• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Ventara

Okay let's make it sillier... say I already have $115 in store credit. What then? :lol

Poor wallet.

If it's a store I frequent (BB, FS, EB) I'd do it, since I can see myself spending the money. I once had almost $500 spread between FS and BB back when they had those awesome trade-in deals.

Chatin

Not sure where to find it on the ebgames site. Does anyone know what the trade in value would be on Dragon Age Inquisition 360 right now? Friend picked it up and started playing, but that version of the game is a bugged mess and I'm curious what it would cost him to unload this and pick up the PC version.

Returners

Not sure where to find it on the ebgames site. Does anyone know what the trade in value would be on Dragon Age Inquisition 360 right now? Friend picked it up and started playing, but that version of the game is a bugged mess and I'm curious what it would cost him to unload this and pick up the PC version.

tivs.ca

Though I highly doubt it would show up since it came out today.

IIRC the highest EBGames gives is what 40 bucks?

I am having such a hard time deciding if I keep the few Amiibo I pre-ordered... Doesn't look like we'll have any deal on them until maybe boxing day. I am also scared, knowing Nintendo, that a few of them might go out of stock for a while. Decisions, decisions...

Was that Toys R Us deal confirmed to be US only?

Vinc

Am I the only one with this problem? Ordered Dragon Age from Best Buy and got the shipping notice email last night.... and this is what has been showing up on Canada Post's website ever since?

Q113FyI.jpg

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Am I the only one with this problem? Ordered Dragon Age from Best Buy and got the shipping notice email last night.... and this is what has been showing up on Canada Post's website ever since?

Q113FyI.jpg
That's how one of my orders was for me, but it suddenly changed to Item Processed a few hours ago.

vulva

What exactly are you referencing here? Any info on how to get an extra $50 back on my X1 Sunset Bundle would be nice. I ordered from MS though and got the Destiny + Gift card bundle. I suppose I'd be a jerk to ask for more...

When MS announced their 50$ price cut on all bundles, no one was certain what was happening in Canada. So I asked a customer support rep on the MS website. He said, in very vague and uncertain phrasing, that all bundles were cut by 50. I made it clear to him that I would order the SO bundle under those circumstances, he said great enjoy etc.

So I ordered. Then it was confirmed Canada WASN'T getting that price cut. I emailed a rep asking when I would receive my refund for 50+tax, and he processed it immediately.

So I'm pretty sure I got the deal based on the circumstances of my purchase. I held on to the chatlog etc to be certain.

ohlawd

Let us know how it goes. I'm also thinking of doing the exact same trade once Bestbuy decides to ship me the game sometime this week.

no dice

I asked if I could do a straight swap with another game and they're like "yeah, sure." I brought up the amount I paid which was 55 bucks after taxes then they said I'd have to add onto the amount if the thing I wanted cost more D:

oh well. peace out, Far Cry 4. See you when you drop to 20. Eh, trip wasn't wasted. Got Splinter Cell Blacklist SE Wii U for 11. I think it got to 4 bucks used online, whatever.

master15

Not exactly gaming related but anyone got a recommendation of where I should be looking for good priced laptops? I am wanting nothing to fancy in 300-350 price range.

Thanks

DJ_Lae

Not exactly gaming related but anyone got a recommendation of where I should be looking for good priced laptops? I am wanting nothing to fancy in 300-350 price range.

Thanks

No idea if they have any deals at the moment but the Microsoft Store has had some decent sales on laptops in the last few months.

So, like, what are the chances of there being a PS Vita deal this Black Friday (or Christmas) or should I not even bother with a Vita at this point?

So, like, what are the chances of there being a PS Vita deal this Black Friday (or Christmas) or should I not even bother with a Vita at this point?

Well, the Gamestop (US) flyer for Black Friday didn't even have a Vita section, let alone Vitas/Vita bundles on sale. I wouldn't say there's no chance, but it's not looking good.

You know the answer, if you love particular japanese games, indies or classic PS1 on the go, you should still bother at regular price if no deals come. I could see a deal for Christmas or Boxing Day, I have my doubts for Black Friday. Also, Shoppers on a X20 points day is always a good way to go.

zroid

Banned
Did anyone ever figure out what's going on with the Smash Bros Steelbook at Future Shop? They've had it in their system for a while, but there's no mention of it on the Smash Bros. product page or anything.

10319972.jpg

Normally what happens with these is they cost $99.99 but automatically discount to $0 when you add it to the cart along with the associated game, but not this time.

Sealtest

They stated those are in-store only, even tho it was on the website.

Also looks like FS/BB won't be getting the gamecube adapters before launch on the site.

I really hope amazon ships my adapter with my release guarantee pokemon ruby/sapphire.

Hyunkel6

no dice

I asked if I could do a straight swap with another game and they're like "yeah, sure." I brought up the amount I paid which was 55 bucks after taxes then they said I'd have to add onto the amount if the thing I wanted cost more D:

oh well. peace out, Far Cry 4. See you when you drop to 20. Eh, trip wasn't wasted. Got Splinter Cell Blacklist SE Wii U for 11. I think it got to 4 bucks used online, whatever.
Thanks a lot for the info. I guess I'll stick with the game when I receive it tomorrow.

Bah, looks like the value isn't going to be phenomenal from the look of it, but it's nice to know there are somewhere I can go other than EB. Not feeling to safe about selling stuff on Craigslist.

If it's like Kijiji, just expect some people to offer you a carrot with a bite off and 3 rolls of pennies, some "meet me there" but they never show up and a lot of people backing out mid-deal for the strangest reasons. I sell a lot of stuff and it's 50/50 between decent people and total waste of time. You make more money but I often wonder if it worth the hassle... I never know what to expect when I open a reply or when I get someone who makes the promise that he's going to buy my stuff. "Firm price and no exchange" are also words that seem to be very misunderstood in the community...

Xenoflare

If it's like Kijiji, just expect some people to offer you a carrot with a bite off and 3 rolls of pennies, some "meet me there" but they never show up and a lot of people backing out mid-deal for the strangest reasons. I sell a lot of stuff and it's 50/50 between decent people and total waste of time. You make more money but I often wonder if it worth the hassle... I never know what to expect when I open a reply or when I get someone who makes the promise that he's going to buy my stuff. "Firm price and no exchange" are also words that seem to be very misunderstood in the community...

Exactly, for me it's just not worth the hassle. I don't mind asking around with people I know first, who knows, I did game trade ins with Future Shop before and while it doesn't offer special deals like T3G1F as EB but the value is generally much higher and it's less hassle dealing with the staff.

i-Jest

It's become a hassle definitely. I respond to an add and the seller won't even bother to respond back. Two weeks later the add is taken down. WTF? Other times they don't even bother to show. Its become a waist of time for games in my experience. It's a real shame. It use to be a great site to find used games, even classics, for a decent price.

Luigi87

Ugh, I had completely forgotten that my credit card info updated this month (new exp. date)... My SSB order is tied to the old one on FS, and I can't change it on my order via the website (even if I update my cc info in my account, the exp.date stays the same on the order)... Guess I'll have to call them.

Q113FyI.jpg

My Far Cry 4 finally ticked forward mid day yesterday. It reach "item processed" at 14:00 yesterday and it is still there as of this morning. I was hoping to get it today but it looks like that may not even happen. :/

isny

napkin dispenser
There should be one or two meetups during that time. Last one was last month. We'll make sure to get you down for one.

You'd be proud to know that I lived up to the tradition though, albeit in Italy.

One night in Venice I took a group of us to a very (recently) well reviewed small restaurant, we walked around for hours looking for it, eventually figured out we had walked past it multiple times...because it was closed permanently as far as we could figure out from the Italian signs in the windows.

iphys

Shoppers electronics sale is this Sat/Sun. Wii U for $250, 3DS XL for $130 (if they still have any left after last time), PS4 still $450 but gets you a $75 Shoppers gift card, XOne is $370 and gets you 22,000 bonus points.

i-Jest

Shoppers electronics sale is this Sat/Sun. Wii U for $250, 3DS XL for $130 (if they still have any left after last time), PS4 still $450 but gets you a $75 Shoppers gift card, XOne is $370 and gets you 22,000 bonus points.

Well that's nice. Perfect for those still looking for a Wii U Looking to play Smash before the weeks out.

Nothing for Vita for that guy who was looking for one last night?

Vinc

The Canada Post page finally updated... " Canada Post processing error; item re-routed. Possible delay."

I ALWAYS have problems with these guys. Dammit. Anyone had that before? Does it mean it's being sent back to Best Buy?

Lexxism

The Canada Post page finally updated... " Canada Post processing error; item re-routed. Possible delay."

I ALWAYS have problems with these guys. Dammit. Anyone had that before? Does it mean it's being sent back to Best Buy?

I had the same thing. It happened on Friday with Fantasy Life release. I got my the following week on Tuesday

Zing

Banned
I cancelled all my Amazon Amiibo preorders. Even with prime shipping, it was scheduled to arrive next week. No thanks. It doesn't seem as though it will be a problem to just buy from a local store. Some Best Buy near me even list them as in stock already.

Just got one on Saturday for $299 ._.

did get $70+ in points tho

Oneself

Out of my DAI, FC4, LBP3 & GTA5 E3 order from FS, I got GTA on time yesterday. Guessing from Canada Post's tracking infos, I should get DAI&FC4 today, followed by LBP3 tomorrow. Not perfect but not that bad actually.

khaaan

Is this in a flyer/all shoppers?
That PS4 deal looks kinda good, it actually might be the best deal out there.

Edit: Though I don't think I've ever seen anything other than 3DS's at my local shoppers.

zroid

Banned
Is this in a flyer/all shoppers?
That PS4 deal looks kinda good, it actually might be the best deal out there.

Edit: Though I don't think I've ever seen anything other than 3DS's at my local shoppers.

A lot of Shoppers keep their consoles hidden away for security reasons but don't actually advertise that they have them available.

I have yet to redeem any of my Optimum points, you can use them on sale items, right?

Completely unrelated, but is anyone getting these emails from your own address saying "your Apple account was used to download an app"? It's obviously a phish but why is the sender my own email address? It's different than if I emailed myself since it would show my name. Very odd.

I ask because flagging it as spam doesn't stop the emails. And I have two-step verification so the chance of my account being hacked is very low.

Top Bottom