• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Roto13

Wait, are you suspecting your super of taking the package? Not sure if I follow. But assuming your super didn't accidentally make a mistake, Canada Post probably screwed up somewhere when delivering your packages. Even when you're getting two packages, it's possible one will get to you and one will not (it's what happened to me). Just check with your super to make sure he didn't accidentally misplace it, and if not, call BB to say you never got it.

Pass. Works out to about $46.5 CND. If you're in no rush, might as well wait to see if there's a better deal.

There almost certainly will be on Boxing Day.

krae_man

What I meant is my super should have had both of the package if you are correct and he just grabbed it and has forgot to give it to me. So I'm betting it's in la la land.

Tapejara

Hm, Black Friday is disappointing this year. Was hoping for a sale on Lords of the Fallen and PS Plus/XBL. Might grab an extra DualShock 4 though.

Jinto

Amazon has a preview of some of the upcoming Black Friday deals. From what I can tell, the only deals of note are:

Get $75 gift card with the purchase of the Last of Us PS4 bundle, and $19.99 for Watch Dogs.

Banned
Are pillows a meme I missed out on?

Any cheap deals on a 360? I want to play dragon age I and II with console controls before buying DA:I.

When I open the Walmart.ca website i get a "You have been hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army" and a redirect to their flag. Only website doing this to me… haha

Edit: only on products page.

Zing

Banned
Thanks for the heads up about the GC adapters. I've not really been that interested, but I decided to give it a try. I figure I'll just sell to gaffers if I don't like it. Weird thing is, my order of adapters says December 1 for delivery, but I made an order for controllers a few minutes later and it says December 2. Oh well, I still have a single GC controller here to test on Monday.

When I open the Walmart.ca website i get a "You have been hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army" and a redirect to their flag. Only website doing this to me… haha

Edit: only on products page.
Funny, but not happening for me. I'd scan your systems, my friend.

Thanks for the heads up about the GC adapters. I've not really been that interested, but I decided to give it a try. I figure I'll just sell to gaffers if I don't like it. Weird thing is, my order of adapters says December 1 for delivery, but I made an order for controllers a few minutes later and it says December 2. Oh well, I still have a single GC controller here to test on Monday.

Funny, but not happening for me. I'd scan your systems, my friend.

Happens to everyone around me, just when clicking product page. On my phone too. It just redirects to an imgur image and sounds more like "You been hacked Walmart". We all on the same network at university. A simple ad block might work against this.

rinse82

Hmmm on the fence on an XBone.

MS Store deal is mighty tempting, especially with a decent selection for the free game, and the fact that I can trade-in my 360 Phat for $100 credit.

How is the XB1 as a media player? I was looking for a new HTPC for the living room but if the XB1 can play MKV's from my NAS, I think I can justify the purchase.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm a bit too lazy to look; are there any good deals on:
32" TVs - I see Target has a 40" for $119 tomorrow, but assume that the brand is kind of weak
Tablets and/or Kobos - Assume the $69 RCA Tablet at Target is garbage??

Thanks!

I'm a bit too lazy to look; are there any good deals on:
32" TVs - I see Target has a 40" for $119 tomorrow, but assume that the brand is kind of weak
Tablets and/or Kobos - Assume the $69 RCA Tablet at Target is garbage??

Thanks!

Kobo Aura's on sale at Future Shop (and Best Buy?) as well as Indigo. $99 plus a free sleep cover. (Wish I'd waited for that, I bought mine a week or two ago at $99 minus the cover.)

stn

Bought Watch Dogs at the Microsoft Store. Always wanted to play it, couldn't say no to $15. Copies still left, folks.

12gb for 100$ at staples but I'm afraid they're OOS. Some people over at rfd have apparently succeeded in price matching at walmart yesterday with a receipt.

hmm I may try doing this at my local walmart. Have been looking for a ps3 for awhile and goddamn shit is overpriced

yeah but why? Why dont we start having Cinco de Mayo sales too?

To try to get consumers to spend more money. Nothing crazy about it, a lot of our media is tied to the US and the US has lots of BF advertisements. Canadian retailers see it as an opportunity to drum up business so here we are.

TheKurgan

Hmmm on the fence on an XBone.

MS Store deal is mighty tempting, especially with a decent selection for the free game, and the fact that I can trade-in my 360 Phat for $100 credit.

How is the XB1 as a media player? I was looking for a new HTPC for the living room but if the XB1 can play MKV's from my NAS, I think I can justify the purchase.

I would like to know this as well. I am on the fence on buying a PS4/XBone, but would jump on one of these deals if either of them was a decent media/Blu-Ray player.

From what I can gather the PS3 is still the best gaming Blu-Ray player, which is massively disappointing. But maybe my info is old and some of the recent firm ware updates have improved the situation.

I would like to know this as well. I am on the fence on buying a PS4/XBone, but would jump on one of these deals if either of them was a decent media/Blu-Ray player.

From what I can gather the PS3 is still the best gaming Blu-Ray player, which is massively disappointing. But maybe my info is old and some of the recent firm ware updates have improved the situation.

Don't know about XB1 but right now the PS4 is awful as a media player. I still use my PS3 for all of that.

big_z

anyone have a PlayStation plus trial code they're willing to donate?

would like to get Isaac added to my download history while its free.

Doel

Wii U has been increasingly absent in recent flyers, and I haven't seen it in any Black Friday sales here. What's going on?

Top Bottom