post office (a drugstore) gets their truck between 6-8pm. It always says 1pm the next day on my cards. Almost never the case unless a delay.

Unfortunately, at least at Best Buy, the guarentee is proce related:

Their Pre-Order FAQ talks about that you are guaranteed a copy of your item as close as possible from release date. I understand that it might be the supplier who did not ship enough copies and it might not be an error on BB side. I just hope that they plan to "let me know".

My post office (a drugstore) gets their truck between 6-8pm. It always says 1pm the next day on my cards. Almost never the case unless a delay.

I can vouch for that. They are always there at 6pm on the same day for me.

Lexxism

So I got a missed delivery notice from Canada Post and they said I can pick up my package tomorrow after 1pm. Do you think I can just go to the post office this evening to pick it up?

Definitely depends on the person who is on duty. Never had any problem doing that until one time there's a lady insisted she wouldn't let me pick it up until the next day because that's what said on the notice -___-

Canada Post doesn't do its job here. They say they've attempted delivery, but they don't. They just write that on the card, then drop it off in the mailbox with a note to pick it up the next day.

It's pathetic, really

Canada Post doesn't do its job here. They say they've attempted delivery, but they don't. They just write that on the card, then drop it off in the mailbox with a note to pick it up the next day.

It's pathetic, really

Oh it's not just there. You should see some of the shit I've seen here (Edmonton).

I'll check online and it says "attempted delivery" even though I was home and there was no attempt

so I'll go and check the mailbox and there's not even a delivery notice card. what the fuck.

then the status will change to "delivery successful". still nothing in my mailbox.

the next day I'll check my mailbox and there will be a delivery card dated for the PREVIOUS day indicating an attempted delivery.

And half the time things will get delivered but the online status won't be update for a day or two later.

Cross post from the Nov. Pick-Up thread. Very happy!

Shweet action!

NeoGafNov17_zpsa33ae366.jpg

BadWolf

It's pathetic, really

Yup, happens to me all the time as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Blah, everyone getting their LBP3 early.

Every since some random time mid-last year FS has started shipping the day of or super late at night the day before and I've received things one day plus after release. You'd imagine living relatively close to a warehouse would have it's advantages, but no, it's a detriment.

No pre-order codes via e-mail either.

antibolo

Banned
I don't understand why anyone would pre-order mainstream AAA games, why risk it arriving late when you can just buy it on launch day at any store with no hassle?

I only pre-order for niche games I know I'll have a hard time finding in stores, or limited editions.

I don't understand why anyone would pre-order mainstream AAA games, why risk it arriving late when you can just buy it on launch day at any store with no hassle?

I only pre-order for niche games I know I'll have a hard time finding in stores, or limited editions.

Normally I agree but there are incentives for pre-ordering sometimes.

Futureshop had LittleBigPlanet for 49.99 a few weeks ago which is why I snagged mine early.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Pre-order deals. It's the only reason. I'd never pre-order a game at full-price, except for limited prints or things like that...!

Oh it's not just there. You should see some of the shit I've seen here (Edmonton).

I'll check online and it says "attempted delivery" even though I was home and there was no attempt

so I'll go and check the mailbox and there's not even a delivery notice card. what the fuck.

then the status will change to "delivery successful". still nothing in my mailbox.

the next day I'll check my mailbox and there will be a delivery card dated for the PREVIOUS day indicating an attempted delivery.

And half the time things will get delivered but the online status won't be update for a day or two later.

That's ridiculous

I've been home when they've attempted delivery, too, so it's obvious.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

There's pretty much no advantage to buying Day 1 in-store. Almost all games have some sale before launch for pre-orders, and you can probably tack on Day 1 shipping and it'll still be less.

Normally I agree but there are incentives for pre-ordering sometimes.

Futureshop had LittleBigPlanet for 49.99 a few weeks ago which is why I snagged mine early.
Yup, jumped on the same deal too. It repeated again recently IIRC.

23qwerty

Do you codes work for LBP3 ... mine doesnt :(

The paper code in the game case I mean

Possible the code won't work until official release?

Anyway my Dragon Age still hasn't shipped.. think I should just pick it up from Futureshop tomorrow and then return the shipped copy whenever it gets here?

Enilced2

Oh god I hear that. My GTA V has said in transit in Edmonton since 12:30 last night with no update. Constant attempted delivery but get home and it's there or once had delivery returned to sender because of wrong address.

Edit: I should clarify that I had all the right info for the package and best buy confirmed it. And according to Canada Post the driver shouldn't have been able to send it back for wrong address but he did

Mediatik

Ok my far cry 4 as been pre ordered since May , future shop as not shipped my copy yet, I called them up and they said the game is back ordered wtf !?!?

DJ_Lae

I've never had any issues here in Edmonton with Canada Post, and my UPS driver is the most consistent, fantastic guy I've ever seen. Amazon packages arrive between 5:30 and 6:00pm without fail (other than this Sunday, where he brought some movies around 1pm).

I had issues in Victoria, although I attribute that mostly to living in an apartment building.

The only annoyances I've had have been packages left on my front step when they're expensive orders (my One, most recently). I live on a busy street, too, so it's not as if no one will notice.

Pachinko

I've never had any issues here in Edmonton with Canada Post, and my UPS driver is the most consistent, fantastic guy I've ever seen. Amazon packages arrive between 5:30 and 6:00pm without fail (other than this Sunday, where he brought some movies around 1pm).

I had issues in Victoria, although I attribute that mostly to living in an apartment building.

The only annoyances I've had have been packages left on my front step when they're expensive orders (my One, most recently). I live on a busy street, too, so it's not as if no one will notice.

That pretty much mirrors my own experience with mail order in the edmonton area, UPS has a bad habit of ding dong ditch the package but on the plus side at least it usually shows up when they say it will.

Sheroking

I live in Edmonton and I've never had a good experience with Canada Post.

I'm thinking it varies driver to driver, because I regularly get tracking info that says my package is in Edmonton and don't get the package until three days later.

Kazerei

Banned
I just got an email from Future Shop with a code for exclusive DLC for Watch Dogs Wii U. What is it? Was there a FS preorder bonus for the other versions of Watch Dogs? I haven't been paying attention.

What the fuck. So many people getting games early in the mail. How do retailers selling the same item online justify having street dates in store. So stupid.

Sweet Ivy

I had the feeling there was a shortage of WiiU Pro controllers so I ordered 2 from Staples a couple of days ago and received them today... just in case anyone is looking for them.
(don't have a U yet, but I'll get one before the end of the year most likely)

Top Bottom