• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Is your DA tracking only showing it as "Accepted"? If so, mine's been like that since last night and I've gotten that a few times from Best Buy. It's like they generate the tracking number and it just sits at their distribution center waiting to actually go to Canada Post.

Yeah, it says that exactly. It's strange because I normally get these pre-ordered games at launch from Future Shop and Best Buy. In your experience, how long does it take to get the game shipped when it shows as "accepted", like it currently is?

zroid

Banned
I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but the following PS4 games are $18.99 at Costco:

inFAMOUS SS
Killzone SF
Knack
MLB 14 The Show

They aren't on clearance; they were just in the regular games section, and there were quite a few of them.

FWIW usually around this time of year Costco has a promo to get $4-5 off games priced at $18.99. There's a good chance if you wait about 1-2 weeks, you'll get those games for $14-15.

Yeah, it says that exactly. It's strange because I normally get these pre-ordered games at launch from Future Shop and Best Buy. In your experience, how long does it take to get the game shipped when it shows as "accepted", like it currently is?

Mine said "Accepted" up until I picked it up this morning lol. I think the system needs 24hrs to update.

ohlawd

Far Cry 4's here

man, I know the chance of success is 0% but I'm gonna ask if I just can exchange it for Dragon Age and still keep the E3 price >_>

either way, the game will be off my hands.

curb

Banned

Oddly enough, mine finally just moved to "In Transit".

For me being within a 2 hour drive of the GTA, if it moves from Accepted in the early afternoon then I have a chance of it showing up the next day but I'm at a point where I never count on it. I'll have my DA likely by Thursday at the latest unless something goes wrong. I seem to have bad luck with preorder deliveries though - I once had a BB package get shipped to Sault Ste. Marie by accident which resulted in a 12 day delivery time from Toronto to London.

Oddly enough, mine finally just moved to "In Transit".

For me being within a 2 hour drive of the GTA, if it moves from Accepted in the early afternoon then I have a chance of it showing up the next day but I'm at a point where I never count on it. I'll have my DA likely by Thursday at the latest unless something goes wrong. I seem to have bad luck with preorder deliveries though - I once had a BB package get shipped to Sault Ste. Marie by accident which resulted in a 12 day delivery time from Toronto to London.

Same here, mine just moved to In Transit also. I suppose it'll be here for tomorrow by the looks of it. Glad we'll be playing DA sometime this week! If you want someone to play the online portion with and are on PS4, my tag is FairXchangeGK7!

Hyunkel6

Far Cry 4's here

man, I know the chance of success is 0% but I'm gonna ask if I just can exchange it for Dragon Age and still keep the E3 price >_>

either way, the game will be off my hands.
Let us know how it goes. I'm also thinking of doing the exact same trade once Bestbuy decides to ship me the game sometime this week.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
My four year old will be ecstatic. He played all 30 plays of the demo. :)

Albw was for me. M and l is for him
I was referring to Kirby. That being said, M&L is perfect for a little kid.

curb

Banned
Same here, mine just moved to In Transit also. I suppose it'll be here for tomorrow by the looks of it. Glad we'll be playing DA sometime this week! If you want someone to play the online portion with and are on PS4, my tag is FairXchangeGK7!

I haven't even really thought about playing DA yet. I'm near the end of AC Unity and I want to wrap that up but I can add you on my PSN list for future adventurings.

Lexxism

Guys,

Does anyone know who has the best pre order deals on Smash? I'm preordering today and can't seem to find much information on Canadian pre order bonus's. My research so far is telling me Toys R Us has the best deal with the aambio or whatever the heck they are called but I'm not sure if that is US only or not.

I was going to say shop.ca because they have the $20 off coupon via facebook but I can't seem to find the game on their site.

quickly glanced through the Target black friday "deals" for games at work

mj-laughing.gif

dont even bother

khaaan

quickly glanced through the Target black friday "deals" for games at work

mj-laughing.gif

dont even bother

:(

I don't know whether you can say or not, but is Target going to get the PS4 black Friday bundles? It's not much of a deal but that'a all I really want out of Black Friday. I guess I'll find out soon enough though...

IceIpor

No shipping notices from Amazon.ca for DA:I and LBP3.

yTN0gVW.gif

I've been hearing that for Black Friday deals in general.

I know. I've even pre-ordered since June. Still not even in preparing to ship mode.
Far Cry is in "preparing to ship" status, but has been since yesterday.

I don't have high hopes for my Smash Bros pre-order at this rate, despite the 3ds one arriving on time.

isny

napkin dispenser
Are you back?

Fan Expo meetup wasn't the same without you. Your restaurant closing powers were sorely missed.

Aww, thanks! I'm sad I missed Fan Expo, such a cool line up!

And yeah I'm back for a bit. Leaving in a few days until early Dec, and then probably leaving again in May, but I'll be around from early Dec to late April, so I'll have to make it to a Toronto meetup sometime between now and then, preferably not one when it's -45 out.

I had the same problem with their GOW:Ascension pre-order code. Futureshop's customer service couldn't do shit and so did Sony's. Hopefully this case won't be similar.

I guess I will see with everyone else who had a code! If I am alone or if it's everyone. It kind of sucks that nobody was able to help you when it happened to you. You were promised something that did not work.

krae_man

Aww, thanks! I'm sad I missed Fan Expo, such a cool line up!

And yeah I'm back for a bit. Leaving in a few days until early Dec, and then probably leaving again in May, but I'll be around from early Dec to late April, so I'll have to make it to a Toronto meetup sometime between now and then, preferably not one when it's -45 out.

There should be one or two meetups during that time. Last one was last month. We'll make sure to get you down for one.

Canon

Banned
My phone number on my FutureShop orders is wrong for the credit card billing information. Will this stop my orders from being processed? I can't even change it on their damn website and when I call they always forget to do something.

IceIpor

My phone number on my FutureShop orders is wrong for the credit card billing information. Will this stop my orders from being processed? I can't even change it on their damn website and when I call they always forget to do something.

Not sure, but I had to call in to get them to change it along with CC info also.

Phone happened right away, CC took a couple of weeks.

explodet

I remember when Black Friday wasn't even a thing in Canada.
We only started paying attention to it more because the online stores were having sales and the really good dollar meant importing shit was super cost-effective.

daevv

Walmart.ca mailed my E3 $49 Far Cry 4 today. Based on where I live (Newfoundland) I should get it next week. At least there is a Demo to play on PS4 till then. :)

I know. I've even pre-ordered since June. Still not even in preparing to ship mode.
Far Cry is in "preparing to ship" status, but has been since yesterday.

I don't have high hopes for my Smash Bros pre-order at this rate, despite the 3ds one arriving on time.

I had to email them to get mine changed over. Everything single thing ive pre-ordered from them has been late to ship due to "techincal error" so i emailed yesterday to make sure the "technical error" didnt happen. Oh and Halo MCC finally shipped today as well

I am having such a hard time deciding if I keep the few Amiibo I pre-ordered... Doesn't look like we'll have any deal on them until maybe boxing day. I am also scared, knowing Nintendo, that a few of them might go out of stock for a while. Decisions, decisions...

I am having such a hard time deciding if I keep the few Amiibo I pre-ordered... Doesn't look like we'll have any deal on them until maybe boxing day. I am also scared, knowing Nintendo, that a few of them might go out of stock for a while. Decisions, decisions...

Honestly man, I could be wrong, but I have a gut feeling those things won't be hard to find at all.

Hey guys, need some help.

I bought the Last of Us bundle today at Wal-Mart, opening it up, and there was no voucher for the game.

Called Sony customer service, and they said there was nothing they could do. Fair enough, it makes sense.

So is my only option to return the system? I just finished setting up my PS4 and now I have to return it in order to get the voucher?

Ffs.

Tales of Xillia 2 is 29.99$ on amazon. Only 2 left, will probably be sold out by the time I take a decision! haha

Tempted to bite, but I think that I should be holding for 19.99$ in the next few months. Realistic?

Ventara

Tales of Xillia 2 is 29.99$ on amazon. Only 2 left, will probably be sold out by the time I take a decision! haha

Tempted to bite, but I think that I should be holding for 19.99$ in the next few months. Realistic?

Realistic, considering Tales of Graces f, Xilia and Symphonia have dropped to that price. I'll hold out, too.

Sora_N

You are right to worry but usually Nintendo restocks stuff. Just takes a long ass time sometimes

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

I had over 8 pre-ordered. Brought it down to 4 for the mains I want. Then I will buy more once the initial rush has passed and will most likely have a B2G1 free event at toysrus for wave 3

i-Jest

I remember when Black Friday wasn't even a thing in Canada.
We only started paying attention to it more because the online stores were having sales and the really good dollar meant importing shit was super cost-effective.

The Glory days are behind us but they may yet soon return. Let us have faith Canuck GAF. Let us BELIEVE.

Top Bottom