• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

May try and grab Evil Within for $30.

I'm really hoping for a $39.99 Hyrule Warriors.
I've wanted The Evil Within since it released, but couldn't bring myself to spend $70 on it. $30 is more than cheap enough for me, so I'm glad to see it on sale too.

Some more info:

The Evil Within 30$
Alien Isolation 30$
Second Son 15$
Killzone 15$
Watch Dog 19.99$

The 30$ and 15$ categories mention "and more", who knows which games that will be.

Yeah, I wonder if we'll get a list before BF. But I assume the more popular products are the ones they show, so the rest might be less enticing/lower quality games.

Thanks! Nothing for me, but I am confused why the PS3 version of Sleeping Dogs is on sale for $30, did they mean to put the Definitive Edition there but screwed up the box art?
Good catch, that doesn't sound right. They must have meant the definitive edition. There's no way the PS3 version of Sleeping Dogs is more than $20 regular price, let alone $30 on sale.

Is Alien Isolation good?

Very damn good! So long as you don't mind a challenge and can understand that the Alien is not on a pre-determined path but governed by a dynamic AI system. Meaning if he killed you in one spot and you expect him to show up there when you reload, you won't be right, so trial and error does not work.

It is a damn good survival game.

Anyone see any of the Gamecube controller adapters in stores? I just bought Smash digitally, and was planning on going to EB/BB/FS/Wal Mart tomorrow to grab the adapter.

I went to I think 7-8 stores in Toronto. A LOT of controllers and amiibo's. Absolutely ZERO adapters. Understocked I guess? I managed to get one from a local store but they said they didn't get many either. I'd imagine if you're in a highly populated area the major retailers were cleaned out either in the morning or last night.

The amiibo's I've seen all look alright, but dear god all of the Marth's I've seen look like fucking shit. That was the only one I wanted to get as well. I wasn't that sold on amiibo's but I was interested in getting at least one. Guess I'll wait for Shulk then. Nintendo Seal of QUALITY

aFl0xVei.jpg

Zing

Banned
My Marth looks fine. The EB and Target in Aurora (GTA) had plenty of controllers and adapters. I only stopped at EB to grab the hardcover guide.

This Gamecube Controller Adapter is proving obnoxious as hell to find, Future Shop even ignored the in store reservation I put in last night. Anyone in Vancouver have any luck?

I sent an ISP to Best Buy Bay & Dundas over an hour ago for Wii Fit Trainer. I still haven't heard back.

Received my Samus in the mail.

This Gamecube Controller Adapter is proving obnoxious as hell to find, Future Shop even ignored the in store reservation I put in last night. Anyone in Vancouver have any luck?

Huh. A friend of mine actually pre-ordered the adapter from EB Games... And then they sold his pre-order adapter at the midnight release. I don't think he was too happy

Anth0ny

The Gamecube controller adapter was available on Amazon.ca and Futureshop.ca last night... now sold out on both.

I did an in store reservation last night for my local future shop, going to pick it up now. If something goes wrong I'll be pissed.

Luigi87

The Target I work at only received two GCN Controller Adapters.

... I got one (an hour after we were open, which is fair game by that time, lol)

farisr

This one massive E3 order makes for some good suspense since I can't access order details and FS rarely sends out shipping notice emails for me. Smash just arrived.

suikodan

I sent an ISP to Best Buy Bay & Dundas over an hour ago for Wii Fit Trainer. I still haven't heard back.

Received my Samus in the mail.

Same here, I sent a ISP to BB for the game, another game and an Amiibo at 9AM but I've yet to receive an answer. Relieved to see that "I'm not the only one"... :(

Sealtest

well canada post and futureshop screwed me.

Canada post didn't process the order until midnight and it moved into transit at 6am

Futureshop shipped out my amiibos and gamecube adapter at midnight so i'll be getting those monday.

Gonna be a long weekend.

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker pre-order is $10 off at futureshop.ca till midnight.

Thanks! Now I can return my Best Buy "deal" when it arrives.

My Smash came today, despite the order being unavailable. I still can't check the order, which has Xenoblade and SMTxFE on it, so it better fix itself.

khaaan

Advise me GAF, when/where should I get a PS4?

I can wait until next Friday and try to get a Black Friday bundle BUT I don't want to play GTAV, TLoU, LBP3 or Lego Batman. I could get a bundle and try to sell the games though, I'm sure I could get around $70 after selling both GTAV and TLoU and probably a little less for LBP3 and Lego Batman.

Conversely.

I could try and get a PS4 tomorrow from shoppers that comes with just one game (assuming TLoU), and get a $75 gift card. I can sell TLoU and the $75 can go towards household items/future game deals/chocolate milk. There would also be a good chunk of optimum points coming with it too.

I'm leaning towards Shoppers.

Sealtest

Btw for anyone interested I was able to get the steelbook case from futureshop for smash bros with my e3 order.

Downfall is i'll be charged $99 for it and refunded in a few days.

Top Bottom