• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

I just got an email from amazon, and it looks like my Smash and Pokemon are actually going to arrive tomorrow! I...I don't even know how to process this. Release day shipping? From Amazon?

zroid

Banned
I just got an email from amazon, and it looks like my Smash and Pokemon are actually going to arrive tomorrow! I...I don't even know how to process this. Release day shipping? From Amazon?

Of the 5 games I've ordered from Amazon which have shipped thus far, 4 were release day delivery (I'm counting Smash Wii U and Pokémon here).

The other 1 was Bayonetta 2, and the only reason it got delayed is because they decided to wait till Freedom Wars released a couple days later before sending them both together. That seems to be the MO with Amazon...

KarmaCow

You can also get the 3D World bundle along with your choice of either Wind Waker HD or Tropical Freeze for $300, at Wal-mart or Amazon, if that's more interesting to you. I suppose it's about equivalent to the Toys'r'us deal, since you can probably get WW or TF for $50 anyway... but it's not limited to 2 hours at least. :)

Wow yea that seems like way less of a hassle. I'll try that, thanks.

Sealtest

for some reason I'm not even getting shipping emails from futureshop anymore.

Think I have any chance of my smash shipmentincluding my adapter + amiibos that was part of another order that was charged but never got shipping notice for

Ondore

Best Buy/Paypal update: Called them, they said it failed on Pokemon OR but then I got a new Paypal authorization for the order including Pokemon. /shrug

Looks like Omega Ruby ships tomorrow, but I'm getting Alpha Sapphire from EB so no big problem there. Maybe they can save a shipment and throw it in the Persona Q package?

My Smash Bro shipped but it doesn't look like it's gonna make it based on the tracking status. :(

On the bright side, Pokemon ORAS will make it to me tomorrow! I wonder if some orders are backed up because of the sheer quantity of preorders....

Smash Bros Canada Post Expected Delivery: Monday.

The dream is dead :(

I believe in Amazon and Canada Post. It at some point said it was coming on release. Believe CanadaGAF BELIEVE...

Oh my god I'm still scared. If it doesn't come tomorrow I'm saying fuck it and buying it later. I'm going to the midnight thing down the street JUST to get the adapter

Tuck

Meh. Just buy it from the store tomorrow, then return your online copy to that store next week.

I'm going to hit EB on my way to university in the morning.

Is it possible to return a game from FutureShop (unopened) to an EB Games? I guess I always assumed the barcodes on the back would prevent that, but I don't really know how that works.

I believe in Amazon and Canada Post. It at some point said it was coming on release. Believe CanadaGAF BELIEVE...

Oh my god I'm still scared. If it doesn't come tomorrow I'm saying fuck it and buying it later. I'm going to the midnight thing down the street JUST to get the adapter

Lol, the adapter I bought from Amazon is on track for delivery tomorrow. The game, from Futureshop, is not. But Mario Kart 8 was delivered on time, so perhaps there is still hope - I don't know.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Monday for Smash according to Canada Post's website... Why can't they ship it in advance to make sure it arrives on launch day?! Argh...

At least I'm not paying full price, but it's still incredibly disappointing. I even had 2 days off, it was the perfect timing. :/

Lol, the adapter I bought from Amazon is on track for delivery tomorrow. The game, from Futureshop, is not. But Mario Kart 8 was delivered on time, so perhaps there is still hope - I don't know.

The smash thirst is so REAL right now. In this case I actually need it cause I have people coming over Friday and Saturday and Smash is a good party game. Part of me also things I'm overblowing this, because how many people near me possibly even have a Wii U... Right? Either way, I'm trading in GTA V PS3 towards the adapter, save $10 I guess.

Also I don't think mine is even coming from Canada Post. For some reason everything I've ordered from Amazon for the past 2 months has come from UPS. I live in Midtown Toronto and have the Amazon Student Prime thing though, so maybe that's a factor.

mmmm my pokemanz will be in my mailbox from FS when I get home from work early. People who have normal schedules are lucky they can enjoy this stuff on the weekend. I work saturdays and sundays :(

any upcoming deals for xbones? id like console + halo for ~350'ish, similar to what wal mart in the states is doing (i think its like 320 there). dont need or want kinect so no issue there

or sunset overdrive bundle + halo mcc for $400 would also be decent

Moltenix

Think we'll see any sales on XB1 launch titles anytime soon? I wouldn't mind grabbing Forza 5, Dead Rising or Ryse for $20ish.

Those XB1 games seem to be having sales less often than stuff like Killzone Shadowfall or Knack - seen those on sale for $20 quite often.

Think we'll see any sales on XB1 launch titles anytime soon? I wouldn't mind grabbing Forza 5, Dead Rising or Ryse for $20ish.

Those XB1 games seem to be having sales less often than stuff like Killzone Shadowfall or Knack - seen those on sale for $20 quite often.

I think SDM has those xbox games for $20, if you can find a store with stock still.

*I might be mistaken

So, what is the chance my 24 hour shoppers drug mart has a copy of smash?? I'm thinking of going and checking it out since I can't think of another store open that sells games right now. Walmart closes here at 11pm, so..

Could I potentially show up to EB at 12 and still get in? It's in a mall, so..

Sora_N

Is it possible to return a game from FutureShop (unopened) to an EB Games? I guess I always assumed the barcodes on the back would prevent that, but I don't really know how that works.

Yes. Yes you can return it. There's only one version.

My order with Smash STILL isn't available at FS. My BB order of AS shipped, but not shipping email. My Smash didn't send a shipping email, so all I can hope for is it shipped. The one game I need on time, and this shit happens...

It's a shame no one did a "trade in your old gtaV for a good deal on the next gen version" like what we got with the last of us.

Yeah. It really sucks. The trade in value for last gen GTAV is only $15. So knocking back that next gen GTAV price isn't really significant enough.

frequency

I think I'm in the same situation as you, NamikazeBurst.

FS charged me Nov 19 for what I think is Smash. No shipping notice and I can't check the order page. It just gives me an error. I can check all other orders fine but not that one.

Why is FS's site so terrible.

I am sad.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
How long will it take for TLoU:R and D3:UEE to hit the $20-30 mark?

I want to play them so bad :/

Both are/were $20 at Shopper's Drug Mart! I doubt there's stock left now, but it might be worth it to go take a look!

Madness

The global shipping program is a total rip-off for Canadians. Basically, the seller ships their item to a facility in the U.S., then eBay ships it to Canada. Of course, eBay charges a very high rate for this. The seller doesn't care, as it costs them nothing, and they just wouldn't ship to Canada if the program didn't exist.

I refuse to buy anything using this program. There have been items I wanted that I have missed out on, but that's fine. I've also directly contacted the seller to ask if they would ship directly using a cheaper method (any video game related item will be small enough to go first class for a quarter of the cost of priority).

Note that there is virtually zero consequence for you to back out of the purchase if you havent yet paid.

It really is. I'm one and done with this global shipping program. I'd never used Ebay before. It's crazy how I can't even view order, track it. Everytime I click the links it gives, it goes straight to register page, and I'd rather not be forced to sign up an account. Guess it's basically just wishing now that my package will come in about 2-3 weeks.

The last time I was this uncertain was buying something off Amazon UK, where the last thing I got was a message it was dispatched via royal mail and I got my package almost 26 days later. Don't even know what this UPAAAA tracking number is for Ebay as well.

stolin

My order with Smash STILL isn't available at FS. My BB order of AS shipped, but not shipping email. My Smash didn't send a shipping email, so all I can hope for is it shipped. The one game I need on time, and this shit happens...

I didn't get a shipping email from FS but when I logged into the site and checked My Orders, the Canada Post tracking number was there. Mine will arrive tomorrow.

Yaranaika

My Smash from BestBuy estimated delivery changed to today!
The adapter and controller from amazon are still in shipping soon limbo. If they really did ship I should have them tomorrow too.

Anth0ny

Anyone see any of the Gamecube controller adapters in stores? I just bought Smash digitally, and was planning on going to EB/BB/FS/Wal Mart tomorrow to grab the adapter.

I think I'm in the same situation as you, NamikazeBurst.

FS charged me Nov 19 for what I think is Smash. No shipping notice and I can't check the order page. It just gives me an error. I can check all other orders fine but not that one.

Why is FS's site so terrible.

I am sad.

Yup, sounds exactly the same. I am not using my credit card, so I don't know if I have been charged. I assume so, as they have never messed up one before, but this is the first time one of my orders wouldn't show for so long.

I didn't get a shipping email from FS but when I logged into the site and checked My Orders, the Canada Post tracking number was there. Mine will arrive tomorrow.

That works for my AS order on Best Buy, but Future Shop will only let me access every order but the one with Smash.

iphys

Went to an EB midnight launch. They had all the amiibo even if you didn't pre-order, but they ran out of Marth about half-way through the line of ~50 people that were there and it looked like they only had 1 left for a few other amiibo, so they probably ran out of some others after I left.

i-Jest

Anyone see any of the Gamecube controller adapters in stores? I just bought Smash digitally, and was planning on going to EB/BB/FS/Wal Mart tomorrow to grab the adapter.

I'm not expecting to see those in the wild for at least 2 weeks. The Smash hype will definitely make people thirsty for them.

LittleBigPlanet 3 is $59.99 on the PSN store for some reason if anyone is interested. I'm pretty sure it's a mistake unless I've missed something, it's $69.99 at every store I've checked. Also no tax on PSN.

Firestorm

Went to an EB midnight launch. They had all the amiibo even if you didn't pre-order, but they ran out of Marth about half-way through the line of ~50 people that were there and it looked like they only had 1 left for a few other amiibo, so they probably ran out of some others after I left.
Woah were we in the same Oakridge line?

Top Bottom