• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

BPK

Ah, too bad. There's no Target in downtown Toronto and so there's no way I'm going to make the trek for that deal.

kGmEKs0.png

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/our-price-beat-promise/hc80.aspx

Wal mart matches Black Friday deals.

Daigr

Just went to Costco in Oshawa ont. Picked up Smash bros. for wii-u for 54.99. Looks like Costco doesn't have Canada tax on new releases in store only. Their website does though kind of odd.

They also had a bunch of cheap ps4 games at 19. Infamous second son, mlb14, kill zone and knack.

Enjoy

Seriously thanks I had an 8 player smash party last night cuz of you. I didn't even know Microplay was still in business. Was tucked away inside a videotron store.

Yep! That's where mine is. They have 2 boxes full I think... Crazy when you consider the entire US seems to be out of stock and people order on Amazon UK.

Teletraan1

Banned
Just went to Costco in Oshawa ont. Picked up Smash bros. for wii-u for 54.99. Looks like Costco doesn't have Canada tax on new releases in store only. Their website does though kind of odd.

They also had a bunch of cheap ps4 games at 19. Infamous second son, mlb14, kill zone and knack.

Enjoy

Mine had Destiny for $34.99 but none of the other cheap games. I did notice that they are all free of the canada tax in store. Smash was 54.99, new PS4/XB1 games were 59.99 but their selection wasn't the greatest.

Sora_N

Sorry there's no real thread, but I tried to set up my WiiU last night and thought using the Wii LAN adapter would be faster to update. I was wrong, not sure why but the update wouldn't really load.

I just did Wireless and it actually connects but the update is still really slow, I guess it's a huge update or something.

BadHand

Just picked up Far Cry 4 and GTA V (both PS4) from shop.ca with the $20 coupon - couldn't resist their charm anymore.

What one should I play, and what one should go under the Christmas tree?

I played through GTAs campaign on PS3 last year and loved it - never played online though.

Perfect, thank you.

Edit: Is there a Canadian version?

There is a Canadian version of Nowinstock.net (use the flag selector on the right side of the menu) but it doesn't appear to have the Gamecube adapter listed. You could try filing a product suggestion.

Joeku

So, seems like the $30 games at Target may be just those four. There are some other new ones for $15 off their original price (Destiny, Call of Duty, AC:Unity) and some are $20 off (this years sports games, Mordor, Sunset Overdrive). Might also be more in each of those categories. Watch Dogs is going to be $20.

Not an amazing Black Friday. Probably gonna be better come Boxing Day.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, seems like the $30 games at Target may be just those four. There are some other new ones for $15 off their original price (Destiny, Call of Duty, AC:Unity) and some are $20 off (this years sports games, Mordor, Sunset Overdrive). Might also be more in each of those categories. Watch Dogs is going to be $20.

Not an amazing Black Friday. Probably gonna be better come Boxing Day.
Source for these additional titles being on sale?

Ryne

There is a Canadian version of Nowinstock.net (use the flag selector on the right side of the menu) but it doesn't appear to have the Gamecube adapter listed. You could try filing a product suggestion.

I did find that they do have a listing for the adapter, however the page doesn't have any stores on it: http://www.nowinstock.net/ca/videogaming/games/supersmashbros/

Sorry I didn't realize this page was just US. I clicked on the Canadian site initially but I guess it linked me to the US one.

No problem, thanks for helping out

Enjoy

They always have had titles a few dollars cheaper in store than everywhere else, even before the cdn$ price increase. One of the benefits of membership :) groceries and gaming - pure convenience!

EGM92

This is an odd request,

I'm looking for a Intel CPU a socket 1155 LGA, 2600,2700,3770k CPU. Does anyone know where I'd be able to get one new or used without paying outrageous prices? Some prices I've seen listed are more expensive than their Haswell counterparts. CanadaComputers doesn't have much of a selection even in store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kennah

This is an odd request,

I'm looking for a Intel CPU a socket 1155 LGA, 2600,2700,3770k CPU. Does anyone know where I'd be able to get one new or used without paying outrageous prices? Some prices I've seen listed are more expensive than their Haswell counterparts. CanadaComputers doesn't have much of a selection even in store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
There is a 2600K for 200 in the bst thread right now.

chrono01

ahh shit oh yeah forgot...

I have two orders of Persona Q's SE and they both shipped.
Let me guess, Futureshop/Best Buy?

Amazon hasn't yet shipped my Pokémon OR/AS copies, nor my Persona Q: Special Edition. This is seriously the last time I deal with them for video games, unless they have an incredible exclusive pre-order bonus item.

ohlawd

Let me guess, Futureshop/Best Buy?

Amazon hasn't yet shipped my Pokémon OR/AS copies, nor my Persona Q: Special Edition. This is seriously the last time I deal with them for video games, unless they have an incredible exclusive pre-order bonus item.

of course :p

not that I totally believe the estimated time of delivery, the FS one might show up on the 24th and the BB one on the 25th.

Any word on when retailers will be getting the GC adapters in for Wii U? Had a smash party planned with a group of friends Saturday evening but had to cancel due to being unable to grab one.

Wal-Mart BF flyer

32" TV $148
iPad Mini 16GB $228 with $20 GC
PS4 with TLOUR $449.99 with $75 GC
iPad Air 16GB $398
PS4 with TLOUR and GTAV $449.99
XB1 AC bundle $349 with $50 GC

$24.94:
BF4
The Evil Within
Watch Dogs
Titanfall
JD 2015 Wii
coD Ghosts

12GB PS3 $149.99
PS4 controller or camera $39
3DS XL Gold Edition with NSMB2 $149.99

$49.94:
Skylanders
Diablo
Shadow of Mordor
NBA 2K15
Madden 15
FIFA 15
AC Rogue
CoD AW
NHL 15
Destiny

Joeku

We can get those from American sales on Amazon.com, which provides a digital code. Those work up here. And they seem to be $35 when on sale down there, so still not bad at all up here.

Top Bottom