• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

jholmes

Nobody seemed to make a point of mentioning it, but this RCA antenna at Best Buy isn't anything special but at $10, any cord-cutters without an antenna should consider picking it up. Even if you only watch TV for the rare hockey game or whatever, $10 is well worth the investment.

Also, from the Nintendo Downloads thread, this Natsume 3DS eShop sale: Yumi's Odd Odyssey, Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns, Hometown Story, Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove, Reel Fishing Paradise all $12 in Canada. I'm definitely in for Yumi's Odd Odyssey.

Theatrhythm is mine

I will probably try for Curtain Call.

For $20, you guys are going to have a ton of fun. This game is fantastic.

MrNineties

Likely $24.99 for Curtain Call. FS has the dumb text of "Starting at $19.99" while BestBuy listed it under the $24.99 section.

Just a $5 difference but still worth noting.

I'm SO in for Curtain Call. However, we are all on the same page here in assuming (knowing?) this applies to online purchases as well correct? I am really hoping all I have to do is wake up Thursday at midnight and click a few buttons online and go back to bed.

Yes?

-90s

No_Style

Will you also do one for XB1 and PS4?

There are tabs to switch platforms.

Edit: Increased the font size for them tabs.

I'm SO in for Curtain Call. However, we are all on the same page here in assuming (knowing?) this applies to online purchases as well correct? I am really hoping all I have to do is wake up Thursday at midnight and click a few buttons online and go back to bed.

Yes?

-90s

Yes, sir!

Sora_N

Nobody seemed to make a point of mentioning it, but this RCA antenna at Best Buy isn't anything special but at $10, any cord-cutters without an antenna should consider picking it up. Even if you only watch TV for the rare hockey game or whatever, $10 is well worth the investment.

Also, from the Nintendo Downloads thread, this Natsume 3DS eShop sale: Yumi's Odd Odyssey, Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns, Hometown Story, Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove, Reel Fishing Paradise all $12 in Canada. I'm definitely in for Yumi's Odd Odyssey.

For $20, you guys are going to have a ton of fun. This game is fantastic.

I thought it was $25 lol. I have a term presentation Friday afternoon so only able to shop online

Enilced2

Im just going to say this again since I got near the end of the page so people can see. I was in Costco earlier and they have Infamous Second Son, MLB14, Knack and Killzone Shadows Fall for $18.99 each.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Wow, thank you! I've been on the fence for Yumi's Odd Odyssey at full-price, but for 12 bucks I'll give it a try!

zroid

Banned
Im just going to say this again since I got near the end of the page so people can see. I was in Costco earlier and they have Infamous Second Son, MLB14, Knack and Killzone Shadows Fall for $18.99 each.

I'll also repeat myself from the last time someone mentioned these prices: usually around this time of year Costco has a deal to save $4-5 on games priced $18.99. Their next batch of advertised discounts go live on Thursday, so it might be worth waiting till then!

Does anyone have a list of the games that are $15/$30 at Target on BF? It would really determine if it's worth it, considering I have a list of games I missed that I need to buy in those price ranges.

Takao

Banned

They're also doing a 50% sale on their PSP games on PSN:
Adventures To Go - $7.49
Carnage Heart EXA - $9.99
Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl - $7.49
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley - $9.99
Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon - $7.49
Mystic Chronicles - $7.49
Reel Fishing: The Great Outdoors - $7.49

All are compatible with Vita.

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my PS4 HD to at least 2TB (but 3 or 4 or 5 would be cool).

It doesn't need to be today, but I figure with Black Friday and Boxing Day happening within the next month, now would be a good time.

So does anyone know of any good deals, or have advice when looking for them? Let's pretend budget isn't a big issue at the moment and I'm just looking for the best deal.

Thanks!

i-Jest

Anyone know what Gamestops Black Friday deals are looking like for used games? Thinking of pulling the trigger on Kirbys Return to Dreamland. Amazon prices are ridiculous and Ebay is hit and miss, more often a miss. People really like the drive up the price.

Joeku

I wrapped up the first pass on my annual Black Friday deal round up.

I hope you find it useful

So...I notice that you don't have that the 2DS is $75 until Wednesday at Target. Though the item that only applies in the system is that weird pink Disney bundle, the email suggests all 2DS versions that are typically $129 are a part of the deal. I'd be almost up on that though I'd rather an XL at this point.

So...I notice that you don't have that the 2DS is $75 until Wednesday at Target. Though the item that only applies in the system is that weird pink Disney bundle, the email suggests all 2DS versions that are typically $129 are a part of the deal. I'd be almost up on that though I'd rather an XL at this point.

That's weird. I was able to buy any 2DS minus the transparent ones, including the Sea Green MK7 Bundle.

Ryde3

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my PS4 HD to at least 2TB (but 3 or 4 or 5 would be cool).

It doesn't need to be today, but I figure with Black Friday and Boxing Day happening within the next month, now would be a good time.

So does anyone know of any good deals, or have advice when looking for them? Let's pretend budget isn't a big issue at the moment and I'm just looking for the best deal.

Thanks!

I'm also looking for a 2TB HD for my PS4... Also, did I miss any PS+ deals in the flyers? Didn't see any... is the 43$ @ Amazon really the best/only deal?

soultron

Banned
Bleh, finding it really hard to get excited about any of the next gen console prices right now. A gift card really doesn't soften anything, really.

There are blue and red 2DS bundles that come with Mario Kart 7 codes. I hope you got one of those!

I wasn't getting one for myself(Waiting till the New 3DS Release personally, can't go back from the XL), instead doing some early Christmas Shopping(Brother's 3DS is stuck in a moving box a province over for the winter, Sister's been wanting to play X/Y.) Unfortunately, the night after I picked it up he basically told me he doesn't want the system, and so I returned them. Did let my friends who were on the fence know though, because it is a fantastic deal. With the code, it's basically the cost of a game for the system to get the system. It's nuts that this is a deal.

On a question related note, how crazy is BF? Would someone have a chance of arriving late to a Target and still be able to get some of the promotions if the? I saw a poll on CTV saying that only 18% participate in BF, but I'm not sure what the odds would be if I arrived to the store at 9 AM. Anyone got any experience? For Reference, I live in a small city(I think 40K is the population of the region)

Bleh, finding it really hard to get excited about any of the next gen console prices right now. A gift card really doesn't soften anything, really.

console prices have always been like that. adjusted for inflation and we're not actually paying more.

besides, 450 for 7-8 years...you replace your tv and phone more often.

Naite

Thanks!

I'm also looking for a 2TB HD for my PS4... Also, did I miss any PS+ deals in the flyers? Didn't see any... is the 43$ @ Amazon really the best/only deal?

I used a 2TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim on mine. I upgraded it since May and it's worked great for me. Forget what the price is but it's on sale pretty often.

I used a 2TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim on mine. I upgraded it since May and it's worked great for me. Forget what the price is but it's on sale pretty often.

You can use those external drives? Does the case come off it or does the whole thing fit in there? I haven't looked into how to upgrade the PS4's HDD yet, but I probably should do it sooner than later.

No_Style

Seems to be store specific. YMMV on this.

Theres never going to be a vita deal, is there :(
Should I abandon hope of ever getting the white vita?

I laughed when I didn't see any Vita deals.. We still have EB Games and Amazon.ca though!

MesH

You can use those external drives? Does the case come off it or does the whole thing fit in there? I haven't looked into how to upgrade the PS4's HDD yet, but I probably should do it sooner than later.

I just got the seagate expansion 2TB external drive. STBX2000401
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=cd79fc7e192a846526a699eb678d2838en02

I bought it a week and a half ago for 104.99, they carry it at best buy as well.

It was really easy to pop out of the case, then just put my 500gb in the external casing and have that as a portable drive.

JohnChang

Banned
I'll just quote my post for RCSS BF. They will have no tax for the 28th and 29th. Too bad you can't buy online :(

No TAX!
WiiU SM3DW for 280 with $25 PC GC
Sunset Overdrive for $30
PS4 + GTAV + TLOU = $450

damnnnn, i already own a Wii U but ya i should have been a bit more patient i guess, good deal on that, PS4 also looks good but I sort of convinced myself i'm sticking with PC gaming + wii U and my PS3

jholmes

I'm relieved the Walmart deals are all shitty because they have me working 9 hour shifts alone in electronics Friday-Sunday because everyone quit. Classic Walmart.

Hey now, I'm getting that 32 GB micro SD for $15. If you work at the Walmart I'm going to, you damn well better have it in stock!

Omzz

I'm relieved the Walmart deals are all shitty because they have me working 9 hour shifts alone in electronics Friday-Sunday because everyone quit. Classic Walmart.

i remember when i was working for Walmart, i was the only store standard there for black friday and BOXING DAY. fucking hated the managers and thats how i have come to loathe Walmart

Top Bottom