• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

You could get a 360 controller. Wired is ~$30, wireless ~$40.

On RFD they say there are about a thousand people in line at the MS Store, so don't hold out hope for a 360.

Which MS Store? The one that just opened at the Eaton Center in Toronto? If so fuck that then. They just opened today and I was planning on checking it out before meeting up with friends. Guess I'll just stay home longer and refresh my Amazon order page until Smash Bros ships

antibolo

Banned
Also some really good exclusives that havent been released anywhere else like Crackdown, Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, Child of Eden.

Child of Eden is not exclusive, it's also on PS3. The 360 version is arguably the definitive one though, due to Kinect support (the PS3 version supports Move but I think Kinect was their true intent).

Mupod

Got shipping notice of Smash.

Is today the last day of the Target pre-paid card deal?

I almost forgot about this, good to hear I'm not too late. I'm going to the mall after work anyways and I was gonna grab a prepaid card for the destiny expansion. I learned my lesson FIFA-style about saving credit card info on a sony system last year.

antibolo

Banned
I almost forgot about this, good to hear I'm not too late. I'm going to the mall after work anyways and I was gonna grab a prepaid card for the destiny expansion. I learned my lesson FIFA-style about saving credit card info on a sony system last year.

What happened?

Got shipping notice of Smash.

Is today the last day of the Target pre-paid card deal?

Yep it is.

CanadaShippingGAF hear my woes. Smash Bros 4 is apparently shipping now from Amazon for me... But they also changed the delivery estimate from its release day to next Wednesday and I have 1-2 day shipping on the order. Amazon why are you scaring me like this.

MarkusRJR

How long do EB Games midnight launches stay open till? I have work till 12:30am and was wondering if I'd still make it in time to pick up my Pokemon pre-order.

How long do EB Games midnight launches stay open till? I have work till 12:30am and was wondering if I'd still make it in time to pick up my Pokemon pre-order.

From what I remember from a year ago they tend to stay open for at least an hour after midnight... I think, unless they changed it. Keep in mind though this might also depend on how many people actually line up at midnight. It might be worth calling the EB Games you frequent the most to ask about their midnight launch policies and how long they're gonna stay open.

Mupod

What happened?

I put my credit card info into the PS3 to buy ni no kuni on sale, previously I'd bought everything via my web browser on PC but I didn't have it available at the time. Few days later I had $100 in charges on my card from someone buying FIFA ultimate team packs or something (I've never played it in my life).

It was a common issue on both Xbox and PS3:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=723442
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451055

Phishing would be the obvious conclusion normally, but I work in IT and I'm habitually careful with passwords - my PSN password is unique. I've heard a theory that they do it by calling support and pretending to be you in order to authorize purchases. Either way Sony reversed it immediately after I called them and there was no problem afterwards. But I'd rather not risk it again, especially since PSN was coincidentally down the day it happened and I had to wait to get it sorted out. Not worth the stress.

There's no Microplay in Toronto anymore IIRC. :(

Really! That's tragic... The Toronto store and the Ottawa Merivale store were the first two Microplays, with the Ottawa Bank St. store being the third... and then a couple years later we openned Mitch's second T.O. store... then they went all corporate and franchised or whatever and I wasn't working there anymore... but of the original three, only the Ottawa Bank St. store survives, and that's kind of sad... I spent so much time at the two original Ottawa stores over the three years I worked there, and for years after just hanging out and talking with the guys and other customers... hard to believe that was more than 20 years ago now...

West Edmonton Mall can fuck off. They're having the "midnight launch" for SSB/ORAS at 10:00 PM, but my movie doesn't end until 10:30, so now I have to go to another EB Games and stand outside. #firstworldproblems

kevin1025

Banned
That Walmart Black Friday deal of the Wii U Mario 3D World bundle + either DK Tropical Freeze or Wind Waker HD for $299 is burning a hole in my pocket... someone talk me out of it!

snack

I considered this, but unless they have a deal on the WiiU that same weekend, then it's the same price either way.

My Shop.ca SSB order still hasn't shipped. Hoping it at least ships tomorrow.
My shop.ca smash order is still "processing"...

Big Chungus

best buy shipped out smash bros on tuesday night.

it went from richmond to edmonton then back to richmond and now on its way to me.

wut

Roto13

Are Future Shop or Best Buy doing any bonuses or anything for buying Smash this weekend? (Sometimes they throw in a steelbook case or figurine or some little thing for new Nintendo games.)

IceIpor

Yep it is.

CanadaShippingGAF hear my woes. Smash Bros 4 is apparently shipping now from Amazon for me... But they also changed the delivery estimate from its release day to next Wednesday and I have 1-2 day shipping on the order. Amazon why are you scaring me like this.

Dammit Canada post. They bumped expected delivery for Smash from tomorrow to Monday :(

Yep. Checked and saw notice that Amazon was shipping my DA, Smash, and Pokymans all together and scheduled for tomorrow.

I hope it actually arrives tomorrow!

i-Jest

EDIT: NVM

Indigo Chapters:

110642_COUPON_ENG_25Off_MerryGiftingOmni_v2.jpg

"Enjoy 4,500 plum points (a $10 value) on your next holiday purchase of $30 or more in-store or online". "Offer valid Nov. 20-23, 2014".

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Amazon actually shipped the Wii U GC adapter + GC Smash controller today, it's a miracle!

MesH

Was charged for SSB on Nov.17. It is now the 20 and still no shipping notifcation and the game releases tomorrow....WTF BestBuy. Next year I will be making preorders through FS as well, so tired of dealing with BB CS department.

I'm freaking out right now. My separate orders of Smash 4, the adapter and controller are still in "shipping now" status. Will they really be here by 8pm tommorow? The shipping facility is in Mississauga and I live in Toronto so idk

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Was charged for SSB on Nov.17. It is now the 20 and still no shipping notifcation and the game releases tomorrow....WTF BestBuy. Next year I will be making preorders through FS as well, so tired of dealing with BB CS department.

Bad news: it's the same exact company, using the same warehouses and the same costumer service.

MarkusRJR

I haven't had my Pokémon or Smash ship yet, and I haven't even been charged. WTF Best Buy? It'll probably be here a week from now if it ships tomorrow...

Should I be worried?

Time to start shopping via my local game store (PNP Games) and VideoGamesPlus. I've had BB/FS fuck up nearly every E3 deal preordering so far. Only two to come within the same week of release was Forza Horizon 2 and Smash 3DS.

Oxymoron

That'll show 'em.

MesH

That'll show 'em.

Thanks guys I am well aware of this, just seems to be people complaining about having problems with BB and paying with paypal, havent read a single one about Futureshop having issues. I have been on the phone with CS multiples times in the last 3 weeks over pay pal issues.

zeitgeist

Just got a Shipping Notice from BB for SSB!!

I always get worried but I don't think they've ever actually missed me for a Day one shipment. Futureshop has been pretty good too.

That being said, if it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'm gonna flip a table.

Oxymoron

Thanks guys I am well aware of this, just seems to be people complaining about having problems with BB and paying with paypal, havent read a single one about Futureshop having issues. I have been on the phone with CS multiples times in the last 3 weeks over pay pal issues.

They share software, CS, and payment processing infrastructure, so I'm not sure what you think is going to be different.

Ryne

They share software, CS, and payment processing infrastructure, so I'm not sure what you think is going to be different.

I work at the 9200 Airport Road warehouse, it's funny watching peoples faces when I explain that BB/FS share everything, even though it has been years since the merger.

Ventara

I got shipping notices for Smash and Pokemons a few hours ago, do I'll probably get them tomorrow.

I'm gonna show my brother how it's done in Smash this weekend!
I'm gonna get curbstomped. Haven't played for 10 years since 64, and he's been playing semi-frequently every iteration of the series.

Sora_N

Any stores break street date for Amiibos in Vancouver? Have class tonight and then tomorrow morning so I'm not gonna bother going out tonight lol.

Top Bottom