• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Apathy

So for those of you in market for a PS4, Dell has it on sale today for $429.99.

A7638345.jpg

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Playstation/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A7638345&dgc=AF&cid=3881&lid=77903&acd=CAqD7bLWUPI-exq4VHihHvCIO1dImeynqQ

Here is a coupon for an additional $25 off bringing the price down to $404.99
4$$?KQTTB0NNW2

Act fast and probably the best PS4 deal in the market.

Thanks for the code, jumped right on it. $457.64 after taxes (in Ontario). Probably would not have gotten anything as good until the holiday season.

i-Jest

Did you happen to ask them whether or not they're still restocking? I've heard that many stores hasn't really been getting new stocks for a while.

I didn't but the lady said they weren't flying off the shelves. No one's buying them. No demand for them. At this point the console itself is a success. If Nintendo can deliver the same experience at a cheaper production cost then so be it. I believe that's the case with the 2DS and XL. These things are being phased out. They're not completely discontinued. If they were, then you couldn't get Club Nintendo points for them anymore.

What's the deal with Amazon? I used to order with super saver shipping and I'd receive the item the next day or day after that. Now, over a day and my package hasn't even shipped. Seems like they lowered the quality deliberately in order to entice people to sign up for Prime. How long has it been like this?

All of the games I've pre-ordered from Amazon lately have been relatively niche Japanese games, so I can never tell if it's really that Amazon's shipping has gotten worse or if it's just that NISA, Atlus, XSEED, etc. can't get product to Amazon on time. At the very least, that stuff has been consistent over the past few years. The real litmus test will be if/when I pre-order a relatively big game.

Xenoflare

I didn't but the lady said they weren't flying off the shelves. No one's buying them. No demand for them. At this point the console itself is a success. If Nintendo can deliver the same experience at a cheaper production cost then so be it. I believe that's the case with the 2DS and XL. These things are being phased out. They're not completely discontinued. If they were, then you couldn't get Club Nintendo points for them anymore.

Thank you.

I really hope that it would be still in production at a minimal scale until the end of 3DS's life, though I'm just being too greedy haha.

I'm concerned because I really would like a purple 3DS but I don't have the funds or reason to get one. I don't know how long my 3DS would keep up, though it's not showing much signs of aging, hopefully it'll never need to be replaced.

Not Sure if mentioned but Tomb Raider PS4/XB1, Ryse 39.99 @ BB
Titanfall XB1 49.99 @BB

So for those of you in market for a PS4, Dell has it on sale today for $429.99.

A7638345.jpg

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Playstation/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A7638345&dgc=AF&cid=3881&lid=77903&acd=CAqD7bLWUPI-exq4VHihHvCIO1dImeynqQ

Here is a coupon for an additional $25 off bringing the price down to $404.99
4$$?KQTTB0NNW2

Act fast and probably the best PS4 deal in the market.

hmm either be a lazy ass and get it here for 457 total inc ON tax and shipping or use my 15% discount at target for $434.

Zeeman

Rayman Legends WiiU for 19.99 at BB/FS. Sold-out online but you can still do a reservation in-store.

Grabbing this and ACIV for $40 total is very tempting, but I'm still in the middle of Mario 3D World and I haven't even started Link Between Worlds. Hmmmm....

Leeness

Okay guys, I need your help picking a TV. Finally getting one in the next few weeks.

Requirements:
-from Futureshop (I have gift cards)
-no more than $850
-over 40"
-don't care if it's ~Smart~ or not

Let me know what you guys think is the best for the money. I never really know and just look at reviews and all the TVs have some people saying "wow the best" and "wow the worst".

Thank you <3

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
You probably need to wait until a model is being replaced with a new one and they're clearing out inventory. I got a 60" LG Plasma for $785 last month.

IndustryX

Okay guys, I need your help picking a TV. Finally getting one in the next few weeks.

Requirements:
-no more than $850
-over 40"

Let me know what you guys think is the best for the money. I never really know and just look at reviews and all the TVs have some people saying "wow the best" and "wow the worst".

Thank you <3

Bought a 46" 1080p insignia from best buy (think you can grab them at futureshops to but don't quote me) solely for next gen games and watching sports so I didn't need any of the fancy smart features either. Ended up buying the TV for 399 on sale and couldn't be happier honestly. So glad I didn't pay 800+ just for a Samsung or smart features I don't need.

Guy at best buy claimed insignia panels were last year's samsing panel and the picture on my screen is excellent for what I paid.PS4 Games run great and look alot better then my old 720p set, hockey looks wonderful In motion as well.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm always pro-billingualism, but right now... damn it all. If I want to get a Vaio Duo 13 with a normal keyboard, I'll have to import it from the United States and get reamed by the exchange rate, taxes and duties.

That's if I can even get it shipped here.

I come in this thread and come out $450 short.

What are you guys trying to do to me?

Requirements:
-no more than $850
-over 40"

Thank you <3

I just picked up the LG 55LN5700 from futureshop that is currently on sale for $849 and it fits all of your requirements. I'm pretty happy with it, it looks great and it's great at playing netflix and whatnot.

TheCloser

Banned

Requirements:
-no more than $850
-over 40"

Thank you <3
Go to tv gaf and ask but if you're looking for a great tv, the only choices are the Sony w650 series or the Sony w9xx series. Lowest latency and one of the best picture quality out of the box. Steer clear of LG, it's top tier garbage. I used to buy their tvs but they always have ghosting issues and high latency. Samsung(led/lcd), Panasonic(plasma) or Sony(led/lcd) are the only brands you should trust.

Requirements:
-no more than $850
-over 40"

Thank you <3

What do you use it for?
How big is your living room/bedroom?
Do you need 3D tv?

MesH

What's the deal with Amazon? I used to order with super saver shipping and I'd receive the item the next day or day after that. Now, over a day and my package hasn't even shipped. Seems like they lowered the quality deliberately in order to entice people to sign up for Prime. How long has it been like this?

I use to order from amazon all the time with free shipping option, and would take 3-4 days to get here, since prime came out in canada, free shipping takes about a week now, so I have been ordering less from amazon. Kinda of a pisser, cause I use to order alot from amazon.

Isocr4cy

Requirements:
-no more than $850
-over 40"

Thank you <3

Best Buy accepts FutureShop gift cards and vice-versa. They often have different deals on different TV models so it might be worth looking into Best Buy as well.

Dorygrant

Is anyone having issues getting on the psn store on their computer?

I'm trying to add money from my paypal and you can only do that through the web store. When I tried to load it, it just says "loading" forever. :(

I want that no tax goodness lol.

Leeness

Thank you everyone for your replies. :)

What do you use it for?
How big is your living room/bedroom?
Do you need 3D tv?

1. TV and games
2. Pretty big for an apartment
3. Nah

Up above, a Sony W650 was mentioned.

Does this Sony TV fall into that category (I'd chip in the extra $50 if this is a great TV)? Is it a good/great TV?

Thanks for the help, and sorry I took a while to reply. Work and all. :)

Requirements:
-no more than $850
-over 40"

Thank you <3

Well the "smart" TV's will have the better PQ then the regular ones, since it's current tech. And but that I mean, generally the regular ones are older panels placed in newer casing.

The Sony W650 was mentioned above, and it's a solid choice in that price range.

Leeness

Well the "smart" TV's will have the better PQ then the regular ones, since it's current tech. And but that I mean, generally the regular ones are older panels placed in newer casing.

The Sony W650 was mentioned above, and it's a solid choice in that price range.

Is this Sony TV part of that line? I don't see any 650s, but this is 600. Lol.

Canon

Banned
Just bought a PS4 at shoppers with 20x the points. However they told me the points wouldn't show up until the 14th, so I have to hope they don't screw up and I get my 85,000 additional points -- because the receipt only shows 4,490. But if all goes well then that means I get about $170 in points.

Plus it comes with Knack.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Just bought a PS4 at shoppers with 20x the points. However they told me the points wouldn't show up until the 14th, so I have to hope they don't screw up and I get my 85,000 additional points -- because the receipt only shows 4,490. But if all goes well then that means I get about $170 in points.

Plus it comes with Knack.

They should pop up, same thing happened to me when I bought a vita at a 20x thing.

mdubs

Banned
it's actually cheaper by one cent if I do Amazon but that's k I'll try these guys. I'll hold them to their 7-14 estimated delivery.

They got some nice old games so if my experience is favorable, I'll buy some other stuff there too :3

Bought a number of things from them over the past year, just bought Radiant Historia from them on Sunday, delivered to me (they're in Calgary and I'm in the GTA) today so they've been pretty good for me so far.

Top Bottom