• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That 1 Year PS+ card refuses to go on sale.
Keep hearing about how it was $30 the other year during BF and Boxing Day but only now do I have a PS4 and it won't drop below $45 or so. :(

FWIW it's $43 right now at Amazon.ca.

We can get those from American sales on Amazon.com, which provides a digital code. Those work up here. And they seem to be $35 when on sale down there, so still not bad at all up here.
Didn't know about this. I think the last time I saw it on sale it was only physical, but it's something to keep an eye on for sure.

Tik-Tok

Keep hearing about how it was $30 the other year during BF and Boxing Day but only now do I have a PS4 and it won't drop below $45 or so. :(

FWIW it's $43 right now at Amazon.ca.

Didn't know about this. I think the last time I saw it on sale it was only physical, but it's something to keep an eye on for sure.

The source had them on sale last year on boxing day Enzo, I forget how much it was but I think it was half off. Wait til boxing day I guess?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The source had them on sale last year on boxing day Enzo, I forget how much it was but I think it was half off. Wait til boxing day I guess?
Yeah, no rush. I just want to nab it while Injustice is part of the IGC and maybe alongside GW dropping back down to $20.

krae_man

$25 Evil Within whoo!

There's also a $450 Last of us Bundle with a $75 Walmart Gift card. Perfect if you don't want GTA5, or the Lego/LBP bundles.

Edit: That online flyer has some dirt cheap 4k TV's. What's the catch?

maneil99

This is an odd request,

I'm looking for a Intel CPU a socket 1155 LGA, 2600,2700,3770k CPU. Does anyone know where I'd be able to get one new or used without paying outrageous prices? Some prices I've seen listed are more expensive than their Haswell counterparts. CanadaComputers doesn't have much of a selection even in store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Get a used one from craigslist and use intels 3 year warranty to get a free new one, I did that twice for bad overclocking 3570ks, the CPU can work just give the ma excuse and say you went through all the steps. You dont even need a receipt if its a 3570k/3770k. They are under 3 years old and all they need are the numbers on the chip

EGM92

Get a used one from craigslist and use intels 3 year warranty to get a free new one, I did that twice for bad overclocking 3570ks, the CPU can work just give the ma excuse and say you went through all the steps. You dont even need a receipt if its a 3570k/3770k. They are under 3 years old and all they need are the numbers on the chip

I have a 2600k right now, I'm going to try to RMA it, but I'm pretty sure it's past the 3yr mark. If need be I'll try going that route. Thanks. Any advice on what to tell the CSR at Intel to attempt to get an approved RMA?

although i was correct about the Ass creed 349.99 bundle, Bayonneta 2 might be 49.99 @ target this weekend too, might have been another recently released WiiU game though.

espher

Thread needs more shipping discussion. Miracle upon miracles, Canada Post looks to be delivering Smash and my amiibo preorder today, but the GC adapter is spinning in circles and getting redirected. :|

btw has anyone here caught wind of any Black Friday/Cyber Monday PC part sales? Mostly looking for external/internal hard drives, RAM, and maybe a 144Hz display, as everything else I want is probably 'too new' to be on sale.

Dammit, apparently RFD have there hands on the Future Shop and Best Buy flyers, but are only leaking a few of the deals right now and will put up the full flyer later this week. Dumb.

Gotta get those clicks!

Really lame.

Wow, the Wal mart flyer isn't that great for me. Yeesh, that's every released flyer so far that has nothing of interest for me. I hope Boxing Day fares better.

Was hoping for Dragon Age Inquisition, Master Chief Collection and Amiibo sales. None of those have appeared on sale.

big_z

Gotta get those clicks!

Really lame.

Wow, the Wal mart flyer isn't that great for me. Yeesh, that's every released flyer so far that has nothing of interest for me. I hope Boxing Day fares better.

Was hoping for Dragon Age Inquisition, Master Chief Collection and Amiibo sales. None of those have appeared on sale.

don't get your hopes up. Canadian stores tend to use black Friday and boxing day to clear out old or excess stock that isn't moving. its rare to see hot new stuff and if it does happen its limited quantities as a way to entice people into the store.

Moltenix

Already got a Sunset XB1 and none of the game deals really interest me.

Btw, for anyone on the fence, that $350 AC bundle + $50 gift card is a great deal. I've been really enjoying my Xbox.

explodet

My next amiibo purchases are Bowser and Mega Man, and they're in wave 3 and not coming out for months, so I think I'm set.

Unless I snap and impulse buy one for my desk.

maneil99

I have a 2600k right now, I'm going to try to RMA it, but I'm pretty sure it's past the 3yr mark. If need be I'll try going that route. Thanks. Any advice on what to tell the CSR at Intel to attempt to get an approved RMA?

Tell them your computer randomly hardlocks and that you have tried a friends cpu and it works. Tell them you switched out everything, make sure you dont tell them your ram is set to anything over 1.5v

Shit. I may actually wake up early on Friday morning and stop by Wal-Mart before heading to work for that Evil Within.

Then again, I guess I can wait for a Steam sale on it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Shit. I may actually wake up early on Friday morning and stop by Wal-Mart before heading to work for that Evil Within.

Then again, I guess I can wait for a Steam sale on it.

...or stay up until midnight on thursday and order from their website! :)

zroid

Banned
I need to get a 32GB microSD (C10) card for my future New 3DS. Wal-Mart selling one for $13 on BF. Should I jump on that or wait till Boxing Day? Haven't bought a microSD card in years so I have no idea what a good sale price is like nowadays.

stn

Everywhere I go on GAF I see some mention of these amiibo things. What's the craze all about? Are they just figures or do they have some special purpose?

Top Bottom