• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Blar. Still waiting for a good Black Friday deal in Canada on an Xbox One. No way I'm paying $399 for one, but if I can get the Sunset Overdrive bundle for cheaper then I'd be very happy.

Blar. Still waiting for a good Black Friday deal in Canada on an Xbox One. No way I'm paying $399 for one, but if I can get the Sunset Overdrive bundle for cheaper then I'd be very happy.

Based on the MS Store sale prices, it's looking likely that black Friday deals this year at most major retailers will have $50 off all Xbox Ones. That's my guess, anyway. No FS, BB, WM etc. flyers have leaked for BF yet, though.

Bless future shop. Shipped my pokemon, didn't get email but checked site and it shows tracking and everything. Will get it tomorrow.

Still have yet to get a game on day 1 from them.

Lizardus

well then.....

AUTiCVr.jpg

well then.....

AUTiCVr.jpg

So it's final. They are in white cases. :(

Well at least we can use the red ones from the reprints of MK7, NSMB2, and 3D Land IIRC.

Alpha Sapphire though isn't as lucky. :(

Also I was at the MS Store at Eaton Centre, they had a shit ton of 360s on a table and on the floor and were seemingly not display boxes, so unless those were all gobbled up, you might have a shot still.

Zing

Banned
Tracking for Smash from Best Buy just shows the label has been printed. Unless there is some lag time for their system, it looks like I'll have to buy a copy from a store tomorrow to have it for the weekend. Oh well.

Sora_N

When was it said that it wouldn't be in the white cases?

EDIT: Lol Europe. Oh well, I'd rather it be white so it's consistent.

Probably not worth much to most of yall but EB has a 20% bonus trade in credit promo if you trade towards toys and accessories this month. I was told it should work on amiibo.

I don't trade games normally but I've accumulated a few duplicates over the years so gonna put those toward an amiibo or two.

I am also tempted for Amiibos... Depending of what I might trade, there is other interesting offers:

-10$ bonus when you trade in 3 games of a minimum value of 5$
-Trade 3 with a minimum value of 8$ for a 50$ gift card, 4 for 75$.

Depending on the value, it might end up better than the 20% toward accessories. Now I wonder if my closest EBGames will have some available, I don't think that it's a very popular store. Damn you Amiboos!

Edit: How are they ALL out of stock for pre-order on the EB website? Do they usually stop taking pre-order just before something comes out or did they really sell all of them?

MesH

They share software, CS, and payment processing infrastructure, so I'm not sure what you think is going to be different.
As I stated before, people have been posting problems with orders failing because of an issue with pay pal, all the complaints have been about best buy, not a single one about future shop. So if everything is the same then why is that? And if everything is the same then why is there such a difference when orders ship or don't on time, you read about it all the time on here. Love when people are so quick to jump on with negative responses, when I have been posting frustration with there CS on multiple occasions in the last 3 week's on here with out a single respones when other people have been suffering with the same problem. If you can't be helpful then keep negative responses to one's self thanks.

Sora_N

I am also tempted for Amiibos... Depending of what I might trade, there is other interesting offers:

-10$ bonus when you trade in 3 games of a minimum value of 5$
-Trade 3 with a minimum value of 8$ for a 50$ gift card, 4 for 75$.

Depending on the value, it might end up better than the 20% toward accessories. Now I wonder if my closest EBGames will have some available, I don't think that it's a very popular store. Damn you Amiboos!

Edit: How are they ALL out of stock for pre-order on the EB website? Do they usually stop taking pre-order just before something comes out or did they really sell all of them?

They probably didn't allocate that much stock on the site, since stock goes to stores too.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just got back from EB, traded Destiny and Sunset Overdrive for $55 and got an eshop card so I can just get Smash on the eShop. Haven't received a shipping notice from FS so I assume I'm not getting it tomorrow anyway.

Are there any good deals on the PS4 on Amazon.ca currently or planned for Black Friday? Have some credit on there, but it seems the good deals are always with other retailers.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So is there any canadian deal for Black Friday? Don't they announce those at least a day or two in advance...?

I was hoping to get Alien Isolation, Evil Within or a WiiU Pro Controller, but I guess I'll have to wait for boxing day.

iphys

Fox is sold out on BB and FS website. Samus on BB and Walmart... There we go? Or short time shortage? haha

I pre-ordered Fox and DK on BB. They just shipped me DK and no Fox, so I guess they didn't get as many in stock as they were expecting to get . . . ? Haven't been told my order for Fox is cancelled, so presumably more stock is on the way.

got an email from FS saying my payment method did not go through, even though I was using Paypal and other games were processed without any issues

thanks FS, weekend ruined

So is there any canadian deal for Black Friday? Don't they announce those at least a day or two in advance...?

I was hoping to get Alien Isolation, Evil Within or a WiiU Pro Controller, but I guess I'll have to wait for boxing day.

Black Friday is next Friday, not tomorrow. You can expect flyer drops over the next few days--the Microsoft Store's already posted prices.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Black Friday is next Friday, not tomorrow. You can expect flyer drops over the next few days--the Microsoft Store's already posted prices.

Uh, for some reason I was sure it was tomorrow. I feel stupid now, ahah.

I heard Nintendo games don't really drop in price much over time.. is that true?

I'm getting a Wii U for xmas and would like to pick up Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker and Bayo 2 sometime. Don't really want to pay $60 or whatever it is for each though.

iphys

I heard Nintendo games don't really drop in price much over time.. is that true?

I'm getting a Wii U for xmas and would like to pick up Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker and Bayo 2 sometime. Don't really want to pay $60 or whatever it is for each though.

The MSRP usually takes several years to drop, but you will find sales from time to time, or there's buying at Shoppers on Optimum bonus point days.

StevieP

Banned

No, they don't really drop until later in the life of the system, generally. Best bet is to jump on deals that involved a "buy 2 get 1 free" or something along those lines, which some stores have sometimes. Edit: and as mentioned above, there are times there it goes on sale at Shoppers as well.

There are also occasional sales at your normal locations and used if you want to go that route (FS/BB regularly have sales that knock 50% off used games). There will likely be some of that happening on the black friday/cyber monday weekend.

Amazon shipped via Canada Post. I prefer that. It's usually UPS from them.

Edit. People need to stop using PayPal for FS/BB. We get people complaining about cancelled orders daily.

Nintendo games are like apple products. Dat resale value.

Amazon shipped via Canada Post. I prefer that. It's usually UPS from them.

Edit. People need to stop using PayPal for FS/BB. We get people complaining about cancelled orders daily.
I wish they'd permanently go back to canada post

KarmaCow

So Toys R Us has the Mario 3D World Wii U bundle for $250 tomorrow (not next week), but only for 2 hours (10pm to 12am), which seems kinda crazy. It even seems to be in-store only which seems even more insane considering the deal isn't that amazing. Or is that great deal? I've been debating between a Wii U or a new graphics card and I've been leaning more to the Wii U since I've bought 3 Wii U games already for some reason.

StevieP

Banned
So Toys R Us has the Mario 3D World Wii U bundle for $250 tomorrow (not next week), but only for 2 hours (10pm to 12am), which seems kinda crazy. It even seems to be in-store only which seems even more insane considering the deal isn't that amazing. Or is that great deal? I've been debating between a Wii U or a new graphics card and I've been leaning more to the Wii U since I've bought 3 Wii U games already for some reason.

50 bucks off isn't so bad, considering the refurbed consoles are $200 US and don't come with Mario.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You're better off buying it from Shoppers. Same price plus 20x points all weekend.

This 2 hour sale at midnight is the very definition of manufactured hype, the deal itself isn't even that good.

jholmes

Like fucking clockwork.

Courtesy of RFD, tomorrow night for 10pm - midnight, TRU is selling the Wii U 3DW bundle for $250.

This is a good deal for anyone who was thinking of typing "Any Black Friday deals for Wii U?"

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

Honestly with how the Canadian dollar been shitting. 250$ for a Wii U with 3D World and Nintendoland is a great price.

I doubt we will see anything lower in the holidays or the next year for that matter. Ain't no price cut coming to Canada anytime soon. Thank You Bank of Canada.

Uh, for some reason I was sure it was tomorrow. I feel stupid now, ahah.

If it makes you feel any better, I've seen tons of people make the exact same mistake! I think it was the early release/leak of some US Black Friday flyers, plus the late start of Black Friday this year (Cyber Monday is December 1st, crazy), that confused a lot of people.

KarmaCow

The 2 hour in-store thing is what's making me hesitant. Don't want to deal with that shit but if it's a good deal for the next year or so, might as well have a way to play SSBWii U tomorrow.

You're better off buying it from Shoppers. Same price plus 20x points all weekend.

This 2 hour sale at midnight is the very definition of manufactured hype, the deal itself isn't even that good.

Shoppers seems to only have the standard deluxe version for $250.

Like fucking clockwork.

Whoops sorry, I just searched for "Toys R Us" for a few pages and nothing popped up. Should have manually looked.

it depends sometimes they will drop it and sometimes you will have a game with no price drop for 5 years

Sora_N

Anyone in Vancouver area going to the launch tonight?

I only know Brentwood is 9PM, Oakridge is 12AM. So lame. I can't do Brentwood, too far for me.

If I wanted to drop by a Smash launch tonight what time would I need to show up if I don't have a pre-order? I'm studying at the campus library and am thinking about stepping out and grabbing it along with a coffee if I can.

Also I see Gamestop is doing events but what about Bestbuy/Futureshop?

Zing

Banned
If I wanted to drop by a Smash launch tonight what time would I need to show up if I don't have a pre-order? I'm studying at the campus library and am thinking about stepping out and grabbing it along with a coffee if I can.

Also I see Gamestop is doing events but what about Bestbuy/Futureshop?
I'm considering going to the Aurora EB for midnight. I also don't have a preorder.

Anyone in the area? I dunno, I could just pick it up in the morning at 9am.

Firestorm

Anyone in Vancouver area going to the launch tonight?

I only know Brentwood is 9PM, Oakridge is 12AM. So lame. I can't do Brentwood, too far for me.
wtf. Oakridge isn't doing 9PM? That's where my bundle is pre-ordered -.-

Edit: Just called. Oakridge open at 9.

You can also get the 3D World bundle along with your choice of either Wind Waker HD or Tropical Freeze for $300, at Wal-mart or Amazon, if that's more interesting to you. I suppose it's about equivalent to the Toys'r'us deal, since you can probably get WW or TF for $50 anyway... but it's not limited to 2 hours at least. :)

Top Bottom