• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Lexxism

Advise me GAF, when/where should I get a PS4?

I can wait until next Friday and try to get a Black Friday bundle BUT I don't want to play GTAV, TLoU, LBP3 or Lego Batman. I could get a bundle and try to sell the games though, I'm sure I could get around $70 after selling both GTAV and TLoU and probably a little less for LBP3 and Lego Batman.

Conversely.

I could try and get a PS4 tomorrow from shoppers that comes with just one game (assuming TLoU), and get a $75 gift card. I can sell TLoU and the $75 can go towards household items/future game deals/chocolate milk. There would also be a good chunk of optimum points coming with it too.

I'm leaning towards Shoppers.

If I were you, buy a PS4 during a 20x event. 450 * 200 = 90000 points. Additional 5000 points will give you $200-220 off during a mega redemption event.

orochi91

4 different Shoppers Drug Marts in Mississauga.

Only found Injustice:GAU and MineCraft at one of them.

Piss poor gaming selection.

One of them did have the White Destiny bundle which was tempting.

Spiked

Neo Member
well canada post and futureshop screwed me.

Canada post didn't process the order until midnight and it moved into transit at 6am

Futureshop shipped out my amiibos and gamecube adapter at midnight so i'll be getting those monday.

Gonna be a long weekend.

Well not to try and give you false hope but Canada post is delivering parcels on both Saturday and Sunday as of Nov 2nd for the holiday season. I got a package on Sunday last week which was very unexpected. Hope you get it soon!

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/aboutus/news/pr/2014/2014_holiday_season.jsf

antibolo

Banned
Best Buy still hasn't sent me a confirmation for my Smash + amiibo in store reservation I made this morning... should I be worried? I seem to have absolutely no way of knowing the current status, it's not showing up in my account or anything.

curb

Banned
Best Buy still hasn't sent me a confirmation for my Smash + amiibo in store reservation I made this morning... should I be worried? I seem to have absolutely no way of knowing the current status, it's not showing up in my account or anything.

Maybe. My local Best Buy is usually pretty quick on the in store reservations. Could you call them?

well canada post and futureshop screwed me.

Canada post didn't process the order until midnight and it moved into transit at 6am

Futureshop shipped out my amiibos and gamecube adapter at midnight so i'll be getting those monday.

Gonna be a long weekend.

SAME FUCKING THING for me...screw you future shop!

FrsDvl

canonj

This might be unrelated, but about a month ago I reserved an item for in store pick up at Best Buy, and I never received an email. I called them about 4 hours later and they confirmed that I could come any time to pick it up. So call the store to check. They should be able to tell you if it's ready, which it probably is.

chrono01

Amazon.ca hasn't yet shipped my Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, and Futureshop.ca hasn't shipped my Super Smash Bros. U pre-order.

~_~

Zing

Banned
I don't need it anymore, but my Best Buy also has yet to confirm my pickup order. Oh well.

I'd call or something (though there's no way they sell out of smash). I made an in store reservation (two actually, one for me and a backup for my boyfriend) of the Gamecube Controller adapter last night, and I never received any confirmation or rejection emails. Now the site says store is out of stock.

MesH

Never got an email of shipping notification for SSB from BB, so I opened my order status so I could call them to see what was up............and it is out for delivery :)

ohlawd

lol wonder what's happening with your guys' orders

me? I'm having problems registering both Smash games on Club Nintendo >_>

Hmm, safe to say they disregarded any Nintendo-related ISPU requests. I bet there were a TON for various amiibos, and I'm willing to bet the follow through rate on in-store pickup requests is pretty low, so they probably wanted to save what they had for people ready to buy. Still, would have been nice if they tweeted that they were disregarding them for the day or something.

Sora_N

Hmm, safe to say they disregarded any Nintendo-related ISPU requests. I bet there were a TON for various amiibos, and I'm willing to bet the follow through rate on in-store pickup requests is pretty low, so they probably wanted to save what they had for people ready to buy. Still, would have been nice if they tweeted that they were disregarding them for the day or something.

No I did a ispu for a printer toner too and no email. Theres probably an issue with the system or the staff don't have time to send

zroid

Banned
I just stepped into a Future Shop today cause I was driving by to check out the amiibo they had available...

all the store had (left?) were 1 Pikachu, 2 Link, and 2 Mario

actually I'm thinking they only got those three types because there was no shelf space marked for any others. pretty weak.

No I did a ispu for a printer toner too and no email. Theres probably an issue with the system or the staff don't have time to send

Ah, well thats dumb. I was royally pissed my Gamecube Adapter got ignored, I made the request pretty much the minute I could last night. The city is cleaned out of these things, and now I need to play multiplayer Smash with Wiimotes like a fucking peasant :p

Robcat

Banned

My best buy called me because the confirmation emails aren't working but they said they still reserved it.

Sora_N

Ah, well thats dumb. I was royally pissed my Gamecube Adapter got ignored, I made the request pretty much the minute I could last night. The city is cleaned out of these things, and now I need to play multiplayer Smash with Wiimotes like a fucking peasant :p

I heard most store got one or two. Its an accessory so it will be restocked

Anth0ny

The Gamecube controller adapter was available on Amazon.ca and Futureshop.ca last night... now sold out on both.

I did an in store reservation last night for my local future shop, going to pick it up now. If something goes wrong I'll be pissed.

b2_qaahiuaio8wdezazo.jpg

Nothing went wrong :)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
First time I've ever gotten a game on release date from Best Buy. Guess I'll play Alpha Sapphire for a couple of hours before heading to my friends house. :)

Zing

Banned
I'm sure I missed a dozen of these deals, but anything for a Wii U Pro Controller? I guess I need one for Smash. Nunchuck and remote isn't cutting it.

Banned
Found Samus Amiibo at best buy next to my Walmart. Buried in a pile in a wire basket usually reserved for clearance items lol.

Fox, Link and Samus are all lvl 24-26 right now.

This is dangerous. I may end buying them all they are so fun!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Best Buy done fucked up.

They shipped Pokemon, which I don't give two shits about, right on time but no sign of Smash Bros. They're definitely getting a scathing complaint from me today.

Dr.brain64

Yes I received the smash bundle from eb!! I didn't know the belt came with it lol!

I did not receive my amibos from amazon though so Monday it is...

I can wait until next Friday and try to get a Black Friday bundle BUT I don't want to play GTAV, TLoU, LBP3 or Lego Batman. I could get a bundle and try to sell the games though, I'm sure I could get around $70 after selling both GTAV and TLoU and probably a little less for LBP3 and Lego Batman.

Conversely.

I could try and get a PS4 tomorrow from shoppers that comes with just one game (assuming TLoU), and get a $75 gift card. I can sell TLoU and the $75 can go towards household items/future game deals/chocolate milk. There would also be a good chunk of optimum points coming with it too.

Do you plan to sell the bundled games yourself, or were you thinking you'd trade them in? Because just a warning, the last of us and lbp3 in those bundles are digital. The other two are physical, I believe.

Conversely.

Should have got it when it was 20x the points if you were gonna go with Shoppers.

Lexxism

Should have got it when it was 20x the points if you were gonna go with Shoppers.

Yup, especially there will be a Mega Redemption on Nov 29th and 30th.

Redeem 38,000 Points = $70 off your purchase
Redeem 50,000 Points = $105 off your purchase
Redeem 95,000 Points = $210 off your purchase

Awesome, I have 75k points from when I bought a Wii U. Going to get a couple games, maybe Smash and MK8 or Bayo 2.

zroid

Banned

hmm... still not as good as senior discount abuse, lol

Jinto

Yeah, Best Buy didn't update me on my in store reservation for the GameCube adapter either. Now it's sold out. Oh well, I can wait until Monday until the one from Amazon arrives. At least I got my games. Weird that Best Buy didn't send me a shipping notice for Pokemon.

Yeah, Best Buy didn't update me on my in store reservation for the GameCube adapter either. Now it's sold out. Oh well, I can wait until Monday until the one from Amazon arrives. At least I got my games. Weird that Best Buy didn't send me a shipping notice for Pokemon.

Depending on when you made the order, it's worth calling and checking. I got no update from Future Shop, but mine was there waiting for me. If I didn't call, it would have been sold tomorrow and I would have never known!

Jinto

Depending on when you made the order, it's worth calling and checking. I got no update from Future Shop, but mine was there waiting for me. If I didn't call, it would have been sold tomorrow and I would have never known!

Dude, you're my hero, thanks! They said their system has been experiencing glitches, so that's why I probably didn't get the email. For anyone else who didn't get their reservations, it's definitely worthwhile to call. :D

Nice, Amazon packaged my Pokemon, Smash, and Dragon Age together. Sucks I got Dragon Age late, but 3/4 release day delivery isn't bad.

If anyone in Vancouver wants my copy of Smash for $55 (I just want the CN code) PM me.

dankir

Goddamn, Target, EB, Toys r us, Walmart, best buy, future shop.... Nobody has the damn GameCube adaptor in stock :(

Anybody in Montreal selling one? I have a smash party tomorrow :(

timnich

Does anyone know if it is possible to return games from Amazon to Best Buy? I bought Pokemon Ruby from Amazon during the E3 special but its not arriving until Monday at the earliest. Can I just buy a copy at Best Buy at full price and return the Amazon copy with that receipt?

zroid

Banned
Does anyone know if it is possible to return games from Amazon to Best Buy? I bought Pokemon Ruby from Amazon during the E3 special but its not arriving until Monday at the earliest. Can I just buy a copy at Best Buy at full price and return the Amazon copy with that receipt?

yes

Just came back from Microplay. They had like 20+ GameCube adapters and many controllers. However, pretty scarce on Amiibo, good thing I had them put some aside. There was plenty of Kirby, Peach, Mario, Pikachu and a few Yoshi.

Returners

Make sure the bar codes are the same. They should be if there's no special best buy edition in this case.

This should be in the OP. Most common question by far.

(Second is "can we talk about deals instead of shipping?")

Top Bottom