• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Lexxism

any upcoming deals for xbones? id like console + halo for ~350'ish, similar to what wal mart in the states is doing (i think its like 320 there). dont need or want kinect so no issue there

or sunset overdrive bundle + halo mcc for $400 would also be decent

XB1 console + Free Game + Save $50 ; 25% off on XB1 controllers on 11/27 12AM ET @ Microsoft

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Best Buy still hasn't shipped Smash Bros....

They haven't been late on preorders for me yet, but my confidence in them will be really shaken if I don't get it today.

Tuck

My Smash from BestBuy estimated delivery changed to today!
The adapter and controller from amazon are still in shipping soon limbo. If they really did ship I should have them tomorrow too.

Hmm, mine is still saying Monday, but its in transit so hopefully that changes. Come on canada Post, don't let me down. Otherwise I'll just do what others have suggested but its a bit of a hassle.

Zing

Banned
My smash bros from Best Buy is in my town, but still not showing delivery until Monday. I did in store reserve for the game plus eight amiibos as well.

I realized I still had $60 in target gift cards from their 3DS sale a while back. I guess I should stop by there and see what they have instead.

I wonder if that is any free game or just the ones pictured. So for less than $450 you can get an Xbox One, extra controller, Black Flag, Unity, MCC, and Sunset Overdrive. That's pretty tempting actually.

It seems to be just one of the three pictured. Here's another version of the advertisement: link

Is there some sort of special on smash wiiu at shoppers this weekend? Went to grab one using some optimum points but the lady said they were both "spoken" for and that they is a 2 day special for it this weekend but I can see anything in the Flyers.

Mupod

well I have no idea if my copy of smash has shipped or not because future shop's website has been shitting the bed since yesterday. No email at least.

khaaan

Futureshop has their own PS4 deal thing going on...I guess if you can't find one at Shoppers then it's an alternative.

Buy a PS4 console and get a game free BUT the game has to be from the following list:

-The Walking Dead Season 1
-The Walking Dead Season 2
-The Wolf Among Us
-Minecraft
-MGS Ground Zeroes
-Infamous Second Son
-Killzon Shadowfall
-MLB 14

Edit: It's also this weekend only so you can't stack it ontop of the PS4+GTA+TLoU bundle, assuming FS gets it of course.

Good news to wake up to. My Smash 4, adapter, and controller are all (hopefully) on their way to my door tonight. Canada Post has Smash 4 but UPS has my adapter and controller.

my order still hasn't been shipped yet. Sigh. I though paypal was the safest method to not have BB/FS screw up when they processing the payment, guess I was wrong.

Zing

Banned
Just waked out of target with all 12 amiibos. Villager Marth and Fox almost sold out. I don't think I'll keep all of them, but figured I may as well snag them now.

canonj

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker pre-order is $10 off at futureshop.ca till midnight.

I had ordered Captain Toad at Best Buy during the E3 sale for $45 (this was back when the game was listed on their website for $65). I figured I might as well call Best Buy to see if they could adjust my order to match Future Shop's sale price. The rep on the phone said they won't price match one day sales, which makes no sense to me, especially since they're the same company. Oh well...I'm just going to place a new order at Future Shop and return the second copy to Best Buy.

antibolo

Banned
Oh, Best Buy has a promo where you get 50% off an amiibo if you order (or reserve in store) Smash Wii U with it.

I was not really interested in any of the first batch but I guess I'll get one now.

I had ordered Captain Toad at Best Buy during the E3 sale for $45 (this was back when the game was listed on their website for $65). I figured I might as well call Best Buy to see if they could adjust my order to match Future Shop's sale price. The rep on the phone said they won't price match one day sales, which makes no sense to me, especially since they're the same company. Oh well...I'm just going to place a new order at Future Shop and return the second copy to Best Buy.

Had to double check my BB order to verify the price. Will do the same and order from FS instead.

iphys

Is there some sort of special on smash wiiu at shoppers this weekend? Went to grab one using some optimum points but the lady said they were both "spoken" for and that they is a 2 day special for it this weekend but I can see anything in the Flyers.

Maybe she got confused and thought you were talking about the Wii U.

trixx

I feel like an idiot for cancelling my $45 future shop smash preorder. At least i got the bundle though. Theres quite a few copies of the bundles at eb games(i'm guessing around 20) but they're only for those who preordered the game(they have a list).

zroid

Banned
So when I traded in those games toward an amiibo at EB, I got 30% bonus trade credit. I thought it was supposed to be 20%, so... neat I guess.

Funnily enough, the total trade credit I got -- through pure coincidence -- was $13.98. The EB dude and I had a laugh about how I choose to pay for that 1 cent. :p

Joeku

Target here in Pickering got two each of Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager. Either 4 or 8 of everything else, except 12 Mario! Marth's face is so bad.

Lexxism

So when I traded in those games toward an amiibo at EB, I got 30% bonus trade credit. I thought it was supposed to be 20%, so... neat I guess.

Funnily enough, the total trade credit I got -- through pure coincidence -- was $13.98. The EB dude and I had a laugh about how I choose to pay for that 1 cent. :p

Maybe you have a platinum card? Or maybe not

Tagg9

kZshr1S.png

ZaIyq.gif

Glad I have a Samus in the mail. I'm not sure how long she is going to last.

I may grab one more after work depending on selection available.

Anyone see any of the Gamecube controller adapters in stores? I just bought Smash digitally, and was planning on going to EB/BB/FS/Wal Mart tomorrow to grab the adapter.

Every EB I called in Brampton said they're sold out, but I dunno if they felt the bundle was the same thing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For what it's worth, the Target in Guelph had a small wall and had like 8 of the popular characters and only 4 of the others (Samus, Marth, Villager). For some reason, they only had two Wii Fit Trainers though.

Every EB I called in Brampton said they're sold out, but I dunno if they felt the bundle was the same thing.
Target has them, as well as the controller, but obviously low stock.

Zeeman

Oh man, super tempted to grab that Captain Toad offer. Of course, that makes it less likely I'll be able to buy Smash anytime soon. Hmmmm...

As someone in the same boat: are you unable to cancel a specific item in the Best Buy order if other items have already shipped? This seems to be the case on the website, but it's yet another case of a mismatch with their stated policy and documentation, which tells me I am supposed to be able to do this. Do I really have to receive the item and return it?

Dazzler

As someone in the same boat: are you unable to cancel a specific item in the Best Buy order if other items have already shipped? This seems to be the case on the website, but it's yet another case of a mismatch with their stated policy and documentation, which tells me I am supposed to be able to do this. Do I really have to receive the item and return it?

I've had success phoning their customer service and cancelling parts of an E3 pre-order AFTER parts of it have already shipped

Is Toad worth 35$ I wonder, kind of worried about the amount of content.

Really, you wonder about the amount of content at $35?

I think they said there were about 80 levels. And the previews have said the game is deceptively difficult. So I'd say if you get about 6-8 hours out of it, that's a fair value.

Ended up picking up 4 Amiibos, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Samus.

Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are confirmed as the rarest ones and Marth is already out of stock on Amazon (USA and Canada) with third party sellers selling it at almost triple the price.

Samus I couldn't resist. Will be getting Fox next when I have more expendable cash. Also since I had a $10 Target Gift Card and $20 off at Future Shop from a previous issue, all 4 cost me less than $30, making each $7.50, which is less than half the price for each Amiibo.

Woohoo! Now to get to work! I called in late so I could do this hahaha

Really, you wonder about the amount of content at $35?

I think they said there were about 80 levels. And the previews have said the game is deceptively difficult. So I'd say if you get about 6-8 hours out of it, that's a fair value.

Someone posted earlier saying 4-7 hours, don't know how reliable that information is though.

Top Bottom