• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

I'm still waiting for Pokémon and Smash Wii U, wich were preordered in June. Amazon has been kinda shitty with shipping lately.

It says I should get them on December 1st. Meh.

Just chatted with them to know what was going on.

They gave me a 5$ credit. Didn't even have to complain. Yay?

i-Jest

Did you see that 169.99 dollar price for a GC adapter earlier by VGP on Amazon? That was completely ridiculous.

Nowinstock now tracks the adapter, thanks for linking the site to me earlier Canada-Gaf: http://www.nowinstock.net/ca/videogaming/games/supersmashbros/

In other news, my Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth shipped from Amazon, should be here tomorrow. I guess that is what prime is for.

I saw that too. I thought it was hilarious. I get why these dudes are inflating the prices. Taking advantage of peoples blind hype and desperation can be cunning. However, the adapter is an accessory. It WILL restock eventually and most likely when we hit December. I'm sure the patient ones know this and will wait it out. It's not some limited production run item.

No_Style

I'm still waiting for Pokémon and Smash Wii U, wich were preordered in June. Amazon has been kinda shitty with shipping lately.

It says I should get them on December 1st. Meh.

It's been all over the place. For me, Amazon shipped Smash & the GC adapter before release & it arrived on launch day. Unfortunately Canada Post forgot to leave me the Community Mailbox key so I had to wait until today to get it.

FULL Future Shop and Best Buy flyers finally released! Looking at the deals now...

Edit: Nothing terribly special or exciting. I'm personally interested in Future Shop's Xbox One + Kinect AC bundle (that claims it also has Dance Central, but I dunno), where you get to pick any game for free with it. Also, if anyone doesn't have Tales of Symphonia Chronicles yet, $14.99 is a freaking steal!

FrsDvl

FULL Future Shop and Best Buy flyers finally released! Looking at the deals now...

Edit: Nothing terribly special or exciting. I'm personally interested in Future Shop's Xbox One + Kinect AC bundle (that claims it also has Dance Central, but I dunno), where you get to pick any game for free with it. Also, if anyone doesn't have Tales of Symphonia Chronicles yet, $14.99 is a freaking steal!

Bummer, no Wii U stuff. Was hoping for a sale on pro controllers. Hopefully boxing day..

zroid

Banned

Cheers. Can't say anything piqued my interest in the FS flyer, perhaps BB will fare better.

Theatrhythm Curtain Call for $19.99 is fabulous though. Already own it, of course.

edit: hang on, it's probably $24.99. Still a good price.

edit2: nothing at BB either. Ah well.

FS

XB1 with AC, Kinect, and $69.99 game $449.99
PS4 with GTAV and TLOUR $450
Shadow of Morder $45
NHL 15, FIFA 15 $50
Diablo 3 Ultimate $40
Watch Dogs $25
Dualshock 4 $40
4GB 360 bundle $130
PS Pulse Elite $90
Diablo 3, Lego Movie, Ghosts, Tales of Symphonia last-gen $15 and up
AC Rogue $40
AC Unity $60
Buy both ACU and ACR $80
3DS XL $150
AC New Leaf, MK7, Theatrhythm, Zelda LBW $20 and up
Skylanders TT $50
Disney Infinity 2.0 $50

BB

PS4 with GTAV and TLOUR $449.99
XB1 AC bundle $349.99
Infinity 2.0 $50
3DS XL $150
Watch Dogs PS4/XB1 $25
NHL 15, FIFA 15 $50
AC Rogue $40
AC Unity $60
Buy both for $80
Animal Crossing, MK7 $20
Zelda LBW, Theatrhythm $25

mdubs

Banned
Bummer, no Wii U stuff. Was hoping for a sale on pro controllers. Hopefully boxing day..

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath considering they don't even stock them

Edit: Nevermind I'm surprise to see that they do. Still really doubt there will be a sale on them.

This is easily the worst Black Friday sale I've ever seen from FS and BB. Those can't be the only games on sale?? I was hoping for Wolfenstein and Metro Redux to get nice sale prices of about $30.

Liberty4all

Banned
This is easily the worst Black Friday sale I've ever seen from FS and BB. Those can't be the only games on sale?? I was hoping for Wolfenstein and Metro Redux to get nice sale prices of about $30.

Also I agree terrible sales. With the dollar down apparently they think they don't have to try anymore.

PS Pulse Elite $90

I might purchase another pair of these. They're that good.

And if the Wal Mart GC for the $349.99 X1 AC bundle doesn't combine during the checkout online, then I won't have any regrets buying the SSO Bundle for $399 earlier this month. Even though I combined $50 worth of RZ credits and a GC there is still something irrational in my head purchasing all 3 current gen consoles so early on.

NolbertoS

Man I feel sorry for alot of Canadian GAFers on a lukewarm BF on this side of the border. Its too bad most of of you don't live near the US border for gaming. Already booked Friday iff here in Van for BF on the US side online and offline. Shadow of Mordor for 49.99 is a joke when it'll be 24.99 in the US on BF.

So I'm planning on going to Wal-Mart for thurs night when the doors open at midnight to get an Xbox One.

What time do you think I should get there?

I've never lined up at a store before...

EDIT: BTW, I live in Markham, Ontario

Tagg9

Wow, Best Buy and Future Shop must be having a larf. No way in hell those prices are good enough to get anyone in the store.

ohlawd

lolol those flyers

the 3DS game prices are what I expected. Good time to buy as any, especially Curtain Call. everyone pls buy that

iphys

PS4 is $100 more than the $349 XB1 bundle.

Lol, good luck Sony.

Kind of funny considering XOne was originally $100 more than PS4. Well, now that XOne has priced itself down into competition with the Wii U, I guess they've given up on competing with Sony. I don't think Sony are worried: they're the cool cat this generation and they know it.

c'mon guys, the asscreed bundles for 350 + a 50 gift card ain't bad at all.

Amen to that! I'm gonna try for one on Friday, and keep it until I finally decide if I want the XO or not. MCC finally working properly in time for the holidays would be what would likely make me keep the console and open it up

Sora_N

The flyers are so long, it's like they tried really hard to make it look like there's stuff. I don't need anything, but just like to browse to see if there's anything interesting. Meh.

Krixeus

What's the best place to find a collection of all the BF sales going on this week across the various Canadian retailers that actually have BF sales?

UberTag

Didn't realize our shitty Dollar would result in such poor BF "sales" from BB and FS.

Hope Boxing Day is much better.
It's nice to want things.
On the bright side, gas is super cheap so it's affordable to drive around town to retailers and partake in these non-existent deals.

For what its worth market analysts said they expected Black Friday to be a bust this year and that they expect Boxing Day to be significantly better.

(this is what I learn from having to watch CBC news and CP24 all morning at my workplace)

Wanted Diablo and Trap Team but they will be that price on boxing day so Ill wait.

I will probably try for Curtain Call.

So far:

WalMart
Evil Within $24.99
Micro SD (for New 3DS) $13.99

FS
FF: Curtain Call $24.99

khaaan

Futureshop having a pre-black Friday sale, there's not much but there is a sale on used games.

-Buy 2 used games, save 25%
-Buy 3 or more used games, save 35%

So that's Target, Best Buy, Future Shop, Wal Mart, London Drugs, The Source and Toys R Us for released Black Friday flyers.

Any others?

Nothing I want from any of those except the $39.99 Xbox Live subscription from The Source, which is online as well. Easily done, no need to go out.

Was hoping for sales on Dragon Age Inquisition, Master Chief Collection and Amiibos, I guess I will wait to Boxing Day.

Seik

Banned
PS4 is $100 more than the $349 XB1 bundle.

Lol, good luck Sony.

Yeah, I think that's when the weak dollar raised the price of EVERYTHING, but the X1 didn't go up, right? The price gap in the US is only 50$ iirc.

I'm still salty...I bought a PS4 two weeks after the raise. :(

Xbox one is a good value for sure. However, PS4 does come with incredible remasters of two of the best games in the past decade, and Xbone comes with Unity :p

I was hoping for a few more dollars off the Sylanders set. I'll wait for the standard sales next spring.

Hyunkel6

Xbox one is a good value for sure. However, PS4 does come with incredible remasters of two of the best games in the past decade, and Xbone comes with Unity :p
This is the only reason why I'm holding back on this deal. I would probably have jumped in if it was any other AAA bundle.

c'mon guys, the asscreed bundles for 350 + a 50 gift card ain't bad at all.

if it was any game other then assassins creed i'd agree. sunset overdrive, halo:mcc, etc...

game is a throw away and worth nothing to me, so no value added. even the buy/sell thread is spammed with them and you're only going to get 10 - 15 bucks for it

Is AC Unity and Rogue for $80 (40ea) any good? Am I better off waiting?

It's Ubisoft. They print about 60 trillion copies of their games, and they drop in price like a sinking ship. You can get Rogue for $29, if not $19 on Boxing Day. Unity too, considering how poorly I'm sure it's selling because of reviews.

Top Bottom