• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Ricker

Well the 349$ X1 ACU bundle is not bad at all,my problem is that I am playing ACU on the PS4 right now...if they would have a SO bundle at that price,I would jump on that...

RS4-

Yeah, I see no value in the Xbox One ACU bundle because of the trash games packed with it. I'd go in if it was $250.

DJ_Lae

Does Apple typically do Black Friday deals? I'm looking into getting a retina iMac soonish.

They generally don't do deals of any kind, really. Best you'll get would be a refurbished item directly from them, a (rare) maybe $100 off sale at Future Shop or London Drugs, or a customer appreciation coupon for Staples.

I know my parents used one of those coupons for 10% off on an iPad, I assume you could use them on an iMac as well. No idea if there is a restriction, though.

Tiktaalik

I guess the deals are much broader than the FS/BB flyers indicate but I just have to wait until day of to see?

The flyer says things like "All Vizio TVs on sale" but then just shows the E model in the flyer even though there's an M model as well.

Shoppers Mega Redemption has the Dualshock 4 at $40, the Wii U at $280, the 3DS XL at $170, and the XB1 with Kinect and Forza at $450 with a gift card (can't see the amount) and 10,000 points back.

Should've waited to get a Wii U. :-\

Sora_N

Shoppers Mega Redemption has the Dualshock 4 at $40, the Wii U at $280, the 3DS XL at $170, and the XB1 with Kinect and Forza at $450 with a gift card (can't see the amount) and 10,000 points back.

Should've waited to get a Wii U. :-

That's not bad. I'm happy I got my WiiU anyways. Lol

Many have answered, but I will add a bit. First of all, Walmart is the one eating the cost here. Clearly MS is pushing the $349 price point for boxing day, and Walmart is kicking in the gift card as a differentiator.

Secondly, the $50 gift card does not cost Walmart $50, it's less. It's money that must be spent back at Walmart. They probably have analyst working for them that calculated the average profit on $50 worth of merchandise, and the average amount that people over spend their gift card and use real money. So while you see $50 in value, it may only be a $30 cost to Walmart. That's why you won't see a $299.99 console.

It's not MS that's dropping that extra $50, it's wal-mart. They're the ones eating the cost of the gift cards, and they're doing it to compete with other stores. If MS dropped the price to $299 then stores would still be offering gift cards, because the point is to make you choose wal-mart over something else. That's why you might see some stores, instead of offering a gift card, will offer a free game instead.

$350 is the sale price, and the gift card is the loss leader to get you into the store.

The GC has nothing to do with MS. If MS wants to sell the X1 for $300 they can, but then Walmart could still offer the GC if they wanted to. Plenty of stores do this, and it has nothing to do with the product they are packaging it with. They just want to give you a reason to come back to the store later.

MS can do whatever they want, maybe they just don't want to.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the responses, exactly the kind of insight I was looking into this stuff :), you guys never disappoint.

evanmisha

So, with most of the Black Friday flyers out, it looks like Future Shop is the only retailer doing (questionably) extensive Blu-ray sales. Have I missed anything?

That's not bad. I'm happy I got my WiiU anyways. Lol

I forgot the email associated with my Nintendo Network ID so that took awhile to figure out. Downloaded a few demos from the eShop (seemed quite slow, maybe it was multi-tasking) but just ended up playing 3D World haha.

iphys

So, with most of the Black Friday flyers out, it looks like Future Shop is the only retailer doing (questionably) extensive Blu-ray sales. Have I missed anything?

Cineplex store has a countdown to Black Friday, so expect something. Right now you get 2 free movie tickets with a $29.99 purchase, if you can find something worth buying that's not overpriced, but assuming there's a good sale on Friday that could be very worthwhile. Also, you can pay with Paypal there for the 5% cashback promo going on right now.

BadWolf

Cineplex store has a countdown to Black Friday, so expect something. Right now you get 2 free movie tickets with a $29.99 purchase, if you can find something worth buying that's not overpriced, but assuming there's a good sale on Friday that could be very worthwhile. Also, you can pay with Paypal there for the 5% cashback promo going on right now.

Didn't a bunch of people here have a lot of problems with them during their last sale?

iiicon

Does anybody know whether the XO Unity bundle comes with the physical copies of the games, or download vouchers? My gut says it's DL =[
pretty sure they're DL codes. that's why you saw a rush websites offloading Black Flag and Unity keys for Xbox when Unity came out.

So I need to buy a good power supply soon and was wondering what is the best day/place to get it?

Would it be this friday or next monday? NCIX or MemoryExpress or something else?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

There's no way the reecently released Ghibli Movies will be part of that, will they? :(

DJ_Lae

bremon

Was really hoping for a better deal on Mordor from FS. Oh well, relaxing at home isn't th worst place to be on a busy shopping day.

Enilced2

I don't know if this has been posted but I am in Costco right now and they have Infamous Second Son, Knack, MLB 14 and KZ Shadows Fall on for $18.99.

Top Bottom