• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Wii U has been increasingly absent in recent flyers, and I haven't seen it in any Black Friday sales here. What's going on?

Either it's selling well enough as it is and Nintendo isn't willing to cut the price.

or

Nintendo isn't willing to cut the price but the stock is low enough that the retailers don't need to throw out the door just yet.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Wii U has been increasingly absent in recent flyers, and I haven't seen it in any Black Friday sales here. What's going on?

There's a deal on Amazon.ca right now.

Buy 3D World Bundle get Tropical Freeze free!

Ain't half bad, but with the dollar being shit - it's hardly not surprising we are seeing less deals this year.

I think the best deal for BF will be the $280 SM3DW WiiU bundle + $25 GC at RCSS with no tax.

I agree. I bought mine at SDM for $300+tax and it came with ~$115 in points (redeeming this weekend during the bonus days) but if it were available I would have considered the superstore deal.

Jinto

Looks like some of Amazon's deals are live now. I'm planning on picking up Sunset Overdrive for when I grab an Xbone tomorrow. Are there any better Black Friday deals for Sunset Overdrive than the one Amazon has for $44.99 right now?

Looks like some of Amazon's deals are live now. I'm planning on picking up Sunset Overdrive for when I grab an Xbone tomorrow. Are there any better Black Friday deals for Sunset Overdrive than the one Amazon has for $44.99 right now?

RCSS will have it for 29.99 on BF, supossedly 39.99 at Costco now

So who else is gonna line up for black Friday tonight? I was wondering what the best time to go was since I've never done this before (not even on boxing day). I'm planning on going to Wal-Mart and their doors open at midnight

So who else is gonna line up for black Friday tonight? I was wondering what the best time to go was since I've never done this before (not even on boxing day). I'm planning on going to Wal-Mart and their doors open at midnight

Nah, the internet exists. I haven't lined up for Boxing Day/Black Friday in a loooong time.

i did last year for boxing day, this year, def' no. im staying online. im not getting much anyways

cameron

Depending on the deal and available quantity at the location, some people line up a day or more early. A few years ago I tried going 6 hours early on boxing day and the line was just ridiculous, so I went home. I'll stick to ordering online.

Am I missing something?..
967902_10204156692371016_629331024_n.jpg

They also don't have the TIV on the BestBuy site for Smash 3DS which is weird.

antibolo

Banned
Way better with the Pro Controller.

I played with both and I honestly don't understand your claim that the Pro is "way better". If you have one and are not doing off-TV play then yeah you might as well use it, but if you don't then it's by no means an inferior experience to just play with the GamePad. Definitely not a reason to avoid the game just because you can't find a Pro.

Lizardus

Any good deals on 30" or 32" TVs with 1080p?

I've found that I really don't like playing games on my 50" for some reason.
It's too big.

krae_man

When I open the Walmart.ca website i get a "You have been hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army" and a redirect to their flag. Only website doing this to me… haha

Edit: only on products page.

According to the KW record, lots of sites mostly media have been affected.

So either you all have the same virus or some major hacking is going on.

explodet

According to the KW record, lots of sites mostly media have been affected.
It's a 3rd party sharing tools script used by all those sites that was hacked and modified.

On another note, I went to my closest EB and they're no longer selling the AC Unity Season Pass. YMMV, but I didn't get squat.

There is a thread on GAF dealing with PSN Black Frday deals. Someone posted the leaked Brazilian PSN Black Friday deals. A couple of notables (for me) were Shadow of Mordor for $30us and Diablo III ultimate edition for $35us. I hope this shows up on the Canadian store.

Cheers

Kinda pissed that W101 is more expensive on the Canadian eShop for BF.

I wonder why the other games in sale (except Wii Party) have the US prices.

Zeeman

Kinda pissed that W101 is more expensive on the Canadian eShop for BF.

I wonder why the other games in sale (except Wii Party) have the US prices.

All the other games have the same pricing normally as the US eShop, but W101 and Wii Party U are $5 more expensive.

Both Forza 5 GOTY Edition and Dead Rising 3 are $20 at thesource.ca right now -- they weren't supposed to be that cheap until Monday, but I guess they jumped the gun? Ryse was also supposed to be (or will be) $20, but it's not even showing up on their site anymore.

flkraven

Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 GOTY edition, $19.99 each at the source. Available online.

Both Forza 5 GOTY Edition and Dead Rising 3 are $20 at thesource.ca right now -- they weren't supposed to be that cheap until Monday, but I guess they jumped the gun? Ryse was also supposed to be (or will be) $20, but it's not even showing up on their site anymore.

EDIT: lol

krae_man

Does Canada have laws regarding raising prices before BF and then discounting to create the illusion of sales?

Everywhere has those laws but never enforces them. I buy my shoes from an outlet store that is always 35% off.

The regular price for groupons is often a bs price that nobody pays etc.

LakeEarth

There is a thread on GAF dealing with PSN Black Frday deals. Someone posted the leaked Brazilian PSN Black Friday deals. A couple of notables (for me) were Shadow of Mordor for $30us and Diablo III ultimate edition for $35us. I hope this shows up on the Canadian store.

Cheers

Not terrible. I wonder if they'll announce the sales today or wait until tomorrow.
EDIT - looks like the list (but not the prices) have been recently posted:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940471

Oooh, Transistor!

BTW, dick move by my local Target. They are currently selling Killzone PS4 with a clearance sticker for $29, knowing full well that it'll be $15 tomorrow. Tricky bastards!

Returners

Is the reason for the Canadian dollar falling because of oil prices falling?

I mean, why can't we have both? :(

(just upset about the lack of deals in general for Black Friday)

Tiktaalik

I'm kinda set on doing a big upgrade to my whole setup this Black Friday.

FS seems to have a bunch of sales on on TVs, but in the flyer its vague (eg. "All Sony TVs on sale" but only showing one) so I'm just gonna have to wait until the website changes this evening to figure out what's worth it.

I really to get a receiver but no great sales have appeared on the mid range stuff like the Yamaha RX-V477. I might keep an eye on BestBuy.com to see if they do anything. Could ship it to my box in the US if it'd be a good deal even with the risk of paying duty.

The only thing I will be getting on Black Friday will actually be on Monday when The Source has Xbox Live for $39.99, and it is online so I won't have to go anywhere.

With E3 pre-orders, especially since I was lucky with the cheaper Amazon pre-orders when they messed up, I've gotten all the games on launch day for a very cheap price. Sometimes cheaper than these Black Friday deals.

What I was looking for was a deal on Dragon Age Inquisition, Master Chief Collection and Amiibos, which there is no sale for.

Bring on Boxing Day!

Top Bottom