• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

FrsDvl

Anyone that has received a package from Canada Post on the weekend, did your expected delivery update to said day of the weekend, or did it stay on the next business day?

Lexxism

Anyone that has received a package from Canada Post on the weekend, did your expected delivery update to said day of the weekend, or did it stay on the next business day?

Not really on weekend but I received a package during a Stat holiday even though the estimated delivery was the next day. (at least what I remember)

FrsDvl

Not really on weekend but I received a package during a Stat holiday even though the estimated delivery was the next day. (at least what I remember)

Guess I'll keep my hopes up for a delivery tomorrow. It's sitting at the local delivery facility right now.

Sora_N

Should have gone out and bought the GC adapter first thing in the morning. Anyone know if it is available in any stores?

Most stores sold out.

My Best Buy got 12, the girl told me they were gone at 10AM lol.

I don't really care yet, just gonna use the Wii Classic Pro for now.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Most stores sold out.

My Best Buy got 12, the girl told me they were gone at 10AM lol.

I don't really care yet, just gonna use the Wii Classic Pro for now.

Discussed with the EB games girl at metrotown during the midnight launch.

She basically confirmed unless you pre-ordered it you're out of luck for a while.

Sora_N

Ordered 2 Zeldas from Best Buy, hope the paint is good lol. I don't want to go store hunting in December, it's the most annoying.

zroid

Banned
I was mentioning earlier how a nearby Future Shop had barely any amiibo available... well I dropped by the local Best Buy and they had everything. At least two units of each were on the shelves and this is around 8pm.

Sora_N

Had to go through 5 of them to find one with good eyes...

I think you mean Link right? Zelda's out next month.

Yeah Link had some messed up eyes on most of them, and all the swords are floppy as hell.

Mega Redemption Day at Shoppers confirmed for the 29/30. $210 for 95k points and $105 for 50k.

So weak, my coworkers said maybe we'll get $250 for 95k, but nope (I was hoping too but unlikely). I might have to get WiiU tomorrow because I have to pay $10 more next week with the redemption.

I think you mean Link right? Zelda's out next month.

Yeah Link had some messed up eyes on most of them, and all the swords are floppy as hell.

Yea! Haha my bad! The clerk where I bought mine did not understand why I wanted to pre-order Zelda since I already had one in my bag. Had to tell him that it was Link! It was funny. I know that he knows the difference, he was just tired I think!

Oh and Target sent me a 5% off anything (excluding Apple and Bose products) to use between December 1st and 31th. It's 10% if used with the Red Card. Might be good on Boxing Day!

Edit: There is also a coupon for a free tall handcrafted beverage at Starbucks!

Sealtest

I would love to know this because all my packages are stuck at a monday delivery

Jinto

Picked up my GC adapter and the last Samus Amiibo they had at Best Buy. So glad I reserved the adapter last night and called them about it.

Also, Costco has some awesome hot dogs, yo. 3 of us got full for less than $8.

2AdEPT

Advise me GAF, when/where should I get a PS4?

I can wait until next Friday and try to get a Black Friday bundle BUT I don't want to play GTAV, TLoU, LBP3 or Lego Batman. I could get a bundle and try to sell the games though, I'm sure I could get around $70 after selling both GTAV and TLoU and probably a little less for LBP3 and Lego Batman.

Conversely.

I could try and get a PS4 tomorrow from shoppers that comes with just one game (assuming TLoU), and get a $75 gift card. I can sell TLoU and the $75 can go towards household items/future game deals/chocolate milk. There would also be a good chunk of optimum points coming with it too.

I'm leaning towards Shoppers.

Sorry Im LTTP on this thread...I absolutely refuse to pay too much for things....and unfortunately the complete deal for PS4 is over (as there was a chance to get one of 5 new release games, far cry 4 and Unity were the ones my son was considering..I think he should have got far cry 4.....he got unity.....at $60 oFF...the order and COD were the other options iirc as well as killzone I believe, many of which are all cheap this week so they knew what they were doing but far cry 4 didnt come down in price at other stores like the others) IN ADDITION to the TLOU and Second son bundle with an extra controller...all for $534. You can see my unboxing here and I have proof of emails that they took off my $60 when I got the extra game AC unity (I just dont see the offer up any longer though.)

They may do more for black Friday but not sure, but I already ordered the skylanders super bundle for the PS4 for my daughter....you get 4 extra skylanders (worth $35 total) although these are not the ones with swapping feet) I think if you buy a wii U skylanders mega bundle you get 8 FREE skylanders worth about $10 each in addition to the three that come with it.

Ill be lining up to get a blue PS4 controller form london drugs for $40...but you guys should keep your ear to the ground on the costco website: ridiculous giveaways/bundles at times, not even black friday.

Any Vancouver gaffers who have no membership can PM me. Ive got a huge amount of credit on my costco business american express card which costco is cancelling dec 30th so I dont mind buying bulk and taking cash or cheuques.

chrono01

Amazon.ca STILL hasn't shipped my Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire copy. I received my Super Smash Bros. U from Futureshop.ca earlier today, though.

This is the last time I use Amazon.ca for my pre-orders. If you don't opt for "Prime" shipping, they take forever to ship anything out. No thanks.

Jinto

Amazon.ca STILL hasn't shipped my Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire copy. I received my Super Smash Bros. U from Futureshop.ca earlier today, though.

This is the last time I use Amazon.ca for my pre-orders. If you don't opt for "Prime" shipping, they take forever to ship anything out. No thanks.

Yeah, Amazon's pretty hit or miss when it comes to pre-orders even with Prime. Plus, you can't make returns in store like with FS and BB. On the other hand, I feel they have superior customer service and they also have price protection for pre-orders. Unfortunately, there are flaws no matter what.

Edit: Best Buy just sent my shipping notice for both Pokemon games, except they're already here. lol Better late than never I suppose.

Zing

Banned
I just received my email from Best Buy confirmed my pick up reservation that I placed this morning at 8am. It's a tad late now!

I snagged a Pro Controller from Best Buy. I'll just keep an eye out for deals and return or price match it sometime within the next 30 days.

zroid

Banned
Best Buy just sent me a shipping notice for Pokémon AS... a game I have not only already received, but have also returned! :lol

edit: guess I'm not alone haha

i-Jest

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

I was expecting the worst with Amazon, but they shipped my GC adapter and controller right on time, I was pleasantly surprised, will probably order from Amazon more often now that Best Buy dropped the ball with my Smash preorder.

Speaking of which, I got two emails from Best Buy 7 hours apart. First email was a shipping notice for Smash, and second email, 7 hours later, was an email telling me that my payment didn't go through, which makes absolutely zero sense because they charged my credit card. And now I can't even access any of my orders, just keep on getting an error. I don't know what the fuck is going on over there. If they don't send me that copy of Smash Bros(which I'll be returning anyways), they better refund my CC.

So weak, my coworkers said maybe we'll get $250 for 95k, but nope (I was hoping too but unlikely). I might have to get WiiU tomorrow because I have to pay $10 more next week with the redemption.

Its only been going down the past few years, so expecting $250 was extremely hopeful. You'll be paying $10 more for Mario 3D land since tomorrow's deal is on the deluxe.

Sora_N

Its only been going down the past few years, so expecting $250 was extremely hopeful. You'll be paying $10 more for Mario 3D land since tomorrow's deal is on the deluxe.

Yeah. so I probably have to buy it tomorrow, don't want to pay $10 more lol.

Lothars

They are terrible for shipping lately, I've never got anything on time. My smash and pokemon finally got shipped today.

I'm not really upset about it since I got both for about 70 bucks together.

Lexxism

Terms and conditions
Receive 5% cash back on your second purchase and each purchase thereafter starting November 24 through December 2, 2014 (excluding tax and shipping), when you register for the Holiday cash-back promotion and, make a first purchase from any participating Canada or U.S. merchant using PayPal as the sole payment method ("Offer"). Offer begins on November 24, 2014 at 12:00:01am PT and ends December 2, 2014 at 11:59:59 PT ("Offer Period").

In order to receive this Offer you must: 1) create or have a Canadian PayPal account in good standing, 2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer OR view a banner or marketing message on the PayPal site, 3) register for PayPal cash back rewards, when prompted to do so, using your PayPal primary email address or the email address that you will use to open a Canadian PayPal account, and 4) complete a qualifying purchase during the Offer Period using PayPal. Your second purchase, and each purchase you make thereafter during the Offer Period, will qualify for the Offer. The maximum amount of cash back under this Offer is limited to $20.00 CAD per purchase, and a maximum amount of $200.00 CAD per PayPal account for the entire Offer Period. The cash back will be transferred into your PayPal account approximately one month after the promotion period based upon your transaction dates, so long as your account is in good standing at the time of transfer. You will receive an email once the money has been put into your account.

Excluded transactions from this Offer include, but are not limited to the following: pre-orders, gift certificate payments, gift card purchases, automatic and/or recurring payments that you have scheduled, and any payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account. If the payment for any purchase is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the Offer. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account.
PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify part of, or this entire Offer, at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. This Offer cannot be resold, transferred or combined with any other offer

Spiked

Neo Member

When I received mine on Sunday it had originally said in the morning to expect it on the 18th, a Tuesday, however it said my package was already in Kitchener so I found that odd. A couple hours later I checked it again and it had updated to out for delivery and the date also changed to the 16th. I do find that things I would normally get in a day take 1-3 days longer that usual during the holidays with Canada Post.

I really wish the Toys R Us stores in Canada were doing the 3 for $30 deal on Amiibos.

Target and London Drugs are the only Black Friday flyers released so far and neither have any Amiibo deals. Damn.

Could try my luck at price matching the USA flyer and they may not notice. I'm a bastard.

I really wish the Toys R Us stores in Canada were doing the 3 for $30 deal on Amiibos.

Target and London Drugs are the only Black Friday flyers released so far and neither have any Amiibo deals. Damn.

Could try my luck at price matching the USA flyer and they may not notice. I'm a bastard.

The Toys R Us Black Friday flyer is out now too and I couldn't find any amiibo deals in there. Other than that their gaming deals (page 18 and 19) aren't anything amazing. Not really any better at all than Target and London Drugs.

zroid

Banned
Considering the DDP thing is just about done, if you can still find a Skylanders bundle that might be the best deal. There's not much incentive to get a premium model anymore.

I've seen Skylanders bundles for $219 at Best Buy, I'm pretty sure. That includes Nintendo Land, and a Skylanders starter kit (I forget for which game), as well as a couple bonus figures.

Moltenix

Did two "Trade 3, Get $70" at EB games yesterday. Mostly a bunch of 3DS games I didn't really play anymore.

I swear, that guy at the counter was an absolute dick. Told him I was interested in doing the Trade 3 and asked him to check all the values to see which of my games qualified. I brought in about 10 games and needed at least 6 of them to be >$10. He proceeds to ring in half of them and tells me the total comes up to ___. I tell him I need to know their individual values and wanted to trade in 3 qualifying ones towards a new game. Then he gets annoyed cause he has to take off the two that I didn't want to trade yet. Got the first game done and the look on his face when I told him I still needed to do another trade-in. Of course he repeats the same thing with the other five games he didn't check yet.

I've never really liked this particular location but it's on the way back from school. Yeah, never again.

Tuck

Funny, that's how I feel about future shop regarding smash. Amazon shipped me the adapter on time

The Toys R Us Black Friday flyer is out now too and I couldn't find any amiibo deals in there. Other than that their gaming deals (page 18 and 19) aren't anything amazing. Not really any better at all than Target and London Drugs.

Ugh, that's 3 now with nothing I want. E3 preorder deals have been much better for me, getting games between $35-50 on launch day versus these sales that would save me $5-10 but I am fine paying that bit extra to have them on launch day.

I would love a deal on Dragon Age, Master Chief Collection and Amiibos.

The fact there isn't a sale on any figures (Skylanders, Disney Infinity) is even more odd.

Looks like I will likely wait until Boxing Day.

Sweet Ivy

There's Mario Kart 8 bundle + DK:TF at walmart for 299. Or SM3DW if you dont like MK8

PS. Both bundle comes with Nintendo Land
Sounds good, I'll prolly get the SM3DW + DK, seems like a good deal.
That will be my first Nintendo console :).

Darn, not available online though, I'll have to call the nearest WM!

cocopuffs

Banned
Anyone expecting any other PS4 deals this Black Friday aside from the $449 GTAV + Last of Us PS4 bundle? Cause so far, all the deals have been pretty bleh.

Should have snagged the Amazon bonus game with PS4 deal earlier seeing as how I don't really care for GTAV. Or any of the other deals available cause Black Friday right now seems to be a huge disappointment. :/

Top Bottom