• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Anyone expecting any other PS4 deals this Black Friday aside from the $449 GTAV + Last of Us PS4 bundle? Cause so far, all the deals have been pretty bleh.

Should have snagged the Amazon bonus game with PS4 deal earlier seeing as how I don't really care for GTAV. Or any of the other deals available cause Black Friday right now seems to be a huge disappointment. :/

$399.99 regular bundle with just the console
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ps4-regular-bundle-399-99-ncix-1607005/

If you find the same type at Future Shop you can get a bit more off with their price match policy.

Then just get games at Shoppers that are $20 like The Last of Us and Diablo 3.

Anyone with far cry 4 ps4 willing to share a "Keys to Kryat" code so I can play the demo? I had no idea it was exclusive - spent hours downloading it!

Any suggestions on a cheap HDD expansion for my 4GB 360 E that was $99?

Or should I just wait until TRU sells the 500GB bundle for $200, and just refund the 4GB model?

HDDs for the model are way too high so I'm thinking of just replacing it with the 500GB model for only $100 more where 250GB drives are $109 and $320GB ones are $129...

An external HDD would be lovely, but I heard they don't use anymore than 16GB. :/

i-Jest

Considering the DDP thing is just about done, if you can still find a Skylanders bundle that might be the best deal. There's not much incentive to get a premium model anymore.

I've seen Skylanders bundles for $219 at Best Buy, I'm pretty sure. That includes Nintendo Land, and a Skylanders starter kit (I forget for which game), as well as a couple bonus figures.

Ends December 31st right? Still got time for one or two more $5.00 credits

oneran

Or should I just wait until TRU sells the 500GB bundle for $200, and just refund the 4GB model?

HDDs for the model are way too high so I'm thinking of just replacing it with the 500GB model for only $100 more where 250GB drives are $109 and $320GB ones are $129...

An external HDD would be lovely, but I heard they don't use anymore than 16GB. :/

If you have a spare/can find a cheap 3.5" SATA Enclosure you can pickup these refurb 80GB Segate drives at Canada Computers for $15. I use one for my basement DVR and it works alright, I've only had it a few months so I can't speak for their reliability though.

oneran

Does the 360 E even use SATA drives?

If you have a SATA to USB Enclosure they act as a standard external HDD, not sure about that 16GB thing since I don't own a 360.

-EDIT-

I thought you could use any external HDD with the 360 (kinda like the Wiiu) but It looks like you are limited to 16/32GB, Sorry about that.

Sweet Ivy

There's Mario Kart 8 bundle + DK:TF at walmart for 299. Or SM3DW if you dont like MK8

PS. Both bundle comes with Nintendo Land
Amazon is matching this bundle deal until the 26th, for those (like me) that prefer/need to buy online (I don't have a Walmart really nearby and even then I'd have to check whether they have that particular bundle).

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amaz...bundle-sm3d-get-zelda-ww-dkc-tf-free-1606409/
I just got the SM3DW + DK deal and it's already ready for shipping :)!

Just got Link, Kirby and Fox. I price matched the 3 for $30 deal from Toys R Us at Wal Mart, and this is in Canada, so I just waited to see if they noticed, which they didn't.

Just need
-Yoshi
-Donkey Kong
-Peach
-Mario
-Pikachu

Then I will have the entire first wave.

Someone posted this in the dragon age performance thread:

using chrome and the hola plugin, you can get dragon age inquisition PC origin key for $27 Canadian. I don't even have a gaming pc at home atm and i still got it :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Look up how to convert a Western Digital drive to an Xbox 360 drive and just swap it in. The only difference is that you lose backwards compatibility with Xbox games, but it's much cheaper than trying to find an official drive unless you run into a clearance or something.

kingwingin

Anyone with far cry 4 ps4 willing to share a "Keys to Kryat" code so I can play the demo? I had no idea it was exclusive - spent hours downloading it!
Where do I get the keys from? I'll throw a few your way. I bought and downloaded the game but haven't started it yet

Where do I get the keys from? I'll throw a few your way. I bought and downloaded the game but haven't started it yet

Thanks! Apparently they come with every disc version (10 keys per person) but not sure about digital versions. Much appreciated on the offer - hopefully they email/send you some once your digital copy starts up.

using chrome and the hola plugin, you can get dragon age inquisition PC origin key for $27 Canadian. I don't even have a gaming pc at home atm and i still got it :)

Whoa. How did you get this? I see $40 US.

I preordered next wave ones with the deal online too and send it to a nearby border store that is 40 minutes away.

Lucario, Sheik and Ike. It was hard keeping Rosalina off the list.

You PM'ed an American flyer with a Canadian retailer.

Is it just me or can you not even see Amiibos listed on Bestbuy.ca 's website? I was thinking of checking if they have any Marths left (or whatever else) but couldn't even get the listings to show up when I search for them!

Liberty4all

Banned
As of 8pm Saturday night, eb games at Toronto Eaton Centre had 5 Wii Fit Trainers left. I got the last Marth at Future Shop and the last Villager at EB Games Eaton Centre.

Liberty4all

Banned
How popular is villager?

The "rare" ones right now are Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager.

They were not shipped in large quantities (2 per store compared to a zillion Mario/peach/Yoshi/Link etc.

Demand will likely be high for staple Nintendo characters like Mario or Link. It will be interesting to see if Marth/WFT/Villager get proper restocks or not as it appears Nintendo didn't think there would be much demand for them (which created demand).

Vibranium

Banned

Wait, was it really $27 Canadian? Which country did you buy it through Origin when using Hola?

I am in on that if true.

i-Jest

The "rare" ones right now are Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager.

They were not shipped in large quantities (2 per store compared to a zillion Mario/peach/Yoshi/Link etc.

Demand will likely be high for staple Nintendo characters like Mario or Link. It will be interesting to see if Marth/WFT/Villager get proper restocks or not as it appears Nintendo didn't think there would be much demand for them (which created demand).

At BB yesterday he was the only one that had 3 on the shelf.

Everyone else was 4.

Well damn. I just saw one today. Looked appealing in comparison to the others. Might just go back for it.

Liberty4all

Banned
Well damn. I just saw one today. Looked appealing in comparison to the others. Might just go back for it.

Just google amiibo rarity and read some of the articles. WFT, Villager and Marth were shipped to stores in far fewer numbers.

With that said I expect once the casuals and kids market flames up ALL amiibos are going to be in high demand through till Christmas. Which means the lesser produced ones will be impossible to find.

The question is if after Xmas and once wave 2/3 rolls out will wft, villager and Marth still be available at all?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Just google amiibo rarity and read some of the articles. WFT, Villager and Marth were shipped to stores in far fewer numbers.

With that said I expect once the casuals and kids market flames up ALL amiibos are going to be in high demand through till Christmas. Which means the lesser produced ones will be impossible to find.

The question is if after Xmas and once wave 2/3 rolls out will wft, villager and Marth still be available at all?

The amiibo figure lineup for “Super Smash Bros.” will continue to be released even after this year-end sales season, and we hope that this will help to update store shelves. As store shelf space is limited, some amiibo will remain stocked on the shelves as staple choices while some will be limited-time offers which will cede their positions to new ones once they are sold out.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/collectors_be_warned_some_amiibo_figures_will_be_limited_time_offers

One can bet Pikachu, Mario universe, Link, will be the staple choices; however, Marth, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer & more will be phased out once the new waves hit. Retail can't support over 40 characters on store shelves. It's logical, but terrible for my wallet as we can't wait for decent sales ;.;

i-Jest

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/collectors_be_warned_some_amiibo_figures_will_be_limited_time_offers

One can bet Pikachu, Mario universe, Link, will be the staple choices; however, Marth, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer & more will be phased out once the new waves hit. Retail can't support over 40 characters on store shelves. It's logical, but terrible for my wallet as we can't wait for decent sales ;.;

I don't know the first wave by heart. Who do you guys think are likely to get booted from the roster? I guess this would include retail exclusives like Shulk and Meta Knight.

Tiktaalik

Not entirely game related, but I figure there's a lot of people here that follow deals quite closely so I figure I'll ask anyway.

Is this a good time to buy a TV? You'd think it would be, but the Black Friday sales in Canada don't seem that impressive at all. Maybe wait until Boxing Day or ???

Liberty4all

Banned
I don't know the first wave by heart. Who do you guys think are likely to get booted from the roster? I guess this would include retail exclusives like Shulk and Meta Knight.

From first wave?

The trinity (Marth, wft, villager), maybe starfox and samus?

I think Mario, link, peach, yoshi will be staples.

Not entirely game related, but I figure there's a lot of people here that follow deals quite closely so I figure I'll ask anyway.

Is this a good time to buy a TV? You'd think it would be, but the Black Friday sales in Canada don't seem that impressive at all. Maybe wait until Boxing Day or ???

Well if the sales right now are poor, or nonexistent, you have nothing to lose by waiting until Boxing Day. Surely there will be at least a few sales. As big as Black Friday has grown here, we still treat Boxing Day as a bigger deal.

Ventara

Oh man, so some of the amiibos will be gone once sold out? Oh man, I've been debating whether I should get the amiibos, and had decided to wait for a sale to pick this up, but this ruins that plan. And knowing me, it'll be all in or bust. This can get expensive. How large a role are these supposed to play in games? That may sway my hand.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
From first wave?

The trinity (Marth, wft, villager), maybe starfox and samus?

I think Mario, link, peach, yoshi will be staples.

That's how I see it as well. Once Wave 3 hits - Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Starfox (Nintendo will release a new model to coincide with Star Fox Wii U in 2015) & Samus will be gone.

Mario Universe is here to stay (Mario, Peach, Yoshi), Link and Pikachu as well. And maybe Kirby for younger audiences & girl segment + Kirby retail release in February.

kingwingin

Thanks! Apparently they come with every disc version (10 keys per person) but not sure about digital versions. Much appreciated on the offer - hopefully they email/send you some once your digital copy starts up.
add me on psn. Kingwingin.

If anyone else wants to try it out I'll be more than happy to spare more keys.

I read that I need to get to my first outpost to give them away but I'm not too sure.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Got my Best Buy Smash preorder this morning -_-

I'll be returning it at the store sometime today.

BPK

Would Futureshop price match Target's Black Friday $15 deal on Killzone or is their policy not to price match on special occasions like BF, Boxing Day, etc?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Would Futureshop price match Target's Black Friday $15 deal on Killzone or is their policy not to price match on special occasions like BF, Boxing Day, etc?
kGmEKs0.png

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/our-price-beat-promise/hc80.aspx

Luigi87

No. They've even added it on their site for the time being.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/our-price-beat-promise/hc80.aspx
Remember, the Price Beat promise does not apply to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or Boxing Week sale prices.

Retailers usually aren't keen on price matching items that are: Doorcrashers, Limited Quantities, or Timed Events.

Edit: Damn you Fuzzy!

Top Bottom