• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

antibolo

Banned
Mine shipped monday night and arrived today. It was at confirmed until sometime on Tuesday

Goddammit.

Sent a message to their support. I fear it's something dumb like my credit card info being out of date. The previous time I had placed an order with them was before their (awful) site redesign. Now I can't even find where to view/modify my credit card info, what the fuck. I hate EBGames so much, I ordered there because they had the exclusivity on this LE, definitely would never order from them otherwise.

Firestar

Goddammit.

Sent a message to their support. I fear it's something dumb like my credit card info being out of date. The previous time I had placed an order with them was before their (awful) site redesign. Now I can't even find where to view/modify my credit card info, what the fuck. I hate EBGames so much, I ordered there because they had the exclusivity on this LE, definitely would never order from them otherwise.

I feel your pain, I had some troubles when getting Tales of Hearts R from them as well. I refuse to order anything from them other than exclusives (and even that hurts). Their system/site is seriously terrible and there's nothing more I hate then when I have to order from them. Good luck

Ryne

You've gotta be kidding me...

Damn it, really. I hope they are wrong.

I can get a bunch of those Wii U GameCube Adapter. What would be a fair price? How should I ship those if you guys want them?
That would be a tough one for me to judge really. The demand is really high, so you can probably get a good markup for them. Not that I condone scalping. However if you do decide to be nice I would gladly buy one from you and pay for shipping :)

That would be a tough one for me to judge really. The demand is really high, so you can probably get a good markup for them. Not that I condone scalping. However if you do decide to be nice I would gladly buy one from you and pay for shipping :)

Don't want to scalp at all. =)

However, it's the end of semester rush at university and I am very busy so I would probably just take a tiny extra for the time needed to go get them, ship them and all that.

I can get a bunch of those Wii U GameCube Adapter. What would be a fair price? How should I ship those if you guys want them?

My love and gratitude on top of a few extra dollars beyond the retail price.
I really need to find one for our University as we quite often play and without it the feels just aren't there..

I would consider $40-45 shipped fair

At this point I can agree with that..

Jinto

Speaking of the GameCube adapter, I wonder if someone bought the one VGP listed on Amazon for $169. It's no longer there.

I also regret giving away my second one. No 8 player Smash during the holidays, unless I can borrow it back. I guess people can use the other controllers to play.

Jinto

After looking through all the BF flyers, I think Walmart is gonna be my only destination on Friday. I doubt we're gonna see a much better Xbox One deal than that on Boxing Day. I have a feeling The Evil Within is gonna sell fast though. Kinda tempted to pick up Watch Dogs too. I wonder if it's even worth the $25.

I'd totally be interested if you're willing! Cost + shipping + an extra tip or whatever. I'm gonna assume Nintendo is going to be ultimately unreliable for restocking these.

My wife says she doesn't like the sound of that! ;)

However if you do decide to be nice I would gladly buy one from you and pay for shipping :)

Dude, if you seriously could I would love you forever. I'd pay like, 50. XD

Dude, if you seriously could I would love you forever. I'd pay like, 50. XD

All right, all right! Let me get dressed and I will go buy a few, stop by post office to see what shipping is like and all that.

You can always get a Gamecube adapter from Amazon.uk. Works out to $32 each after conversion/taxes if you buy 2. No duties apparently.

That's interesting to! If you guys prefer that I will stay home! :)

Sent you a PM :)

Shitty quality picture but that's what I got for now:

cXKjsj1.jpg

a916

I need some advice on 360 options.

I have the option of:

500GB 360 E $199
250GB 360 E $149
250GB 360 S $149

The 250GB models are final sale.

Which should I buy? Each includes 2 games which don't matter to me, I'm more focused on HDD size and overall model.

I've had one say the older S model is superior, but I like the novelty of owning the most recent model.

Also I will likely use the 360 laid flat, but I could put it vertically if needed which the S model might require.

Also I have a Hauppauge that I record via component cables, do all models support Component?

360 games don't typically have the size of PS3 games due to disc size (some do have multiple discs, see Blue Dragon, etc) and naturally there's so much more to have digitally on PS3 (had one since July I think?), also PSN has crazy deals. Don't know if XBLA does often (I'm aware of the current one going on).

What does GAF recommend?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
In the market for a foam mattress, I have back pains because of the current one I sleep in.

Is amazon the way to go? seeing these prices on furniture stores scare me.
I recommend Ikea. I bought a $500 mattress from there almost 2 years ago that still feels just like the day it did when I bought it. Extremely comfortable to sleep on and its recognized by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Don't cheap out on the mattress, make sure to spend a little extra and get something really nice. Your body can't be ready if its not getting a good nights sleep.

Seeing as video game deals are pretty bad, any suggestions on where I can find really nice winter jackets? I've usually relied on Sears and the Bay in the past but their selection is hit and miss and I really need to buy one this weekend.

krae_man

I just realized I never received Pokemon Omega Ruby in the mail from Bestbuy. Canada post says it was delivered on Monday. The only thing in my mailbox on Monday was a delivery card for a piece of luggage I also bought from Bestbuy. Persona Q arrived on Tuesday without issue as well.

What are the chances they will trust me?

The Witcher 3 preorder over at PSN Store is at $53.99, which is a 10% savings from $59.99. Looks to me that they didn't change the price when migrating it to Canadian store which is typically $69.99.

So yeah, Witcher 3 for $53.99 with no tax. Crazy deal IMO, and might be a price error, but then again CD Projekt RED are awesome like that.

P.S. Is there a great deal for PS3? Is the Walmart 12GB for $150 the best deal?

Ventara

I just realized I never received Pokemon Omega Ruby in the mail from Bestbuy. Canada post says it was delivered on Monday. The only thing in my mailbox on Monday was a delivery card for a piece of luggage I also bought from Bestbuy. Persona Q arrived on Tuesday without issue as well.

What are the chances they will trust me?

Shouldn't be a problem for you. Doesn't matter whether they trust you. You'll get refunded. If I remember correctly, the postman is supposed to safedrop it (meaning he needs to hand it to you, no signature), though my postman just puts it in the mailbox as well.

Though check with your neighbors; postman had dropped one of my packages of with them a little while back.

ahdurian

Just got my Smash bundle from Amazon in the mail.........which I had forgot I ordered

I now have two copies of Smash, the adaptor and the controller....wut do......

krae_man

Shouldn't be a problem for you. Doesn't matter whether they trust you. You'll get refunded. If I remember correctly, the postman is supposed to safedrop it (meaning he needs to hand it to you, no signature), though my postman just puts it in the mailbox as well.

Though check with your neighbors; postman had dropped one of my packages of with them a little while back.

My Super sometimes get my packages for me. But he knows when I come home from work and always knocks on my door shortly after I get home or grabs me as I walk in the building. The other thing is, I had a delivery card in my mailbox for another package. Why would my super take one item but not the other?

Ventara

My Super sometimes get my packages for me. But he knows when I come home from work and always knocks on my door shortly after I get home or grabs me as I walk in the building. The other thing is, I had a delivery card in my mailbox for another package. Why would my super take one item but not the other?

Wait, are you suspecting your super of taking the package? Not sure if I follow. But assuming your super didn't accidentally make a mistake, Canada Post probably screwed up somewhere when delivering your packages. Even when you're getting two packages, it's possible one will get to you and one will not (it's what happened to me). Just check with your super to make sure he didn't accidentally misplace it, and if not, call BB to say you never got it.

Pass. Works out to about $46.5 CND. If you're in no rush, might as well wait to see if there's a better deal.

Top Bottom